Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(Mystic Rivers) Arrivals

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

A lone bus rolled up to the Arrivals section of Sacramento Airport early in the evening. Few had actually taken it this night and the few that did were quick to leave. A single figure clad in a Leather jacket and jeans stepped off and felt the door snap shut behind it. Cynthia Weiss was pretty sure she caught the driver clasping his hand over his mouth the moment she walked by. The Nosferatu rolled her eyes before she started to scan the Area, hand holding on tight to the backpack slung over her shoulder.

Where are you Taft... She wondered. The Mekhet Priscus's message was timely. It was also suspicious. Did her inquiries somehow tip him off through some unknown acquaintance? Shadows were good at inspiring paranoia as well as her clan.

Gear: Smartphone (On silent), Knuckledusters, Backpack. Leather Jacket (Thick clothing). Lawrence Taft

2. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

(Blush of Life)Vitae 1 Spent
    PRE

Some moments later, a balding man in a navy blue windbreaker steps out of the terminal and walks towards the drop off for the bus. His stride is neither hurried nor leisurely; it is simply a walk with purpose. Taft is looking forward to how the Haunt will react to his information. How she will use this information. Anything is possible, seeing as how she's all but untested in his eyes. He would find out, soon.

"Ms. Weiss." he announces, quietly, as he spots her. "Thank you for taking the time to see me. Shall we walk?"He glances around, emphasizing the unspoken point that there were prying eyes and ears.

Taft is carrying his smartphone and concealing his dagger under his windbreaker.
    Health | Willpower | Vitae

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The accursed smell that followed the gothic priscus around seemed to surround and swallow taft the moment her head spun towards him. The Beast already started to growl. Weak compared to if she met him for the first time, but always there. Always present. It did not take her long to shut those feelings down.

"Its no trouble Taft." Cynthia said as she moved to catch up with him. She followed him for a while, waiting until there were fewer people around to hear. "So. Whats this about exactly?" She asked.

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

Though he, thankfully, cannot sense the Beast of the Haunt, her curse is felt. Or smelled, rather. He finds himself ruing the decision to blend in and read a paper while he waited. Though only a very wrinkling of his nose gives any indication he notices.

"As it happens, I've discovered some unusual activity in this area. A group of individuals with, let's say... unusual motivations. Does the moniker "Mad" Albert Temple ring a bell? He, himself, is quite deceased. But this hasn't effected his reputation. Apparently."

The Shadow takes calm, even strides as he walks along with her. His voice is low - easily picked up in close proximity, but not projecting much further out. An extra precaution on top of being purposefully obtuse about his findings.

"His remains have been uncovered, which these individuals seem to value." he continues. "I had thought, perhaps, you and I could investigate further."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The goth thought on it for a moment, combing through her memory for literally anything she might know.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-07-19 09:41:10 Cynthia Weiss rolls 5 to "Mad" Albert Temple? (Intelligence+Occult) (10 Again) 10, 4, 7, 6, 5, 9 2 successes

"The name rings a bell, along with a few details." Cynthia finally said in a low tone as she started to recall a few details. She doubted how much of it was actually reliable. "Lost his head...In more ways than one." She added in pure deadpan. Someone it seemed had recovered his remains. Collecting occultist remains was odd, but something she knew people weirder than her did.

"Well that does sound interesting." She admitted to the man beside her. "Though I am curious why I was first on your list to join in on this party."

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Cynthia recalls some facts about "Mad" Albert Temple. Soldier and occultist who rose to prominence in the years immediately after World War 2. Settled in, or near, Sacramento with a cadre of followers - in the house of serious occultists from the previous generation, no less. Temple's little cult did not last long. Cynthia recalls a few details of their demise - how internal squabbles and power struggles resulted in the lurid murder of Temple at the hands of his own subordinates. Curiously, the estate in which he resided is close by.

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

"Please, do share." he says, taking interest in her declaration.

Taft nods a slight, repeating nod. As if reassuring himself of his own answer. "Your lack of involvement in politics, for one." The next bit he adds quite bluntly. "And to see how you handle yourself. I won't reduce any of our esteemed colleagues to a simple tool - yourself included - but I take interest in knowing others' strengths." And weaknesses.

"What of yourself? You didn't have to agree. Why did you lend yourself to this 'cause', presented to you by a man who's practically a stranger?"

9. Bump Yumyumcrow "Bump" this post

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Since you called me here about Temple, likely nothing you don't already know." Cynthia said with a shrug. Those of clan Mekhet seemed to know everything. Or at least act like it. "Soldier from World War 2, started a cult somewhere with some more serious academics of the strange. Didn't have a really strong grip on his followers before power struggles in his little following ended him." She said, giving the man an abridged version of what she could remember. "Place shouldn't be far off from here now that I think about it."

She gave Taft a sidelong glance before chuckling. "Ah Wunderbar. And here I was worried you wanted to use me as the proverbial canary in the coal mine." The goth said with a smile. Although how much of was a joke was hard to say. "I'll try not to disappoint you."

The Priscus thought about an answer. "Curiosity mostly. Not every night someone needs my assistance for something. Plus I have been meaning to correct that 'practically a stranger' part, even if this is not how I pictured doing that." She explained. There seemed to be more, but she did not seem quick to divulge it. At least not yet.

"I'm guessing you want to head over there now?"

11. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

Taft hadn't known this. But he needn't reveal as much to Weiss. He simply nods along with her explaination in silence.

The Haunt's joke gets a contained smile from the Shadow. He couldn't tell how serious she had been. He decides an equally vague response would be appropriate. "I don't believe you will."

"This would not be the first time I've gotten such an explanation. It's somewhat flattering to know so many wish to unravel the enigma that is Lawrence Taft." He smiles again, making it seem like he mocked the very words that left his mouth. "But I can assure you there isn't much to know that I am unwilling to share. Everyone has their secrets - myself included - but I find I get the best results by being straightforward. So please, ask any questions you have while we walk."

Taft nods again. "That would be productive. We can learn a great deal from his previous whereabouts, if you happen to know of them."

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

They walked into the night.

Once outside of the airport precinct the land turned open and empty. Long roads, lit sparingly. Definitely not meant for walking out at night.

They could tell that they were in the Barrens.

At least the quiet ambience was peaceful: no implicit threat hung in the air - it was just empty, undeveloped, space on the edge of the city.

A series of lights told them where they were going: an old storage facility turned into an encampment.

14. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread