Ended
Watch

Finding the Chapter

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 7 of 8 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
    L
    Lina Moretti

"I can buy you time," Lina said, sensing the opportunity. "Time to finish, time to move on. But the regular folk will come for this place soon, so it may be good to let the others know that this particular spot is no good anymore when you have left."

She glanced to Aaron, then up to the gal. This was the peaceful way through. Help them. Get them to leave and spread the story.

"How long do you need?"

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

Little John. Really?

Aaron shivers. Yes he felt the Fire. It was terrifying. Could these creatures actually work with it?

'I just arrived myself. Still looking for a place.'
    And he looks around, would they leave this place soon? And would they exhaust the perilous energy with the completion of their work?

Then back to the big guy. The Lord still wants to know what they taste like. 'We can make an official pledge, to establish a bond of trust in each other. We work our connections to make sure you have time, you promise to leave afterwards...' ​He opens his arms with the suggestion.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

"Of course we will be leaving when the task is done. Why would we stay?" Tess says with an almost childish brusqueness.

Little John stared. "The Fire goes where it will. If the Fire stays, then those who wish to follow it will. Just accept it." There was force behind his words, but no anger.

"But yes. Once Tess has done her Work, we will be moving on. Once she is finished. When she is finished. I don't hang around cities like this for too long."

"I know I'm close. I feel it in my... bones.".

Tess concluded with a deliberate pause. Little John glared at her.

L
    Lina Moretti

Lina glanced at Aaron. They did not need to do anything here. Their intervention was not required. There were things to be learned about these strange creatures, a mystery of the Ordo Dracul that could be solved, but nothing that required violence.

"All right. For secrecy's sake, I will keep the media quiet while you finish," Moretti said with a solemn nod.

"May I ask what it is y'all are creating? Is that okay? Obviously it goes no further than us."

After all, she had just agreed to keep them secret and safe from prying eyes. They were nearly done here, but if they had a chance to understand another type of supernatural being...

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

Aaron is having an internal conflict. It seems like they could just walk away and come back later, but he is also very curious to learn more.

'Yes. I will try to just accept.'
    Said while resisting an urge to take complete control of the situation. The main problem is that these creatures are hard to gauge for the Lord. He's not ready to make that one final mistake.

'Of course, we will not risk anything. However, we have to know what we are protecting. Do you also consider yourself Alchemists? Or do you have another name?' Researching with such a term would be too broad and vague.

Then a crazy idea jumps to his mind, just as she mentions bones, 'I don't suppose we can be of any other help? Like I said, I - or we both in a certain way - specialize in working with... bodily matters.'

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

"We create nothing. I am here to learn from the Fire. Its all around us here. Everywhere. But it sat up here in the burned room. Where did you say you went again?"

As Tess spoke, so Little John appeared to wince.

"Yes. Tess is an alchemist!" The giant uttered with an exasperated sigh.

Tess shot him a warning glance of her own. "I am no mere Alchemist. I am a Serpent!"

Little John was about to say something more. His expression shifted to something akin to a face slap of embarrassment.

"Fine. Fine. I want to see a... Ballet. To study movement. And what are you?"

The huge figure stared once again. This time he was joined by Tess, moving from the landing on light feet to the stairs.

"What bodily humours?"

L
    Lina Moretti

"I am a Dragon."

Lina smiled. Her title meant as little as theirs to the uninitiated.

She began to move. It was not ballet, but it was a smooth, relaxed and practiced series of motions that Lina slowly began to go through.

"I will show you movement."

She removed her jacket, as the karate kata flowed. A Bowie knife was in an underarm sheath, tucked away. It did little to interfere with the flow of her art.

"Ballet is beauty, but it is form over function. And Little John, you strike me as one who respects function as well as form."

Her kata shifted, moving from the powerful moves of karate to the swirling motions of aikido.

successfully demonstrating movement!
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-07-20 23:29:59 Lina Moretti rolls 6 to Dexterity + Brawl (Demonstrate Martial Arts Kata) (10 Again) 6, 8, 2, 4, 1, 3 1 success

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

PRE

The interaction between the two is very interesting. The large and seemingly dangerous man is apparently looking up to Tess. Serpent is a rank of alchemist for them? Questions would only lead to more follow-up questions.

'I encountered it in the basement. Though its force was quite overwhelming.' So powerful, it makes his undead body shiver even now. 'How do you commune with it?'

When Lina goes on to socialize perfectly, finding good answers, Aaron watches her display her skills. The Lord just thinks about how he could actually dance a little. One of his most hidden and private skills. It would remain to be so, for now.

'All of them, the flesh, the bones, the blood, perhaps other fluids, our alchemy has a use for them: to alter our own bodies, perfecting some of its functions. I'm even developing a control over other bodies, so not studying, or demonstrating,' from Tess, he moves his attention to Little John and then Lina, before finishing his sentence, 'but controlling movement.'

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The giant watched Lina's display with a harsh attentiveness of a warrior. Little John really was studying the Deava - his eyes attentive to the interplay of muscle and sinew, not the aesthetics of the the Kindred's body. In other contexts, the sheer focus the huge man displayed would have been unsettling, if not worse.

"I can see the Fire burning still. I seek the make my inner Fire in the same likeness," Tess replied calmly while Little John was totally absorbed in his study of Lina.

"What are you," Tess continued, her voice turning to child-like awe, as Aaron continued. "We should work..."

"No. It is enough to finish your Work here and be done with this place. We have stayed long enough." Little John broke free of his reverie and glared again at Tess. And again at Aaron and Lina. "Some things were were not meant to know. And some things you don't understand yet!"

His glare, returning to Tess, was withering in only the way a protective brother could be. The woman almost shrank from it. She slumped into defeated silence.

Page 7 of 8 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread