Ended
Watch

(July 2018) Meeting of the Succubi

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    V
    Vivian York

The Daeva meeting was announced, and of course, the Priscus had an idea what she was going to add to the meeting. Not everyone was Invictus, but there may have been some common ground, whether they liked it or not.

The Conference room on the opposite side of the Seneschal’s office had nothing in it but bookcases, chairs, table and side large buffet table. The old decor had been removed and it was freshly repainted to a muted white color. For tonight, there would be temporary works mixed around the large conference room. On one wall, there was an underwater painting, another on the adjacent corner hung a similar, yet different artist’s work. On the opposite side of the room, a very retro looking painting was there, followed by a very brightly colored work. There was a final painting, hung at shoulder level, it seemed to be very heavy, but beautiful nonetheless.

On the conference room table items were spread out upon it, laid atop a table runner. A pair of gold boots, sat in the middle and on each side, spaced out neatly, a small bobble was on one side, the other, mounted on a stand. Hanging on an ornate hanger, was a jersey. Below and off to the side, two larger pieces that looked very heavy were placed to as an accent, or so that it wasn't lonely.

Vivian was not in the room as of yet, but currently in her office with the door cracked to hear as the Family came in.

J
    John Davis

Davis received the invitation. Another call by another Invictus, albeit a family gathering. Being what it was, he chose to dress in his finest suit, well second finest.

Descending the steps down to Elysium, he passes the coatroom. He had nothing to declare tonight, the deadliest weapon among the Daeva were words, barbed as they were to strip status and rend flesh. He had seen first hand the power behind certain Daeva words. He had seen his sire rend flesh with a sentence.

Davis entered the conference room and surveyed the decorations. Of all the modern mess called art, one piece among the collection sat center and drew his full attention. Gold Boots.

Davis bypassed everything and focused his attention on them. He picked one up to feel its weight, its texture, its authenticity. How much are they worth? And what will it take to make them mine?

Striking Looks
    (Enticing Vixen)
    Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

H: 5'8"
    Misc: speaks with a light French accent

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Nox was teeming with life eager to indulge in the night. Tonight, however, was to be a Family affair. Clara took the steps into Elysium with a nod to the ghouls checking for weapons and walked to the conference room in a lace short skirt dress with a delicate dovetail the glided behind her footsteps. Clara usually made it a point to avoid black. The why was simple: whenever she did wear it, it projected a statement.

John already had a golden boot in hand when Clara clicked her heels together at the doorway. "Colonel Davis," she said with a dip of her head that allowed her bangs to briefly curtain her features. She tucked her hair back behind one ear on reflex and stepped into the room. "Did you contribute those to the conference? I'm sure Seneschal York would be delighted to find such a surprise." Her smile was small and sharp, like most expressions in Court. Manners dictated that she had to make her way here as early as possible, so it was a small but curious surprise finding John alone in the conference room.

4. Likes JonReeves liked this post
    L
    Lina Moretti

The little Grand Wyrm of the Ordo Dracul made her way in next, moving comfortably on short heels. Dressed conservatively in a teal lace sheath dress that did little to hide the athletic toning of her musculature, she found her way down through the vital first floor and down into the private area where the things that went bump in the night played.

"Hey," Moretti said with a nod to Verne and Davis as she entered the room. Glancing to the art dispassionately, she found her way to the first seat just to the left hand of the head of the table and leaned her weight on the back of it with her hands.

"How you guys doing tonight?"

Armed with nothing more than her wits and a small clutch, the private eye awaited the arrival of the the Priscus and the Royal Archon.

V
    Vivian York

Vivian had been wrapping up some paperwork, and finishing the notes she had for the meeting tonight. She came out of the office and walked across the hall, already hearing voices. The Daeva was wearing a simple red dress, fashioned with long red matching opera gloves. It may in fact have looked like she was ready to attend a more formal affair than the meeting, but she'd been dying to wear the dress for a long time.

Upon entering the conference room, Vivian spotted the Davis person holding one of the gold boots. Her eyes narrowed and her Beast was harder to contain than usual. She straightened her dress a little more, and proceeded further into the room.

With a near sparkle in her voice, she was happy to see the Family had arrived, save for one, who was probably at her Theatre before coming over to the Nox. "Good evening everyone. While we are waiting for Archon Twist , how is everyone doing on this fair night?"

Turning slightly and slowly to Davis, she spoke. "Would you kindly put the boot back where you found it?" Her voice was pleasant but firm. None of them knew the story behind each piece, so she wasn't about to completely flip out, even if she wanted to; besides, it was the Elysia.

Note, Vivian is BP4 now

J
    John Davis

As the Priscus entered, Davis responded to Clara's question. "Sorry no, I did not. Just admiring them for their luster."

Responding to both Lina and Vivian's question. "Uneventful."

At the Priscus's command (no demand, as the pressing of her beast, threatened to make him run), Davis responds, "Oh, forgive me, like a moth to a flame, I seem to be drawn toward them. Here let me make it right and put it back." Davis adjusts it and readjusts it. "There right as rain, just as I found it."

The urge to make the thing disappear was great but now would not be the inappropriate time.

Striking Looks
    (Enticing Vixen)
    Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

H: 5'8"
    Misc: speaks with a light French accent

+1
    SL
    PRE

Clara gave a sidelong glance to the Daeva Dragon. "Wishing for a little fall of rain, cousin." She paused. First, to steel herself from the arrival of the predator. Second, to punctuate the following compliment with a smirk: "Cute dress." In two quick steps she glided to one side of the room by the painting of the woman and curtsied with a dip of her head at York's entrance. Her feet moved before she thought it. For a moment Clara thought it the Prince, but a quick glance at the door revealed Vivian as the new murderous presence.

"Seneschal York," Clara said as she rose from her curtsy and met her gaze. "Just hopeful for a heavy downpour." It's the little things you don't think about when you move somewhere new. She spoke lightly as she regarded the decor of the room, "Is this your debut as an artist, Seneschal York?" Clara's words took a dulcet tone as she settled herself into the numbing dissonance of civility and urge to dominate her fellow Family members.

L
    Lina Moretti

"You too," Lina said, smiling at Clara's compliment as she visually tracked the shiny boot. Davis seemed quiet - nay, cautious - and that was fine by her. The sheer power of the being that came in after them caused Lina's jaw to set and for her to begin the focusing exercise that would lead her through the metaphysical lines of the Coil that shackled her Beast for good. A familiar exercise, she was able to get herself under control without it - Vivian York was familiar, yet powerful.

"Can't complain, ma'am. I'm definitely curious about the boot." She gave a little chinjut at the art, a masculine gesture in a room that seemed dedicated to the feminine.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Tonight it was family that gathered. Not covenant. Not city. Family.

And so there was a certain thrill that thrummed through her as she picked an outfit. So many choices, ways to go, statements to make. It had been more nights than she cared to think since last there had been cause to gather Sacramento's Succubi.

Eventually settling on an outfit, she made her way through the town and the club. Though the last part took a fair bit of effort, despite the coat that would be eventually dropped off at the check.

And it was a good thing that she for once had something to check. Beyond she could see, could feel, her cousins gathered. Their combined presence a seething threat that didn't diminish as she entered the room.

And Vivian... it was no small feat to stand out from the crowd in the room, and yet the Seneschal of Sacramento achieved the feat.

Her lips curled up in a smile as she joined her family, "I do hope that I haven't kept anyone waiting," she intoned in greeting. As she joined, she let her eyes wander, taking in the visuals of art, of body and face, and of course of dress.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

11. Likes liked this post
    V
    Vivian York

"Yes, it is getting very dry out there isn't it." Shaking her head. "We really do not need any sort of wild fires creeping up here." Even the word Fire for any Vampire could send a chill down to their cold, dead hearts. One didn't need to be a Shadow to cringe at the thought.

"Of course not Your Grace, we hadn't started yet." Nodding to the two seats adjacent each other for herself and Twist. Vivian took a seat at the head of the table, despite her cousin outranked her everywhere else in the Domain.

Even though Davis had put the boot back, Vivian's eyes rested on him long enough that she had made her point. Her eyes first shifted to Lina, as she answered the question, then to each person in the room as she pleasantly shared. "The boots belonged to David Bowie from his first stop in Toronto on the Glass Spider Tour in 1987. This pair were donated to a children's charity auction that I had my Ghoul snatch up for me. He donated them because he had still been awaiting for another pair to receive wings to match an angel drop that he does in the tour." It was evident in her voice that those were a very treasured possession of hers that she brought, not to brag, to share a little of herself with the Family.

"Very good question Miss Verne. Sadly, I do not have the talent of the works of art that appear around here. These are a few items in my collection that I thought would give you a bit of insight to me. There are some items in my collection that are not here." It would go without saying that those were far more expensive. "But, I've grown fond of pop culture in the past few decades and I'm glad I was able to pick some up before they began going up in price. Freddie Mercury's Leaf's jersey was recently asked about in some vintage sites. It has been tempting to sell, but I don't think I could part with it. "

"Because this is a Family event, I thought we could tell a little more about ourselves to each other. I decided to start with a wide array of myself to you all."

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 29

You do not have permission to view the list of names.