Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1806) The Colonel and the Prince

THREADID
    J
    John Davis

Colonel Davis paused a moment before approaching the Prince Alessandra . He had to wait his turn after all. When the opportune time presented itself, he stepped forward and bowed.

"Excuse me your Excellence, if it pleases the Prince I would like to present you with a gift."

This was a big deal. The Southern Lords rarely made moves outside the realm of their own Domains and when they did it was often to seize control. Davis hoped this wasn't the case. He had witnessed the final deaths of many pawns in the Danse between the Lords and other powerful domains. Once, one unlucky kindred was hung from a church steeple moments before the sun rose in the East. The Sanctum Prince wasn't too happy when he was gifted with an eviction notice from the Lords. Secretly Davis thought that the whole thing was orchestrated by the Carthians.

He remained bowed, averting his gaze, awaiting the Prince's response. Worried that this may be his final night.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

So it was her turn to talk with Davis. Not that she couldn’t have approached him and demanded his attention, but that wasn’t her style. Let them come to her when they were ready.

Now the letter was a surprise. So she’ll accept it and take a moment to read it. Her second letter of the night, how lucky for her.

The contents were new to her. Who sends a Kindred as a gift? What was she supposed to do with such a gift?

That aside, it was a still a big gesture by whoever these Southern Lords were. She knew what a Knight was, after all, she had considered the path herself before Asa helped steer her in a better direction. One that would see her aiding the Domain more than she ever could have dreamed.

Ok, lets play.

A smile and nod appears, “It seems if my hearing is still good, and this letter is correct, you have quite a few titles. How would you prefer to be called?” she might be Prince, but there were still Invictus titles in play here and the wrong one used would create a headache. And not one she felt like dealing with tonight. While she could get away with calling him whatever she wanted, she didn't want to start off their dealings with each other that way.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

3. Likes Ruach, JonReeves liked this post
    J
    John Davis

Remaining bowed before the Prince, eyes averted Davis responds, "All in serving the will of the First Estate and the will of those that lead it." In Sacramento that meant the will of Prince Alessandra.

"Formally, your Excellency may call me Alder John Davis."

No titles. The Southern Lords' letter made it clear that his service to them was on hold. His unlife was now in the hands of a new sovereign. Would the Prince preserve my titles in service to her praxis? Or does she have a need for me in other capacities? Harpy? Master of Elysium? Herald?

Davis recalled the position of Herald in another domain he had visited. The position had been downgraded from one of honor, the mouthpiece of Prince to one akin to court jester.

"I serve at the pleasure of the Prince."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

He was still bowing.

“Please, you don’t have to remain bowing. I rather enjoy conversations when I can see someone’s eyes.”
    Eyes spoke what the voice did not.

“Ok then, Alder Davis.” No first names here. Though the amount of titles had drastically dwindled from before. Interesting.

“I do have a couple questions in regards to the letter. This states that you bring the aid of the Order of the Thorned Wreath. Does that not make you a Knight?”
    if what she had heard of the Order was correct. Granted she didn’t know the inner dealings of it. “Which in itself is quite an honor.” Credit where it was due. Knights were nothing to fucked with.

6. Likes Ruach, Dark Passenger liked this post
    J
    John Davis

Rising to attention, Davis looked at the Prince. "Informally you can call me John. In regards to the Order, the full honor goes to my sire. Through him, I am a Knighted member. Knights of the Order operate in three's you see. And as the lone survivor of my coterie's last mission, I am a lone Knight. Until I rebuild my coterie, I have accepted the singular task of acting as a courier, offering safe passage for Kindred the Order has been tasked with protecting. Not to overly intimidate residents of the domains I pass through and in part not to advertise my association to an Order known for the final death of Kindred with friends, so to speak."

The Prince had raised a valid question. And there was a time that Davis proudly called himself Sir. But it was brief. To be honest with himself the title took on a new meaning when he saw a slave being beaten pleading to its master to stop. "Please massa, please sir, no more, sir I promise to be good, I no be uppity no mo, please massa." It was too much for Davis who still maintained to much of his Humanity at that time to tolerate. The part of him that regretted unleashing the beast died that night. It was a blur, ripping the throat out of the slave driver, rending the man's flesh, engorging on his lifeblood. When Davis could finally think clearly, the slave had run off. Davis' sir helped to clean up the breach at the cost of postponing his rite of manumission, but from that day forward the Knightly title Sir, did not feel as prestigious.

"The Order is reachable through me and if our domain is lacking in a local chapter, I would be honored to organize a guild and begin training to bring a coterie of knights to full strength." Davis was curious as to what her answer would be. He had been concerned about the state of the First Estate in this domain on the first day he arrived and found out that there was no Harpy.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

She was aware of what she could informally call him. She wasn’t that new to the Invictus. But you would not hear her use an intimate form of address. Might be a Savage, but she wasn’t a stupid one.

“I’m aware of what a familiar term of address would be, it’s an intimate one and one you will never hear muttered from my lips.” Was he thinking he could get that one by her and have her make a fool out of herself?

“So are you able to act within the full capacity of a Knight? I like to have the full scope of someone’s abilities and what I can expect, or not expect. And the letter does state that you bring the aid of the Order of the Thorned Wreath.” She wanted to pick Twist’s brain about this matter, but was not the place. And if he was throwing around being a Knight and wasn’t fully ready and capable to act within its capacity, then that spoke volumes.

As someone who had caused the Final Death of someone she considered a friend, she understood keeping such information private. Others were quick to judge the act without taking the time to understand the circumstances.

“That is a question best brought to Her Grace, Alder Twist, Judex. Though if my understanding is correct of the Order, it would be a welcome addition to our ranks. Have you approached her on the matter? I’m quite sure she would love to hear of your position and what it would bring to the Domain.” Twist was the Judex, Ale would never dare overstep her on Invictus matters.

“Now, back to the letter.”
    Cause that was what the talk was supposed to be about, “It says here that they hope you become a landed member of this Domain. You seek Tenancy? Or something bigger?” she wanted to know what his angle was because everyone had an angle.

9. Likes Ruach, liked this post
    J
    John Davis

His torpor had stolen many of the gifts he had learned as a Knight. Blood didn't flow like it used to. Many of the Blood Oaths he had learned were all but clouded memories. But could he still fight? He could and the gifts he had forgot he would remember or relearn.

"I am Your Majesty." referring to his ability to speak and act with full authority as a member of the Order. Opening his vest to display his badge like some frontier marshal.

Image of badge here.

Closing his vest Davis answers her next question regarding the Guild and coterie. "Thank you, My Liege. I have not but shall address the matter with her Grace."

To matters of tenancy, "I serve at your will. I would not dare threaten your praxis by asking for more than I have earned. In exchange for my fealty and unyielding service, it would please me if your largesse included tenancy, being as big or as small as you deem appropriate. In respect for the Masquerade and my familiarity with the area, I humbly request Old Sacramento if it pleases you, Your Majesty. It is tiny, limited, and inconsequential in relation to the remaining city."

It was a bold gesture, Davis knew. He did not know the importance of Old Sac. It composed of a mere five blocks, cut off from the rest of the city by the river and the interstate. It literally was a pocket neighborhood frozen in time. The one place in all of Sacramento where Colonel Davis could walk the streets and not stick out like an urban cowboy. He had plans he felt the Prince would approve but did not wish to advertise them in open court.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

She was expecting some token of the membership he claimed, so she wasn’t too moved by the action. If he hadn’t, then it would have fed her suspension and that was never a good thing. So perhaps he was on the up and up. Only time would tell.

Then….there it was.

My.

A term no Invictus wants to hear in a conversation. One that held severe implications. While she could let it slide with one not of the Invictus, you couldn’t expect them to know protocol, this couldn’t stand.

Was he playing her? Was he playing at being stupid for a reason? Was there something to gain out of this?

But she wouldn’t raise her voice. In case he was seeking to embarrass her in front of her Court. No. There would be no yelling.

“You know, for someone who makes great claims within the Invictus, you lack basic training.” Her tone cold and to the point. “And I believe you would do well under the guidance of an Au Pair. Perhaps no one taught you the ramifications of using a disparaging reference when speaking to another. And maybe they have and you’ve simply been able to get away with it, but not here and not with me. Unless you think you can back up a challenge to my authority here and now, I suggest you pick your words carefully.” The edge to her tone was clear, her eyes cold and calculating.

She knew she was close to ashing him where he stood, her finger tips itched as the claws begged to be released.

The edge still hung to her voice, her eyes leveled with his, “Tenancy is earned through service to the Domain. It can also be granted by your Priscus, should you choose to approach her on it, she will have her own terms. Until then, you are free to reside within the Communal Zone.”

There was a pause, her eyes not leaving his.

“This conversation is over for the night.”

And just like that, she moves away, finding a new position, and attempts to catch the eye of Twist

12. Likes Ruach, liked this post
    J
    John Davis

OOC: Woah, I'm confused. What did I do, because I promise you it was not what I intended or what my character would have done.

J
    John Davis

The damage done, Davis leaves.

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 26

You do not have permission to view the list of names.