Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Werewolf: The Forsaken on the Wiki
Ended
Watch

Necessary Guile

THREADID

0 Scenes

For ease of finding things for our Cat instead of having to dig through the Totem and Pack Stuff thread, here's a thread just for Necessary Guile!

So!

Let's hammer out all that delightful Totem stuff now that we got one! To recap, I have 2 dots in Totem. I think Travisc06489 has 2 dots in Totem, I think Kelreth has 1 dot in Totem, and I know Yumyumcrow has Totem, but I can't recall how many 2? I think.

Also I'm definitely going to need help with stating up Necessary Guile, I've never gotten this far in a werewolf game before :P

2. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

I can invest 2 XP for 2 dots in Totem.

4. Likes liked this post

First of all, Bravo for taking the initiative and effort to concoct the acquiring of, personality, and name of the Totem Spirit! Tristan does indeed have 2 dots in Totem.

Next: For the Spirit's attributes, I recommend it being heavy on Finesse (for obvs reasons). I also feel like we should reserve our totem points for character bonuses rather than increasing the totem's base attributes. I feel like asking a cat to fight for them would be... beneath them.

I know we previously discussed a monthly glimpse for a severity 2 ban, and to make up for the fact that it's technically weekly by the book, we could introduce a behavioral change as well. I'm suggesting:

Service - "Acquire a gift for Necessary Guile without using violence or money and leave it in the railyards." Gift could be anything a cat spirit might fancy, but pack members have to acquire it by thinking outside the box. I.E. don't purchase a bell (because that thread) or kill a mouse. Once a month. Glimpse style.

Behavior - "Enemies must be defeated using the power of a Gift." At least once per combat, at least one pack member has to use a Gift to assist the pack/overcome the foe. I think it represents 'thinking outside the box' and would be relatively easy to do.

I think (opinions?) the combination of these two things would work for putting us at 10 totem points (capping out severity 2). With 7 dots among characters we have 17.

Lastly: Bonuses. Skill (Given) Survival x1 -5; Gift (Pack) Evasion x2 -10; Essence x2 (equaling 4 usable points per story, pooled between pack members) -2

17 points.

6. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

Chris has 1 dot in Totem yep. I like Travis's breakdown!

8. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post

So just to catch everything up, after rereading the intentions of bans (and talking to Kel in chat), we're at 7 totem points. So I'm gonna suggest keeping the Survival and the Essence. Also dropping the behavioral part of the ban.

10. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

Totem Bans scale very very quickly when you start going for the shiny boons. I'm good with Survival and Essence.

Is (Given) a straight dot to every member of the pack? That looks nice for just 5 dots.

Closed Thread