Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1806) Sanctuary 17

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last

0 Scenes

The Circle of Creation is a large imposing building of gothic architecture. It is an almost perfect replica of Westminster, but no one ever notices. Sleeper eyes slide over the building and only Awakened eyes can pierce the subtle occultation

Another day dawns, and the recreation of the famed abbey is as it always was, the Sanctuary of Sacramento's Awakened. A bastion and a beckon. Months ago the Magi lost the Reality War, months ago the Magi were few, battered against the tides. Now their numbers have grown, now they know they are not alone, now they worry and wait.

2. Likes Vincent, , Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella returns to the Circle. On this day he is dressed for the warming weather in a light suit of beige material, sans suit jacket. His waistcoat is all flash and one might well wonder if he has come from a social gathering of the local elite. Given the Moros wide ranging contacts, it is more than possible. He is lightly flushed and his hair slightly disheveled.

Finding his usual seat high in the registers of the replica Henry VII chapel, the Mystogogue takes the time to enjoy the solitude, the quiet, and the cool airs. This is a moment of peace to be savoured; the other Pentacle mages and their allies will appear soon enough.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

4. Likes Vincent, , liked this post
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    General Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense: 6 (3)

Active Spells: 3 / 6
    Base Paradox: 2 die
    Personal Spells
    2e Fortune's Protection
    (potency 8, +3 defense)

Temporal Eddies
    (potency 1, mage sight)

OCC
    PRE

"Uh, 'cuse me?" Knot calls out into the cavernously gothic cathedral.

In contrast to the first person he sees, he's dressed in loose-fitting second-hand clothing from some thrift shop, but the golden glyphs of both a rote and an improvised spell that twine around his left arm like braided rope make up more flash than any amount of jewelry could. He gestures with one open hand towards Campanella, and another hand off to his side towards the doorway he entered by. "I'm Knot. I just rolled into town, was hoping to meet with someone local before I settled down and shook out the dirt from the road."
    Active Spells: 2e Fortune's Protection (Rote), Temporal Eddies (Improvised)

J
    Judas

As Knot gestured to the doorway, almost as if sensing he was being beckoned, the door was thrown open as a giant of a man stood in the doorway. He only stood there for a moment before waltzing into the building like he owned the place, despite this only being the second time he had been here. Act like you belong and the rest will surely follow.

The heat of California summers hadn't quite arrived yet, so his outfit of choice was a pair of worn blue jeans and a red-and-white checkered button up with the sleeves rolled to his elbows. Sturdy, workable, dependable.

He was just about to procure a seat for himself, having already wandered past Knot, before realizing he DIDN'T actually know the few people already in the room. Of course he should've known not everyone might've attended last month's get-together, so it only made sense he hadn't met everybody yet. Still, quite the faux pas to strut in and not acknowledge the two strangers in the room. That needed to be rectified.

"Well greetings, my fellow willworkers!" His voice was a lovely baritone as deep as he was tall. "I must apologize, I was so lost in my own thoughts, I hadn't seen you there. I am Judas of the Watchtower of the Golden Key. I arrived last month from the Consilium of Tehran, I must've missed the two of you when last I came her. My apologies for being so rude."

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

The ride on the bus would have been uneventful if not for some lousy teenagers commenting about their latest Snapsomethings and for the smirking handlebar mustached hipster in the corner. How haggard he must have looked by comparison, with his scruffy face and unruly hair.

He stopped by the familiar gates of the Cathedral, a smile threatening to erupt from the wrinkles at the side of his mouth. He dismissed his spells, and vigorously patting his worn jeans and white shirt, trying to straighten any wrinkle, he made his way inside. Campanella and Aurora, if present already, would have waltzed through the nave like models on a glamorous catwalk. Still, the solemnity of the place urged some effort even on his account.

On his way to the chapel he stopped by the apse - a finger running over the beads of the rosary in his pocket - to pay his deference. Then, two familiar faces, Campanella and the unmistakable silhouette of the giant Judas. Among them, an unknown shorter man. "Hmm, zero effort", distrust and disapproval for the newcomer's impious attire.

8. Likes Dark Passenger, Benji, Cayce liked this post
    Bump Benji "Bump" this post

Epitaph
    Striking Looks
    (Death's Angel)
    Epitaph

Nimbus:
    When Epitaph draws upon the fearsome power of the Tower of Doom, the shadows grow deep and every living being appears to be horrifically rent in an orgy of grotesque murder.

Month Long:
    Death Sight pot 1
    Death Armor 2e pot 1

+1
    SL
    PRE

"This is my least favorite life..."

The words drifted through the doors of the cathedral, half spoken and half sung, the sound carried up into the vaults of the cathedral to disappear like mist before the sun.

"The one where you fly and I don't
    A kiss holds a million deceits
    and a lifetime goes up in smooooke..."

A black shrouded spectre followed the voice through the doors, an inhumanly pale woman with colorless pupils glided inside, a splash of blood red paint upon her lips and shadow above her eyes giving a hint of vibrance to the melancholic perfection of her appearance. She looked up, as though just now realizing that there were others in the Circle with her.

"Oh. Hello. You must be new."

10. Likes Dark Passenger, Benji, liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella shifts his seat. Not from surprise, so much as to take stock of the new faces. And to the Moros, they are new faces indeed.

A mirthless, but not malicious, smile cuts across his face as he nods toward Knot . The smile melts and is replaced by a blank stare as the Moros takes into account the giant stature of Judas . Winter receives a curt nod of respect and recognition.
    Epitaph receives something similar - but perhaps colder, more nuanced, and lingering.

"Campanella, a Moros on the Path of Doom." His voice was measured as he wondered just what the connections were between the gathered Awakened. And just how much he had missed wrapping up poor old Claus' estate. At least the Grimoire had been retrieved.

"Well. You've found the locals, I wager," he spoke more to Knot, but across the girth of the chapel he could have easily been speaking to Judas as well. "You're timing is impeccable. What is your Path, friend? Take a seat."

He extended a hand in a gentle gesture, indicating the registers that formed ranks on either side of the room.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

12. Likes Cayce, , Vincent liked this post
    Bump Benji "Bump" this post
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    General Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense: 6 (3)

Active Spells: 3 / 6
    Base Paradox: 2 die
    Personal Spells
    2e Fortune's Protection
    (potency 8, +3 defense)

Temporal Eddies
    (potency 1, mage sight)

OCC
    PRE

Knot steps aside to allow Judas to pass with a gesture. "Um, don't worry about it. And yeah, I'm new here. Just got into town new." He acknowledges Epitaph's statement with another gesture.

"I'm Knot," he says, leaning against the back of one of the pews, bracing one foot up against the seat of the one in front him and facing the rest of the group with his hands on the back of the pew behind him. "Acanthus, if the name wasn't a giveaway. Looking to settle down and start new around here, wanted to meet the locals and make sure not to step in it accidentally."
    Active Spells: 2e Fortune's Protection (Rote), Temporal Eddies (Improvised)

14. Likes Vincent, Cayce liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She’d learned that randomly stopping by the Circle was a good thing. Last time she had there had been new Awakened who showed up, always a good thing.

So the process was repeated today, but unlike last time, this time she remembered coffee. And enough to share with anyone else who might want some. And if not? Then more for her!

Today she was casual in old jeans and a lose multilevel white tank top. The weather was warming up and as such, it was time to break into the summer clothes once again! Which felt amazing to her, she hated when it was colder. Her long blonde hair had been braided off to the side and her makeup nonexistent today.

Walking in, she was pleasantly surprised to see a new face again! Plus returning ones, which were good too. They had seen too many Awakened come and go over the years.

A coffee cup was raised in greeting, “Hey guys.” Greets the Shaman as she walks into the room. The box of coffee was held up, “I remembered the coffee this time! Enough for anyone who might want some.” The smile genuinely friendly as she sips her own coffee.

Blue eyes turn to the new guy, “Hi! I’m Aurora, Shamam.” her tone friendly and upbeat. She then finds herself a seat.

16. Likes Vincent, Cayce liked this post

Langdon
    Doctorate
    Langdon

PRE

A soft tapping can be heard before Langdon returns to the main body of the Circle. Pen against notebook as the Mystagogue ponders over where Reality seems a bit soft. This town...

Then voices.

The pen slides into a pocket and the notebook neatly brought under an arm as the Moros makes for a straight line to Aurora . Dress slacks and a long sleeve button down, though with the sleeves rolled up are Langdon's attire for the day. "May I?" Once he is gathers a cup of coffee Langdon turns and looks around the room. "Langdon, Moros." The coffee is sipped with maybe too much enthusiasm.

18. Likes Vincent, Cayce liked this post
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread