Ended
Watch

(1807) Cynthia and Vivian

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    V
    Vivian York

"Why thank you." Nodding appreciatively at the compliment.

"Well, I think it looks trendy and gives you a very edgy look." Whether it was the look that the Haunt was going for, would be the question.

Even though they hadn't really spoke much previously, other than in passing, Vivian felt relaxed around Cynthia. As for the curse, she Daeva tried her best to ignore it. "So I was flipping through past files that had been kept. I noticed that many of your Family had put the Ridge Motel into use. Have you heard of this place?"

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Thank you." Cynthia said with a smile as she finally relaxed. For now she did not feel like questioning her choice of hair dye.

The goths eyes widened in surprise, then she frowned slightly as she thought about it. "No, I have not. Then again I suspect there are a few things of the clans that fell through the cracks with... Alice gone." She could not recall off the top of her head how close she was to to the Senechal. "Anything I should know about it?"

V
    Vivian York

Nodding, she understood about things falling through the cracks. At least Twist was there to provide some information, but Vivian's research would provide more avenues for everyone. "Yes, you're right. I miss Alice, but understand what happened." She sighed a little, but it wasn't the time for dwelling on such things.

"At any rate..." She paused looking at the Haunt before her as her widened eyes seemed interested. "Nothing that would warrant an emergency or strange behavior. I had been digging through the books and saw that Sidor Grigoriev had previously had clan meetings there. It was in the Barrens so it seemed like the business he may have conducted, went on without anyone asking questions. Although, he was also the head of the Second Estate, so I am sure there was nothing particularly strange that ensued there."

"I thought that it may be an interesting or useful bit of information. Whilst digging through other documents, it seems to still be abandoned, yet in good standing. No one in the city have seemed to remember it exists. I've driven out that way before. I've seen a few people slow down as if they were checking to see if it was open, but obviously it isn't. So, it may get a little foot traffic from the public." A singular shrug, hoping to aide in some help to her clan. If it wasn't Cynthia's forte, it wouldn't bother her a bit.

It seemed like there was a little more information laying in the Daeva's eyes and it also seemed like she could be pressed for the information and potentially, the keys.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The sigh was noticed by the Priscus. Not normally something she was in most Kindred.

Leather clad shoulders relaxed as Cynthia listened. "Oh good. With everything happening in the city, I was worried the Unholy was paying us a visit for a moment there." She said with a small laugh.

"Thanks for bringing this to my attention. The Barrens seem to be a bit out of the way, but I might take a look around there when I have the time." She said. The goth was curious about this place now. Especially if the Sanctum was using it at some point.

"You knew this Grigoriev by any chance?" She asked. "And do these documents mention anything about current ownership? I get the feeling that might be an issue down the road."

V
    Vivian York

Her hands went up slightly. "Oh no no. No cause for worry. Like I said, I just happened across it in the books and thought I should let you know."

Vivian shook her head. "No, I did not know this Grigoriev. I did read that he helped to take down someone with very low humanity that was causing some very unspeakable acts. However, I think the motel just became property of the past Prince when he left. So now, as I like to say, it's a 'Domain' property up for grabs." Her hand flitted to the side. "I don't think Ownership would be an issue at all. I am buying the Lily, which was owned by a past Daeva and before the was the property of the Lords. Since many of these places were modeled for Kindred, at least we'd have Daystar protection if something came about while visiting."

"I realize the Barrens are far out. Yet, if our current Prince sends anyone there, you could collect some Boons to let them stay." The Daeva grinned with a wink. She was uncertain if this was how Cynthia's mind worked, but, it could help out the Haunts. Considering some of the new people who came in recently, it could start to become a thing...

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Cynthia nodded to her. "Well, congratulations on your acquisition. Might need to check out the Lilly one of these nights as well." She had never heard of the place, but it could be interesting. "I suppose I should grab it while I can. Places that don't need extensive remodelling are hard to come by."

She paused as she thought about it. "Hm. Never though about charging Rent." The Priscus mused. A few possibilities stated to loom in her mind, even if it came across as opportunistic. Though she ignored them in favour of the present. "Speaking of boons. I'm guessing you want something in return? Sorry, I'm just not used to generosity."

V
    Vivian York

A slow nod of thank you bobbed from Vivian's head. "I had the privilege of going there a few times when I first arrived. Then the previous owner left the Domain and I have missed it ever since. Although, it had many patrons there who enjoyed smoking. So I think I will reopen it as the Lily for now and then rename it soon there after." From the tone of her voice, she'd already settled on a name.

"And you're correct about remodeling. I may make a few changes, but not many. A small motel with little to no remodeling needed is difficult to come by. After watching Bates Motel on television lately, it appears to be quite the endeavor." Furrowing her brow just imagining the renovating that place had needed.

The Daeva hadn't really considered charging a Boon for this information. As appealing as it was, she shook her head. "It's really not necessary. I have a feeling I will find a lot of information that should be distributed to everyone. So, for this I don't think there's a need for a Boon." Besides, it didn't really benefit her to do so.

"But, if you would like to teach me how to disguise the Power of Blood, instead of a Boon I would like that as well." Throwing it out there with a slight shrug of her shoulders. If the Priscus of Haunts didn't want to teach her, it was really no bother to the Daeva.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Hm. Could open it under the new name right away. Brand it as "under new management" and make a party out of it." Cynthia suggested with a shrug. It did not sound like she was pushing it very hard. "More people to show up and hopefully fewer smokes floating around the establishment." More blood willingly walking in. A hint of something stirring within. Another thing the Priscus would need to fix after court.

A slight smirk formed. "Sunlight proofing a van is hard enough. Hopefully nothing has been done about the modifications to the place since it changed hands." Her expression changed to confusion as she tilted her head. "...Can't say I've heard of that show before. Name sounds familiar." Was it a Psycho reference?

Thankfully that smile returned. "Ah I see. Thank you." Experience had taught her most Kindred demand a kings ransom for even a few words. Another thing refreshing about this Domain. Eyebrows furrowed as she thought hard on that request. Black fingernails drummed against her knee. "Hm... Yes, I could teach you. You have have any knowledge of the Discipline? It will take a bit more work to learn the Mask if you don't, though its entirely doable."

V
    Vivian York

The Daeva nodded while tilting her head. "Ah, very interesting method. I will have to consider it. It will still be a smoking establishment, there's quite a bit of money in cigars." Which she didn't know until she'd done recent research.

Vivian shook her head. "No, I don't think anything was changed since it was modified. Since that was the only owner and then sort of pushed into the back of the books, I think you may be safe with all of that. Check it first of course."

Her finger went up in the air briefly. "Norman Bates? He and his mother ran the Bates Motel. The show is based on the movie Psycho and the countless sequels it had. The television series isn't too bad. Interesting to watch in the background while doing other things." Like studying up on bar keeping, cigars and delving into the business aspect of the nightlife.

Her eyes widened in surprise. She didn't expect Cynthia to agree, but her smile couldn't be contained. "Oh that is wonderful. I've never been personally taught the details. I've only heard that it suppresses some things and in other ways, it can be useful when finding out minor information about some other things. The details I've gathered are vague, but I would be grateful to learn them. "

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Cynthia nodded. "I see. Sorry, most kindred I meet don't seem to be fans of cigarettes. Something about lighters and matches." She added with a slight smirk.

"Ah. I remember seeing the original once. And that remake a few years back." She grimaced at the thought of it. "A waste of time honestly. I might take a look one of these nights."

A look of confusion appeared for a moment, the pink mass of hair covering an eye as her head tilted to the side. "Not really. Its helpful if you get creative with it though. The powers of Obfuscate are mostly about hiding and concealing." The goth explained with a shrug. "Keeping the Beast hidden is gonna be trickier than making a cassette or some lipstick vanish." The smirk reappeared as she recalled the search several nights back.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 12

You do not have permission to view the list of names.