Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Grim Memories

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    V
    Vauban

Vauban stared at the screen of his laptop, one of the few light sources that illuminated the Chapel inside of the Circle of Creation at this hour. A few files loosely related to research by the Assemblies in Miami was displayed on the screen. Nothing that world changing, as far as he could tell. A coffee was close on hand, filled to the brim with sugar as the only fuel that kept him awake. He had guessed this was going to happen eventually. Perhaps not quite as he had intended. At least he had not blabbed about magic in front of sleepers. There would be no way the haunted mage would live something like that down.

The Moros sighed, breaking up the silence of the Circle of Creation. He knew Campanella would be here soon. He was not sure what to expect.

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

A Moros comes hither!

Hear his footfalls, loud on the flagstones. See his form dressed in a suit dark enough to be absorbed by the lingering shadows. In the singular light of the chapel, Campanella's spare shadow leaps, stretched and spare, across the floor like a blood stain. Tonight he smells of vanilla and musk, an almost religious scent that spreads before him.

The Mystogogue's eyes are bright.

"Vauban. I'm glad you made it."

Campanella flowed from shadow to shadow (or appeared that way for their was no inner buzz of magical working kicked into gear by his passing). He mounted the registers where the chairs were all carved dark wood and luxuriant cushions.

"May I join you?" Polite but not exactly a request.

Wood creaked slightly as he took a seat to the Libertine's left.

"I think that perhaps there are things we should discuss."
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

3. Likes liked this post
    V
    Vauban

Windows were closed and the laptop was powered down the moment Vauban heard those footsteps. The moros was not going to need them here now.

The Libertine detected some something akin to enthusiasm from the Mystogogue as he approached. Was it the promise of knowledge? How much was forgotten about Sacramento since he last set foot in the city?

"Hey Campanella." Vauban greeted with a short nod. The laptop was jammed back into its bag just as the other man took a seat.

"I guessed as much." He said with a sigh. His eyes darkened a bit from memories lurking on the threshold of his mind, ready to play out again. "So. What is it you want to know?"

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

Campanella was studying the Libertine.

"I believe you mentioned that you came from these parts. I need to ask: did you Awaken here?"

The Moros didn't look hungry. Not exactly. His pose was all poised politeness - they could have been sitting opposite one another at a society High Tea. But his eyes. Campanella's eyes burned with curiosity.

"Forgive me if this sounds forward. Everyone who was present when the Reality War began were affected by... dreams... and a changed sequence of events. We've always wondered if this was purely a local phenomenon or something with much wider implications."

V
    Vauban

Vauban took a deep breath and slowly nodded again. How much was he willing to share with a complete stranger?

"Yeah. About seven, eight years ago. Give or take." He did his best to recall. It was a moment later he looked a bit surprised. "Sorry, didn't realise it has really been that long."

He listened to Campanella before nodding. "I can understand. I'm still trying to wrap my head around the possibility my past might have been touched by those fuckers in the Seers." The lingering horror in his eyes was chased away by a flash of anger. Then just as quickly it was gone. The Libertine looked a bit self-conscious as he awkwardly crossed his arms. "Sorry about that. What I remember isn't exactly... Fun for me."

He sat up straight and took a deep breath and slowly let it out. "I suppose I do need a bit status update on what has happened. Might help with any discrepancies you and I might have on the past." He offered to the other Moros. He thought on it for a second before finally asking. "So, hows the Museum?"

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

"Museum?"

There is an awkward moment that seems to drag.

"Oh... I take it that might have been the old Athenaeum? If so, it has gone. Without a trace. I searched for traces, echoes, ruins. Nothing. I have established a new Athenaeum."

At least he could end on a note of pride.

"The Consilium also lost the holdings belonging to the other Pentacle Orders as well. I would suppose that would include those belonging to the Free Council."

V
    Vauban

The pause did not fill Vauban with confidence until Campanella finally spoke. "Fillard Goldman is not around?" He cupped his hand around his mouth and leaned forward, processing this revelation. He was aware of the place even before his awakening. It seemed strange that such a thing could not be around anymore. "Bismarks apparently not friendly hands from what Aurora said and I was an apostate before I learned anything about the Council here..." He shook his head.

Another moment passed as he dug through his memories. "What about the previous Curator?" He asked. "The one you remember I mean. If I can remember the museum then..." The implication was obvious.

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

"Tyria Primoria?"

Campanella replied with effort.

"I. I do not believe that she made it through the first attack." He did not sound so sure himself and he gave a lengthy pause before continuing.

"No. That is all I know. So... Filliard Goldman?"

10. Likes Vincent liked this post
    V
    Vauban

"Damm." Vauban muttered. He had not seem Morris or anyone vaguely familiar when he stepped into the Circle of Creation. He had to assume they were MIA or dead.

"It was the name of the Museum." The Moros confirmed. "It was where the majority of the Mysterium hung around. And where Tyria worked as a curator and capital C Curator when I was still here."

He paused for a moment, thinking. "So, what has changed exactly? So far my memories don't seem to conflict with what you remember." Time travel was a mystery to the libertine, but he was certain memory changes were a thing.

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

A crooked grin spread across Campanella's face.

"Apart from we lost everything. I am given to understand that the Circle may have moved location." Man, that was awkward. He struggled briefly. "According to Aurora... and certainly backed up by her investigations at the Bismark Building... All major centres of Order power were either wiped or obliterated. The Clock appeared and was our saving grace."

He placed his hands on the arms of his chair finding some reassurance in their warm wooden solidity.

"Any leads or trace we had on the Seers was lost. So too, our numbers dwindled and the Cabal structure of the Consilium broke down. Nidhogg's Bane is, as far as I know, the only Cabal in the Consilium now and at one point the Cabal was the Consilium."

He sighed.

"We lost the War, by the way." Numbers lost; missions in time failed or inconclusive; the Clock silent - these were signs of defeat as far as this Moros was concerned. "What was in the past is... lost... as far as I can tell. My only hope is you: when I arrived I suffered the Dreams and I wondered if it was a global phenomenon. Your arrival, free of dreams, suggests it is purely local."

He raised a curious eyebrow now.

"So. What do you remember?"

13. Likes Vincent liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 13

You do not have permission to view the list of names.