(girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Map of Cemetery

In the Historic Old City Cemetery at 100 Broadway, is theMemorial Rose Garden. There is a smallentrance to the cemetery a few yards from the main entrance. This one is asmall iron gate and arch covered in roses. Mable has this gate unlocked. Rose Garden Info

Tonight, Mable was working in the rose garden area on a sicktree. She is busy sawing a dead limb.

R
    Rebecca Simmons

Rebecca had finally upgraded from her simple Honda Civic to a luxurious red BMW M6. She ran her hands along the steering wheel as she enjoyed a well deserved evening drive. That was until she looked over into the cemetery and her Catalyst twisted in fear. She quickly pulled into a nearby parking lot and tried to calm her nerves. Who had that been? What hunter was nearby? She looked across the road, focusing her senses for a moment as she spotted Mable Wood tending to a tree in the cemetery. How strange, and yet fortuitous. She had wanted to speak to the Gangrel Priscus in court but didn't want to interrupt her conversation with the Deputy. It would seem fate was smiling upon her. She steeled herself as she stared out her front window, focusing on drawing a mask of friendliness around her face. Once that was complete she stepped out of the car, locked the doors behind her, and made her way across the street.

It was never wise to surprise another hunter, so from a safe distance away Rebecca called out to the woman. "Why good evening. I was just driving by when I saw you. How have you been?"

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-07-20 16:02:46 Rebecca Simmons rolls 5 to Tatemae (Man+Exp+Kamen) (10 Again) 2, 1, 1, 1, 8 1 success

Rebecca activated and deactivated Heightened Senses.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable had been humming to herself as she worked and nearly dropped the tree limb on herself when she jumped at a voice. She had been so focused she hadn't felt the weaker beast. She held her own at the brink of attack as she looked over the gate. It was a person she recognized from court. She stilled her beast with promises of later hunting.

"Hi, come on in. the gate is unlocked." Mable's voice was friendly. She pulled the branch down to the ground and took off her work gloves. "A beautiful night for a ride." She greeted Rebecca. Meanwhile she was trying to remember if she knew anything about her.

R
    Rebecca Simmons

"Oh thank you," she said, letting herself in through the gate. On her face sat a friendly smile, but in her heart she felt her Catalyst's fear; ever step a reminder that the woman in front of her was, or could be, stronger than she. But she pushed those fears down and instead focused on the opportunity.

Rebecca turned and looked to the sky, taking in the clear night air. "It really is a beautiful night." She then focused her attention to the woman's work. "Do you work here full time or just enjoy working outside?" Rebecca was not the 'outdoors type' but she understood that others could be.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable walked towards Rebecca. "I have been wanting to meet you but with so many new people at the club, you know how it is. I'm Mable Wood." She reaches out her hand in a professional manner. "Oh, I work for the Urban Forestry Project and a few of the cemeteries have hired us for tree work." By the way Rebecca asked, Mable was sure she was an 'indoor' woman. "Have you ever been to this cemetery? There are beautiful gardens here and some really old stones."

R
    Rebecca Simmons

Rebecca was sure she had introduced herself, but she could have been mistaken. With a friendly smile she took the woman's hand and shook it. "I've been wanting to meet you as well. I'm Rebecca Simmons." While Rebecca was generally proud of her titles she was not currently in court, or truly private for that matter, and her professional title didn't feel appropriate in the graveyard.

As Mable explained Rebecca nodded her head in understanding. "I have not heard of the Urban Forestry Project before. Is that a government or private organization?" It would certainly change the nature of the woman's connections.

"No, I have not been here before. I believe the last time I spent some time in a cemetery was when my mother and father passed, but that was quite some time ago." Pop culture may have characterized graveyards as the stomping grounds of Vampire and Zombies, but Rebecca didn't find much interest in them. Though clearly some interesting things could be found in them.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"The Urban Forestry is a governmental based project but only about 20% of the trees are on city owned land. Most of the project work is on private owned lands. I do the work around the city streets, several cemeteries, and in the various parks. Others in the group work to groom trails, do the mulching etc. They all work directly for the Public Works department and I work of Federal Grants."

"Would you care to have a look around the gardens while we talk?"

"How do you like the City?"

R
    Rebecca Simmons

"It sounds like it keeps you busy, and well informed on the make up of the city. Do you work often with city hall or the police?" Mable seemed to have her pulse on an aspect of the city few Kindred sought out, which was certainly interesting.

"Why yes, please," she said with a smile. It was always fun to have a tour guide, even if they were in a cemetery.

"I'm enjoying it a great deal so far. I have felt so welcomed by every one I've met. I really believe I can settle down and put down roots, as they say," she said with a light chuckle. The pun was clearly intended. "How long have you been in the city?"

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable gave a warm smile, "I report to the local Public Works but my actual boss is with the Federal Forestry service. I do have contacts within the various emergency systems. It comes in handy when I find a vandal that I don't have time to set straight myself." Mable gives a little chuckle, "I know my contacts are much different than my cousin's contacts. But I figure the more ground covered the better."

Mable starts to walk through the garden, "The cemetery was established in 1849 during the gold rush era. The design of it is supposed to maintain the Victorian era feel like this rose garden. It is quite interesting to see the layout of the cemetery as a whole. There is a section for the early pioneers, as well as sections for different war veterans including the Spanish-American war. And in the back down this lain is the perennial gardens."

"I am so glad everyone has been so welcoming. I know how hard it is for us to feel settled when we have to keep moving for various reasons. I myself have been here about a year I think. I don't remember for sure because time just seems to blend together for me. So, what do you do to keep yourself busy?"
    Mable had a look of interest on her face.

R
    Rebecca Simmons

"They are quite handy," she said. "I try and keep myself informed by having contacts in as many realms as I can. The police being one of them, though I have similar contacts to your cousin as well." Revealing? Possibly. But Rebecca did not hide that she was ambitious and wanted to be connected.

"I sometimes forget how much history has taken place in California. The States don't have quite the storied past that Europe does, but it does have an eventful history nonetheless." From a modern perspective it seemed like history today was far more filled with ever changing events than the past, though that could always be a failure of the past to document things as thoroughly as things were today. She did not envy Kindred of the past. She had far more advantages now than they ever did, though they did have it easier when it came to secrecy.

"I've been very grateful with how smooth the transition has been." As the Gangrel Priscus inquired into what her nights entailed of Rebecca indulged her. "I'm a Doctor by trade, specifically pharmaceutical manufacture. I spend most nights designing new formulas and creating compounds for both medicinal and recreational drugs. I find the work very fulfilling." And financially appealing. "Do you find your work fulfilling?"

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread