Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Rollback 2018

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Twist Scenes

Hi everyone,

The rollback has completed as of this morning and the STs are diligently working on recapping and reposting some items. I *believe* they will post an all clear for threads or areas that are good to resume posting as normal. Thank you for all your patience over the last couple of weeks, and in hindsight I regret not pulling the trigger on rolling back the site earlier. I was hoping with finding the root of what caused this all to happen that I'd be able to either fix it or prevent it from happening again.

After last Friday it became apparent that the issue was actually spreading unpredictably through the database and any hope of tracking what had been corrupted and fixing it was lost.

Through all of this though I've identified some areas of opportunity so hopefully in the coming weeks/months I can implement some extra safeguards to make rollbacks less painful or for this situation in general to not likely happen again. I want to express the importance that if you see something weird occurring to please say something to me as soon as you possibly can about it.

Lastly, I'd like to throw a big shout out to West . He spent more than a few late nights and early mornings helping with troubleshooting and it made things a fair bit easier having his expertise handy.

Thank you, and let me know if you have any questions or concerns!

C
    Cross

Many thanks to both of you for your hard work on correcting the issue.

S
    Selena

Thank you all for your hard work. And to the all ST's for trying to preserve as much as they could. Your efforts are not unnoticed!

Mable Wood
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

BP3/Pre2/SL2:Wholesome/Pro3: Aspect of the Predator

Thank you Youngblood and West for all the hard work. Thank you story tellers and everyone for the patience and hard work. We have a great group here!!
    Gangrel/BP3/Pro3/SL2:Wholesome
    "Given only the health of the soil, nothing that dies is dead for very long" -Wendell Berry

Circe
    Circe
    Circe Scenes

Rage singing, no work with Ozzy, Shake the shanty

I can speak no words of thanks for all the hard work Youngblood, West, Saber Sloth, and all the moderators are putting into this. Not without giving everyone a text to speech program.

So I'll just visit donations as money talks.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Street, Clubs)
    Primal Urge
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Rhodes

Rhodes Scenes

Angular features, pointed ears. His jet-black hair bursts into bright red flowers and fine dark leaves about his ears forming a wreath of firey foliage that trailed just below his shoulders. Thin woody vines broached and twined across his milky-white skin, with leaves and budding flowers breaking into bloom at his cuffs.

Hedgespun coat - darkest thunderclouds, broiling and writhing, occasionally flashing as if lighting was happening on the other
    Phoenyx

Phoenyx Scenes

Nimbus: Scarlet flames rising out from her like giant sperading wings, and the sound of an eagle's screech.

The Heroes we really don't deserve.

Thanks for all your hard work, everyone.
    "Why? Why? Why? WHY?"
    "Four excellent questions!"
    Martin Kreefe and Douglas Richardson, Cabin Pressure

Kaze
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco
    Kaze

Striking Looks (Fit and Healthy Glow) 2
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco

Thank so much! I want to report an odd (to me) issue just in case it's a bigger deal than it seems: I had just joined the site on September 7, so after the roll back, I created a new account with a new name and avatar, and posted in the introduction topic, and my posts show the ild, prerollback avatar, but when I checked my profile, the new avatar exists. So somehow the old avatar is still in the site memory and associated with my account, but not in the account control as the avatar, just in posts.

Kaze
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco
    Kaze

Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco

Maybe it's just me and my browser.

Does anyone else see a green circle with a Japanese kanji character (old avatar) instead of a white circle with the word, "Ruach" and Hebrew letters (new avatar)?

Twist Scenes

Maybe it's just me and my browser.

Does anyone else see a green circle with a Japanese kanji character (old avatar) instead of a white circle with the word, "Ruach" and Hebrew letters (new avatar)?
    I'm seeing the latter.

Kaze
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco
    Kaze

Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco

Ok thank you! And thanks so much again for your work to restore and maintain the site in all its awesomeness!!!

I cleaned out all the stored site info in my browser and am now seeing only new stuff, so all good!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
+ Reply to Thread