THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    S
    Sebastian Grace

Hope I've done this right... Selena Sasha Quick Travisc06489

J
    Jason Devereux

Of course. Shouldn’t have stared. Very much shouldn’t have stared. Bugger. This was going to be a lot more awkward than he had hoped. And were those…?

“Lichtenburg figures? They’re magnificent. I’ve never seen them glamour-wrought before…” His words escape on a soft breath, almost too quiet to hear over the sounds of conversation. As he speaks one of his hands comes up absentmindedly, as if to run a finger across the lightning strike figures running across Quick’s face. He catches the motion once the hand enters his line of sight and he quickly brings it back around with the other hand into a firm parade rest position with a blush creeping up his neck.

“Sorry, please forgive me. Yes, I’m Jason. Jason Devereux. It’s a pleasure to meet you.” His introduction is accompanied by a short bow from the waist.

Etiquette having been (mostly) observed, he turns his attention firmly onto Sasha, willing his blush to fade. “Thank you, my lady. While I had hoped that particular chapter was behind me, in the interests of full disclosure… As I’m certain you can tell I’ve so far resisted cleaving for a court. My old mentor was a member of the Office of Vizieral Counsel. I aspire to join the order, and with my lack of court and fascination with the more magical wonders of Arcadia…”

His eyes flit to quicks face for a half second, running once more across the patters gracing his features, before returning them to Sasha’s.

“… well, several members of the freehold disagreed with our relationship. Loudly. Enough to make life unpleasant for both my mentor and I, at least. My mentor's oaths are quite binding, so in the end we decided that it would be best that I leave before the dissenters were pushed actions instead of words. It was my mentor who told me of the freehold here and made most of the arrangements.”

Striking Looks
    (Boyish Charm)
    Presence
    (Restless)
    Winter Mantle
    (Hush of snowfall, stray flurries)
    Dexterity
    (Lithe)
    Quick
    Mien

Quick is crowned with an ostentatious arc of hair that resembles a jagged bolt of lightning. He is very lithe and slightly taller than his Mask appears. His skin is a very pale shade of teal, and is covered in tiny filaments like cracks which glow an orange-red. The tips of his fingers and toes come to points, and his shoulders have hard, jagged projections growing from them.

+1
    SL
    PRE

failure
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-06-27 19:18:10 Quick rolls 1 to Wits - 1 Empathy (untrained) (10 Again) 6 failure

The new guy's slip-of-the-hand goes right past the Elemental. But he does blink once or twice at the phrasing."Lichtenburg what?" A charming smile follows up the question. Guy had given him a little bow. Which Quick isn't used to. But definitely doesn't mind. Charm for charm.

"Likewise."

But, of course, Jason gets back on track with giving the Winter Queen more pomp and whatever. He wouldn't knock him for it. A bow for him and some 'my lady' stuff for Sasha. He starts pondering if Jason is always straight-laced and proper. In, you know, every setting. But his little daydream is halted another look from the male Fairest. Definitely checking me out. He flashes another, smaller smile before Jason's attention shifts again.

"Sounds rough..." he adds in, almost under his breath. He doesn't want to just 100% steal the spotlight from Sasha. Just... maybe... 80%. Ish.
    Elemental: Levinquick
    Wyrd ● | Health | Glamour | Willpower

4. Likes liked this post
    S
    Sasha

Sasha already liked the new gentleman. He oddly reminded her of a lawyer friend she once had in Sacramento. She couldn't quite place her finger on why, he didn't seem like an attorney.

"I've only heard about the Vizieral Counsel briefly here and there. Our Freehold had been very centered around the Seasons. But, please, don't let me discourage you from joining the Counsel. Just because we do not have anyone here like that, doesn't mean that it's not an option." In fact, the Onyx thought it would be an amazing idea to keep an eye on all courts, to make sure one doesn't band together over another. It hadn't happened in the past, but with a few new arrivals, it's not something that couldn't happen.

The Dancer's voilet's followed Jason's eyes as he studied Quick. Now, most were accustomed to each others miens and the various differences of Changelings. The look Jason was giving her fellow Onyx was quiet another. Quick also seemed a little struck by something himself.

"Please forgive my asking, and you do not have to answer if you wish. What sort of relationship did you have that many disagree on? There's far too much hate in the world to not allow someone to love whom they want."

"I was dating a mortal once. I told very few people and he only met two other Changelings. He did not know who or what we were, so I didn't have to contend with the majority of our Freehold disagreeing with our relationship. Yet, there were probably plenty who would have."

J
    Jason Devereux

Stars preserve me. Smiles. I can deal with smiles. Just… eyes up. “Well, um, the sciences aren’t really my specialty, so I don’t really know all that much about them. But as I understand it Lichtenberg figures are a kind of fractal pattern made by an electrical current running through something. Wood or sand, usually. But they can also occur on human flesh, most often as the result of a lightning strike.”

Was that too much detail? Should have just said lightning scars, dammit. Oh good, a distraction. He returns his eyes to Sasha as she speaks, eyes widening as he realizes his mistake.

“I fear I may have misrepresented the situation somewhat. Our relationship was strictly Master and Student. The Freehold’s concern was for my lack of court allegiance. The court systems provide a measure of security against the Gentry. They… well, they viewed my refusal to join a court as refusing to take the side of the Lost in earnest. The lack of affiliation combined for my passion for Fae lore brought them to the conclusion that I was working for the Gentry. They thought it was dangerous for someone with unconfirmed allegiances to work so closely with someone with the ear of the monarchs of the hold.”

Jason lets out a tired sigh, bringing a hand up to rub the bridge of his nose before continuing.

“In reality I’ve thus far refused to join a court because I saw my mentor’s court affiliation cause trouble on more than one occasion, when members of the freehold saw advice as based on court affiliation, rather than reason. I had hoped to sidestep the issue entirely, but…”

He shrugs is a ‘what can you do?’ sort of way.

“Well, the best laid plans of mice and men. I’m… willing to join a court here if it’s necessary to keep the peace, but I’m hoping that by explaining the situation upfront I can curtail any misconceptions before they arise.”

He lets the other Fairest sort through his monologue and turns to Quick in a quiet aside, “It wasn’t nearly as bad as it could have been. There was no violence over the matter, thankfully. Though I did have to leave a number of my possessions behind.” As much as he tries to keep his face in a polite smile, he looks mildly put out at having had to leave his possessions behind.
    He gives another small shrug and starts to turn back to Sasha, but he pauses “Still, Sacramento isn’t bad so far. The scenery is nice, at least.” The last part is almost mumbled, and accompanied by a light dusting of red across his cheekbones.

S
    Sasha

Sasha smiled as the new Fairest claimed he wasn't the science type, but what he said about the patterns seems scholarly. "I rather like that explanation, it sounds very cool." Whether he was talking about scars or just science patterns, he was impressive without trying very hard.

As Jason went into further detail, there was a more succinct viewpoint on the Dancer's face. "Oh, I see. Myself personally, I don't have a concern with your Seasonal Allegiance. If it comes up in this freehold, there are many Vows and Pledges you could take to ensure that you aren't working for the Gentry. We've had a few from the Dusk and Dawn court come through, as well as some other Courts. So while aligning yourself with a Court does declare your allegiance outside of the Hedge, I don't feel that it may become that dire here. If it is something that you would like to pursue, I think those other steps to ensure your loyalties may be something to consider."

The Onyx paused. What she said was basically telling him to prove himself and he'd done nothing of question yet. "But those things don't need to be done unless someone is questioning your loyalty or your motives. Until that time, I wouldn't put too much worry into it. I understand that it was from your past Freehold, but you are starting anew now. We may have need of peacekeeping in the future, one never knows." She glanced over to the woman who's presence made her skin prickle.

The Fairest really liked this guy so far. He seemed eager to jump in and also make sure he wasn't doing something that would step on anyone's toes. Unlike some people, he at least went about it in the right manner.

Trying to ignore his passes to someone was beginning to become difficult. Yet, it was very adorable and her curled lips revealed what he was saying without actually saying it to Quick . "I'm glad you're liking it here so far. I really hope you stay for as long as you'd like." And unspoken 'and hopefully a long time' came from her Violet eyes as she smiled to Jason, yet flicked her eyes at the other Winter.

The Fairest had saw someone motion her. John Doe spoke something in code. Sasha looked to see what the fuss was about and motioned John Doe to come over if he was free.

ooc

Striking Looks
    (Boyish Charm)
    Presence
    (Restless)
    Winter Mantle
    (Hush of snowfall, stray flurries)
    Dexterity
    (Lithe)
    Quick
    Mien

Quick is crowned with an ostentatious arc of hair that resembles a jagged bolt of lightning. He is very lithe and slightly taller than his Mask appears. His skin is a very pale shade of teal, and is covered in tiny filaments like cracks which glow an orange-red. The tips of his fingers and toes come to points, and his shoulders have hard, jagged projections growing from them.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Quick has never heard of a Vizieral Counsel. It sounds like some kind of important Court title... but this new guy doesn't belong to a Seasonal Court. He blinks a few times as he follows the conversation, doing his best to piece things together.

Sasha must have thought Jason had a more-than-friendly relationship with his mentor. The story about dating a Rube says it all. Quick can't help but feel curious about it, but Jason is quick straightforward about squashing that idea. Which doesn't help. Other guys at the Freehold have stared at the Elemental before. Straight ones. So much for an easy answer.

Jason's explanation elicits another blink or two, and Quick finds himself rubbing the back of his neck awkwardly. "Something like that. Only I was the lightning. And I did the striking." That... that could have been worded a hundred other ways that wouldn't end up sounding like an innuendo. Great. Quick was down with some investigative flirting, sure, but firing off lines that sound like that? It might be time for drink #2. Thankfully, Sasha offers him a way out. "Right. Cool explanation. Learn something new every day."

"That would have sucked. The violence part."
    He still can't get over Alex being chased out of town. Of course the one doing the chasing turned out to be a decent person - she did make him this suit - but it never felt right. He can only imagine how bad it would have been if there had been bloodshed. He shakes his head, to himself. "But hey: possessions are overrated. Spent like 3 months riding buses with nothing but a backpack full of clothes. And, you know, toothbrush and stuff." It feels like an eternity ago. And, since then, he's picked up a lot more stuff. Especially clothes.

It isn't hard to notice Jason noticing Quick. Or to notice Sasha notice Quick noticing. He doesn't mind. And she seems to be giving Jason the unspoken thumbs up.

"City kind of grows on you. Plenty to see. Beaches, clubs, shopping... couple decent gyms."
    All the things he, himself, finds worth investigating. And seriously: what else is there? Oh... right. "And my good friend Sera has her own coffee shop. Couple of her drinks come with that edible glitter stuff. You know, like from all the social media clips?" He has to bite his tongue to avoid rambling on any further. Any more talking and he'd be asking this guy how many sugars he likes in his coffee. He hadn't really said all that much, but to the Elemental... it was like a formal speech.
    Elemental: Levinquick
    Wyrd ● | Health | Glamour | Willpower

J
    Jason Devereux

He bows his head to the Winter Queen, “You have my thanks; your hospitality is deeply appreciated. And while I’m not sure about peacekeeping, I’m certainly happy to offer mediation if anyone asks it of me. While I intend to make a similar offer to the new Queen, please know that my knowledge and skills are the Freehold’s to draw upon. Please don’t hesitate to ask if there’s anything I can do to help.”

His eyes flit across to the altercation between the Autumn courtiers, before narrowing slightly. Patterns of light flow across his skin, flickering and crackling in agitation, before he clenches his jaw and pulls it back in, his face smoothing back to a polite smile. Leave it be. It’s a court affair, and there’s no need to invite discord over it... however distasteful a display it might be.

Running through… oh. Jason blushes a brilliant red as he realizes what Quick just implied. He takes the reprieve offered by Sasha’s compliment to drag his mind away from dangerous topics and put together a response to Quick, “Thank you, my lady. And I apologize if I bored you, Quick, I tend to ramble if nobody stops me. I’ll try to keep the explanations shorter in future.” His embarrassment can be read plainly on his face, the result of a combination of his own rambling and Quick’s words.

He takes a long breath and carries on, “But you’re right about the violence. We have enough enemies beyond the Hedge without seeking more within our own courts, regardless of our philosophical differences.” His voice is soft and quiet by the end of his sentence, but he rallies after a moment of silence.

“Sorry, that’s something of a soapbox of mine. But as for my possessions, I’m mostly upset about my books, in truth. I had a fair collection growing when I left, but even small libraries don’t lend themselves well to transport. Still, I can rebuild. It does offer a chance to clean up the research journals. Silver linings, I suppose. I’ll have to have a look around some bookshops to see if I can find any of the basic resources.”

He listens intently to Quick’s recital, a soft smile crossing his face as the Elemental starts to ramble, and he quirks an eyebrow up as he says, “I’m not familiar with edible glitter, or most social media, at that. But if I promise not to ramble, I don't suppose you'd be willing to play tour guide and show me around?” His voice is carefully neutral, in an attempt to keep Quick from feeling any guilt if he decided to refuse.

J
    John Doe

John hovered near Sasha. His colorless eyes followed the the True Fae disguised as an Autumn Courtier. The Darkling was practically leaking fear. "Hi," he eked out in greeting. "How's everyone doing?"

S
    Sasha

Sasha really liked this Fairest's philosophy. He had a wonderful head on his shoulders from what it appeared. But her eyes couldn't help but glance in the direction of the current issue. She was paying attention, but it was not something she would likely get involved with. Yet the fact this woman kept calling herself Queen was irksome. Clearly she didn't even consult the other Autumn who also arrived recently.

Turning her attention back to the three men. "I am very opposed to violence within a Freehold. Games of chance, games of physical prowess are something that we build ourselves upon. They're meant to be fun or jestful bragging rights. Those things, I can live with."

"Ah, I keep meaning to visit Sera's coffee shop. Because that is my drink of poison." The Dancer laughed sweetly.

The other Onyx came upon them. The look on his face was something she'd not seen from him yet. "Hello John." Her brow knitted in concern. "Is everything okay?"

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 17

You do not have permission to view the list of names.