Ended
Watch

(1805) EC The Daevas

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    V
    Vivian York

Vivian crooked her finger, leading them to the meeting room that the Prince pointed out. Once they were there, she did not close the door. "Please, have a seat if you wish." Gesturing to the chairs around the table. She remained standing during this.

One thing she was not prepared for was her name to be somewhat known in other Domains. Of course, if her Sire mentioned the problem was taken care of, then perhaps it truly was taken care of.

"Welcome to the Domain of Sacramento." It may have been her first time doing this, but she was an observant sort. "If you please, let's start with the names you wish to be addressed by, and where you hail from? If there is anything you wish to add, please feel free. I am the chatty sort, so don't feel that you're being too wordy by any means."

The Daeva may have regretted saying that, but all the same, she loved to talk to anyone.

J
    John Davis

Colonel Davis follows Miss York to a private room containing a table and an assortment of chairs. He pulls a chair out for Clara to sit and then walks toward the rear wall and takes a seat, in what would be the head of the table facing the door that the Daeva Priscus failed to close. Surely she did not feel safe in the presence of an Alder. Let me put her at ease by sitting, Neonate egos are so delicate.Besides, he wanted her on his side and for that, he needed her trust. But then again he was her elder and tradition required her to show him certain respect and courtesy.

"Miss York, I forgive you for forgetting my name so quickly. It is very long and most assuredly most formal. But here it tis again. I am forever known among the First Estate as the Alder Colonel John Jefferson Davis Esquire; Vauntcourier, Pursuivant, and Amicus Curiae for the Right Honorable Southern Lords; Eldest Child of Sir Jean-Christophe Trudeau, Knight of the Most Honorable Order of the Thorned Wreath."

"I could forever bore you with the trivialities of the numerous domains from which I hail. For sure I even once called this grand domain of Sacramento my home back in '49. No, I have spent many a time in an assortment of prestigious domains up and down the Mississippi and from east to west along the transcontinental, railroad that is. Wherever fate and fortune take me, that is where I go. And her majesty Lady Luck has brought me back to your magnificent domain and for that, I offer my infinite services to the clan, covenant, and domain."

"Per tradition, I am before you now to facilitate my alacrative acknowledgments, perhaps even secure privileged permission to establish operative operations near my old habitual habitations, with the Prince's approval of course and should everything be where I left it. You see, Miss York, I am a purveyor of societal entertainments catering to those of the highest caliber of class and distinction to rival even the grandest Elysia, for sure. In addition to all this, I wish to continue my services as messenger and witness between Domains. Surely Kindred such as yourself and others among you would value my expertise in handling such valuable missives. You must respectfully admit the effects of an in-person delivery is far superior to the sterile means of modern electrocutionary means.

"Now, unless we are expecting additional company, do please, please close the door and have a seat. Lest unwanted ears and obfuscative guests bear witness to the most confidential of clan business."
    He wasn't sure if Miss Weiss was a member of the Nos, she sure did not look like one, but the sudden stench that accompanied her surely gave credence to his theory.

Davis waited with his palms on the table to see the Priscus' response.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Daeva - Pres 2 | Man (Finesse) 4 | Persuasion 4 | SL 3 (Rakish) | WP 4/4 | Southern Accent (Heavy as the Humidity in New Orleans)
    "Speaking" Thoughts
    BP 3

Striking Looks
    (Enticing Vixen)
    Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

H: 5'8"
    Misc: speaks with a light French accent

+1
    SL
    PRE

The siren followed after the woman in red and took her seat at the table with a demure "Thank you, Priscus York." Notably, she took the chair on the other side of the table that Davis had pulled for her and seated herself. Her back was to the wall and the open door was to her left. Her leather belt-skirt stretched around her snow-white leggings as she adjusted herself in her seat. Black velvet pom pom sneakers with a white soles tapped lightly under the table to the muffled beat of the latest song playing in the club above. Clara seemed fascinated with her manicured red nails as Davis made a petition for position. Another elder come back to find the world moves on without him. Davis finished his plea and Clara summarily turned to York with big doe eyes. She waited for York and when given the motion to go ahead, Clara spoke.

"I am Clara Elisabeth Verne." Her mouth was starting to tire from saying it over and over again, but Jane New Girl was a precarious position in any domain and this was a strong potential ally. Formality might help or at least leave Clara unmolested in her nightly affairs. "If it please you, my Priscus can just call me Clara. I've made the journey from New York City and I require no titles. I am unaligned to any Covenant. Anything else you'd like to know? I promise to be brief!" Clara dropped the last sentence in a sing-song voice. Clara turned to the seated male Daeva almost as an afterthought.

"Oh, just call me Verne or Cousin, Colonel. No need for any...gilded honorifics." Clara said with a voice just an octave lower. Deference to Kindred already within a Domain was expected, but if given to another newcomer (seeking Acknowledgement!) on the same night it could be perceived as weakness. Time on the road and maybe torpor has seen subtler aspects of Clara's Danse rust a bit, but this one was uniquely loud. Such players were either too reckless or had good reason to trust they wouldn't meet Final Death. Either reason made the fellow newcomer a serious potential hazard to Clara's unlife.

4. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    J
    John Davis

"Kill it!" Screams his beast "Rude, impertinent whelp! DISCOURTESY! Devour her!"

Colonel Davis internally cracks the whip against his inner beast. In recent nights it had become more angered by "uncivilized" behavior. Its current outburst a response to the every minor slight Miss Clara had made by refusing his gentlemanly gesture of pulling a chair for her. He could feel the blood of his sire boiling in his undead body. In time the powers of his lineage would be accessible to him, along with the curse. Sacramento would either be the beginning or the end of the next phase of his requiem.

His brief reverie over, Davis contemplates, So Miss Clara is not Kindred of Quality, an outsider. Worse unaligned. Good to know, but is she right-thinking.
    Davis' sire had rained unrelenting retribution down upon him that decade or so when Davis had become unaligned.

Colonel Davis makes a mental note to keep an eye on Miss Clara. She could be trouble for him in the future or a blessed scapegoat for one of his future schemes.

Clara E. Verne
    "Indeed, Miss Clara; Cousin if you will, Indeed." For those that didn't know soon learned that when the Colonel has few things to say, that is when he is at his most dangerous. Miss Verne now had a page in his ledger and his attention. Would she be an ally or a foe?

Vivian York
    Gesturing toward the vacant seat Miss Verne had abandoned. "Please Miss York, let us get on with business." Davis attempts to cordially persuade the Daeva Priscus and Domain Seneschal to obey using his charm and "finesse".

4 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-05-22 21:04:16 JohnDavis rolls 10 to Persuade with finesse Vivian York to close the door and sit down (10 Again) 2, 7, 3, 5, 9, 10, 4, 8, 2, 2, 9 4 successes

V
    Vivian York

Repeating his name several times as he continued to speak, she kept her eyes on the new Daeva. Her face was pleasant as he continued to speak. "Oh, I do remember your name. However, I asked what you wanted to be called by, Alder Colonel John Jefferson Davis Esquire; Vauntcourier, Pursuivant, and Amicus Curiae for the Right Honorable Southern Lords; Eldest Child of Sir Jean-Christophe Trudeau, Knight of the Most Honorable Order of the Thorned Wreath. I asked what preference you had wanted to be called, but if this is how you wish, so be it." Addressing him unmoved by his titles, but cordial in her reply. She couldn't help but think what Ale would say to this form of address, Twist included.

Finding it rather endearing to watch the new woman skate around a man pulling a chair out for her; she wondered if Clara intentionally did it. Or, she perhaps did not want to take the favor of a stranger, as in the world of Kindred, it could lead to more returned favors. Never the less, Vivian was intrigued. She had still been standing by the door, after John closed it, he was impatient and it was frustrating. The Daeva reopened the door. "I would prefer to have it open. There will not be any confidential clan business tonight as the not all of the Clan is present. Tonight is purely for acknowledgment purposes."

She smiled amused at Clara's introduction, it seemed that she didn't want to be as long as the Colonel. But, this made her even more interesting to Vivian. "Thank you Miss Verne. Perhaps at a family gathering, we will drop the titles. For now, you were correct in addressing me as Priscus York." Smiling genuinely at the new Daeva female. "I spent a few nights in New York, not long enough to meet anyone or cause a stir."

"Recently, I became a member of the Invictus, after studying it for a few years." It had more than just bits and pieces over a century, but Vivian didn't want to brag. She also wasn't comfortable stating it to two people who were new to the Domain. "However, being unaligned can be wonderful at times. But you will always have family."

Turning slightly to the Colonel with a soft and understanding smile, "As far as privileged permission goes, the Prince grants these under the advisory of others in the Domain and also based on deeds and tasks done for herself or the Domain. As far as a messenger between Domains, that too will be up to the Prince to decide at a later time."

From her pocket, Vivian pulled out a piece of quick dissolving paper which would contain the one thing the two Daeva's were there to hear that evening. She waited for any more questions and to have their full attention.

OOC

J
    John Davis

OOC:
    Sorry for some confusion. My character didn't close the door. Forgive me about the dice rules. I looked them up but did not find all of them. This is a new format of roleplaying for me. I Rolled Persuasion + Manipulation + Striking Looks + Finesse. According to the WOD book page 82, it is contested verses your same.

I also failed to have my character provide a preferred name. That was oversight on my part That I plan to correct in my next post. I would private message you but I don't have access to that feature yet. Haven't made enough posts.

J
    John Davis

Giving Priscus York his undivided attention, "Priscus York please forgive my exuberance. In my excitement to be back in Sacramento, I failed to answer your question. You, of course, may call me Colonel Davis. And like everywhere I go, I serve at the pleasure of the Prince."

Striking Looks
    (Enticing Vixen)
    Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

H: 5'8"
    Misc: speaks with a light French accent

+1
    SL
    PRE

First come the smiles. Then the lies. What comes last is always a surprise. Clara eyed the Daeva Priscus and Alder Jesse James spar over titles, respect, and an open door. In that moment, the young siren was reminded why kine line up with necks barred for beautiful Daeva. Davis' strong accent would sound cartoonishly out of place in anyone else's mouth, but out of his it was almost romantic. York, all smiles, looked a terrifying beauty that could steal hearts with a kind word. Or a cruel one. Clara watched the Colonel as he spoke and kept her features statue still.

"The Covenant is lucky to have you!" Clara exclaimed while turning back to York. Expression blossomed on her pretty face with each word. The Invictus presence in this Court felt heavier with each word. "I'm no radical, Priscus York," she added with a laugh. "I've just had luck relying on the kindness of strangers...and the Family, of course." York mentioned a gathering, which Clara took to mean a chance to speak candidly. "I'd be delighted to attend anything my Priscus would invite me to! We will have to compare our Best New York Nights."

Clara's eyes lit up as York produced a sheet of paper. Relax. Eyes and ears open.

10. Likes liked this post
    V
    Vivian York

"Why thank you Miss. Verne, I appreciate that. And yes, we'll need to compare some things at some point. I didn't stay in New York more than a couple of days, but I'd love to hear your thoughts about it."

It wasn't always Lordly to have a need for a sense of control, Daeva's wanted it in some ways too. But, now that she had their attention, she'd proceed. "Thank you Colonel Davis." She nodded to him, finally hearing the abbreviated version of his title.

"Okay, on to the most important item this evening." Carefully, Vivian unrolled the small scroll and then unfolded the thin paper and at the top it said Laws of the Domain. It appeared to have been freshly rolled and hand written, but nothing was left out.

"These laws were put in place for not only your safety, but for purposes of the Masquerade. If you would please both read through them and ask any questions you may have. Some of them may need more clarification, but I assure you, I will explain to the best of my ability."

OOC

J
    John Davis

Colonel Davis takes the small scroll from Priscus York and scans it carefully. Having traveled among various domains, Davis had read countless similar documents.

Deliberately vocalizing his thoughts, he read.

"But of course, the Traditions, check..." He carefully traced his finger down along the text.

"Presentation and Acknowledgements...," Taking a moment to glance at Priscus York with a smile. "The very reason we are here..." Glancing back down, Davis continued to read aloud.

"Personal domain, hmm very good. Very good indeed...
    Blood hunts, horrendous but sometimes necessary affairs...
    The Right of Destruction, Treason..."
    At this point, Davis begins reading with indistinguishable mumbling as he reads before exclaiming, "Petitions and Requests," Taking a risk he would not dare outside of Elysium, Davis looks Priscus York directly in the eyes. "We will have to address that in due time as you say."

Picking up where he left off, "Inconcessus... Nota Bene. Fini."

"Most excellent and all in order as expected of course. Do I do like they do in St. Lou and sign, notarize and seal? Or does the Prince have some other means of documenting the oath swearing of those seeking acknowledgment per these laws? Perhaps we are most in need of a Harpy to witness?"

Pausing ever so briefly, not intending to overwhelm the Priscus. He had picked up on her carefully laced words and mannerisms, even those of Miss Verne. The two beautiful ladies sitting at this table were not fragile flowers. As Kindred they were dangerous. As Daeva they were deadly, regardless of age. "Oh, do forgive my forthwith interrogative queries. I assure you I only wish to make things official like and on the up and up with the court of Sacramento. No intentions of stepping on toes to be sure. If I thought that we couldn't be friends, why ladies, I just don't think I could bare it."

Davis looked back with the largest Southern smile he could muster without activating the powers of his bloodline. Grace and charm. As his grandmother once said, "You catch more flies with honey than oil and vinegar."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 20

You do not have permission to view the list of names.