Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
After the Chapter

L
    Lina Moretti

Moretti's hotel room, soon to be left behind for a better Haven.

An ash tray half filled with butts rested on the shitty table, two rough wooden chairs pushed in. Two beds, completely untouched save for crinkles where she laid on top; a crappy coffee maker on a table; a cheap upholstered chair in the corner. It wasn't the Ritz, at all. But it protected her from the sun well enough, and that would do while she was about to move.

"So, that was amazing. You know how to use that perilous Nest? Might be a little less perilous when our... new friends and their Fire are gone. You find anything out in the basement? Anything we can use?"

She looked like she was pondering a mystery.

"I have no fucking idea what they were, by the way."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

The time in his car alone had given Aaron some time to think, but his thoughts had hardly led to anything useful. At least he has calmed down a little bit from his encounter. For the Masquerade's sake, he wisely waits with talking about their recent discovery until they are in Lina's hotel room. Once there, he hardly takes a moment to take in the room.

'That was amazing, but also very confusing. If only Little John had not been so imposing, I would have loved to go much further.' But with only one combat able Kindred versus two unknown factors, it does not make for a good scenario, 'My first sense was that it could serve as a Fontal Nest. There is a mystical power there that can be used to some purposes.'

Aaron smiles at the thought. He had only participated in some rituals before in his unlife. It would take some practice to actually take the lead. But it could offer them so much power.

'However, whatever makes the place perilous seems to be some sort of entity. I could not tell you there, but it had communed with me. I mean, fuck. It made me feel like I was drowning in a river of fire.'
    He starts pacing around the hotel room. 'I have been thinking of ways to communicate with it. It seems to be pure energy. Energy can be measured. It also seemed intelligent somehow. I'm not sure if we want it to stay there...'

There are just too many "what if's" here.

'They also didn't give us much to go on. Alchemists. Serpent. They definitely seemed childish somehow. It doesn't add up.'

3. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    L
    Lina Moretti

Lina listened carefully as Aaron described the power. He had communed with something? That was fucking amazing, even if it was dangerous.

"All right. A Fontal Nest. Even if it's perilous, that's still handy. We may be able to measure more, with the right meters and research. As for the two of them... they were literally eating twigs and dust along with their food. That's weird as shit, so they're obviously supernatural. We just need to dig more into the books. There's got to be something about these so-called Alchemists about."

She flopped down in the chair and drummed her fingers on the armrests. She took a long moment to think about what to do next.

"So. Here's what I'm thinking. Can you do up a write-up on what we saw? I'm going to write a letter up the chain. There's an Onyx Scribe at Berkley named Hildegarde Bingen. I want to report what we've found, both the Nest and the two we met, and make sure it's documented. Maybe the Scribe will be able to identify this or tell us anything that has been previously reported by Sacramento Dragons in the past about this location. Obviously, that place was more than it is now. We could use a little history, if any exists."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

Well, if that's possible, that's cool

'Indeed. And perhaps we can uncover more useful facts as soon as they have left the premises. Hopefully we'll be able to navigate the house more easily. I have... several uses for a Fontal Nest.'
    Research was going to be very exhausting if Aaron got lost half the time. More reason to worry, but also more curious powers to uncover.

When Lina sits down, he also takes a moment to relax and find somewhere to seat.

'Yes. I will try to write something down. It might hard to fully convey on paper. I'm not sure if anyone would have been able to sense it, or if it reacted to our inner nature more directly. Thus further empirical research is required to expand on my initial encounter.'

He's surprised to hear that Lina has nearby contacts. 'That is great. So we don't have to reinvent the wheel entirely. My closest contacts would be no closer than Illinois... maybe Iowa.' A world that now feels further away than ever.

L
    Lina Moretti

"Best you can, right," Lina replied with a nod. She looked curious to know what his plans with the Nest were. "So, what kind of stuff can you do with a place like that? I understand there are rituals and all that, but which ones are you into?" Good to know what her friend could do going forward for them.

She pulled out a piece of paper and a pen, preparing to write a hand-written letter to be sent by fast courier.

"Perhaps just make records of it for now, then. Hopefully, we can get her on a secure line and have a telephone conference about the details. Gotta mind the First, after all. But we should have that information available..."

Do you want to wrap this quickie up on your post and get Bingen on the phone to advance the plot?

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

PRE

'Well, right now I only have the basic knowledge that something can actually be done with them,' he smiles, a lot of Dragons would be lost when encountering a Fontal Nest. 'And I have the means to achieve further knowledge on exact practices. My Sire revealed several rituals to me. With some research and proper practice, I could go any way.'

He leans close to Lina, bringing down his voice, 'This means, unlocking Discipline enhancing properties, depending on the exact resonance of the Nest. Also, I once participated in a ritual...' in his mind, he goes back to that specific moment, 'the Vitae we drank from the ritual subject almost exploded in my mouth, it was so satisfying and fulfilling. We could all feed more than our bodies could stomach.'

The memory alone brings forth a certain hunger, a strong wish to feed. More than necessary really. But why would a Lord of the night have to restrain himself anyway?

Oh man, the good old times.

But Aaron snaps out of his trip down to memory lane when Lina grabs her pen and paper. 'Uh yes. Good plan.'

Depends on how detailed Yumyumcrow wants to play her? We can also fast-forward a little in this thread I guess.

L
    Lina Moretti

Lina listens with a smile on her face. "That sounds amazing..." she murmurs as she writes a simple letter. "I'll keep it veiled, since we've got the First to consider... I'll get it on the way."

Quote Originally posted by The Letter to Hildegarde:
    Dear Ms. Bingen:

My name is Lina Moretti. I manage the Sacramento office of Dragon, Inc.

Recently, my partner Aaron van Valen and I found an old building located off Wilton Road in the Sheldon area of Sacramento that has some interesting properties to its real estate. It is spacious, more spacious than meets the eye, and it appears to be a great place to nest, even if the surroundings seem somewhat perilous.

I am writing to ask if this location is known to the company, and if it is, what you might be able to tell me about it.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Yours truly,

Lina Moretti
    Yumyumcrow - Good to go, unless DP has any objections!

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

PRE

'Looks good,' Aaron nods while reading the letter.

Dragon Inc. though?

A somewhat geeky smile appears, 'Would've gone with Alucard Publishing or something, but this does does the job.'

All good

10. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 6

You do not have permission to view the list of names.