(Fame: Criminals)
    Izayoi Goto

Called Koine Yoshida around Kine

Uses Mask of Tranquillity.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She matches his smile, with one of her own, before turning to his musings. "I've admitted by lack of understanding in the higher mysterious, and I can unashamedly admit my lack of knowledge regarding various lineages birthed not only by the Blood of the other Clans, but our Blood as well. Though I do know that while every Clan claims their dominion over the other in regards to their age, but it is undeniable that the Mehket are ancient." Though after her words are spoken she nods, it was a discussion for elsewhen.

"There would perhaps require a ritual or an amount of time in meditation to centre your mind, and calm the Blood. Focus your will. It would not be something undertaken lightly." sounding certain, but there is a question in the arch of her brow.

She dips her head in acknowledgement, "It would waste both of our time if I danced around the issue and my growing views upon it. It is only the pair of us, and while weaving webs of words calls to my blood, as it does yours, perhaps, now is not the time."

Her brows climb, "You have been completely barred from using your gifts upon any but the Domain's enemies and kine...." she shakes her head, then stops. An idea blossoming within her mind. "Though....there is a way. Perhaps to foster goodwill towards Her Majesty and Her Grace." pausing to order her thoughts. "Have you given thought to any of the Covenants?" she asks, and to a Shadow, she had shown her hand.
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae:

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

He shrugs - another casual gesture not usually displayed in public. Her admission doesn't make him think less of her. Such discussions can lead to discussions within discussions. Most of them bearing little progress. Speculation and theory.

"Less ritual, more daunting task."
    he explains "Given time and study, it could become easier. But for now, making such things permanent is akin to fishing without bait."

Taft's expression remains calm, even as the spider within prepares to spring "A similar thought occurred to me. Her Majesty seems steadfast in preserving the Laws of her predecessors. Our Prince is... not the most ambitious. My offers of power and leverage fell short. Greasing the wheels may be the only way to change that." Allies would improve his chance of lobbying support.

"Take this with a grain of salt: I may serve any Covenant in my bloodline's capacity. I believe in a bigger picture - one limited by divisive politics. Only an offer that furthers interests in this 'big picture' could persuade me to ally myself with one over another. And, as I'm sure you are aware, opening one door closes four others. Perhaps permanently."
    Health | Willpower | Vitae

3. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Coquettish)
    Striking Looks
    (Aristocratic)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Assassin, under the pseudonym Silhouette
    Izayoi Goto

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

"Ah," she breathes, relaxing as the conversation continues. "But as any skill the more practised the easier it is to accomplish, no?"

She shakes her head and offers the Spider a wry look, "I have yet to speak with Her Majesty alone yet, but I can say that she is...not what I expected of a Prince." depending on expectations this could mean a verity of things. "Koketsu ni irazunba koji wo ezu" she pauses to relate the idiom to it's English equivalent, "No risk, no reward. One would expect that a new ruler, of no relation to the previous one to shake the foundations of the Domain, to make it their own. Force it to adhere to their beliefs...to make it in their image," she says lazily without fire, she had seen this done a time or two in her many long years, she has a suspicion that Taft had as well. "Not to disparage our Prince....but her rule is built only on the foundations of the former Prince, it is was like steel and concrete for him. But he had years to make it thus. For our Painted Prince....it is more akin to sand. I wonder if she knows this. If she had, she would not have turned you away." she says softly, though as if it is fact.

She nods, an understanding twist upon her lips, "This might seem contrary, but the picture is vast, and always being added to. There needs to be those that view it without the restrictions a Covenant will place upon one's self."

5. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

Another dismissive - though not disdainful - arc. "As you say."

Dark eyes alight with mischief as he listens to Goto's words. Particularly as she relates the meaning of her expression. The Prince is much like a tiger. Tigers don't plan, or work the long game. They are sinew and coiled rage. How interesting to season their Italian Prince with such an eastern image. He may hold on to that one.

After a moment, he smiles. "An interesting creature, isn't she? But still... under the right circumstances, in the right time, I believe she may be swayed. There are thousands of avenues to explore beyond simply dangling power in front of her eyes. I am a patient man." He says this with a slow nod. Perhaps to himself. "When the time comes..." He doesn't finish the thought. Not immediately.

A marked change in his posture, energy, and expression manifests as he places a hand flat on the table between them. He straightens, and looks her in the eye intently. "Regardless of politics and which Prince holds sway, it is good to have allies. I've watched the Reeve make her blades sing in a dance of death. Blades similar to your own... She is implacable and stern. Respectable. Perhaps why I sought her out first as an ally." A beat. It's clear he's been stewing over this for some time. His head tilts ever so slightly. "And you share with her a heritage and a capacity for violence. But I also believe you are insightful. And though, by your own words, you have not delved into deeper mysteries as I have, I believe you could comprehend them if you did. We could accomplish much pursuing the same goals. You. Takeda. And I."

7. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Coquettish)
    Striking Looks
    (Aristocratic)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Izayoi Goto

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Her eyes are alight as his are, the general air of relaxed intensity, is a familiar one for Izayoi. The undercurrents of mischief, a pleasant surprise. Far too long had she not enjoyed this dance. Far to long had she been keeping company of kine and kindred not her Clan.

"All creatures are thus," she returns with a smile. "Drive and motivations. Dreams and memories, yes?" she says, perhaps finishing a thought, or at least circling around to the topic previous.

As all things in this night's conversation, the change in tone, in topic is accompanied by the shift in Taft's posture. With his innate intensity replacing the gentle air of mischief she readies herself for something far shocking them his lineage or their gentle teasing of the Prince.

She is not disappointed.

She allows the notion to roll and tangle within her own thoughts. Impressions. She had already bound herself by oath to Takeda-sama, and sought from the Prince the allowance for a tighter bond, twining honour with blood...but this. A formal alliance...it held promise.

Eventually she settles for, "I cannot speak for Takeda-sama," Returning his intense look with one of her own. "A haiku is three lines." and nods.

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

"Of course. It's certainly true of myself."

He hadn't been lying about his patience. He exercises it now, as he watches and waits for Goto's response.

"So it is. It might be prudent, then, to arrange a meeting. I don't believe the Reeve would refuse an audience with me... though I couldn't help but notice tension between you two at the start. Have things smoothed enough that we could speak cordially? The three of us?"

He asks much in his simple request. Their kind are more often than not solitary predators. But to limit oneself to solitude would close many more doors than it would open. Perhaps the two women would see this as well.

Presence
    (Coquettish)
    Striking Looks
    (Aristocratic)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Izayoi Goto

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She nods, an elegant dip of her head.

"We have spoken." she says, a slight smile upon her lips. Would it shock the Spider to discover just how much their relationship had changed? "She has made me her Deputy," she teases, "So I do believe we can work together." laughter is held within her oak brown eyes.

She shifts in her sheet, the perils of counterfeiting life.

"Does this conclude the evening?" she asks, wondering what else the Spider has hidden within his web.

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

"Deputy?" The word rolls on his tongue like a fine wine. How interesting. "I suppose that does constitute as an improvement." His eyes widen slightly and a smile plays on his lips. His amusement may not match Goto's laugh, externally, but it's clear situation has sparked him.

"It can." he says with a light shrug. "I won't keep you if you have other matters to attend. I believe we've covered some important issues. Thank you, Madam Goto, for meeting with me. I'm sure I've already expressed my appreciation, but it bears mentioning again." Manners and generally pleasant conversation prevent him from doing any less.

He slowly stands and prepares to see Goto off.

Might be good to wrap, considering circumstances.

Presence
    (Coquettish)
    Striking Looks
    (Aristocratic)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Izayoi Goto

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Izayoi rises, and offers a polite bow to the Spider.

"My thanks in ensuring this meeting was able to take place, and I will think upon your words for nights to come." she smiles, "As will this opportunity of an alliance." she bows again and seeks the door, their paid for time should be concluded by now, and the kunoichi did not wish to cause the Spider to pay for an hour more. Not when there was already so much to think about.

Sounds like a plan!
    This has been a fun scene no matter what happens

13. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread