Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

H: 5'8"
    Misc: speaks with a light French accent

+1
    SL
    PRE

Clara's stoic expression faced the Colonel as he read, but her thoughts had her wandering the streets of the city that never sleeps. The off-hound comment by York had the siren catch a whiff of nostalgia. Once the Colonel finished reading and shot a smile big enough to catch the glint of a fang, she reached out and took the sheet in manicured fingers. "Way past friends, Colonel. We're Blood," she said as she carefully spread the sheet flat in front of her.

Clara scanned the text exactly once in one unblinking gaze. What she guessed the Sacramento flourishes were towards the bottom. She squinted her eyes at the Inconcessus section. Sure, keep fledglings in line, but if I see something pretty I WANT it shouldn't--

The ageless French ingenue lowered her gaze to obscure her features behind a curtain of brunette locks for the briefest of moments. Her head then tilted back up to look at York with a polite, playful mien. "No questions! It's crystal clear: keep faith with my Prince and Her Laws."

2. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    V
    Vivian York

Vivian watched the two of them read through the Laws. The urge fought to kill each other would be rough when the two barely knew each other. For now, she would take John's looks and commentary as trying to be cute and cordial, and not being an arse about anything. She had to remember to attempt to take some at face value at first. If there was anything beneath the surface, their character would unravel quickly.

"For now as it stands, there are three of us, so baring witness is easy. As for a Harpy, I am sure the Prince will appoint one when she feels one is suitable." She wouldn't dream of putting words or even thoughts into the mouth of Ale. She respected her too much to attempt to pressure her into such an endeavor. Picking a Seneschal and Reeve was probably taxing as it was, and a Harpy could be trouble.

"If you would like to swear an Oath to the Domain, feel free to do so. Our Covenant does not currently have a Notary as of yet either."

The Daeva smiled hearing Clara's sentiment. "Yes, they are pretty clear. Some have been tested in the past I presume. Keep in mind, that if you end up in any sort of investigations or tasks that put you in touch with the Sacramento crews, make sure to try to think clearly." It wasn't a stern warning, but a caution to think about.

J
    John Davis

"No Notary? It would seem that I have arrived just in the most appropriate of times. My duties as Amicus Curiae frequently called me to equally serve as Notary. In fact, I still possess my ring." Colonel Davis takes a moment to twist the signet ring around his right ring finger so that those present could clearly see the emblem of the First Estate.

"It isn't official without this. I use it for all correspondences between Kindred of Quality, as we are. Regarding petitions to the Prince, I have one such awaiting her eyes." Davis pats his breast pocket containing an important document for the Prince's eyes. "Perhaps I can discuss additional matters such as the position of Harpy and Notary when I am honored to be in her presence."

Striking Looks
    (Enticing Vixen)
    Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

H: 5'8"
    Misc: speaks with a light French accent

+1
    SL
    PRE

Clara mused at the thought of a Vampire notary briefly and then forced her mind to focus on the room full of Daeva. York said the words so lightly, but Clara still felt the briefest trepidation. Kindred didn't take words lightly. Words were power for the speaker and, more often than not, used against them. Last chance to back off and hit the road.

The seated siren gave the Colonel a curious look as he mulled over the position of Harpy aloud like one might a new hat. Well that was cheeky. Does he have serious leverage in Sacramento? Am I missing something or is he just a walking bluff in cowboy boots? She couldn't make heads or tails of the southern gent. Clara glanced back towards York. "I'll abide by the Laws of the Domain. And Sacramento's Prince, and Her Officers," she said with a look of deference to York, "have my oath of loyalty, Priscus York." Her accent thickened towards the end and the last words dropped with the muffled beat of the song that was just starting above. Commitment was an all-together unpleasant experience.

6. Likes Dark Passenger liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The danse continues into eternity.

For this night, the waltz and the reel draw to a close.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 20

You do not have permission to view the list of names.