Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

H: 5'8"
    Misc: speaks with a light French accent

+1
    SL
    PRE

Clara maneuvered herself to Vivian's side with a quick step and wave to Taft. "Bonsoir, Priscus Taft! I hope you wouldn't steal such a beauty from my side without the courtesy of a hello and petit papotage." Clara felt compelled into the fray by York and, when called upon, wilting might well be a political death sentence. A bit of boldness and even cheek served to put on a brave face and maybe even entertain older vampires with ice in their dead hearts. Clara toyed with the hem of her tight dress absentmindedly and pulled the tight fabric down a little just past her mid-thigh. As if anyone here were interested in legs that weren't for biting.

Smiling like the cat that ate the canary, Clara suddenly found herself wishing she had a wine glass. Props gave her something other than Kindred ego to play with. "Well, Priscus Taft? Not used to dancing with more than one partner or...dancing at all?"

2. Likes , Vincent, liked this post
    V
    Vivian York

"Mr. Taft, I apologize if you thought I was leering or anything of the sort. I think I have just been remiss that I've never had the pleasure of officially speaking with you in some manner." Vivian wanted to tell him that she enjoyed the company of Mekhets, but that may be slightly untoward.

"Have you met Ms. Clara Verne yet, Mr. Taft?" The Daeva presented the woman to the Shadow. "She is fairly new in town and I had the pleasure to meet her on one of her first evenings in the Domain." There was a slight question on the words 'one of'. The woman could have been in town a slight bit longer, and just waited to survey the city first.

"They are very short, Ms. Verne. They often cut into my nightly affairs, as I'm sure they do for everyone else. How about you? What do you do on these short nights?" Vivian was very intrigued to hear her answer.

It was perhaps the first time someone had actually offered with any sort of assistance. A moment, she glanced at Taft but only to direct his eyes to someone. "I see you briefly met another of our Family this evening." Nodding briefly to Davis, who was about to be eaten alive by Twist meet the wonderful Judex and Archon.

L
    Lina Moretti

The small, salty gal who had been speaking with the Prince strolled over in the general direction of the Seneschal, Verne and Taft. She remained a couple paces back from their orbit, waiting for a break in the conversation. When one came that was a good time to say hello, she said, "Sorry if I'm interrupting -- my name is Lina Moretti. Her Majesty mentioned that it would be a great idea to meet you tonight, Seneschal York, if I wanted to meet some family and establish myself in town?"

She flashed a smile, glancing from each to each.

"It's nice to meet all of you. Please, don't let me derail your conversation. I can wait."

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

"Would you believe I don't know a word of French?" he asks, raising a brow just so to an aforementioned beauty. A tip of his head follows. If she had any idea how accurate her assumption was. Lucky guess or observation? "When one thinks of dance, I suspect they don't imagine one like me prancing around." A self-deprecating smile follows, for effect.

Dark eyes snap back to Vivian as she greets him directly. An observant one, this Daeva. For every instance he's found himself observing her, her eyes stare back. She may have served better belonging to different blood. "I take no offense." is his short, matter-of-fact answer. A smile plays at the corner of his mouth.

"Formally, no. Though I take it Miss Verne has overheard my name and title. Which in and of itself is a formality. Little more."
    A lie. Self preservation requires a degree of self-awareness: letting a weaker creature assume the title might be seen as a sign of weakness from himself. In the presence of such strong blood - on two fronts - Taft would avoid an overt show of vulnerability.

Taft takes a moment to digest Miss York's question - to the other Succubus. Small talk, on the surface. Not likely more, unless Miss Verne is bold foolish enough to take the bait and run with it.

An unblinking gaze follows Vivian's gesture. A nod. And the shadow of a cruel smile. "Your Colonel Davis? He's a man of the First Estate. I'm sure her Grace will receive him well."

The smallest tell of disquiet passes over his features at the approach of the easy-to-overlook woman who joins them next. Introductions follow, and Taft quickly dissolves the look in favor of one of passive interest. Family? Another Succubus. Their presence in the city has swelled considerably - seemingly in one night. Unlike the others in her family, she seems content to exist outside of the center of attention. Curious. She earns a quiet incline of his head, in greeting.
    Health | Willpower | Vitae

6. Likes Riks liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Enticing Vixen)
    Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

H: 5'8"
    Misc: speaks with a light French accent

+1
    SL
    PRE

Monsters. Butchers. They're the cancer of the city (EVERY city) and I'm neck-high in blood that I've--

Clara wore a face of serenity and a pose of playful self assuredness as she shifted her attention from participant to participant.

The Daeva Whip asked an innocent question. Clara turned and looked up at nothing in particular to recall the correct answer to the question. She then met York's gaze with bright eyes. "Oh, settling in is an adventure! I practically live on real estate listings looking for decent property! Once I'm properly settled with a respectable haven, you'll be the first to see it. Way, way too busy for distractions." She assured York while thinking about an unimportant college boy with gray-green eyes.

A Newcomer made Clara's skin crawl. The aura of the different Predators was manageable for the prim Daeva when they blended together in the background to one murderous hum, but everyone insisted on chatting. Including her. This new one's presence felt like a knife in her gut and Clara knew sweet release would be hers if she'd just rip the girl's head from her shoulders. "Welcome to Sacramento cousin," she said stepping aside to open the impromptu circle to Lina. "I'm Clara Verne. Charmed." York has the Family numbers to be a force in Sacramento. If we could all be made to agree on one thing and assuming none of us aren't...adopted, the smiling Daeva mused as she waved for Lina to come closer. "Where you coming from, cuz?"

The Shadow's words were carefully chosen one after another. "I could teach you, Priscus Taft. Dancing, French, what the rumor mill says about you when you're not around. If only you teach me how you answer questions without saying a thing! A skill a humble Daeva like myself would be most grateful to learn." Clara said with a pause and coquettish smirk. She then laughed and dismissed her words with a wave. "Sorry, just teasing! I overheard your title at the previous Court and would be remiss not to address you as such."

R
    Rebecca Simmons

Rebecca had left a conversation that was most assuredly quickly approaching disaster for at least one participant. She had no idea how it would end but now she was entering unknown territory. Nothing upended a conversation like two new participants, and as she approached she had caught the introduction of another new arrival. That one caused an uproar for Rebecca's inner Catalyst, along with the beast of the intense man standing nearby. Oh how she wished to rip them to shreds and hide their bodies in sulfuric acid.

The Seneschal and the Vixen's beasts on the other hand poured cold water on that burning fire inside her. She wished to flee from their presence, and the very conversation she knew she had to seek. The inner raging of the experiment within her was a very conflicting and confounding experience, but one she would control nonetheless.

After hearing them speak, it became clear that three out of the four were related. And Daeva it would seem if the one who introduced herself as Clara was to be believed. She hated that she would have to interject just as a member of the Seneschal's family was seeking acknowledgement, but there was no time like the present.

With a friendly smile Rebecca said, "I'm sorry to interrupt. Good evening everyone. I'm Madam Rebecca Simmons," adding a bow of her head at the end. Focusing her attention on Vivian she continued. "Seneschal York, when you have a moment. I'm a member of Clan Ventrue and Duchess Twist informed me that I should speak to you about Acknowledgement."

Her eyes drifted to Lina, but her friendly mask never faded. "Of course, only after Ms. Moretti. I wouldn't want to cut in line."

V
    Vivian York

"Miss Moretti." Vivian turned slightly to address the new Kindred who approached. "You are not interrupting at all. Being new to the Domain, it's good to meet anyone you can at first, as Ms. Verne said, settling in is an adventure." Agreeing with her other Cousin.

She always felt odd about addressing a different Clan's Priscus as Priscus, even if that was their only title. It was like calling a friend Dad, and it didn't seem to fit. "I find formalities intriguing, and they do have their appropriate place." A tilted nod of her head to the Shadow. "Mr. Taft, I was privy to know a former Priscus of the Shadows. I know a little of your Clan's prior history. But, perhaps that could be discussed at another time." Nodding to the new Blood in Court.

It occurred to the Daeva, with all the speaking someone did, Clare managed not to answer Vivian's question at all. She was probably remiss by Taft's charm, or that Lina arrived and broke her concentration. "And to add to Ms. Verne's question, what brings you to Sacramento, Miss Moretti?"

OOC Note

L
    Lina Moretti

Moretti smiles from each to each. It's pretty, like the rest of her, but not particularly dazzling. "Well, thank you, Priscus. I appreciate the welcome, and it's nice to meet you all," she said. Glancing at Clara and Vivian, she answered their questions.

"My last Domain was LA, but I'm actually from around here. Back in the day, I grew up in Sonoma. Wine country about an hour west of here. So it's kind of a homecoming, I guess? I'm with the Ordo Dracul. So I'm here to do my research, maybe help out some where I can and find a spot to settle down away from the big city. I'd like to seek Acknowledgment, and I'm happy to offer you a trivial boon to help me out with it if you'd like, Seneschal..."

It was a lot, all the pressing Beasts. Between hunger and the sheer number of new Licks, she found herself having to focus and center herself even as every bit of her screamed to flee. The Devil could scream all it wanted. The Dragon would transcend it, leash it and maintain control.

"How are things in Sacramento these days? Hopefully nice and peaceful...?"

She looked hopeful. There'd been enough horrors.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

With his hands folded and resting on his back, Aaron is next in line to approach the Seneschal. A large group had already gathered, which makes it slightly awkward. But the woman is in such a way beguiling that the whole situation appears quite natural. Her eyes alone could invite all of Court to turn towards her and they'd be happily waiting for her attention. The Lord studies her style for a second, as his Beast rattles in its cage. Not only because it is somewhat similar to his own attire, he much appreciates the way she looks.

'Hello.' He starts cautiously, also taking his time to exchange looks with the others present. There are weaker Kindred like the older looking reserved lady, the one of few other men with his intense gaze, and the apparently fellow Dragon arrival. Then there are those who his Beast finds more exciting to challenge: another beautiful woman whose friendly face he'd just as likely attack, and of course the Seneschal herself.

After letting everyone get used to his presence and feeling like he is no longer directly interrupting, Aaron can speak, 'It appears this is the best crowd to be among. Madam Seneschal York,' he offers her a respectful bow, then he addresses the rest of the group, 'fellow Kindred, my name is Aaron van Valen. Ventrue scholar of the Ordo Dracul.'

'I have been advised to seek Acknowledgement before the end of the night.' After stating his purpose here with a confident posture, he awaits their reaction with a smile.

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

Taft's curiosity is only rewarded with the exchange of small talk. Pity. It would have been amusing to witness Miss Verne flounder, and become less. Or bluster... and become lesser still. Miss York's own words add little to the value of the exchange. This night threatens to drag along at a snail's pace. Still, small talk is a part of the Danse. For some.

Miss Verne's comment on rumor mills succeeds in getting a reaction from him - a small tug at the corner of his mouth. Not a smile. Not quite. "I am never adverse to learning. Though I admit simpler things like dancing don't interest me, anymore." Nor French, for that matter: they would forever be remembered as a weak people in his eyes. When the entire world broke into war, for a second time, the French proved shortsighted. Putting all of their eggs in one basket. The Shadow smiles politely, putting aside his musings. "Previous Court. Of course." Had he missed her entrance in such a thing? The possibility exists. In a sea of beautiful women, the unremarkable leave the most lasting impressions.

Which may be why the arrival of an elderly woman (one turned past her prime) to their circle draws his attention. A Lord and member of the First Estate. Are there any Kindred that could match the pomp and self-importance of such a combination? This is, of course, merely an assumption. For all intents and purposes, this Madam Simmons seems much more subdued than the showy Colonel he'd mentioned moments ago. But not having been addressed directly by the woman, Taft remains silent.

His attention returns to Miss York when she speaks to him again. "Certainly. I've heard rumors that you've recently acquired a title, yourself." he interjects, his expression neutral but for a gleam in his dark eyes. "That would be appropriate, considering the recent arrivals." Who all at once demand your attention. His thought isn't bitter. Just a simple arrival at the conclusion that with so many new faces in the throngs, intimate conversation will be next to impossible.

As Miss Moretti speaks, Taft's eyes land on her again. He doesn't bother to avert them like a mortal shy of being discovered. He drinks her image.
    Not unattractive for all her smiles and gestures, but her appeal seems to lie in function over form - a body that suggests the capacity for grace. Or perhaps violence. But one statement grabs his attention more than any spoken in the circle so far: this woman is a Dragon. Like his former master and Prince. He'd been considering excusing himself to allow the Seneschal room to acknowledge the crowd, but now he cannot tear himself away. "The concept of peace is... subjective. There are dangers and enemies that lurk in the city. Personally, I feel confident that those of us who live their unlives here can handle these threats. Others may not agree." he interjects, breaking his silence.

The man who arrived earlier joins the group next. Hopefully last to do so... the Shadow can only focus on so many details at once. Individuals can be studied, but crowds are merely observed. Up until the point an individual ceases to be part of it. Rather than muse over this, he gives the man due attention. He has, after all, at least referenced Taft as he references the group. Taft's words are chosen carefully "I haven't encountered those of your order in the months I've spent here. Nature really does abhor a vacuum, doesn't it?" What he omits from the statement is the power structure that already exists. One that, until now, held a monopoly over Sacramento's politics.
    Health | Willpower | Vitae

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread