Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

Opera Intermission

THREADID
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.

0 Scenes

It was a Society gathering and a charity drive to boot.
    The Quality had come to see and to be seen. Those of a more cultural bent had come - one might hope - for the Opera. A well regarded company, no less; quite a catch for the capitol of California.
    The Moros known as Campanella is there, too. Dressed impeccably in a fresh suit with a new set of expensive cufflinks - delicate creations modelled on the Eye of Horus. He is there, of course, as both part of the Quality set AND the cultured, though on this occasion he is simply content to blend into the background and watch who meets with whom, and where, and who exactly is pushing the charity drive this time.
    Campanella has found a small table filled with delicate confectionary, all custom made for the evening's delights. And here he is swiping a a fluted glass from one of the passing wait staff.
    Who else will he see?

Izayoi Goto, although known as Koine Yoshida around Kine. Pres 2 (Coquettish) SL2 (Aristocratic) (Blush, Imbibe)

THe Quality have come, Izayoi included. She had a sure foothold within society's underbelly, where she was most comfortible, but one shouldn't neglect the glittering throng. While this venue wasn't Twist's pride and joy, it was still an oportunity that shouldn't be missed. Not while one was so new within the Domain, the city. Dressed in the rich colours of her Clan, traditional lines, with modern inovation, Izayoi's daisho, her killing steel and that of her soul are wrapped in shadows as they always were. The Kage no Akuma did not believe that she would have to draw them this night, but it never hurt to be prepaired.

Circling the room, with a calculatedly languid stride, Izayoi holds her own glass of something alchoholic, and white. Possibly wine or champagne, taking small delicate sips didn't help her decide either way. It was simply camouflage. Eventually, she'll make her way to a table, with a dapper gentalman watching the room.

"Good evening, Koine Yoshida." she introduces herself with a slight, but polite bow.

Campanella raises an eyebrow.
    "Frederick Bartram." He returned Koine Yoshida's bow with one of his own.
    "Enjoying the evening so far?" He moved a little closer top open the conversation, gave the room one last sweeping glance before settling his attention on the aristocratic woman at his side.

"Mister Bartram," she smiles politely while dipping her head elegantly in acknowledgement. "I am indeed, I admit to having high expectations, but this evenings entertainment has been meeting them." blandly said, she has yet to see a proformance at the Ballo*Della Notte, but she knows for it to belong to Twist that it would be incandecent compaired to tonight's paltry offering. "And yourself?"

"Well enough. Well enough." Campanella responded with what could have been truth or another elaborate lie on the scale of Yoshida's own. He added, with a touch of conspiracy, "Though I do think some in the orchestra are a little... ahead of the pace. Of course, I don't think many noticed this."
    He let his eyes roam and fix upon a large group congregating around a buffet table. The buzz of energetic conversation rose from them and it was clear that there was more afoot than general conversation.
    "I think there are some here who are working..." He added dryly. "Do you know them?"

"Ah..." Her head tilts to the side, "I am not familiar with this particular preformance, my ear did not catch what yours has I'm afraid." she admits easily. "I had assumed that the pacing was accelerating, to drive the theme and tempo forward. I hadn't a clue it was a miskate." settling easily into the space near the gentleman, she sips of the white beverage. "I believe there are more then a few here working, though to tell the truth I have yet to meet them. I've recently moved to Sacramento. And yourself Mister Bartram?"

"I have lived in Sacramento a while now," he admitted carefully. "One might say I was seeking to flee my past associations and reinvent myself. I take pride in the fact my plan may have worked."
    He allowed a coy smile to spread tentatively across his lips and let his gaze return to the group at the buffet.
    "Most of those at that table are the Quality set. However, the charity set and the philanthropists are working them hard. Look. See that eminent and elderly gentleman with his... companion? Thats Old Douglas. Self made who now spends his time supporting charities that underpin the city. Looks like he is trying to squeeze a pledge from Bruce Harcourt - Bruce is the the tanned and overly plastic man in yellow. Rich failure and dissolute playboy. But he does have a yacht moored somewhere in the bay. Sometimes he takes it out for... parties. Or so the rumours say."

"I myself took the time to attempt something like that, which lead me to Sacramento in fact." a soft smirk graces her features.
    Mentaly she notes those that Bartram points out, "My thanks, I intend to wade through these waters more and more often. One never knows what one might discover during these events." adjusting her stance, so she might observe without staring. "Oh? And what else do these rumours say?" smile appearing and eyes sparkling, it would be more interesting to learn of these whispers then to watch peacocks preen

Campanella chuckled quietly.
    "Oh they say that he is a self made man. A model who failed as a celebrity and as an actor, but he turned his talents to cutting back room deals; that he has several entertainment companies - of varying success - under his belt and that he has now retired. But of course, that is probably make believe."
    He tilted his head toward Yoshida conspiratorially.
    "Of the ever swirling rumours the most truthful is that he was made; that he was picked out of the crowd and elevated beyond his station by shadowy benefactors. He was certainly never a successful model or actor, nor have any of his other ventures merited much. Yet he certainly knows people; he definitely acts as gatekeeper and the maker - and destroyer - of dreams. He plays the retired moneyed man well enough and his... ah... private exploits are legendary - or infamous - in some circles."
    "We are told he was exiled from Beverley Hills for his bad behaviour. This is, I think, pure fabrication." He sounded serious now and a glower crossed his face.

Izayoi hums under her breath, wondering if his patron was someone she knew. "A shadowy benefactor, and a man with infamous ecploits...this sounds more like the plot of some movie. Are you going to tell me he's batman?" Izayoi asks, turning this Bruce Harcourt in her mind. Was he the thrall of someone in Sacramento? If he was shouldn't she have seen his false plastic presence within Elysia before now? If he was new to his servis it might explain some things, but the tales of these...exploiuts seemed like this kine man had acces to greater funds then most, if any truly mortal would seen in several life times.
    The glower held some promise, and Izayoi turns her own smiling lips into a more serious cast, "What could he have done to exile himself from Beverley Hills?" she asks, "And why would you assume it was a fabrication?"

"Oh I am certain he'd like you to think so. He is your typical D-List celebrity who imagines himself to be something more. With his money, he can certain live out his fantasy. Its probably why he moved here - to be a bigger fish in a small pond." Campanella turned slightly and acknowledged Yoshida's question.
    "I can only conjecture what exiled him from Beverley Hills. Most likely it was an indiscretion at one of his parties. He's had friends and allies deliberately obfuscate the details, of course. All I've ever been able to ascertain is that one of his parties spilled out into the city at large and ended in an embarrassing stand off with police in a storage facility outside of town. There may have been some illegal immigrants involved. And a young man. Hard to tell. There are many variations of the same stories and none of them make sense."
    He shrugged.
    "All one can say is that after the incident he moved north. First to San Francisco and then, suddenly, to Sacramento. As I say, he had to leave some of his bigger toys - like his yacht - behind in the Bay. Yet here he is, making inroads into society here."

"The fact of his travels is no secret, and the rumours follow him like a smog," she murmurs, lips against her glass, "The fact that he's still appears in socetial events is telling, as is the Quality's lack of socially shunning him." her interests are piqued. That sort of social disaster not impolding in a show far more entertaining then the fast paced opera, hadn't was intriguing. Her Blood and Station coiled and curled. She would have to meet this Artist of Disaster, explore his nature and motives. HIstory. See if there was anything of worth, before deciding anything farther.

"Do they keep him around to see what else he'll get into?"

Now Campanella was grinning into his drink.
    "I wonder. I really wonder. That... or he has made himself someone's pet project. You see that ingenue over there? Anna Valdez? I have heard that she has taken an interest in him recently and has been trying to... rehabilitate him."

"This dosen't come to a suprise, I was going to ask if anyone had made a pet of him. Someone with...even if less then half of these rumours are true, to take his tarished image and brighten it. Even to go so far genuinely attempt to alter his...poor self control, this Valdez, might be genuinely sinsere and pure of intent, she might wish for the challange, and the entertainment. Or money is being changed hands. " many kindred had done this, she had witnessed a wager between a rvaling Au Pairs, to take regretable neonates and transform them into something worth the First Estatees efforts.

Chat Shard, copied from Discord chat, Scene began May 30
    Yumyumcrow , Campanella , Izayoi Goto

2. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

"That is quite possible. I think we both know how the mind of... that set... run, would you not agree?"

Campanella remained watching the table of minor celebrity and nouveau riche. His expression altered again, first surprise, then confusion, then concentration as another group joined the little gathering.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

Presence
    (Coquettish)
    Striking Looks
    (Aristocratic)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Assassin, under the pseudonym Silhouette
    (Fame: Criminals)
    Izayoi Goto

Called Koine Yoshida around Kine

Uses Mask of Tranquillity.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

There is a smirk upon her lips, hidden by the flute, "I would certainly say that Mister Bartram. If we did not, how else would be be able to ponder their motives over cocktails and hors d'oeuvres?"

Watching her new acquaintance, she arches a brow, "Shall I ask what causes this face to appear?"
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae:

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

"New factor in play," Campanella mused. He gestured subtly with his glass and appeared - yes, appeared! - to discover the fluted object in his hand was empty.

"And I do believe that dear Brucie knows them! See how the dynamics have shifted. Now he's introducing them all. Fascinating. Since when did Bruce Harcourt make friends with bankers and bureaucrats?"

He was studying the scene intently now.

Presence
    (Coquettish)
    Striking Looks
    (Aristocratic)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Izayoi Goto

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

"Oh, this is a revelation." casting her gaze to the growing crowd, "Are you certain that this surprising relationship is Harcourt's efforts alone, or would you wager that Valdez efforts are more efficient that we'd assumed?" she asks, the same low voice cast to not carry away from their secluded bubble.

Though getting to know Bruce Harcourt seems more and more a priority.

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

Now Campanella was bought to a thoughtful pause.

"You know? I have absolutely no idea. Its most likely Brucie's work. But... if Valdez was behind this, it would mean that she is much more of an active player - an an infinitely more skilled one - than she is known to be."

A sudden grin warped his face.

"Shall we go over?"

8. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Coquettish)
    Striking Looks
    (Aristocratic)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Izayoi Goto

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Flicking invisible lint from her silk wrapped frame.

"Making new connections, reigniting old ones....isn't that what night like this are for?" Izayoi rhetorically asks, glancing at Bartram from under the fan of her lashes.

Waiting a beat of her heart's feigned pulse she steps towards the growing group with purpose.

"Good evening, have you enjoyed tonights performance?" a light, all be it false laugh, "Forgive me, I am Koine Yoshida." she give a light bow. Perhaps to light, but the cast of her features is polite and her smile appears warm.

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

Campanella moves in sync with Yoshida like the seasoned operator he is.

"Frederick Bartram. Mind if we join you? Those cakes look delicious?" He gave a disarming smile while his eyes roved across the company.

An array of faces turned to them: old and young; the beautiful and those that thought themselves so; wealthy and the hangers on. Bruce Harcourt - in his yellow suit with his bad tan and too perfect teeth gleaming in his smile - was quite hungry for their acquaintance.

11. Likes liked this post

0 Scenes

The night carries on, words are spoken, deals are made until the Intermission is interrupted by the Opera once again.

13. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
Closed Thread