Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

H: 5'8"
    Misc: speaks with a light French accent

+1
    SL
    PRE

The crowd formed and rushed around the Daeva with political clout. Each petitioned in their own way. Clara only gave a momentary sidelong glance at Lina for her status as a Dragon. Clara refocused on Vivian and felt something resembling sympathy. Clara then watched Taft with attentive eyes and gave a tactful "Oui, oui" to his answers in her direction.

The French Daeva had her head tilt towards York. "Seneschal York. Seems you've got a following forming that requires your delicate touch. Should you require any assistance these short summer nights, please do not hesitate to call on me." Clara wistfully wondered what the woman was like apart from Court. She shrugged off the thought as she lifted her gaze and gave each of the Kindred assembled in the group a polite general nod in their direction. All the while she restrained the psychotic Beast desire for spilling blood.

Clara took a step apart from the forming Kindred in a move that left the siren in the orbit of the forming Predators but with a stance that leaned towards an exit.

OOC Note

R
    Rebecca Simmons

An unacknowledged Daeva Dragon, and now, not only another Dragon, but a Ventrue too. Funny really. Twist had just told her there were no other Ventrue. Who would have thought that in a city with no Lords, they would both arrive on the same night. It didn't help that her Catalyst was begging to run from the whole conversation now that another strong beast had arrived. All she had to do was stay calm though. "Ah, so there are other Lords in the city," she said quite pleasantly to Aaron van Valen . "That's very good to hear. I imagine we'll have much to talk about in the future."

While Rebecca waited for her turn to speak, she took the opportunity to observe. It would seem that Vivian was very much the social type, with talk of adventures and an apparent desire to meet new people.

Rebecca quickly picked up on Lina's mention of research. She imagined that was quite important to a Dragon, but she was always curious about what that research would entail. Could it pass through some of the same channels she herself would pass? Only time would tell.

The one that Clara had identified as Priscus Taft revealed that Vivian's ascension to the position of Seneschal was apparently quite new. How interesting. As was his response. "Well, Priscus Taft I believe?" she asked, hoping she had actually heard the name right. "It's good to hear you have such confidence." Her friendly tone hide the concern in her heart. What could these threats be? It would seem her information network would have to take priority over her other endeavors.

It then seemed as if Clara would be making an exit soon. While Rebecca would prefer to get to know everyone in the group, she appreciated that it may lead the way towards the impending mass Acknowledgement they seemed to be leading towards.

V
    Vivian York

My days of having a nice quiet conversation at court are over it seems. She said in her head with a boisterous laugh buried inside.

"Good evening to you Madam Simmons. A pleasure to meet you this evening." She smiled at the distinguished woman. She was pretty in her own right, but like her clan's nature, her presence did hold command.

"Ms. Moretti, I thank you for the offer of a Boon, but as you will find out in a moment. The Laws state that it would cause the Prince great displeasure for charging that, or anything for facilitating Presentation." Nodding a little to agree with the Mekhet. "Mr. Taft is correct, it's very subjective."

Her head turned toward yet another new voice, his eyes seemed to see right into her. This was intriguing, but she would have to know more later. "Good evening, Mr. van Valen. Acknowledgement will be yours before the night is through." The Daeva too said this with great confidence.

"Thank you Ms. Verne, perhaps you and I shall have a tête-à-tête soon? My only favor tonight is that if you see anyone else who is new to the Domain, direct them over here." It was a common enough French term, though Vivian didn't use it very much. With Clare leaving, she looked at Lawrence a moment, perhaps her eyes lingered more than they should have, a strange uncertainty for him not to leave. Then a raise of a brow, questioning if he'd leave as well.

Clasping her hands in a attentive manner, from her pocket, Vivian pulled out a piece of quick dissolving paper, carefully, Vivian unrolled the small scroll and then unfolded the thin paper and at the top it said Laws of the Domain. It appeared to have been freshly rolled and hand written, but nothing was left out. The task may have been tedious to some, but this is how she preferred to do it, on paper that was quickly flammable or easily disposed of for more reasons than she could explain.

On a side table by the wall near where they stood, Vivian slowly moved and placed her copy there. "These laws were put in place for not only your safety, but for purposes of the Masquerade. If you would please all read through them and ask any questions you may have. Some of them may need more clarification, but I assure you, I will explain to the best of my ability." Then, she skirted out of the way and to the side of Lawrence while they all read through the list.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable bring another newcomer, Jason Mills over to the group and waits for a break in the conversation to introduce him.

L
    Lina Moretti

Taft staring at her was noted. So too were his words. "Sure, makes sense, peace is always complicated in our existences," she replied wistfully, both to him and York. "And I appreciate that, Seneschal. Thanks." She met the Priscus of Shadows' staring gaze for a long moment before tearing her attention away to the Laws of the Domain.

The small Dragon took her time with the reading, making sure all of the Laws were something she could agree to. She noticed the 'he', 'him' pronouns - had the new Prince simply maintained the old Laws? And there it was - the reason that the Seneschal hadn't taken her Prestation.

"I'll agree to follow those. They're quite reasonable."

She took a step back to allow everyone else who was seeking Acknowledgment the opportunity to view them. Her hands found her pockets and the little Dragon stood by.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

There are a lot of impressions at the same time, however, Aaron does his best to address everyone. He responds to the man just called Priscus Taft, 'Yes. It seems to be so. Who knows what energies brought us here.' "Us" being him and the other Dragon woman who apparently just arrived.

However, it is too crowded to make a real conversation. He smiles to one other Ventrue currently in Court. 'I could not agree more. Please, accept my card, we should contact each other soon,' even before his sentence is finished, he offers her one.

Family is important. That is, Clan Ventrue makes it so.

When the Seneschal speaks up, his entire focus is on her. 'That is great.' As he reads the Laws he finds few surprises on there. The section on personal Domain seemed quite small, but he would ask about that later.

Without any reasonable choice in the matter, he agrees, 'I will follow these laws, Seneschal York.'

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

Simmons is answered with a nod. Miss York seems to agree. "Take it with a grain of salt." he adds, not bothering to elaborate. Having personally witnessed a newcomer's demise in the name of protecting the Domain, he wouldn't be the least surprised if another fell soon. Violence and accident are the only means to kill one of their kind, so fate seems to find humor in making this happen. Often. If 'she' didn't, Taft suspects the entire world would be populated with bloodsuckers.

Dark eyes betray amusement as York takes to the roll of acknowledging these newcomers amid banter and small talk. Duty and purpose find a way, don't they? Speak of the devil...

A man in a black hooded sweatshirt accompanies Priscus Wood to join the group. Thus far silent. Which may be a testament to his intelligence. Or his patronage, perhaps. Still, the spider coils about itself in hie breast - reacting to the threat of another predator of his own caliber.

After a moment, he asks "And who is this?" The question is posed to Wood but his eyes quickly seek out the newcomer.

Valen's response earns a ghost of a smile. Here is a man with an open mind. Or, at least, one not bogged down with the dogma belonging to the Circle and the Lance.
    Health | Willpower | Vitae

R
    Rebecca Simmons

As Vivian extended her welcome, Rebecca responded with a smile, "A pleasure to meet you as well."

She watched Aaron's fluidity in presenting his card immediately on cue. She accepted it without hesitation, though there was some mental hesitation if she should give a card in return. But she was in the presence of the only other family member in town, and it would be foolish to show any hint of weakness. Reaching into her pocket she pulled out an old business card that read:

Doctor Rebecca Simmons
    Doctor of Pharmacy
    Director Clinical Pharmacology and Pharmacometrics

Flipping it over she wrote a number on the back. "I apologize, this is an old business card. As you may expect I'm in transition, having just moved here. But the number on the back is my direct line. I look forward to us speaking." How would a meeting between two Lords go when there was no current Priscus? A two Lord meeting would be interesting to say the least, and possibly tense. Of course none of those concerns broke through the friendly mask on her face.

As Vivian spoke Rebecca watched and listened very closely. After Lina, then Aaron looked over the laws, Rebecca picked the paper up herself. It was exactly as she expected, though she wondered who this 'Asa Clarke' was and when he left. Was it a violent revolution or a peaceful transfer of power? Only time would tell. But if the laws were being shown to the three of them, they must have been adopted by Prince Alessandra. "I have no questions and I pledge to follow the laws Seneschal York."

As they finished their pledges, two newcomers approached, though they seemed to focus their attention on Taft. Would they also need to be acknowledged? The woman caused Rebecca to second-guess her ability to stay. There were many strong Kindred in the city. How could see remain composed at all time. The other, waiting close by, caused her Catalyst to desire blood, possibly for some experiment. It would be foolish to indulge now. Remaining composed was the only true route. Especially after she was so close to being accepted into the city.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Priscus Taft, I would like to present Jason Mills. He is new here and I thought I would help him find his way over to you." Mable flashes a bright smile.

To Jason, "I will leave you in the very capable hands of Priscus Taft. And remember, I'm around if you have any other questions for me."

Striking Looks
    (Enticing Vixen)
    Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

H: 5'8"
    Misc: speaks with a light French accent

+1
    SL
    PRE

Clara joins the main thread.

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last