Jun 25, 2021 - Jul 19, 2021
Glutton Guts
Jun 25, 2021 - Jul 12, 2021
(2106) Solstice Chill
Jun 29, 2021 - Jul 19, 2021
Summer's Respite
Jun 29, 2021 - Jul 20, 2021
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last

Mariel dressed carefully and very conservatively in a black suit she'd purchased new for the occasion. She had perked up the drab black with a Japanese silk scarf that was bright with red, black, and white calligraphy. Because her wardrobe had already been limited, she was faced with the unpleasant prospect of purchasing new clothing which was destined almost immediately for the ragpile- this due to the disciplinary action handed out at Court by the Prince of Sacramento.

She headed for the Avalon, hoping to meet with the Prince. Father Cordwood was, typically, nowhere to be found. More like Father Deadwood, really, she thought, furrowing her brow. He had simply disappeared, and no one had heard from him for some time.

It made Mariel nervous not to have priestly backup, but she didn't have much choice. She had asked Madison to accompany her, but these days the Lancea Paladin was very busy with striking a deal to get a new church open for the Kindred community. Hopefully, she'd be able to drop by, but Mariel didn't hold out much hope.

She entered the Avalon.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Olivette waited at the bar, approaching Mariel as she entered. "Good evening Miss Fitzerald, will you follow me, please?"

Leading the way to the back, she takes a set of private stairs to the upstairs, stopping in front of an unmarked door. Knocking once, she quietly opened it, and stood aside for Mariel to enter.

Dark woods covered the walls, and the office was dominated by a burgundy semi-circular couch framing an oversized round ottoman. On the opposite wall was a large flat television, and in the back, a large mahogany desk with a leather-covered top. Bookshelves framed the desk area, and the room was indirectly lit from a tray ceiling. Further inspection showed the television hung on a false wall, concealing a switchback that led to a newly installed full bath and closet. One part of the false wall was done in small blocks of privacy glass, which served as one of the shower's walls.

Asa sat on the couch, watching SportsCenter, muting it at the knock and turning to see who it was.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Mariel thanked Olivette, and entered the office. As soon as Olivette had closed the door after her, she bowed respectfully. Good evening, Prince Clarke. I appreciate your taking the time to meet with me.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Asa stood, and nodded. "Good evening to you as well, Miss Fitzgerald." He paused, than added, "Olivette said you were bringing someone...?"
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

I'm afraid not, Sir, said Mariel politely. We had two priests in town vying for the vacant Bishop's position, and they both seem to have vanished. Perhaps because of what the Lancea et Sanctum have discovered at Club Inferno, perhaps not. I wasn't sure you'd been informed of the danger, and that's why I requested our meeting this evening.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

What a bunch of fuckups.

Asa couldn't stop the thought before it formed. On top of everything else, now they had fly-by-night priests they were trying to anoint as Bishops? He wasn't even sure who was Sanctified in the Domain, anymore, besides Mariel, Madison, and the Mother Superior.

Ah. And this Adolph "I'm Too Sexy For Court" character, wherever he is, if he's still around.

"No, I haven't heard of any 'danger' surrounding this Club Inferno,"
    he said, gesturing for her to sit.

Mariel took a seat on the edge of the chair. If she sat too far back her feet wouldn't touch the floor. She wished for about the thousandth time that she'd been taller at the time of her embrace.

She sat up straight and crossed her ankles modestly as she'd been taught at the Convent.

It's run by a powerful supernatural, Mariel informed the Prince. His name is Samael, and the Lancea believe him to be a demon, or at the very least a thrall controlled by a very strong demon. I myself was possessed with a demon there, and it was only with Mother Superior's and Paladin Wells' help that I was freed of it.

Samael has been seen talking to other Kindred, she added, looking at the Prince's face to try to gauge his reaction to what she was about to say. A Carthian named Taylor. Demons frequently work by offering what their supplicants desire most. It could be power or domination over others. Given the Carthian philosophy, I felt you should be warned.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"I see," Asa said. He took a few moments to collect his thoughts, wondering if this were some glory-seeking move by the Lancea et Sanctum.

A ploy to gather membership through fear? Or perhaps preying on a weaker covenant in an attempt to whitewash their own current standing?

"Any others beside Mr. McCoy and yourself?" he asked. "What were you offered?"

I think Michael Samuels of the Carthians may have been possessed with the same sort of demon that got to me, said Mariel, wishing she didn't have to go into the actual details. I was suspicious about Michael's behavior at the club, and in trying to coax him to leave, I found myself infected. All he had to do to transmit the demon to me was to kiss me.

She continued with some embarrassment, It was a lust demon in my case, so I assume that since Mr. Samuels was able to pass it along, he was also afflicted. He has disappeared, too, so the Lancea et Sanctum didn't have a chance to test him to verify it.

The demon Samael offered Michael and me a private place for a sexual liaison, admitted Mariel, further embarrassed but wanting to give the Prince the necessary details. This was a privacy not offered to other guests of the demon. She shuddered a little, thinking of how Michael had thrown her down onto a table.

We went to an area of the club with a mystical barrier that would only allow those to enter who were bidden there, and Samael unlocked a door for us. When he released us, we found that time had passed more quickly in the private room.

Mariel continued, Here's what really convinces me that Samael is a demon, or is working with one. He gave us a condition for the use of the room- that we "take out of the room what we brought into it". It didn't make sense to me at the time, but now I know that he was talking about the lust demon that had taken possesion of me.

She thought for a brief moment. I think I might be the only one still in Sacramento who had a known conversation with Samael who's still around to tell the tale. Unless Msr. Taylor showed up at Court and I didn't notice? she asked. Maybe I'm the only one still here because Mother Superior was able to complete the exorcism.

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Uh. Huh. Of course the only reason you spent all night fucking Michael Samuels was because you were taken over by a lust demon.

"I... see,"
    Asa repeated himself. "No doubt your demon also coerced you into wearing that... costume... to Mass. What do the Mother Superior and Paladin have to say about all of this?"

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread