Watch

Chance Meetings

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    General Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense: 6 (3)

Active Spells: 3 / 6
    Base Paradox: 2 die
    Personal Spells
    2e Fortune's Protection
    (potency 8, +3 defense)

Temporal Eddies
    (potency 1, mage sight)

OCC
    PRE

What Knot wanted, he thought as he tied the knots on a piece of string, was a Cabal.

So it followed that what he needed were other Awakened who were open to the idea of a Cabal. He couldn't snap his fingers and conjure one up whole-cloth, but he could nudge things a little bit, and let the cards fall where they may.

The string was loosely knotted seven times, and then tied around his wrist. His whispered chant lit golden glyphs on each knot, turning them into tiny karmic hooks that snagged on the subtle patterns of the World, bending chance and happenstance.

It was something that often needed patience. So Knot meandered through the Circle of Creation, knowing that eventually he'd bump into someone or someone would get into contact with him somehow, and it would give him a chance to set something up.

Winds of Chance 2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-06-18 14:44:49 Knot rolls 8 to Winds of Chance (Fate 3 + Gnosis 3 + High Speech 2) (10 Again) 2, 6, 4, 2, 3, 6, 9, 8 2 successes
    Active Spells: 2e Fortune's Protection (Rote), Temporal Eddies (Improvised)

2. Likes Ruach, liked this post

Langdon
    Doctorate
    Langdon

PRE

While some Stalkers may be quiet on their feet Langdon is not one of them. Though he is not loud either, just... there. However today Langdon is Here and grumbling to himself.

"Damn fool. Who wants to fly across the country for a 30 minutes talk in a separate field? It's not like I can get fricking tenure somewhere with that." A hand runs through Langdon's hair as he softly stalks through the Circle. Cell phone hanging with a dark screen in his left hand. With a breath he almost seems to deflate. "This city will be enough."

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    General Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Personal Spells
    2e Fortune's Protection
    (potency 8, +3 defense)

Temporal Eddies
    (potency 1, mage sight)

OCC
    PRE

"Yo, Langdon!" Knot raises a fist to catch Langdon's attention, before rapping it on his chest as he approaches the other Mystagogue. "You doing okay? It's hot as balls today. Work problems?"

"Oh!" Knot says as he snaps his fingers, as if the idea had just come to him. "Speaking of balls, how're you situated in the Cabal-sense? I wanted to get something going, and maybe we have some shared interests considering stuff. What do ya think?"

Why be coy? He literally tweaked reality so he could run into people that could be open to the idea.

6. Likes Ruach, liked this post
    V
    Vauban

Vauban sighed as he stared at his phone as she shuffled between rooms in the Circle of Creation. He had come to Sacramento for a reason, yet he was still unclear as to what it was. If he knew what force tied him here he would have shot it in the face out of frustration long ago.

He looked up and spotted Langdon speaking to an unfamiliar, rather animated man. "Langdon. You alright there?" He asked. The libertine turned to the mystery man. "Hi. Um. I'm Vauban." He said, awkwardly sticking his hand out. Yes, master of introductions...​At the very least if he was here, he was likely Awake.

Langdon
    Doctorate
    Langdon

PRE

His name is called and Langdon snaps back to Now. The deflation is replaced by a rapid build up of a persona. "Hey Knot , ya it is. I should pick up some decent shorts for this summer." The phone slips into a pocket and Langdon adjusts his bag. A brown glyph floats around the Moros and a grey glyph seems to cut into reality as it moves with Langdon.

"I am not in a cabal yet. I am interested in joining or forming one though." A moment of pause. "Old work problems, a sleeper professor at my old university expects me to drop everything and fly across country to give a short talk at a conference he is organizing to show the breadth that his work has touched." Langdon nods to Vauban . "Hey, I'll be better soon. People are just.. people some days."

"Ah, Vauban, this is Knot a recent newcomer to town, Knot this is Vauban. I think he has been in town before?"

9. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    General Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

Personal Spells
    2e Fortune's Protection
    (potency 8, +3 defense)

Temporal Eddies
    (potency 1, mage sight)

OCC
    PRE

"Don't know how you do it Langdon," Knot shakes his head. "Ever since I Woke Up, I just don't have the patience to put up with stuff like that. It's itchy, trying to live like a Sleeper, with a job. It's like they get a taste of power and the first thing they all do is use it to push others around." Knot flicks his hands as if he was washing them. "But I'm more of a dip my toe in kind of guy when it comes to Sleepers."

"Nice to meet'cha Vauban." Knot puts out a hand to Vauban for a shake. "Like the man said," he gestures to himself with his free hand, "it's Knot. Been in town for a month. Month-ish." He wiggles his hand back and forth to indicate the vagueness of the time in question.

"Apropos of nothing, I was talking with Langdon here about starting cabal. Because I cast a spell," Knot gestures to his wrist, where the improvised string bracelet glows with golden runes, spinning merrily along. "I think you might be open to the same sort of idea. We're both young, eligible bachelors, magically speaking. We probably have enough in common to get the foundations of something going, and I can throw down some time and make sure hooking up together doesn't bring down a Doom on us if we decide to give it a go."

"What do you you both think? Wanna talk about ourselves? Hopes and dreams and wants and shit?"

11. Likes Ruach, liked this post
    Presence
    (Insubstantial)
    Striking Looks
    (Unseelie Beauty)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Haunting)
    Banshee

Libertine Moros who calls herself Jane Doe around Sleepers.

Nimbus

A figure in Banshee’s distorted image flays the Moros from the inside, ripping and tearing at her flesh, desperately seeking an escape from this cage of meat.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2
    Occult 3

Vulgar
    Active Spells: 2 / 5
    Personal Spells: Dual Casted 2E Death Shield/Grim Sight (Sight Pot 1, Shield Pot 6)

+1
    SL
    +1
    DV
    PRE

Stepping into the Circle carried by a restlessness, she follows the voices as they speak. Artfully folding her hood back, she allows the cascade of her painted hair to fall, just as artfully over her left shoulder.

"Greetings," she says after an awkward moment of silence followed by her arrival. "I...hope I am not intruding. I simply..." she swallows her words, "Wished for company." she says anyway.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:
    Monthly Rits: Dual Casted 2E Death Shield/Grim Sight (Sight Pot 1, Shield Pot 6)

13. Likes Ruach, Benji liked this post
    A
    Alastor

Far in the Adamantine Arrow wing, Alastor had been working out. The place looked quiet, like it wasn't possessed of too many soldiers - which was actually sort of lonely. Alone, the Prisoner had made a reasonable go of it.

Plenty of push-ups. Plenty of pull-ups, which sucked. Plenty of cardio.

Plenty of Old Spice in the shower, after. He wanted a fucking smoke. What he got was a nicotine patch, after he toweled off. Changing into fresh black shorts and a gray University of Nevada Las Vegas t-shirt that he'd been sent by his brother a while back, the Arrow put his gear into his sports bag and brought it out into the main room.

"What's up, guys."

He gave a wave as he set his bag down. It let off a particularly metallic 'clink' as it found the floor.

"Busy day?"

No harm in stopping to chat. It would distract him from the urge to light up.

Langdon
    Doctorate
    Langdon

PRE

Langdon can only nod in agreement with Knot. "It is a pain but its what I wanted to do." A small shrug. "That and I can't turn dirt into gold yet." Comfortable living is preferred over bare-bones living. Langdon has done that enough. The Stalker begins ordering thoughts to talk about himself when two new mages arrive.

"Hello to both of you." Awakening does have odd impacts on people doesn't it. "I don't believe you are interrupting. We were just going to discuss cabals." A look towards Knot . "I am curious about a Doom though? That seems excessive for just forming a cabal."

"Not busy for me just tedious." Some people think busy and productive mean the same thing, they don't.

16. Likes Ruach, Benji liked this post

Epitaph
    Striking Looks
    (Death's Angel)
    Epitaph

Nimbus:
    When Epitaph draws upon the fearsome power of the Tower of Doom, the shadows grow deep and every living being appears to be horrifically rent in an orgy of grotesque murder.

Month Long:
    Death Sight pot 1
    Death Armor 2e pot 1

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh...hello," Epitaph said, emerging from somewhere in the bowels of the Mysterium's wing of the Circle.

"What is this gathering, if I may ask? You look as though you've all shown up late to a ritual suicide," the robed figure declared, gliding closer to the group. She appraised them carefully, her artificially pale eyes unblinking as her gaze swept over them.

"I heard something about a Doom, but you all appear to be healthy."

18. Likes Ruach, Benji, liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread