Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Presence
    (Unimpressed)
    Viola Jones

Rahu
    Hunter in the Darkness
    Purity ●● | Cunning ●

PRE

It wasn't anywhere special, a stretch of land. It was a park on the surface, but this deep into the woods no one who wasn't supposed to be here would wander in.

Squatting on the ground, back to a tree, Viola smirks.

"Come on Em pull up some dirt."

Meninna Rahu | Primal Urge ●● | Heath: | Willpower: | Essence:

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily drops gently to the ground, pulls out a tobacco pouch and begins rolling a cigarette.

"Thank god we're outta there. It was getting really hard to talk like normal, y'know?" Emily doesn't even notice that talking about the Uratha isn't normal - it's clearly been a part of her like too long to think of it as anything else.

"So, leme make sure I got this straight - your Da was one of them up-tight Ithaeurs that makes rituals for everything, burst back into life after the Change, swept you into the Hunters before you knew what was going on? What an ass." She seals the cigarette and waves a hand over the front of it.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-07-26 04:36:49 Emily rolls 4 to Make fire! Stam + Surv + Purity = 4 (10 Again) 4, 5, 10, 2, 9 2 successes

The hand ingites into flame, lighting the cigarette, and Emily shakes her hand quickly to extinguish the fire. She takes a draw on the cigarette and tries to act casual, but it grinning. "Elemental gifts of the Spirits," she says by way of explanation. "They do some funny stuff. But Since we came out her to be ourselves thought I'd try it out."
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

3. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Unimpressed)
    Viola Jones

Rahu
    Hunter in the Darkness
    Purity ●● | Cunning ●

PRE

She nods, not what she expected a Crescent to use her Gifts for, but fuck it. What the fuck did she know?

"Close. Ma took me away, but da never lost me. Just was a fuckin' creepy stalker watchin' me, but not doin' anything. Fucker was probably ecstatic when ma died. There was a Fetish, with a Murder Spirit bound to it. Dunno why, but it always seemed to follow me. Like some fucked up slasher flick. I'm the only one who lived, twice. Second was the Change. But the first. Bet my da was," her voice lowers, turning gruffer for her imitation, "'look at ma girl, Spirit's harassing her, she's already touched by the witch-moon.' or something fucked up like that." she scowls, crossing her arms. "When my Change came on, I remember the horror and the death, and the anger. Fuck, but I remember that fucker's disappointment. Rahu for a daughter. When he was his Pack's Ritemaster. The horror." she deadpans, "But then, ya. Had me Oath-sworn to as a Meninna before I knew there was anything else. Not complaining 'bout my Tribe. The Hunt, Purity in all our actions, the reverence of our territory, this is me. Wish I could have come to Hikaon-Ur on my own. With full knowledge and pure intent."

Staring up at the foliage and the sky above, "But it fuckin' is, what it fuckin' is."

Bringing her dead eyes back to Emily, "So. Bet your story's happier then mine. An inverted, better image eh? Dad a Rahu, offering full knowledge and support. Teachin' you not only to take care of the spirit, but also the flesh. Leaving behind a legacy of pride and honour." Then in a small voice, purposefully disinterested, "...but, uh. Did he ever decide who you should date. Or marry?"

5. Likes Xadun, Cayce liked this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

- a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily is smoking quietly while Viola expresses her story. As she draws it all together, all Emily can offer is a quiet "Man. That's fucked up." She offers the cigarette.

"Wait, what? Hell no! Dad never... I mean, he didn't always like my choices, but he was my Dad! Hating my choice of partners is kinda standard, right? I mean, we had fights that made the walls bleed, and there were some he wanted to tear in half and I went out with them anyways, but, I mean, he never actually stopped me. I think he was just glad I was chasing humans and not People. I mean, who would do something like that?" she asks incredulously.

There an almost comical moment of realisation. "Oh. Oh crap... No! Really? Oh, V. That's just. I mean. Fuck."

Emily toys with a rock. "I was gonna say it wasn't all sweetness and lgiht but compared to that I guess it would be. Dad.... did his best. He let me make my own choices - showed me round the tribes and I chose what fit best. It just happened to be the same because we were a lot alike. He raised me. He told me he never knew what to do with a Crescent - 'all that spirit stuff I just go with my gut, but I know what to do for my daughter.'" she puts on a gruff voice for the impression. "So, he taught me about cars and Purity. Trusting my instincts. Some of being adaptable. And for what he knew he couldn't he made sure someone could." Emily drags on the cigarette. "I learned everything I know about spirits from the old Pack's Ithauer. And as for flesh.... Well. Let's just say in his eyes I was always his little girl, so I figured a lot out for myself before he realised quite what what going on." She chuckles, trying to lighten to mood, but it just sounds forced.

7. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Unimpressed)
    Viola Jones

Rahu
    Hunter in the Darkness
    Purity ●● | Cunning ●

PRE

Her tongue's picking at her teeth when Emily's incredulous eyes take her in. "Yup. Da picked out a nice wolf-blooded boy for me. Maybe a couple. See. My womb was on rent." Her teeth grit. "Fucker." He hated Sarah. Viola still wondered why they were so late coming back from that parley, had it been a set up? Or just an opportunity to get Sarah gone so he could change his disappointing queer rahu daughter into something 'right'.

Jokes on him. Turned into a shit show. Everyone but her is dead and burried.

"Sounds like sunshine and rainbows from over here Em." a mirthless chuckle, "Glad not everyone's life pre and post wasn't shit when their da's already in the thick." She shakes her head, taking a breath, "This is already more sharing then I've done with anyone. So. Fuck. I dunno." she shrugs. "You always in Sacramento? You would be ya, 'cause of the shop, can't pull that up and move it as easy. What happened? Why are you here and they're not?"

9. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Yeah. Um. I guess so. Sorry." Emily shifts awkwardly. First Tristan now V. What am I? The pack shrink? I mean, I don't mind helping, but is there anyone besides Hector that isn't dragging a lead weight around?

"Uh.... yeah. Born and raised."
    The Crescent is growing more agitated. "Look. Um. You did all the sharing, so, I'll tell you. But I'm not proud of it, okay?"

Emily takes a few seconds smoking her cigarette. "Okay. So, This is going to sound like the worst bitch ever but Dad was.... really protective. We were close, but I was always his little girl. So there was some big Pure beatdown across the city and things were getting kinda tense. I'd actually planned a holiday a few months before, and was gonna cancel, but Dad told me he thought I should go. So I did."

There's a long pause as she pulls on her cigarette again. "When I got back everyone was gone. Not just Dad. Everyone. The Pack. Every pack, Pure and Forsaken. Gone. Vanished. I looked all over the city. I was the only one left. Being the only wolf meant the wilds overgrew. Spiders. Rats. Magath. My job as Crescent and I couldn't do it. I clung to the tiny block around the garage and a bit in the Hisil. I went toe to toe with pretty much everything that I could, hid from anything that got too big or too swarm-y, and left the Magath to fester. Until you guys took it out."

Emily stares into the distance. "So, yeah. I hid. I snuck around. I kept as much of the Hisil straight as I could, which is as much as a postage stamp. But I survived." She flicks the butt over into the dirt. "Look, I'm all for, like, sharing and whatever, but if we keep doing this I'm going to want us to go hit something. I... don't like the hiding and running part of the thing. Makes me sound like I can't fight."

11. Likes Cayce, liked this post

Presence
    (Unimpressed)
    Viola Jones

Rahu
    Hunter in the Darkness
    Purity ●● | Cunning ●

PRE

Ignoring how awkward she made it, sharing was annoying and when to and when not to was something Viola didn't know. Or, she generally decided not to was always a win, while to was never, but here she was, attempting growth.

She did not like it.

"But you survived." she says, "You adapted and overcame. Isn't that the point for Red Wolf's children? If I could change thing, I'd 'ave sent someone I cared about away. He was your dad, and fuck I would have happily murdered someone for a dad like yours." she uncrosses her arms, rolling her shoulder, "You're territory wasn't overcome, you didn't abandon it and let it fester. One wolf can't take care of a city the size of Sacramento, but you took care of what was yours."

Looking the blue haired women in the eye, "If you couldn't fight. You'd be dead by now."

13. Likes Cayce, Xadun liked this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily sighs heavily. "Yeah. It is. I mean, you're right. You get it. I know that. I'm not embarrassed by what I did. It was smart. Or Wise or whatever, and cunning. Kinda the point."

She growls frustratedly. "I guess it's just... I had no idea whether anyone would believe that. I was just so mad at him for so long. I mean. I missed him... miss him. And I know he did it to save me. I just.... I didn't want to be bubblewrapped like he did so much. It was easier to be mad. And I never had anyone to talk about it apart from the gafflings that hid in the garage. And they were dumb as rocks. And no, they weren't rocks." She starts rolling another cigarette. "So, yeah. Maybe I'm a little repressed. Or whatever. And Thanks. For. Talking. Y'know. Whatever."

15. Likes , Cayce liked this post

Presence
    (Unimpressed)
    Viola Jones

Rahu
    Hunter in the Darkness
    Purity ●● | Cunning ●

PRE

"Cunning, Wisdom. Brains. Talent. Ya. That." it might sound unpleasant how she articulates the point, but she's impressed. Probably.

"....the fuck am I saying this? It's okay to miss him, them. They were family. Pack. If you didn't get pissed off, and still miss them I'd think something was fuckin' wrong with you." bluntly said, as she sneers. "Fuck it. Talking isn't my deal. If it was, I'd be one shy of Full." she stands.

"Yeah. Good talk." she looked like she wanted to stalk away, but maybe like she also had more to say. "We good?"

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily smiles. "Yeah, we're good. I think it helped. So, thanks, again. And I kinda got you weren't the talking type, but you seemed to say a lot. I won't tell anyone, promise." She chuckles.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread