Ended
Watch

(1806) Whip, Shadow, & Fun

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
    R
    Rebecca Simmons

She watched as Taft shifted away from the group to the other side of the room, Mills following after him.

Rebecca bowed her head slightly to Vivian as she made the announcement that they were welcome to the Domain. "Thank you so much Seneschal York. I don't have any questions about the laws, but I am curious about some good places of culture. I've heard about the Crocker Art Museum but was curious if you know of any other events or locations?" Many times, those in power enjoyed to mingle culture and money, and Rebecca was certain to take advantage of that combination.

She then watched as both Lina and Aaron offered their thanks. If Rebecca had needed to breathe, a sigh of relief would have escaped. She was now Acknowledged.

V
    Vivian York

Nodding as Aaron dismissed himself, the newly Acknowledged seemed less of a problem than some other recent neonates. It made her giddy that no one seemed to be a challenge, at least tonight.

"Ms. Moretti, I thank you kindly for your information. I am definitely in need of a night out to unwind and just chat without business relations." She chuckled, but was serious. The Daeva hadn't had so much responsibility in a long while. It wasn't that she couldn't handle it, but it was a quick wave of crazy.

"We may need to have a family gathering soon, Ms. Moretti. I will speak with the Archon to see if the theatre would be available to host such at thing."

"Speaking of which, Madame Simmons, the Ballo Della Notte theatre is run by the Archon. There has been many wonderful shows put on there, and if you are culturally interested in such things, you may enjoy taking in an evening there. Some other places are the Shady Lady Saloon, for a quiet drink or chat. Its a relaxing speakeasy sort of atmosphere, but not owned by any Kindred." Vivian half debated on buying it from time to time.

"In the summer, there are many themed events that run into the evenings at the local parks. Some have music, some art and so on and so forth."

"Besides cultural things, what else interests the two of you? I'm sorry if I am asking you to repeat yourselves, but what Domains were you in previously?" Laughing a little at herself. "The rush of all that were new this evening was like a tidal wave." The Succubus didn't have an eidetic memory, and she wasn't afraid to ask someone to politely repeat themselves. She wasn't perfect, and didn't expect that of anyone. But, she did expect someone to be respectful and learn from their mistakes.

L
    Lina Moretti

Moretti was going to get on out of there, but it seemed like the Priscus wanted to chat. No harm in sticking around. "Family meeting? Any time." She was curious about what theater York meant, but the ginger beauty filled them in. That sounded pretty cool. At some point, she'd have to check that out.

"Umm, well, I resided in LA most recently. Decided to move north to be closer to where I grew up," she said, unconcerned about revealing the fact that she wasn't old as balls. "I'm into athletics and whatnot. Hiking. Running. Kayaking. But I like a good show. Musicals are fun."

She totally needed to see Hamilton sometime.

"How about you, Priscus?"

R
    Rebecca Simmons

The Archon. Rebecca's eyes flash over to Twist for just a moment. "I would love to check out the Ballo Della Notte theatre at some point. It would certainly be a wonderful break from my work." Rebecca had to allow herself to enjoy things other than science from time to time. Not to mention the potential contacts at the Archon's theater...

"I previously lived in Miami. It's where my Sire was from originally and missed it greatly. Then I decided I needed to make my own path in life and found my way here," she said with a pleasant smile. Her mask concealed perfectly the hidden memories of why she had to leave at all. "But beside culture I spend a large portion of my time working. See, I create and prepare pharmaceutical medications and work with the local hospitals to distribute them. It's work that requires a steady hand and keen mind but I find it very fulfilling." The only thing Rebecca enjoyed more than expanding her web of connections was developing the chemicals that she used those connections to distribute.

V
    Vivian York

"Ahh, Los Angeles." She said as a memory twirled in her eyes. "I did stop by there before Sacramento. Granted, I'm from Toronto, but LA didn't have an appeal for me. I still can't put my finger on why." Perhaps Lina's time in the city and opinion may give the Daeva some insight.

Of course when the Ventrue said work, it piqued her interest. "Really, pharmaceuticals. That's impressive in my opinion. Although, it can also be very profitable." She softly chuckled. Vivian noticed since coming to the States that drug companies seemed to be profiting more than any Canada or England for that matter.

"As far as what I do for entertainment." Softly chuckling. "It took me a while to find out what I liked to do. I spent years working for others, and barely any 'me' time. So now I go to plays, parties, clubs, dive bars and shopping. But, I like the boutique shopping versus the chain stores. They even stay open later on occasion if politely requested." She grinned like a cheshire cat. "I'm not like a typical Daeva, from what I gather. My talents were used elsewhere. So, I don't sing, dance, act or any of that. Yet, I absolutely love watching and observing."

"Swimming is about the only athletic sort of thing I do. Mostly because of bathing suits."

"I'm sure I would have fit in well in Miami." She cheekily grinned to the Ventrue. "Yet, I feel like being in the more northern parts, the heat would have reminded me of something... unpleasant..."

L
    Lina Moretti

Moretti smiled and relaxed a little as the other ladies chatted about their pasts. In truth, she was intending to go home shortly, given the time and the evening's dramas, but it never hurt to get to know people. Her Priscus sounded connected, and in her line of work, being connected was valuable.

"Well, tell you what. I'll come shop for a more, uh, dressy wardrobe if you come for a bracing river swim. I bet you're used to some cold, being from Canada and all."

She chuckled to herself, and resisted the urge to ask if Vivian was aboot to go get a Tim Horton's vanilla dip donut and a Diet Coke or something. Canadians. They had such funny accents.

Then again, Viv didn't sound like a Canuck.

"Heat reminds me of heatstroke. Anyway, ma'am, I'd best be off. Lot of setup to do, given the new Acknowledgment. I'd like to get out of a motel."

She offered a shake to both ladies.

"Priscus. Doctor. Call me any time."

With that, Lina Moretti exits the scene.

R
    Rebecca Simmons

Lina was from Los Angeles. Vivian was from Toronto. The information entered Rebecca's mind to be filed away, as all information should be. She smiled as the Seneschal/Priscus complimented her trade. "Why thank you. And yes, quite profitable. But that's more of a bonus since I enjoy the work so much."

"Oh wow," said. "You certainly do know about the local culture and entertainment. I actually need to find some good stores to help supplement my wardrobe. Moving can lead to an unfortunate amount of downsizing."

Looking to Lina she said with a smile, "I can't even remember the last time I went swimming, let alone in the river."

Rebecca chuckled softly at their comments about the heat. "The weather is certainly something that one has to get used to. I found that the harder past is the length of night during the summer. It never quite felt long enough."

Rebecca accepted Lina's handshake and said, "It was a pleasure to meet you Lina. Good luck with setting up." She didn't know what the woman had in mind and now certainly wasn't the time to pry.

V
    Vivian York

"We will catch up soon, Ms. Moretti." She nodded as the cousin left for the evening. Vivian looked forward to some swimming and shopping, which she'd never say no to doing.

"It has been a while since I have been swimming in Sacramento. I'm not very skilled, but can at least keep my head above water. Not that it truly matters." She chuckled softly.

But about a wardrobe, the Daeva could relate. "Coming from England, and then staying in Toronto for a long time, I had to change some of my wardrobe around. Now, Toronto and England aren't necessarily cold all year, but cooler than Sacramento. So having two wardrobes was very strange. Yet, you will have the reverse problem, unfortunately. Remembering to switch the wardrobe is probably the most challenging since we don't have the obvious problem of being too cold or too warm."

"I remember my first completely hot day here. I was still in a sweater dress. Granted, it didn't cover much, but I got a few looks. It helps that I'm thin to get away with the 'oh, she must be chilly all the time' thing."

"Moving out here, I didn't downsize my wardrobe. I had it shipped here from a friend in Toronto. It took a few months so that it didn't look suspicious at all."
    She laughed and shook her head.

"But, we should catch up another time, just you and I. There are some other things to discuss, more business related sadly. The daystar is upon us soon."

R
    Rebecca Simmons

With a slight chuckle Rebecca said, "who would have ever imagined that one of the biggest concerns for Kindred was making sure they dressed warm enough in the winter and cool enough in the summer? One of the hardest things in Miami was finding professional attire that worked in the heat. One can't have a full suit on all the time down there without standing out." Rebecca genuinely found the topic humorous, while understanding the possible consequences for failure.

"Maybe I'll reach out to a friend back in Miami to send the rest some time. And I appreciate the advice. I'll stay away from sweater dresses on hot days." A part of Rebecca was a little jealous though. She imagined that, even if she stood out, that the woman must have looked ravishing nonetheless.

"So true, we definitely need to meet again and talk, hopefully before next court. I really should excuse myself for the night though. Thank you again for Acknowledgement Seneschal York." With that Rebecca bowed her head politely and left Vivian.

Rebecca goes back to main thread

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread