DISPLAYED
(Borderland) Buster's Hunt

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

This scene is reserved for tracking down the errant Gangrel Buster.

So far, you know he is of the Grangrel Clan with ties to the new Domain of Roseville. You know he is breeding dogs and grouping them. You know that is training / testing them in the local world of illegal dog fighting. And you know that Prince Saul of Roseville wants to talk with Buster.

But you don't really know where is...

Merits will come in handy here.

deltadream Twist @Takeda Cayce Krieg ErlangShen Psychangel

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist isn’t exactly stacked in the tracking merit department lol ... her plan had been to simply return to the dog fighting area of town. Any chance for this or should I let the others take point on this thread?
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

3. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Bump Yumyumcrow "Bump" this post
    K
    Krieg

Krieg will place a call to his Contacts: Digital Networks and Finance to pick up any info on Buster's car and what type of payments are associated with the account.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Twist deltadream

The place where Twist first encountered Buster is empty and neglected. Its slightly different too, so someone has obviously made some effort to cover their tracks. There is a mix of graffiti and fresh hobo signs carefully littered around the site. The Daeva will need to make an Intelligence + Larceny check to make any sense out of them, however.
    Krieg ErlangShen

The giant Acolyte will have to do some legwork for that. To whit, roll Manipulation + Subterfuge + Contacts.

NOTE: Single rolls only. No extended checks. You either find out, or you don't.

K
    Krieg

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-06-16 20:34:29 Krieg rolls 9 to Dig up info on Buster [Manipulation + Subterfuge + Contacts] 3, 1, 1, 2, 6, 8, 3, 10, 10 3 successes

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Krieg's contacts have some luck.

The giant Haunt's new friends in the Financial sector find nothing. Or at least, nothing on the searches they are prepared to make at this point.

Now the Haunt's associates among the white hat hackers and system admins have a much wider resource base to consult. They don't find much. No CCTV or anything like that, but apparently someone could leverage someone else quite easily and came up with the following nugget.

"So I know a guy. He kinda owes me because I introduced him to his wife. Anyway, we were playing poker at my place (long story) and while he was there I convinced him to do a little digging of his own. That car's current owner is Chad Merrick, registered in Arizona. Thing is, Chad Merrick has been listed as missing for a number of years now."

I just realised that this was an Allies type task, not Contacts. Still, I made the call, so you get something for your troubles.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-06-20 08:15:21 Twist rolls 4 to Finding Buster (Int + Larceny) (10 Again) 8, 3, 3, 9 2 successes
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

9. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Takeda Katsumi

Curse: Sakki (The projected Intent to Kill)

(WP)Willpower 1 Spent
    NOS
    PRE

Takeda did not have gum stuck to her shoes. Takeda had no smoky office, and felt no threat from the seductive intent of empowered women. Nevertheless, as Reeve, it was her duty to execute the Prince's will. Buster had trespassed, poached, and squatted. She find him and she would take from him pounds of his flesh. She would bring his limbess head and torso before her Prince before she entertained the Paper Tiger on the borders. She would have to find him first, though. The dogs were the best lead. If he fought them, others would know where he was, or where he would be.

Streetwise, 2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-06-21 08:39:29 Takeda rolls 4 to Legwork (Streetwise 2+manip1-2+WP) 1, 8, 10, 6 2 successes

Takeda Katsumi. Given Name: Katsumi. Nosferatu, Invictus.
    Curse: Sakki (The projected Intent to Kill)

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable arrives a little late to the place where the dog fights used to take place. She isn't surprised that they have moved on. She noses around a bit.

Sorry missed the mention somehow.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Mabel joins the exploration. Unlike Twist, the Gangrel's investigation doesn't bring up much of value.

Twist has enough presence of mind to work out the trail signs. Individually they are simply graffiti and hobo signs but if you put them together the right way... And are in the know... They provide basic directions to the next fight (and most importantly, when).

Takeda also gains this information. The Haunt has the presence of mind to go where her Sakki won't arouse too much comment. Even so, her murderous stare is enough to silence some of those she seeks. Tirelessly, the Haunt works the street until, like a prospector panning for gold, she is rewarded.

The location of the next dog fight. It is enough.

This time the fight will be on a rural property just beyond Roseville.

They have time. Do they dare?

I'll leave the scene flexible in case you wish to gather and plan as a group first
    ErlangShen Psychangel Cayce deltadream

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread