Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(Open)Whiskey and Convo

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    R
    Rebecca Simmons

Rebecca had dealt with showboating men like Davis all her life. But that didn't mean she was seeking his downfall. She wondered, had the Prince noticed Davis' awkward arrival? The narrowing of Ale's eyes gave her the answer. It would seem it would be too late for the Colonel to escape. Who knew if he could dig himself out of the hole he had created for himself.

"Ah, Sophia," she said, making a mental note. "I'll keep that in mind for the future," she said with a smile. "And I've only the most barest of accommodations. I'm still looking for a place that meets all my specifications, but I know I will in time, especially in this wonderful city."

Thankfully her raised eyebrow indicated she understood Rebecca's meaning. "Oh I agree. A more private locale would be better suited for a detailed discussion, and I'd be more than willing to have such a meeting." Her expression of casual enjoyment continued to hold firm, though even underneath she was excited for the prospect of a meeting. "But I would like to assure you, I only know more because of your amazing reputation." The woman was a celebrity to Rebecca, in more ways than one.

It would seem though that the Prince did not want to remain in the dark about Rebecca. "Generally I enjoy parties or social events. See, I'm actually a pharmacist by trade. Pharmaceutical manufacture can sometimes require a great deal of 'friends' to remain profitable and secure. See my...father. Well he was always quite fond of making connections, so in the past we would frequent gala events or fundraisers to secure such 'friends' and I think over time I just learned to enjoy it quite much." It was hard to go on without her sire's guidance. He had taught her so much about gaining allies that sometimes it felt wrong to continue without him. "What about you Sophia? What do you do for fun?" she asked with a smile.

Her eyes again caught Davis and Lina conversing in the distance. Rebecca returned the nod Lina sent their way. It would appear the woman made sure they had noticed the peacock's presence. "I hope you don't mind if I invite them over," Rebecca said with a smile as she raised her to gesture the two Daeva over. "The more the merrier, wouldn't you say?" There was no more chances to escape.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Savage continues to monitor the situation as it unfolded at the door. She was curious as to what caused Davis to attempt to leave.

Though Lina seemed to have the matter handled. Which spoke volumes to her, it meant the Daeva could think on her feet and handle whatever she came across. She could prove useful.

She see’s the glance and simply returns the nod. Seems she would get her chance to find out what happened.

Focusing back on Rebecca.

“That always seems to be the case when moving to a new city, finding that perfect place. If you need help with that, please let me know.”
    It had taken her a few months to find her simple Haven. Nothing flashy cause the Savage wasn’t flashy, but it served her needs.

The corners of her mouth turn up into a smile, “Great. We’ll have to share contact information and when my schedule allows it, we’ll sit down and talk. It’s been a while since I’ve discussed such business with another.” Having someone who shared her criminal goals would be welcome. Far too long she had been the only Kindred chasing that dream.

A brief look of surprise appears followed by her looking pleased with what Rebecca said. “Good to know my reputation is making the rounds. And for it to reach the ears of someone new to the city tells me I’m doing something right.” She knew she was recognized while at Man in Black.

“A pharmacist, seems like a great field to be in.” not one she’d ever approached for business. “I grew up in a household that placed great standing in being seen at various charity events and galas. Not a scene I’d fit into anymore personally.” A light chuckle. “Have you always been interesting in the pharmaceutical business?” she bet Rebecca made money hand over fist. And she had yet to find her niche to make money in Sacramento.

What did she do for fun?

“Since my promotion at work I haven’t had much time for fun. But I do enjoy going to the shooting range, though lately I’ve had to improvise locations.” She was recognizable now, public ranges were too dangerous for her. “I also pin butterflies to relax and destress and enjoy classical music.” Yup, she heard right. The Savage Prince liked classical music and pinned butterflies. “I also enjoy these small bars for meeting new people and seeing what’s going on. It’s good to have a face outside of work.” A wink.

A shake of her head, “Not at all. I was actually quite curious about our friends desire to leave without saying hello. Quite rude if you ask me.”
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

3. Likes JonReeves liked this post
    J
    John Davis

Accepting events as they were, Colonel Davis gestured for Lina Moretti to lead the pair to the obvious destination, the Prince and the Doctor. Davis was oddly curious about how the Prince had absorbed the gift she had received. Initial reactions sometimes didn't last, especial when the weight of a gift has had time to settle. The Southern Lords in their Ivory Domains had gifted HIM to serve HER. He would have freely done so himself but their letter gave him no choice.

Treated like property he now belonged to the First Estate of Sacramento and the current hand guiding it. Isn't that what he wanted? He loved his titles. He loved the freedom those roles gave him to travel between domains. His skills garnering favors among the powerful. Did he not aspire for more. He did. So why did it now feel different? As if shackled.

"After you," Davis paused, had he been mortal he would have choked. It was so casual, so informal, so Kinelike to use first names. He hated being too familiar. "Lina." He finished before his delay in saying her name was awkwardly obvious.

Davis prepared to push out without activating the powers of his clan. He dare not use them on another Kindred in the presence of the Prince. Unless she willed it. He dare not use them on the Prince. Properly prepared, it was once more time to put on the face of the social predator and impress the Ancilla who continued to treat him as a neonate.

L
    Lina Moretti

The young Daeva caught the Prince's nod and accepted it as an invitation. Strolling over, she flashed a muted smile and said to the gals at the table, "You'll never imagine who I ran into on the way in," she said with a chuckle.

She wondered if, somewhere inside him, the Invictus in John Davis was screaming at all the informality.

"I should have figured I'd find you somewhere awesome like this, ma'am," she said, putting a hand on her hip. "And, uh, Doctor. We didn't really get a chance to get acquainted properly last time I saw you."

Her right hand came up, and Lina offered Simmons a shake.

"Lina Moretti. Nice to meet you. Have you met John Davis?"

R
    Rebecca Simmons

"Thank you. I'll certainly reach out if I have any trouble." Other than the overwhelming pressure she felt from the Prince's beast, she was really starting to like the woman. At her response about a meeting she smiled and said, "I look forward to it. It's always good to have someone to relate to in such matters." No honor among thieves was an expression for a reason. It would be quite beneficial if she could trust, or at least work with, Ale.

"My, how interesting. It sounds as if we were raised in somewhat similar environments. And I have been to plenty of galas where a beautiful woman like you would fit right in," she said, her head tilting slight. Beauty and grace can make those with money overlook many things, including tattoos. Though of course tattoos didn't bother Rebecca one bit. "And yes, for as long as I can remember I was entranced by science and the scientific method. There's something...calming about being able to know exactly how something should or shouldn't work. And with chemicals and drugs, as long as you follow the recipe things always work out just as you expect. Then again, when you experiment you can find plenty of excitement and surprises as well." Sometimes one needed to inject excitement into their lives, even if the results could be deadly.

Shooting range? "Hmm. I've only been to a gun range once or twice, but it's certainly something I'd be open to practicing more at." That was certainly true. While Rebecca was more a fan of hiring, or ghouling, help, sometimes you could rely on only yourself for protection.

"Oh, which composer are you a fan of? I have found that Chopin's Minute Waltz has provided a non-inconsequential amount of inspiration while preparing new medicines." Including some of her most popular 'products'.

Whether by Rebecca's gesture or the Prince's, it would seem the two Daeva had finally decided to join their little gathering. At the extension of Lina's hand, she took it in kind, giving a firm, but not aggressive, handshake. Rebecca believed some handshakes could show another respect more than words ever could. "Rebecca Simmons. So wonderful to officially meet you Lina." She turned to smile at Davis, ignoring the awkwardness of the situation. "Yes, we've meet. Wonderful to see you again Mr. Davis. I hope things have been going well for you." She never did get to see how things went with Twist and the Reeve after she left. Clearly he was still among the Kindred of the city.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

There was a smirk at the joke and a look to Davis. Who she was still curious about.

A gentle shake of her head, “Please, call me Sophia, no need for anything formal here.” It wasn’t Court and she didn’t want to deal with business while here. She dealt with that enough night after night.

Her attention shifts back to Davis, a calculating smile appears, “We’ve met, but in a more formal setting. Will you be joining us Mr Davis, or do you have other pressing matters to attend to? You seemed to be in quite a hurry.” the question seemed innocent enough, but she saw him try and leave.

Back to Rebecca, “It certainly is, and it’s a field I’ve yet to find another to know much about. So it will be a welcome change.” She was sure other Kindred had their hands in criminal affairs, but the Ventrue seemed to have a better understanding of it.

Chuckling, “My mother would beg to differ about that one. She was never a fan of my art,” tattoos, “and I was more of a tomboy than the prime and proper girl she wanted to raise me to be. She didn't want me to enter the family business, but my father did.” A daddy’s girl through and through.

“That’s wonderful that you were able to enter a field you are so passionate about. It defiantly makes a job more enjoyable.” She still wasn’t sure about her current ‘job’. It wasn’t as easy a Asa had made it look, that’s for sure.

Now comes the look of surprise, “Now then, not something I was expecting to hear. I’d be more than happy to take you out shooting some night if you wanted. I tend to stick with open fields away from prying eyes,” cause she was recognizable now, “and with a more laid back feel.” She enjoyed her guns and the chance to shoot with someone who had shot before sounded great to her.

“I enjoy Beethoven mostly, his 7th Symphony being my personal favorite. I often have it playing when I need to take a moment to myself and clear my head. But Chopin’s Minute Waltz is a phenomenal piece, the passion can be felt in each note.” And she liked classical music?

Looking back to Lina and Davis, she gestures to the seats.

8. Likes JonReeves liked this post
    J
    John Davis

"Pleasure ladies." Tipping his hat and tapping his cane. "Why yes, I do believe we will join you. I would love the opportunity to get to know y'all better."

Davis stepped aside gesturing for Lina to take a seat. It would be interesting to see which seat she would take in the booth. The one next to the Doctor or the one next to the Prince? Secretly he hoped she would take the one next to the Prince and save him further awkwardness.

Taking the remaining seat Davis tries to explain away the awkwardness from before. "Sophia, you say, 'fraid I didn't catch that the last time we met." Davis made a mental note of the Prince's familiar label. It still irked him so about being so familiar but anything to keep up the masquerade.

"Ah, that bit at the door. I had this sudden urge as if being summoned back outside..." a plausible excuse, his clan possessed such gifts, "... however Lina here provided sufficient diversion for the notion to pass. Bless her heart she may have saved me from some horrible fate."

Was Lina Daeva? Could it be plausible she had mastered that to the point of summoning those she desired? If so, did I just expose her to suspicion of using the gifts of the blood on other Kindred? Perhaps. Only the reaction of the Prince would tell.

Listening to the Doctor and the Prince talk, Davis' interest peaked at the words of shooting. "Did I hear correctly? Are both of you practitioners of the hand cannonry? I myself am a gifted marksman and would love to accompany you the next time you go. Perhaps we can compare equipment and practice our skill."

L
    Lina Moretti

Lina slid into a seat (indeed, the one next to the Prince!), her forearms finding the tabletop as she reached for the menu. Some of this shit was well, well above her meager means. There were good times and there were bad times financially, and while she could afford some things, she'd been without a steady Kindred patron for a while. The investments only went so far.

She chuckled at Davis, even as she tamped down on the urge to be far, far from the mightier Beasts at the table. "John's hilarious. He was telling me all about how he was looking for me and hoping to find me here. Well, speak of the devil, I guess?"

If he was going to be full of shit, the least that could come from it was amusement.

"Guns... wanna see something hilarious? Put one in my hand. I'd miss the broad side of a barn. I'm the worst shot."

She laughed. Well. It was going to be Bulleit bourbon tonight. The perfect cheap drink to ignore to justify her taking up space in the social establishment.

R
    Rebecca Simmons

As they reached the booth, it became clear it would be a game of musical chairs. But who would decide on the honor of sitting next to the Prince? She watched as Davis made way for Lina and Rebecca almost scoffed. Almost. Was the man truly of the First Estate? Rebecca relished the opportunity to spend time with Ale, a woman she was becoming more and more fond of by the moment, and he would allow another to take lead? But it didn't bother her. Sitting next to Rebecca put her in more control anyway.

And not only did he allow Lina to choose, but then Ale called him out for his apparent attempt to flee. As she listened to his explaination, she wondered how much was true and how much was an excuse. Lina's words seemed...telling. With a pleasant and happy smile she said, "well let's all be grateful that Lina here was there to save you from utter embarrassment and disaster. Who knows what would have happened if that 'sudden urge' to flee had been successful." Search as he might, he would find no malice in her words. With how quickly his attempt to hide had been thwarted, she was sincere in her belief that Lina had saved him from a worse social fate.

Focusing back on Ale she said, "There's nothing wrong with not being the stereotype. My mother was actually the one who originally got me into chemistry. She firmly believed that science was not the realm of men alone and that I could do anything I set my sights on. It was my Father though who fostered that knowledge and encouraged my potential." She couldn't imagine what her life would have been like if her mother hadn't supported her intellectual research. Then again her Sire saw to it that she was prim and proper, whether she wanted it or not. Funny how life worked out.

"I would love to go shooting with you, Sophia," she said, only to hear Davis join in. Why was she not surprised that he'd be interesting in comparing the size of his 'equipment'? "Don't worry Lina, I may know how to shoot, but I'm no marksman. Maybe Sophia can help train us both. Of course I presume you'd want to come as well Mr. Davis. Would it be interesting if you two ended up having a friendly competition?" Quite interesting indeed.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

The famous sitting game. Who would sit where? Who would grow a pair and sit near the Prince?

“Outside of work it’s my preferred business name.” she hadn’t busted her ass to build her criminal name for nothing. No one she dealt with outside of Elysium knew her as Alessandra, it was Sophia.

A sudden urge of being summoned outside? Was he serious? She wasn’t sure she bought the story, but wasn’t about to ruin a good evening picking it apart. Let him have it.

“Well how lucky for us.” Purred the Italian. “Have to be careful of those sudden urges, danger lurks around every corner.” And that was all she would say on the matter.

Hand cannonry? Was that a word?

“I’ve never claimed to be a marksman, but I am one hell of a shot my with guns.” Yes, guns, plural. It just so happened she wasn’t carrying them tonight. While she was licensed and legal to carry them both, she often didn’t when it wasn’t business. “If Miss Simmons is ok with you joining us, I don’t see a problem with it. Just be aware that I use a field on the outskirts of town with regular targets. So it’s not as pretty and easy as at a professional range.”

Seemed Lina wasn’t afraid to sit next to her.

Smirking to the Daeva, “So you were the danger pulling him outside?” her tone actually playful.

Chuckling, “Well, I wouldn’t put my guns in your hands, I’d put something smaller and easier to handle. But you’d be surprise how well you can do with the correct instruction. Not as hard as it looks once you know what to do.” She’d helped a few learn the basics.

Eyes listen with amusement at Rebeccas words. She had the right idea.

A nod, “Sounds like a smart woman. My mother didn’t want me in the family business, claimed it wasn’t the proper place for a lady. But the family business was far more entertaining and interesting than being a trophy wife and keeping my opinions to myself. Amazing how our upbringing shapes our lives.”

And seemed Rebecca was game for shooting.

“I certainly can, I’ve done it in the past for others and actually enjoy it. I would just need to pick up some smaller guns for you each to practice with. Not that I’m opposed to either of you shooting my personal guns, but they are rather large and pack quite a punch, not the best to learn with.” A sly smile.

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread