Ended
Watch

(Mirror Maze) Chasing Reflections

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    J
    John Doe

John nodded in agreement on the Courts' stereotypes. "It's definitely a shame. There's some who actively embody what I'll call, "the surface appearance" of a Court. Like a shy Winter guy." Self-deprecating humor. "I'm working on that thanks to Sera. She's super helpful with that part of the gig. Circe's a great example of a non-traditional Summer. Happy-go-lucky and genuinely a lot of fun."

S
    Sasha

The Onyx was glad that Nana would take what was said about the Autumn with a grain of salt. She didn't like to put words and thoughts into people's heads without their own impressions. But, the mild warning was needed after what happened. "I am glad you did come to our Freehold Nana. You seem to have a wonderful mind about you and how the Seasons cycle and change. I know ours is a bit different with a Director and such, but, we had to find a way to protect ourselves and keep the Wyrd happy at the same time." Although that part seemingly has bit them right in the hind end.

With a smirk and knitted brows, Sasha chuckled a little. "I don't think all Autumns I've known have been drab. But, I know it's difficult to fall into a Court. Perhaps some just don't understand at first, and then become stuck in a rut. I've seen many Winters do the same."

Yet, about performing, the Fairest hated talking about herself like this, though she was capable of anything, bragging wasn't something she did. "I am a Dancer, not only by my Kith but by trade too. I tend to perform only during Winter for the Freehold, unless I'm asked or there is an event. I do not like upstaging someone during their Season." The Fairest said, as she was probably one of the few Fairests that were very modest.

"But, the Note is open to any performers, not just jazz. Seraphina, a Spring, has sang there many times."

"And John's right. I've known Summers to be very angsty, but Circe is very fun-loving and likes to make sure others are having a good time during her festivities."

N
    Nana

She couldn't help the small chuckle in return to John's self-jab on stereotypes. "I suppose, though I'm not in any place to judge." She hadn't gained her Mantle on accident. "I look forward to meeting them. It really is quite nice to hear about how trusting you are with one another." She also knew when she was being ominous on accident and added, "It's been some time since I heard of favors being traded without a pledge in place to assure they are paid back."

She nodded to Sasha. "Indeed. I know that I -- lost many things in my return. Feeling the rush of Fear brings some of it back, but I do need to remind myself that there is more than just that from time to time."

Her stretched features pulled even more in interest from the Dancer's talk of performance. "That's very thoughtful of you. Jealousy can be a cruel thing, but I believe we should embrace our gifts." It was another part of what made Autumn where she felt truly at home. "We earned them and the right to use them by freeing ourselves. I can't speak for the others of the court here, but I think that seeing a Dancer in full glory would be a great honor. I certainly hope that you would for Winter's Coronation -- but if a request is all it takes, then I'd ask you to at least consider a performance during Autumn's."

She thought of how to avoid the threat of anyone being upstaged. "It could certainly make a nice cap to the ceremonies. It's supposed to be a time of plenty and it would be good to have something to remind everyone that to eat, drink, and dance in the face of fear is as much the point as inspiring it."

J
    John Doe

Nana's request to Sasha about a dance forced him to conceal a laugh with a sip of coffee. "That would be an interesting display," he commented.

Then, something clicked into place in John's head. An excitement sparked within him and he gave voice to it. "Actually, that's a great point, Nana." He turned to Sasha, "Something beautiful and thematically appropriate to each season. Have one of the Lost step forward with art to signify the transition."

He retrieved his phone, and quickly entered a query. "There was this Clockwork Dancer I knew in Vegas. She'd put on these memorizing shows for the Lost. Allegedly, the Mundanes had something go wrong when they saw her do her best work. I dunno but that's what I was told. Anyway, here's Stephanie doing Steampunk Tango." He held out his phone to show the video, "She was Courtless and she'd do a closing performance for each Coronation."

S
    Sasha

The Fairest tilted her head slightly. "Trust is earned of course. If I do not trust someone, and they want me to get involved in something that is when a Pledge is enacted. This is only my personal way of doing things." She misses the days of the Freehold Pledge, it at least made sure no one hurt each other.

If it was a different time, and Terri was around, she would have happily said yes and jumped at the chance. Now, it's very different. "I appreciate your suggestion. I will consider your request. Although, it honestly depends on how the Sovereign of that Season may like to handle their events. If it would fit with such an event, I would do so of course."

Nana seemed very determined to have the Fairest dance at some point. She laughed slightly. "I promise you, at least in Winter, Nana, you will see me dance."

Trying to get the subject off herself, the Fairest raised her brows with curiosity to the Wizened. "Do you have any other questions at all Nana, about the Freehold, anything about Sacramento?" There had to be something that the new Autumn may need to know.

N
    Nana

Nana leaned forward, eyes narrowing as she watched the performance play out on John’s screen. She didn’t watch the entirety of the clip, a smile still on her face though as she leaned back and looked to back to him. “Beautiful and what an excellent idea for making the Courtless a part of things. If there are any here, perhaps we could do something similar. If you know of any, I would be happy to speak to them about possibilities.”

She looked back to Sasha. “Of course, I don’t imagine true trust is thrown around lightly, but it is still nice to see that not every exchange is nickel and dimed out to the Wyrd.” She then gave a nod of her head, very nearly a bow, with the further talk of performance. “I look forward to it, even if wait until Winter. Such talents are what keep me, at least, from becoming too overwhelmed by this new between world we live in and I’ve no doubt it would make a similar difference for others.”

She gave a small hum of thought as she considered what questions she might have. Really it was considering what sort of question she even wanted to present to another Court at all. “Hm – Well, I’ve already dipped into the Hedge to collect ingredients for my work, but it’s all been very timid. If there’s any warnings or advice that you might have on that, I would welcome it.”

The Hedge was a fickle thing though and it wasn’t as if any advice there would be true by the time she needed it. “I do work with the underbelly of society. I try to keep my nose out of it. I’m just there to keep people from dying, whatever led them close it. Still, I’d be curious to know if there is anything of concern to the Freehold or the city in general.” She raised a hand to let it twist in the air during her list of such possibilities. “Is there a racket that we don’t touch, a group that’s been giving anyone trouble, one that’s been of help? I don’t want to undermine anyone’s work in that arena, even if I’m only trying to provide a service.”

J
    John Doe

"You too?" he laughed. "I'm a street urchin working his way up in the world. Glad to hear another one of us are trying to improve the lives of those who need it most."

He then shook his head, "Places we don't touch, I haven't heard anyone report in on that." He paused grimacing, "That's a bit of a problem in my book. What we don't know can be a problem for us." The Darkling shrugged, "That being said, I doubt anyone would give you flak for healthcare. If anyone does, let me know, I'll set 'em straight."

S
    Sasha

The Dancer smiled sweetly, it was nice to be someone's something to look forward too. It had been a long time since she'd heard such things.

The Fairest wished this question had already been answered publicly. It was something she'd worked on a long time ago, but now was completely lost between people. "The true answer to your question about places not to bother with is no. Yet, I think it may go without saying that we try to stay out of the way of public service employees, police, emergency responders, and whatnot. Of course that's not saying that you cannot lurk at some of these events on the sidelines and pull from some of their emotions, if that is how you acquire your Glamour." Considering the Dancer frequented nursing homes which had doctors and nurses around, she couldn't tell someone not to do these things. But caution she could remind them of.

"I know that you easily put together that you needed to come to me to find out a few things about the Freehold. Ours is a little different than some of the normal ones across the States. We have a Director which is Ingrid. Outside of the Freehold, we can refer to her as the Manager. She oversees us, and keeps the Wyrd at bay so that if there is a gap in any Court without a Sovereign, that the Wyrd does suddenly become agitated with us. A few years ago, our numbers were very thin, and for a long time I was the only Winter. I think we were even missing a Summer Sovereign for a while too. The Notary sees to new people who seek them out and to record pledges that she is made aware of. There is a Groundskeeper position that is still open, but they are to keep an eye on security, hedge patrols and whatnot." For a long time, the Fairest seemed like she was unneeded in her position, but as of late, her phone was ringing more frequently.

N
    Nana

“You’re doing very well for yourself then.” She offered to John. “I’ve unfortunately had to require payment to keep myself afloat, even if it’s less than reputable. All the same, I will certainly take you up on that offer if need be. Please, consider me a resource for any of your people in return. My time is sadly not unlimited, but I do not consider access to care as charity. Those populations are often a better indicator of the overall health of a city than those with a lifetime of means. To hear their experiences in exchange is more than a fair trade.” The added access to any fear of medical intervention not uncommon in those groups wouldn’t hurt any either.

She took in Sasha’s words and nodded. “That’s good to hear. It’s to my benefit to avoid such establishments, but I’ve been blessed with something of a quiet presence. I do also have the basics for my mundane life as Diana Ramirez which I hope to strengthen as time goes by. Privacy for myself and the Freehold is a priority I do take seriously.” She looked between John and Sasha then as she added. “I do mean it when I say I want our sister Courts to think of one another as such. I would be happy to pull what strings I can to help acquire those same protections for others. I know it can be hard for some newly returned to find their footing and if you have concerns over any in the future do let me know how I can help.”

With that she pulled the previous Post-It notes from back from her pocket along with a pen. She pulled two from the stack and added her contact information to them, giving them a second life. She did try to be frugal. “Don’t hesitate to be in touch. I’ll try and get in contact with Ingrid as well, but at the very least I’ve no doubt I’ll have a formal introduction at the Coronation. Hopefully with the reestablishment of Autumn she won’t need to carry quite such a heavy burden. It speaks well of you all to have managed with such small numbers for this long.” She meant that genuinely, having come from the large Freehold of New York that rarely had want for Lost eager to establish themselves.

I think that covers all the bases for me anyway. Unless anything else major, shall we start the wind down? ^^

J
    John Doe

"Glad to hear it!" John nodded in understanding. "It'll be good to work together then." The Darkling finished his cup of coffee. He chuckled seeing Nana recycle the Post-It notes. "Thank you kindly."

Good to close here

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 11

You do not have permission to view the list of names.