(On the Hunt) Bar Hopping

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

A summer night in Sacramento.

The night is balmy under a wide vault of rich midnight blue. The heat leaching from the sun baked sidewalk lends the night a pleasant feel. Without the winter cold and its oppressive blackness, the short hours of darkness do not carry that cutting sense of isolation.

There is no existential gloom, only a period measured in hours, in which the sun does not shine. Rather than being driven inward and stagnant, as in winter, the night seems quietly energised and full of life.

The cool air is a playful tease.

North Sacramento awaits!

@Twist deltadream @Lina Lokio your night's hunt begins here.

L
    Lina Moretti

Lina parks her car and waits at the rendezvous for the Archon. Smirking to herself as she puts the last little bit of crazy-party-girl red lipstick on (carefully, for mirrors are of little use), the private eye is dressed to kill. Ronnie G caters to a specific type; Lina's all there, a little alt, a little grungy, whatever fits with whatever this boy is up to. Her hair is wavy-wild, and she has played up her attributes. It isn't about being deliberately hot. It's about fitting the mold of the bar that had been revealed.

Moretti has called on a friend in the underside to do something real simple. Make the introduction smooth. Get her in. Don't fuck her over, just call her Crystal and get her and her plus-one into where the party is real smooth-like. Make it easy. Her new boy Vito needed a little something looked up, and she took care of it. Now for something small in return. The connection wasn't hard, just bounce over from ol' Tony. Ol' Tony knows everyone. A few drinks, a few laughs, get-to-know-you - everyone is suspicious of private eyes, until one needs one. And when you've got a PI who can help when shit's hard, you make sure they're happy and they'll do you the same favor.

That was just the way the world worked. But could Vito come through? And why did everyone Ol' Tony knew have stereotypical Italian names?

Her outfit made two concessions to function; flats, and her small combat knife, concealed on the inside of her right thigh for a downward draw, under the miniskirt. Body armor wasn't going to work out, not if shit got a little close, not if shit got a little Daeva. Cell phone in her little purse and car nearby with the heavier gear, Lina waited for the word from Vito and for Twist to show up.

1 sux to Allies use to make a real smooth entry into Ronnie so we've got a valid in; 2 sux to make-up/disguise, 1 sux to add to blood pool
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-07-14 01:23:55 Lina Moretti rolls 5 to Feed (Str+Sub) (10 Again) 2, 1, 9, 5, 4 1 success
    2018-07-14 01:15:53 Lina Moretti rolls 7 to Manipulation + Persuasion + Allies (Criminals) (10 Again) 1, 8, 5, 3, 1, 2, 6 1 success
    2018-07-14 01:12:53 Lina Moretti rolls 5 to Make-Up! (Dex + Subterfuge) (10 Again) 2, 10, 1, 8, 4, 6 2 successes

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Deliberately waiting till it was too late to dress appropriately, Twist threw together an outfit. The quick and dirty, loose hair look was thus achieved naturally. The bold print accent of her outfit could be taken any way, which she felt would be perfect for the scene she and Lina would be walking into.

Bonus point: the looser fabric made the concealment of her knives almost too easy.

Ahead she could see the slight form of Lina. At this distance an attractive slimness that Twist knew would bleed into 'fit' as she approached. Which she did, purposely scuffling her feet to make her presence known to the other woman.

Leaving her knives where they lay against her skin, despite her Beast's cry, she lifted a hand when it seemed Lina had noticed her. "I do believe I owe you a drink for having kept you waiting..." she greets.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

L
    Lina Moretti

The scuffle of feet caught Moretti's attention, and Lina turned, flashing the mighty Daeva a smile. It was easy to be around Twist; her masking of the monster within made her automatically more pleasant to be around than most Licks.

"All good," she said, smiling and moving close. In a mutter, she said, "I'm Crystal, a university student from LA majoring in bullshit sociology because I am on an athletics scholarship, but I am just sooo down to fuck up my life on the drugs if it's fun because I am popping from the stress, right?"

She chuckled.

"Hoooopefully, a friend of mine who owes me a favor is going to introduce us and smooth our way into the right social circle. He probably thinks I am working a PI case, and that is just fine by me."

A wicked smile.

"Who are you tonight? And how did we meet?"

Have the story in place, so if they had to lie, they were lying in the right direction.

Good to proceed after Twist's cover story is known. Feel free to move us in the direction of the bar in your post if you would like DD!

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist grinned and nodded in understanding of the story set up. Well, most of it.

"Pleasure to meet you Crystal. I'm Myah." She pauses, considering the next bit. There was no way she could pull off being a University student. Even if she tried to be the flunkie of the class.

"Fuck up your life on drugs you say? I think it is believable that we would have meet in that aspect. Say a party or a club. You're attractive and I'm interested in seeing what adventures you can take me on." Twist grins, waiting to see if the story earns Lina's approval.

L
    Lina Moretti

Lina gave her a bright thumbs up!

@Yumyumcrow, you're good to proceed

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

They drive to North Sacramento.

The houses and buildings grow smaller and the land inclines slowly downward. They pass small strip malls and abandoned lots. Huddles congregate on street corners. Here and there, busted lights throw yawing chasms of shadow. At one point they cross over deep drainage channels that vanish underground - part of the flood mitigation network on the city's northern side.

Ronnie G holds court in a small bar squeezed into a space on a strip mall that has seen better days. There is an ethnic eatery; a tiny convenience store; a laundrette; and the bar. Surrounding the mall is the ruined spectacle of an almost empty parking lot. Ragged paintwork hints at battles with graffiti artists, lost and won.

An ugly mark that might, in some wannabe artist's eyes, be a candle remains garishly prominent by the bar's grotty entrance.

The bar is just as grotty within: low ceilinged, bare brick and exceptionally dull furniture. Alcohol stains the air and the floor. The lighting is garishly bad and a flat screen that is too small (and cracked besides) runs through a show from a sports network to an almost vacant room.

A hairy barkeep busies himself cleaning the day's glasses. In front of him is a worn woman in a revealing jacket; lacquered nails gleam polished and artificial on her hands. She is making a play of watching the flat screen but really she is waiting on someone.

Ronnie G sits in a corner near a door labeled "STAFF". At his side two men in gang colours play chess at an adjoining table. Opposite him is a gaunt looking mulatto man in urban camouflage gear. He and Ronnie G are deep in conversation.

L
    Lina Moretti

Lina recognized places like this. A cold, shitty kind of bar, the kind of bar that crazies and shady folks would frequent. As she let Vitae flush her body with warmth and came through the door, she clocked the fellows, the ladies, the bartender - and lit up with a smile, like the life of the party. Sliding up to the bar. Ordering shots (tequila, of course!)

"So anyway, this guy gets sooo drunk and totally just... like, he's acting like he's a stud or whatever, and I mean, he'd hooked me up with the good stufd, so I figure, why not? So finally, taxi gets us there... and he just... passes out. Doesn't perform at all. That's disappointment, you know? Or maybe he did me a favor...?"

She's not talking too loud. Not trying deliberately to draw everybody too hard, but she gets things started, gets them belonging.

All the while, Lina is listening. Heightened senses, taking it all in. Listening for what Ronnie was saying. For what was going in in the back. The drinking was just the start, to establish that they belonged.

-1V for Blush of Life. -1V to consume drink.

2 sux to carouse and belong, success on listening in with trained observer and heightened senses
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-07-20 23:15:12 Lina Moretti rolls 6 to Carouse (Manipulation + Socialize + SL + Social Chameleon, capped at Humanity) (10 Again) 7, 7, 3, 7, 10, 10, 1, 2 2 successes
    2018-07-20 23:13:46 Lina Moretti rolls 5 to Listening In (Wits + Composure, Trained Observer) (10 Again) 3, 1, 7, 3, 9 1 success

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

(Blush, Imbibe)Vitae 2 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A last minute run of fingers through hair, tousled had to be maintained after all and Twist stepped up to the bar just behind Lina. Her eye caught the candle mark, and reaching out she let the tip of a finger run along the lines for a brief moment.

Hadn't there been mention of marks at the other locations? Different yes, she recalled the rough sketches. But picture marks were as old as sex. Even she knew that. A language for those who knew it.

She seemed unfazed by the bar's appearance. She noted it yes, but this wasn't her first time in such a place. Everyone had to start somewhere after all. And in order to keep up appearances... she grinned as she let her blood flow.

"A favor. Definitely a favor," Twist states with confidence as she lifts two fingers toward the bartender in a signal to make Lina's order two shots.

Activate Blush and Imbibe

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Shots are presented to the two Kindred. The hairy barkeep makes an appreciative grunt, no doubt enjoying the spectacle of the apparently young women in his bar. The other patron turns round once, sniffs, and resumes her mindless viewing. Seems like it is that kind of bar...

Lina will take several moments to tune out the ambient sounds of the bar (and there is definitely something going on above, heavily muffled through the ceiling).

Ronnie G and Pico are speaking in hushed tones as they conclude their business. Ronnie G slides a USB stick across the table and Pico effortlessly swipes it. Pico is much relieved that Ronnie G's influence has opened doors and done a lot of legwork that would have taken up too much time. The mulatto is only disappointed that he cannot help Ronnie that much -

Culpepper is missing. So is his patient from the Bushwhakers.

Ronnie G is sad but perfectly happy with Pico's work - the Bushwhakers seem to be crippled and splitting up now that the big threat is gone. So much the better - Pico agrees that the band was 'nuts'.

They touch upon the Tribulation Militia - has Pico ever worked with them? No.

They clasp like rogues clinching a deal and Pico makes to leave (and will do so unless stopped). He throws an appreciative glance at the pair of Kindred as he passes them by.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread