Lorna Holmes
    (Around Sleepers)
    Barely there English Accent
    Allies
    (Unions)
    Lacuna

Any mage with the sense for it will note that Lacuna has a Destiny

Nimbus

At first, there is a soft rattling of chains tickles your ears, which increase in volume as the sound of something heavy scraping the floor echos out. The scraping grows louder, and now heavy measured footsteps a company the ominous cacophony...which you realize seems to come from everywhere, no matter the distance.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2
    Occult 2

Vulgar
    Active Spells: / 6
    Personal Spells:

(Paper Chace) 2eSpace Sight 2suxx,2eMindSight 2suxx,2eSpaceArmor1suxx DEF 5, Read matrices 2suxx, portal 8suxx |1vulgar 1 mana, 1 resistant bashing contagion in effect

(Grubs) 2eSpaceArmor1suxx DEF 5, 2eSpaceSight1suxx,2eMindSight2suxx, Portal 4suxx, Vulgars 1, | 4 Mana
    contagion in effect

+1
    SL
    PRE

She's slow. Heavy. Her head lulls, and her limbs don't want to move. Gasoline sticks to her, and the fumes cloud her perceptions. Slowly blinking she's aware of the knife pressing close to her restraints, cold even against her cold, poorly circulated body.

She huddles under the blanket. Absently regretting the mess she'll make of it. She signs, and fights to keep her eyes open.

She laughs, it hurts, but she laughs. Of course Hamia would think to offer coffee. Fuck, she was gonna miss her. "Wa-water.....yeah....th-that....would...be....gr-great." she croaks out, voice raw even if she'd swallowed what could have been screams.

Her eyes fall closed and she waits for the water.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

Hamia
    Striking Looks
    (Appealing)
    Presence
    (Guarded)
    Hamia

Nimbus:
    Vulgar magic causes Hamia's form to skip and stutter, as if each movement of each limb was recorded at a different time - then spliced back together.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hamia doesn't waste time and quickly snatches one of the motel's complementary coffee cups. She pries off the plastic wrapping and fills it from the bathroom sink. Moments later, she offers it to Lacuna. "Here, come on." With as much gentleness as she can muster, she hold the cup and helps the blonde drink. Regardless of whether Lacuna seems able to fend for herself, Hamia still keeps one hand on the cup.

"What... what the hell happened?" she asks, when she can no longer stand waiting any longer. The obvious 'what the fuck' factor had kicked in back at the firehouse. She'd been preoccupied, briefly, with ensuring Lacuna's safety but now she can hardly contain her curiosity. Her anger.

Time Armor 2E effects (when active): +3 Defense (works against firearms)/+0 Armor

3. Likes Cayce, liked this post
    Presence
    (Taciturn)
    Striking Looks
    (Statuesque)
    Lorna Holmes
    (Around Sleepers)
    Allies
    (Unions)
    Lacuna

Nimbus

At first, there is a soft rattling of chains tickles your ears, which increase in volume as the sound of something heavy scraping the floor echos out. The scraping grows louder, and now heavy measured footsteps a company the ominous cacophony...which you realize seems to come from everywhere, no matter the distance.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2
    Occult 2

Vulgar
    Personal Spells:

(Paper Chace) 2eSpace Sight 2suxx,2eMindSight 2suxx,2eSpaceArmor1suxx DEF 5, Read matrices 2suxx, portal 8suxx |1vulgar 1 mana, 1 resistant bashing contagion in effect

(Grubs) 2eSpaceArmor1suxx DEF 5, 2eSpaceSight1suxx,2eMindSight2suxx, Portal 4suxx, Vulgars 1, | 4 Mana
    contagion in effect

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hamia is a blur of anger and fear, considering her emotional charge, Lacuna wondered if she's spelled herself with Time to keep up that vibration.

"Thank you," she says after gulping her water down. It was cold, and smooth and she knew that the tap water in this place sucked, it was brown half the time, but it was still nice.

Her thumbs fiddle with the edge of the cup.

"Just...just my pasts ramming into me like a macktruck." she shutters out a breath, drops the cup off on the side table and starts wiping herself off with the blanket. She needed a shower. "I need to get a head of this. Someone wants me, dead or turned....it's not a supernal threat. I not going to involve you. Any of you." the consilium. She shakes her head, standing, and martching off to the shower stall, she leaves the door open as she turns on the water. "I'm going to hit the road after I eat. Would you keep my things for me," she yells from the stall. admitting her decision to leave, while also promising to come back.

Hamia
    Striking Looks
    (Appealing)
    Presence
    (Guarded)
    Hamia

Nimbus:
    Vulgar magic causes Hamia's form to skip and stutter, as if each movement of each limb was recorded at a different time - then spliced back together.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hamia gives Lacuna a gentle smile. Any amount of relief - even granted through shitty motel tap water - warms her. Tells her she hasn't failed in some spectacular way. But its a frail, shallow comfort. Her friend could have died. Her cabal could have ceased to exist.

And there it was... Lacuna's past. Hamia respected her too much to pry into it. It's a form of empathy for those who wish their pasts to remain in the past. And private. Still, she can't help shaking her head. "Nonsense." she says quietly, but firmly. "Do you really think I won't track down whoever did this and... and..." God those were ugly thoughts. She'd killed before, sure. Out of necessity. To survive. Vengeance is a different animal. One she isn't keen on confronting.

The brunette watches the blonde make her way to the shower. Faint traces of shameful desire linger as her imagination takes her... places. But she shakes her head, to herself. Now isn't a 'sexy' kind of time. "Of course." she calls out. She means it, even if she doesn't understand the need for it. "As long as you promise to pick them up. I'll keep them at the firehouse. They'll be safe there." She'd make sure of that. The promise of defending someone else's property seems to strike truer in her heart than the desire to seek Lacuna's assailants out and make them pay. Slightly. It's comforting, on a moral scale.

Time Armor 2E effects (when active): +3 Defense (works against firearms)/+0 Armor

6. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Taciturn)
    Striking Looks
    (Statuesque)
    Lorna Holmes
    (Around Sleepers)
    Allies
    (Unions)
    Lacuna

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2
    Occult 2

Vulgar
    Personal Spells:

contagion in effect

+1
    SL
    PRE

The neargiantess pulls open the shower curtain, uncaring of her nakedness, and glares at the Talon. "Fuck no." she growls. Eyes flashing like the sea, "No, this is on me. My shit. I'll keep it away from you. I'll-" she rakes a meaty hand through her wet locks. Shoving her body back under the spray, and tugging the curtain as she goes. The conversation topic drops. Silence booms loudly under the repetitive artificial rain.

The shower cuts off and the Mastigos grabs a towel, dries off. Or tries too before she snags a new change of those and efficiently puts the articles on.

She nods at the knowledge that her memories will be taken to the firehouse, she pulls over a chair, sits then pulls over the box. Instead of promising again and again that she will come back, she opens the cardbpard folds and pulls the first thing out, "My daughter's name was Abigail" she begins, "This is Mr. Fish," she says, tugging loose a pink and purple felt bear. "These are the mother's day and birthday cards she made me....her baby teeth....baby blanket...lock from her first hair cut...." and on it went, the Mastigos trusted the Protector to safeguard her heart, and when every inch and little detail was spoken of, Lacuna packed everything away. Snagged a granola bar and her go bag. Offered the Talon a hug, and worked her magic once more.

The Lie of Space, hands work and grey glyphs form, the Lie is cut. Lacuna steps through, offers a serious nod, and grim smile lasting only a moment before Hamia is alone in the motel room for the first time.

8. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread