Presence
    (Authoritative)
    Auspice Blessing
    Sworn Officer
    Status
    (Emergency Services)
    Tristan Hardt

PRE

Respecting the Pack structure is a thing... but damn if it isn't more difficult to do when the Alpha doesn't own a cell phone. Tristan had to bring his happy ass out to the Railyard to look for Hector. Then, after successfully wasting time and making excuses for leaving a crime scene? He'd shown respect and deference. Actually asked Hector's permission to bring the Pack in on a matter the police were already investigating.

The others he'd just sent a text like any other American in the 21st century.

3 police cruisers are parked along the sloping sides of the creek-bed. Further down, close to where the body had been found, Tristan watches the ambulance pull away with the remains. The other officers, apparently, are ready to leave. The Hirfathra Hissu is just staying behind to 'get statements from some witnesses'.

"I can't get out of this."
    he says, hands placed squarely on his hips. His eyes track the ambulance as it recedes further and further down the road. "I'm convinced it's Pack business, mind you, but I've got to file my reports. Body was found on duty. I can't just play off like I wasn't here." The ambulance disappears. Tristan turns back to the Alpha with concern written plainly on his face.

"You remember what we found last time, don't you?" Tristan couldn't forget. The angry eyes and choking fog had revisited him in dreams.

"There's a Locus nearby." the Beta continues, eyeing Viola and Chris now. "Something on the other side has been manifesting here, to hunt. Local police are..." he clears his throat for emphasis. "...convinced it's a mountain lion. That should buy you some time." Tristan rubs the stubble on his chin, considering something. "Whatever it is, it kills violently. And not for food, either. Considering it already made a mark on the Hisil, 3 more deaths in a month can't be helping things."

There isn't much more he can add. He looks to others expectantly.
    Bone Shadow Elodoth | Primal Urge ● | Health | Essence | Willpower

2. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post

Chris Laurent

Irakka Blood Talon

PRE

It's Chris's turn to scratch at stubble, though his own. The Irraka rolls up the sleeves of his button down shirt. Tristan's text had come as Chris was getting ready for a date. O well, pack business is pack business. So the Talon isn't exactly set up to wreck havoc but that's part of life.

"So it leaves the remains looking like a lion attack?"
    Chris finishes rolling up the sleeves and slides his hands back into the pockets of his dress slacks. Though violence is violence so doesn't really matter what the spirit looks like at first.
    Irraka Blood Talon:

4. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Unimpressed)
    Viola Jones

Rahu
    Hunter in the Darkness
    Purity ●● | Cunning ●

PRE

Viola doesn't fucking care who's looking, and she's wearing her Dedicated shit. Looking like a petulant bratbadass bitch, she should probably be on the other side of the precinct bars and not, standing here talking to a cop.

She nods at the brief though, feels all professional and shit.

"Know anything else, or we gonna haveta head out and see first hand?"

Locking in Moon Phase, Waning Crescent
    Meninna Rahu | Primal Urge ●● | Heath: | Willpower: | Essence:

6. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post
    Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

Hector is watching from the shadows. Of course, hiding is near impossible when those shadows are being shredded by the blue-red strobing lights of the emergency services and his spot is framed by the rest of his Pack. He might as well be waring a huge bell... As their Totem would sardonically say.

Date Action Roll Result
    2018-05-15 03:44:01 Hector to be beneath notice rolls 4 to Manipulation + Stealth (10 Again) 3, 2, 1, 5 failure

"No, I haven't." Hector spoke quietly, his gaze distant and focussed on the creek bed he had explored with Tristan before they became Pack.

"Damn!"

A hand grated through the thick stubble on his cheek and chin.

"You do that. Buy us time. Cover our tracks for the herd. Uphold your oaths." These words were for Tristan alone. Acceptance. Respect. Understanding. Supporting his proposed actions. Tristan's oaths to the Herd were as important as his oaths to the People. And just in case it needed to be said, the Alpha was giving his beta leave of absence - to use his cunning to keep the Herd away while the Pack investigated further.

"What can you tell us about these deaths? Don't want to go charging off just yet."
    Iron Master <<Farsil Luhal>> Cahalith

Primal Urge: ●●●

8. Likes , liked this post

Presence
    (Authoritative)
    Auspice Blessing
    Sworn Officer
    Status
    (Emergency Services)
    Tristan Hardt

PRE

"To a point... There's certainly evidence of claw and bite marks. But big cats usually kill by crushing the windpipe. The victims?" He shakes his head grimly. "Eviscerated. Every one of them."

The graying cop gives Hector a single nod. Once more, the lines blur between his loyalties. The People... the Pack. They come first here. He'd do everything in his power to keep the Herd ignorant of the true threat.

At Hector's command (and Viola's urging), Tristan nods. They may not be trained police, but they might come up with something he'd missed. "All three victims were male. Local. The one they just hauled away was found face down in the creek. Before that, there was one off the side of that road." He points to the nearby road, in the opposite direction the ambulance left in. "Nothing but woods and a few houses down that way for a couple miles. Last was closer to the woods, here." He gives Hector a knowing look. "Same woods we found those tracks." Then, for the other's sake. "We did try exploring those woods a while back, but the other side isn't pretty. It's twisted. I'd go as far as to say it felt hostile. And the deeper you get the thicker this pervasive fog hits you."

Tristan pulls back his vest just enough to grab an envelope he'd stashed there. "Months ago, I got a tip that a woman had seen something near the creek. Couldn't get a straight answer from her on what, though. Just that it was big and dark and looked like an animal. I did some digging on my own, for sightings like that. Only match I found was almost 20 years ago. Old newspaper clip about an alleged 'beast' responsible for four deaths. Didn't think much of it at the time." He holds it out for them. "Made a copy of it. It'd be easier for you to read it."

The Article
    Bone Shadow Elodoth | Primal Urge ● | Health | Essence | Willpower

10. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post

Chris Laurent

Irakka Blood Talon

PRE

A shiver runs through Chris at Tristan's description of the other side. Please no Three dead, all eviscerated. That's totally not fucked up at all either. Yep might as well be naked. The Irraka runs a hand over his face.

"So either whatever is going on hasn't happened for two decades or no one has noticed." Either could be the case. It's not like the herd pays attention to anyone who isn't important. Chris would know, his family are important. It gets old. The Talon takes a look at the Alpha and Viola, maybe they have a better thought. Right now Chris is thinking about knocking on some spirit's front door.
    Irraka Blood Talon:

12. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post
    Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

Information. Always information.

"Well we could go sniffing around. Maybe we'll luck out and find some spirit's spore. It does look like something has staked out a claim to this spot. Plus... I'd like to see if we can find out more about the victims before we go knocking on the Hisil's door."

His eyes flashed as he nodded at Chris.

"If we are dealing with spirit possession or... crossings... ah... I want to make sure that there is nothing more than the location. If its a spirit, its victims might tell us something of its habits - which we can turn to our advantage."

He paused for a little bit of effect.

"I'll want to go over the area anyway. Just in case this thing isn't a spirit."
    Iron Master <<Farsil Luhal>> Cahalith

Primal Urge: ●●●

14. Likes Travisc06489, liked this post

Presence
    (Unimpressed)
    Viola Jones

Rahu
    Hunter in the Darkness
    Purity ●● | Cunning ●

PRE

Male vics, all eviscerated, 20 year cycle....

"Anyone else get the feeling this like...fuck. It's like a spirit. But like, it feels like appeasing a spirit. Like a Totem. I mean. Kill men specifically, in this area only, every twenty years..." she trails off with a shrug. Everyone else knew more then she did about this shit.

Nodding along to Hector and Chris. Even fucking Tristan when she reads through the article.

Might be human? Could be something like those fucking cat things. They tortured cats, yeah. But they also killed man.
    Meninna Rahu | Primal Urge ●● | Heath: | Willpower: | Essence:

As the second cop car pulls away, Tristan sighs. "Damn thing can walk both sides, though, whatever it is. Try not to get yourselves killed." His eyes land on the Blood Talon and Rahu in particular. A statement like that, coming from him, might as well be an expression of affection. "I'll have my phone on, but don't expect me to be a lot of use from the station."

With that, the Elodoth gives the Alpha a nod. It's in his hands now. Tristan makes his way to the last squad car.

Barring any last minute oh-by-the-ways, Tristan will exit

The first sounds of the evening chime in from the creek-bed and surrounding woods as crickets begin their songs. The setting sun is like a technicolor half moon sitting on the horizon. The other officials have since departed, including the forensics teams who scoured the area.

17. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post

Chris Laurent

Irakka Blood Talon

PRE

The Talon nods, don't just rip apart everything. Makes sense, the fun can wait for after all of the hard work. Chris takes a moment and then looks at Viola, well shit. There's another idea.

A grin is returned as Tristan points out that dying would suck. Dying is for other people. "Good luck there." Is Chris's honest reply, dealing with a spirit or some other weird thing is better than having to deal with curious cops.

After Tristan and the rest of the local LEOs head out Chris scratches at his stubble again. "Sooo.. " He looks down at his clothes, is it worth dedicating? Probably not, there'd be blood.
    Irraka Blood Talon:

19. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread