(Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

"Of course." The simple facts stated by the eastern woman are facts of their unlives. With the exception of those who make do in the shadows... not beholden to a Prince or laws. Rebels. Monsters.

Pioneers.

Questions lie on his tongue. Questions to probe what the female Shadow knows and how it can benefit them. Perhaps, even, how she can play in the grand scheme of things. Even amid established Domains, there is a larger picture. Would she be able to see this?

Her displeasure grabs his attention. He follows her eyes to the new face in Court. One with a long name and even longer breath.

"You don't approve?"
    Health | Willpower | Vitae

2. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Coquettish)
    Striking Looks
    (Aristocratic)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Assassin, under the pseudonym Silhouette
    (Fame: Criminals)
    Izayoi Goto

Called Koine Yoshida around Kine

Uses Mask of Tranquillity.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

"Expectations. Protocol. Subtle nuances and threat displays." she says with a smile, "Threads connecting all of us, whom claim to be the First. A dance, steps made clear. Variations accepted and improvisation invited, within perimeters specified due to the level of challenge anticipated." she explains without explaining. "Simple observation shows that he is not that." and her disappointment is obvious. A shadow craves a changeling, and he is not that.

"Apologies, I have manoeuvred the conversation upon a road not intended, might we redirect?"
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae:

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

"Perhaps it is a good thing, then, that the Unconquered's burdens are not yours alone to bear. It would not fall squarely on your shoulders to educate him..." He trails off. He hadn't pulled her aside to exchange barbs over an inconsequential newcomer. Thick in blood, yes, but only just so. He might follow up with the man later.

A single brow raises, but he nods. "As you wish. When was the last time you allowed someone to 'mentor' you? You mentioned travels, Sin City," he remarks with the smallest of smile "and time spent in unlife on discovery. We all form opinions and learn throughout our journeys, yes, but truly: do you owe a gratitude to any one individual for their contribution?"

Presence
    (Coquettish)
    Striking Looks
    (Aristocratic)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Izayoi Goto

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Izayoi nods, but doesn't offer words. He was correct of course, she was not Au Pair, nor was she Judex. She was simply an Invictus Madam, nothing prestigious nor ostentatious to claim which was exactly what the Shadow Demon preferred.

She listens and nods, "My sire of course, then after her. My sponsor who brought me into the First Estate. After I proved my worth to the Unconquered and could stand before them as an...equal instead of an initiate there has been no others. I have simply felt the need to learn, and followed my own interests regarding that." she answers simply, the why unsaid, but dancing upon her tongue, and sparkling within her eyes.

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

The two most likely of candidates. No others? The Spider shifts - subtly - causing the distance between them to shrink once more. She must have at least some curiosity. Her look speaks volumes on it. As to whether or not it is authentic... it really doesn't matter. His next move is the same, either way.

"My motives have been described as altruistic at best. Mercenary at worst. But I would like to offer you the opportunity to learn from me."
    He pauses for a moment, but does not deign to describe what. "I can promise you that we would both benefit. And, as you've revealed to me, all of your efforts are made in service of the First Estate. Ergo they benefit as you benefit. I do not make this offer lightly." Another pause? No. He's waiting. Hands steeple once more as his dark orbs devour the other Shadow - his eyes seem to take in everything about her. And ignore all else.

Presence
    (Coquettish)
    Striking Looks
    (Aristocratic)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Izayoi Goto

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

There is static in the air. Izayoi shifts so she faces the room less, and Taft more. She smiles tilting her head, before both gestures cease.

"We could learn from each other, yes. But, I have heard word of dangerous tastes." she says, voice pointed and severe. Her eyes, however are alight with interest. "For such whispers to be known to all with ears, you surly know Her Majesty's stance upon this topic. Will not be broached." she says, voice the same. Eyes sparkling and the Spider can tell, she wishes to add a word, or perhaps pull the corner of her mouth upward, but she dose not. Small tells will be the death of them.

8. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

Ah. The topic of 'tastes'. So the conversation comes full circle. It was only a matter of time. Though to her, no doubt, she'd only heard second hand.

Still. The eastern Shadow is not waving red flags and pointing and shouting. Far from it.

He smiles, thinly. "Of course. Her Majesty's will is my pleasure. Though I would relish the opportunity to dispel illusions surrounding these so-called tastes. As I said, a certain expectation follows me: to share thoughts and ideas others struggle with. Bluntly, I am expected to shock and sew distrust." At last, more so than he's been in their entire conversation, Taft is direct. With good reason. He needs to know that she understands. Playing games with words could jeopardize this crucial juncture.

10. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Coquettish)
    Striking Looks
    (Aristocratic)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Izayoi Goto

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She nods, "True understanding is often filtered by a myriad of issues, be they personal beliefs, or simply the manner in which the information was presented." she says hesitant to blunted her words as Taft seemed to be doing, "Would you present certain information in an unbiased, unclouded manner?" she waits a beat, "If, so. Then perhaps we could set aside time so we can speak, and learn."

12. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

Taft can understand her caution. The Danse of a Mnemosyne is regarded as a dangerous one. By both friend and foe. And while he may have had enough paranoid reception to last him until the millennial wheel turns again, patience has sprung up to meet it. His is the long game.

"Madam Goto, nothing would bring me greater pleasure. Such talks absolutely require an objective mindset. From the speaker and listener alike. I know of a place where we can talk away from the eyes and ears of the Kine. It should suffice, as long as you don't have reservations about others' assumptions." He gives her a wry smile, now. Dingy, backwoods motels that charge by the hour offer plenty of privacy. Inside, at least. Observers outside tend to draw singular conclusions about the nighttime activities of those who check in. Which is just as well. Sexual encounters are quite the cover for other, perhaps seedier meetings.

"The evening draws late, I'm afraid. The is a motel at [address] I've used before. If you will meet me there, we will be able to exchange ideas and keep the Masquerade intact."

With that, he stands. Taft offers the eastern woman a cordial bow - one hand tucked behind his back and the other turned palm up between them. Then takes his leave.

14. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Coquettish)
    Striking Looks
    (Aristocratic)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Izayoi Goto

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She dips her head acknowledging the words, "I am greatfull that we both will be able to keep to this objectivity while discussing sensitive matters."

She stands as he dose.

"I know of where you speak, I've made a note of several of such places. One never knows." she bows, "I look forward to hearing from you for our...discussion."

16. Likes liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread