(Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

Yet another night in the least desirable of places. If Taft were of a different persuasion, he might have some shame about it. Seedy motels and all the stigma associated with them. But, really, why? Places like this are so damn practical.

Inexpensive. Private. Easy to access.

He's used motels like this one for so many meetings already, the mere premise of a seedy motel is synonymous with Taft's personal 'office'. He smiles to himself as he waits for his guest to arrive. If there were any witnesses before - those who may have seen a bald man inviting others into a motel room - tonight's catch certainly tops the list. How sad for the kine who only graze the surface of that little detail's purpose. Vivian is a Daeva: her purpose for existing as she does is more closely tied to how much of a 'catch' she is than they could ever realize.

Taft understands. So, prepared for anything, he waits outside of the motel room. Twirling the keys idly as he waits.
    Health | Willpower | Vitae

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

(Blush of Life)Vitae 1 Spent
    PRE

Bookkeeping - Blush of Life

V
    Vivian York

Upon discussing previously with Lawrence that she wanted to meet, she didn't entirely expect for him to invite her to a hotel. Yet, oddly enough, the Daeva didn't read into it and had zero expectations. Vivian was shocked in herself.

But the out of the way place meant two things, he didn't want to be remembered, or, he had been long plotting to kill her. Either way, it meant no matter. Vivian just wanted to talk and find out why the hell she was so drawn to him. She blamed Wooding for that, her adoration for the Mekhet was long standing.

So arriving in her blue Nova, she pulled into the parking lot. She drove up to the door where she saw Lawrence standing and waiting. She was blushed with rosy cheeks and a lively look on her face. Who knows how many Kine may use this place as well. Vivian had been torn between a sexier dress, or something more subdued. After a long debate, she met her decision in the middle. A satin tank top complimenting a thin but ruffly skirt, moderate heels and little lace gloves.

Before Vivian stepped out of the vehicle, she put down the visor to use the mirror. She pulled out a lipstick, Vixen by Revlon, and slowly put it on her lips in a quick but perfect method. She pursed them together, smiled a little for the mirror and then flipped it up. At least when blushed, she could see a perfect reflection.

Opening the door slowly, she grabbed her handbag and shut the door. She approached the Shadow in a casual manner. "So good to see you Dahling. We have much to catch up on."

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

Taft's eyes hone in on the coming and going vehicles, dismissing his gaze as he catches a glimpse of the drivers. So, naturally, when the blue Nova arrives, he hones in. When the vehicle produces the vixen in satin, he allows himself a small smile. The woman of the hour, it seems, has arrived.

He straightens himself off the doorpost and quickly, fluidly unlocks the door. He doesn't know why it's important that he does it that way. Some vestigial remnants of a man who had once been a perfectionist, maybe. Taft can't entirely recall if the memories are his own.

Not one to show so much overt enthusiasm, Taft responds to her greeting with a polite tip of his head. The line of his mouth set into a thin, neutral expression.

"Vivian. You look..." his voice halts in his throat as the familiar but potent Beast engages his own. Which can easily be played out as searching for the right words. "Dressed to the 'nines'. I hope you'll forgive me for the quality our lodgings. But, please, after you." To drive the point home, he steps away from the door's open maw and gestures for her to enter. The room beyond him is dimly lit with yellow lighting. And its clear, by the arrangement of the table and chairs, that he's decided where their conversation would take place.

Dark, unswerving eyes drink the Succubus as he waits for her to enter. He cannot deny the power her Beast commands nor the power she holds over those taken with lusts. The attention she must put into putting herself together...

V
    Vivian York

Her Beast rose up inside, and thankfully she could move it aside with a laugh at that time. "Oh rubbish." She tossed a hand away. "But thank you." The Daeva considered herself more so dressed to the sevens, but she wasn't about to argue with a compliment.

Entering through the door that the Shadow presented to her, she looked around a little. Due to being Blushed, the seedy hotel room had a certain odor that was probably threaded in to every corner of each room. There was nothing he could have done to cover it up, but she didn't mind. She'd smelled far worse.

"Some would say that these types of hotels aren't a place you'd find someone like me. Yet, I always find they have more character than the lavish ones." Vivian laughed a little and awaited to be directed where to sit.

"Although, you'll find I am not the typical family member." She said gently waiting for the door to be closed. There was still the fact that the walls could be thin, so she'd have to gauge how Lawrence would speak before letting the Vampire talk fly.

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

Her laugh is answered with a wry smile. "Practicality over character, for me." he says, gesturing for the chair on their left. It just happens to be the chair furthest in the corner. When they sat, it would put her to his right. It seems appropriate.

He moves to secure the door after, taking the efforts to ensure the blinds were fully closed and the door bolted. He takes his time with the latter, turning to read the Daeva's expression.

"Without having truly had the pleasure of a conversation, I wouldn't know."
    Polite, but very matter-of-fact. Finally arraigning himself across from Vivian's chair, with his body at an angle, he gestures with an upturned hand.

"But now would be the time to do so. Tell me, Seneschal York, what makes you atypical?" Despite his previous statement, his curiosity is evident. Slight tilting of his head and an elevation of his brows would drive this point home, if she'd spent enough time around him to know it.

V
    Vivian York

Sitting in the noted seat, the Daeva was slightly relaxed. She wasn't poised or sitting too proper, but turned so she could view him and his mannerisms in a easy way.

"Which is why we're long overdue for having this lovely night to get to know each other." Vivian grinned, wishing she could have a cigarette, a drink, or something to keep her hands busy.

She nearly laughed loudly at his question. "Well, as you may be familiar, many Daeva have some sort of artistic talent. One that sparks a degree of nearly a siren, singing, dancing, acting, you know the lot. Myself, I'm just a voyeur who enjoys watching others do just those things. I'm a lover of cars, loud music, particularly of the Eighties rock sort." There were a few things she left out, perhaps they'd come up.

"So, that's why I am atypical of my family. How about you, Lawrence?"

"And I should apologize for my staring, which is also long overdue. There's just something about you that has piqued my curiosity. Perhaps its the way you observe others... or something that I cannot put my finger on."
    There was no chuckle as she looked into his eyes, it wasn't necessarily serious, but, definitely sincere.

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

"That does seem to defy expectations. It is not secret that those of your family usually draw strength from being the object of attention. Rather than simply observing it."

The lines of his mouth tighten slightly as he considers. "Perhaps that is it, then. I have noticed your eyes falling on the others. Mostly at Court. You study our associates much the same as I do. Though I imagine our ends differ." There is a hint of mirth twinkling in the corners of his eyes, as the crows feet tighten there. She certainly is amusing. For one of such a hollow, superficial clan.

"For myself? I have no doubt I don't fit the Shadows' mold precisely. Not for observation - those who survive on their wits tend to be observant. No..." He shakes his head, emphasizing the word. Dark eyes hold the Daeva's as he preps his statement. A few precious seconds pass before he does. "I differ as the blood of my creator differs. We do not simply observe with our senses and our understandings of things mystical; we gain our knowledge from what lies beneath the skin. The blood is more than the fuel that keeps us from Torpor. It is everything."

V
    Vivian York

"Yes, that is I. The one who defies my family standards by just staring." She laughed heartily, touching her hand to her chest a moment.

This meeting was already interesting. It seemed like he liked to go back and forth as much as she did before getting to the bottom of things. Albeit, Vivian was usually blunt with most. "It's possible our ends differ. It would depend on what those ends are though. Shall we compare?" She smiled and softly leaned an elbow onto her knee looking at him with undivided attention.

"And by the by, that philosophy about Blood, have you never thought to join a covenant?" If this Shadow viewed it as more than what keeps us from Torpor, his reasons would be interesting if he hasn't joined.

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

The Daeva's own amusement isn't muted by decades of suppressing emotions. If her reactions are sincere, she seems like a generally friendly individual. Which isn't unusual - per se - but 'friendliness' among their kind is often flavored by the perceptions of the Beast.

He gives her a slight nod, seeing no harm in exchanging that information. "I'm sure you don't need to be told that our Elysium is a viper's nest. All are, really. We carry on with the Danse, learning what angles to press to gain allies and hinder our rivals. This, for me, is part of it. The rest is like piecing together a large puzzle. Finding where each individual fits into the grand picture. I believe everyone has a role to play, and, even if they struggle against it, fate binds them to this role." He indicates 'her turn' by tilting his head slightly and remaining silent, waiting for her to divulge her own ends.

"The Covenants? Considering each is as natural as... breathing." He lends his quip a tight-lipped smile. "But therein lies the problem. I constantly consider each Covenant's strengths and weaknesses." And yes; Taft sees some much stronger than others. "Each one's appeal is limited by what can be accomplished under their yoke. Even if a Covenant's values mirror my own, they may not have the vision to utilize my abilities. My role, you see, within a Domain should be to provide certain services that I am uniquely qualified to perform. And I have a confession that may seem equally blunt and avaricious, so I hope you'll pardon me for it." He steeples his fingers and leans slightly in her direction. "In the end, a Covenant's politics and beliefs don't matter to me; all that matters is that I work my craft. So whichever faction is most willing to cooperate along these lines becomes the one most appealing."

11. Likes Dark Passenger liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread