Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
Vampire 2018

Twist Scenes

Hello everyone!

I hope everyone is having fun and everything is running smoothly with the site. As always, if you're experiencing issues such as increased latency please let me know so I can make sure everything is good on my end. Otherwise, no news is good news as far as I'm concerned.

It hasn't gone unnoticed that we've had an uptick with new and returning players. This is, of course, very exciting but was a bit unexpected in terms of the sudden spike in activity. I've been in talks with Yumyumcrow on how to best address this as this has largely impacted the Vampire venue and in order to sustain a positive experience for the players we've agreed on the following, temporary, rules and restriction changes:

1. There will now be a freeze on new character approvals for Vampire.
      It has been estimated in the past that an acceptable ratio of players to storytellers maxes out at about 15:1. A number of things factor into this, but as we have a number of newer players or people learning the site rules joining us we need to give everyone a chance to find their niche and for active plots to run their courses. In short, we need to let the dust settle a bit before taking on additional characters.
    2. We are reinstating the limit of 5 scenes per character, excluding glimpses
      This rule was previously revoked as the number of active characters was low enough that the rule was unnecessary. As the character count has gone back up, the rule is again needed.

The following positions get one extra scene to be used for doing their corresponding duties:
      Court Officials
      Clan Prisci or Whips
      Covenant Officials

There will be some flexibility with larger scenes such as Court where side conversations break off.
      If you are currently over this limit, please refrain from joining a new scene until enough currently active scenes have closed for you to be able to join one under the limit.

That's it for now! We'll continue to collaborate and adjust as things inevitably continue to change and Yumyumcrow will post updates to this as needed.

Thanks!

Twist

Hound, Lady Viscount, Invictus
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks •• (Alluring)
    Public Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Sand

Striking Looks •• (Curvy)

Yumyumcrow
    It looks like Twist hit the 5 scene cap prior to posting in On the Hunt (Borderlands, Borderlands x2, Service/Inquiry, PrP Lords' Dance)

So I may have to hold off on joining that :(

3. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    M
    Matrixchild

deltadream Twist is a Court official and Covenant Leader. I would imagine the In Service thread would fall under the "one extra scene to be used for doing their corresponding duties" for either the domain or the Invictus.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

deltadream

Twist is Archon so she gets +1 scenes for a cap of 6.

Matrix has the right of it

6. Likes deltadream liked this post

Yumyumcrow Youngblood Orianna

There is another solution! Just as Changeling and Mage have multiple people to handle 'paperwork', and there are plenty of PrPs, perhaps Vampire simply needs some ASTs.

My services are available, as are the magnificent Saber Sloth's! And I know MC has been dreaming up PrPs, if nothing else.

Why not let others help collaborate and share the load so that there doesn't have to be a freeze/slow down?

8. Likes Dark Passenger, liked this post

Twist Scenes

Yumyumcrow Youngblood Orianna

There is another solution! Just as Changeling and Mage have multiple people to handle 'paperwork', and there are plenty of PrPs, perhaps Vampire simply needs some ASTs.

My services are available, as are the magnificent Saber Sloth's! And I know MC has been dreaming up PrPs, if nothing else.

Why not let others help collaborate and share the load so that there doesn't have to be a freeze/slow down?
    Thank you!

That can be discussed as a potential solution but right now it isn't possible due to the transition. There are a variety of settings I need to learn and navigate with the site and I haven't had the time to dive in with both feet yet. Assistant privileges were already something on my list to look into as I received a request from Saber Sloth to get the needed access to help you with Mage's administrative/paperwork duties a few days ago, after confirming that you did want/need the help.

I look forward to reopening Vampire as soon as it makes sense to do so. Any situation which involves a new character freeze is a less than ideal one and we considered it for a while before deciding to impose the restriction.

10. Likes Cayce, liked this post
Closed Thread