Ended
Watch

Second-Hand Shopping Spree

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    J
    Jason Devereux

Jason bows his head again towards Circe, "As you wish, your majesty."Jason listens to Ingrid question, taking in her apparent interest. It would be nice to find another member of the Lost who remembered that Arcadia was as beautiful as it was horrible, as full of wonder as it was terror. There's so much potential in the powers they gave us, so much possibility to take our suffering and turn it to good. These powers are ours by right, we paid the price for them with our slavery. It behooves us to understand them as thoroughly as possible, if only so we can put them to best use.

He mulls over the wording for a moment before speaking, "I'm fascinated by them, for all the danger they represent. My family was expecting me to study abroad from birth, as it's something of a family tradition. They made sure I was as prepared as possible for my trip, and I quite enjoyed the opportunity to study when I wasn't required to take on chores to fulfill our end of the agreement. My memory isn't perfect, but I remember much of what I learned while I was there. And while I probably flatter myself to think I am possessed of some small talent for them, I hope to one day find myself counted among the Viziers. Am I to understand you make a study of them as well? It would be nice to have someone to discuss matter with."

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe pouted at the lack of response from Ingrid. She also didn't much like the talk of Arcadia but few did. One thing had her confused. Not only did it get her usual quizzical look of raised right eyebrow and ear, but it actually got the elf to scratch the side of her head in confusion.

Circe just had to ask, "Viziers? Ain't that the untrustworthy guys that are always tryin' ta kill a king and take the crown in like, every single story that HAS a vizier? No offense but the two of ya don't look like world conqueror material."
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

3. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    J
    Jason Devereux

Jason's head sways gently left and right at Circe's question, "Well, yes and no. The word itself actually means 'bearer of burdens', give or take. It comes from Persian, if memory serves. But it's a title traditionally given to middle eastern advisers. In this case I'm referring to the Office of Vizieral Counsel. It's an entitlement consisting of skilled sorcerer sages, bound by oath to advise and protect the monarch of a Freehold, usually in regard to matters of Fae concern. The role requires a sound grounding in both matters occult and political theory, as well a a well rounded knowledge of Contracts, and prodigious strength with the Wyrd." Jason's hand comes up to rub at the back of his neck, a self conscious chuckle slipping out, "I'm still a long way off being worthy of the title, but I'm trying to fill the role as best I can with what little I can do. Before I came here I was actually apprenticed to a Vizier, as it happens. The Autumn Lady Emielle Devereux of Lorient."

He pauses for a second, a soft smile gracing his features, but after a second he shakes off his reverie and continues, "But the title actually forbids a Vizier from accepting the crown of a Freehold. Doing so violates the oath that bestows the title, usually with... unfortunate results." He grimaces, remembering the cautionary tale Lady Emielle had told him of the Night of the Winter Witch, "That's not to say they can't wield a fair amount of soft power, but their authority is rarely formal. Anyway, there's no need for concern, I don't have any plans for domination, world or otherwise." He accompanies his assertion with a reassuring smile, "But my desire to join the Viziers is why I make a point of offering the Freehold free access to my knowledge and skills. Eventually the Monarchs of the freehold will have them by right of oath, so there's no point in hoarding my resources, when sharing them freely will build a trust and respect that I may one day need to call upon in the line of my duties."

0 Scenes

"Hey what's that? Like you guys do Ren-fairs? or like Cosplays?" a eager seeming women asks, mundane in feature. Shadow the same. "Like, is it from a book?" she blinks up at them with eager eyes. "I'd wanna rea-" she's cut off as a voice calls for 'Emily'. She offers the gathered men and women a wave and a smile before leaving.

Hey guys, you are all in public. Please keep the boldly spoken truth to a minimum. We have and use Freehold Slang for a reason.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe tensed up as the mortal was lured in and sighed when she left, "That was close," then she turns to glare at Jason, "And dude, this is why the club has its own lingo. We don't use anything but club speak when in public. Ya are gonna need ta learn it. And no more slip ups. If ya ain't gonna say the word in front of a norman crowd, ya don't say it in public." She walks up to Jason and looks him in the eye as the isle suddenly gets much warmer from her Mantle, "Ya capisce?"

She will back off is he does.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Striking Looks 2 "Ethereal"
    Retainer
    (Angus (ensorcelled mortal))
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ingrid graced the mundane with a beautiful grin and a little wave. When she turned her gaze back to her fellows she was frowning.

"Agreed," she said with a sigh.

"We are going to have such a wonderful time together. We should do coffee sometime. I know some very discreet coffee places where we can talk shop," she added to Jason.

The Darkling tried to look like she was interested in the stacks but could find nothing else of interest.
    Darkling: Palewraith |Spring Mantle 3 (Heady scent of plums)
    WYRD 3| Health: 7| Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7| Striking Looks 2: "Ethereal"

J
    Jason Devereux

First came the shock, jolting across his skin like molten iron, to drain and coil in his gut. She's a queen, to threaten a member of the court in public before another is...

Second came the fury, lancing down his spine cold and sharp, How very dare she? How dare this lowborn urchin dare to lift a hand against one of the highborn...

Third came the pride, heady as the first taste of fine wine, We shall see where her rage lands her when she is in need of counsel...

And finally, silencing all other thoughts like all other thoughts like thunder from the mountain, in the voice unpleasantly reminiscent of his mother, And yet the fault was yours. For all that her display of strength undermines her point, for all that she should not have reprimanded you in front of other members of the court, for all that she lacks the social grace of one born to it, she is your queen, and the fault was yours.

His emotions cool, spooling out of him as they concede to training. He bows his head, "Yes, ma'am. It's a mistake I shan't make again."

He brings his head back up, turning to Ingrid, "I'd be delighted to discuss matters of uncommon interest." He reaches into his jacket and pulls out a pen and pad, quickly scrawling his cellphone number out and offering it to Ingird, "Here, my phone number. I've more free time than I know what to do with at present, so feel free to contact me if you feel the need for conversation."

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Excellent," the temperature drops back down to normal and the Summer Queen's tone is jovial once more. "Glad ya understand that club business is private business. I'm sure Ingrid can give ya a primer on club speak too at the same time," is spoken as she steps back to her basket of books. It was good that the new guy wasn't obstinate about it.

Though Circe did have a few great lines to counter and taunt any gentleman that decided to challenge her authority. Mostly taunting. She looked to Ingrid, "A private coffee talk? Good idea, it'd be a great chance ta teach the new guys about club rules and speak. I could even cover the costs, make it a official club event so ta speak," Circe chuckled as she came up with this idea. Though one catch came to the blue Italian beauty's mind. She looked over to Ingrid with curiosity in her voice, "Uh, where is this place?"

Striking Looks 2 "Ethereal"
    Retainer
    (Angus (ensorcelled mortal))
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh you saucy boy!" The Darkling purred as she coyly received the aspiring Eldritch courtier's number.

Still purring, she turned to Circe as the Crimson Sovereign spoke. "Garden Grounds is best if you want to run something like that. There's a couple of other out-of-the-way venues near downtown and right around the corner from the city zoo. But Garden Grounds has my recommendation if you are looking for a safe place."

She paused long enough to think.

"Well. If you want. I'm sure a refresher will do well by everyone."
    Darkling: Palewraith |Spring Mantle 3 (Heady scent of plums)
    WYRD 3| Health: 7| Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7| Striking Looks 2: "Ethereal"

11. Likes Xadun liked this post
    J
    Jason Devereux

'Saucy boy'? Does she think... oh dear. That could be a problem. Perhaps best to keep anything that could begin to resemble flirtatious to a minimum. Not that it wasn't a little flattering, but, well...

Jason shrugs, "I'd be happy to attend, especially if you plan on inviting all the new kids on the block. It'd be nice to meet the others in a calmer setting. I didn't really get a chance at the last party, it ended up getting a little raucous to have a proper chat. Not that it wasn't a pleasant evening, mind."

He chew his bottom lip for a moment, considering, before his face moves into a visage of concern, "I'm a little worried about that little fracas, to be honest. Their clique is expanding rather quickly, which gives them all the more to strive for. I'm wary of it getting out of hand. They both seem like to type to call for Swords at Dawn on a grassy knoll."

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 15

You do not have permission to view the list of names.