Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

View Poll Results: What edition of Mage Armor?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Let's convert so that all Mage Armor is 2nd Edition.

7 70.00%
  • Let's not complicate things and only use 1st edition, RAW mage armor.

3 30.00%

Former ST Rollup

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last

0 Scenes

Likewise.

An Arrow would always be down for that. Though both sound interesting. I may lean a lil towards AI, but I think the other option could be interesting as well.

0 Scenes

If ya want a Banshee to wail all over either or, I can and will throw a Banshee into the ring.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

Gosh darn it!

Why not combine them all? An Emergent AI at the Ballet? With the Scelesti?

5. Likes , Kelreth, deltadream liked this post

Twist

Hound, Lady Viscount, Invictus
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks •• (Alluring)
    Public Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Sand

Striking Looks •• (Curvy)

Plot and story sound fun!

Not versed enough to say which would be more enjoyable so I'll do the cheat and say either.

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

Yumyumcrow has a good point

Well, the Scelesti is included in either option!

Hello everyone!

Mage Armor is a lot of fun...when you cast it! However, I find it to be incredibly boring! Why? Well, because it is Armor. In World of Darkness, there is nothing you can do against armor, it just removes dice. In other words, it reduces the chances of something actually happening. This is not good, storywise! However, with the 2nd Edition Mage Armors, each arcana has a unique version of mage armor that has its own special effect, which makes it more of a tactical choice than just "oh, I have more dots in this, so I will only use this". Additionally, it allows for your more NPC tactics, as not all armors do the same thing.

That said, I would like us to have a vote.

Should we:

1. Convert so that all Mage Armor is 2e.
    2. Only use 1e armor.

Now, some of you might be wondering "why can't we just keep it as Players Choice and have both options?" A great question, and the answer is, because it makes things incredibly confusing for the person running the stories. If I have 4-7 people in a thread, having to pause and be like "wait, is Kel using 1e? Ok, but Benji is using 2e, what about Jonjon?" It's a total headache.

So! Let's do one or the other.

Please vote and don't be afraid to also comment with our opinions!

Here is a Wiki link to the page about Mage Armor: http://nwod.org/wiki/index.php/Mage_Armor

0 Scenes

The nerf on Forces armor is sensible (doesn't apply to firearms, plus the damage absorption vs fire and electrical can be obviated by the respective 2dot spells, which rules on stacking would make largely useless). Prime armor is good if we can keep Prime's magic shield.

Life is good, the boost to melee is offset by the weakness at range, it has plenty of goodies going for it. Space and Mind are kind of great too and I can see some unintended consequencesw, Fate is good and it works against firearms so the penalty is not that steep.
    Spirit is sucky.
    I don't know, it could be fun, but I don't know how 2e mechanics with 1e damage rules would work.

There are a lot of mechanics that change in 2e and the Armor is balanced towards that, not 1e. Weapons doing auto-damage is a big one.

Honestly think it would be best to stick to 1e and just run 2e down the road.

Page 3 of 8 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... Last
Closed Thread