Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(Budding Thorns) Pie Doesn't Lie

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    K
    Katie Jones

Katie manages a giggle at Circe, though likely more for giggling's sake than understanding the pun. Her forehead scrunches up as she tries to come up with an explanation for Sasha.

"Well, at first I felt really good. Like I could run around the whooole neighborhood and not even get tired. But then... then everything was bothering me. I wanted to turn the TV off, but I had to turn it on and off three times. And when I went to bed, same thing with the light switch. It made me feel crazy not to."
    She shakes her head. "It went away in the morning. But this," she points to the side of her head, behind her ear, where the gill slits can be seen. "Didn't."

The girl watches Circe's demonstration curiously. Especially watching the blue elf transform into a normal human. Which illicits a barely contained "Whoa..." Without bothering to ask what 'Glamour' is, Katie mimics the action. With a squint and a sucking in of her lips, the girl's visage transforms into that of a normal girl.

"Like that?" She smiles impishly, looking down at her hands and giggling at the disappearance of webbing.

"Billy's the one who's got powers. He can make fire and stuff. Plus he made our hideout pretty much by himself. He was just smiling and staring at things and they would change."
    There's a hint of jealousy in her voice now. Probably because she's been 'shown up' by a little kid.

S
    Sasha

As Katie described what happen, the Dancer's face twisted in confusion a little. "A fruit that gave you obsessive tendencies, that is very odd." The Fairest hadn't heard of such a thing ever, but she wouldn't put it pasts the Goblin Fruit to do so. "Those, I cannot explain either... at least right now." She looked at Circe. They may not even be tied to the fruit, something could have happened in Katie's sleep, but Sasha didn't want to alarm her.

Smiling at Katie's reaction, she watched as the girl tried it herself. "See, pretty easy when you think about it and will yourself to do it."

"It's possible that you may have powers later, you do have to learn some. Others are a gift of sorts." It was so difficult to explain to children, Sasha couldn't imagine being taken as a small child. Trying to dispel jealousy in a kid is also difficult. She'd done it so many times at the studio.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Very good cutie," Circe smiles at Katie as she reveals what she once was. "Be sure ta teach yer bro. I know ya will cause ya already proved yer a awesome big sis," praise helped to cut off rivalry, right? If Katie still sounded jealous Circe could just point out it was Katie's quick thinking that saved Billy. Sasha's reassurance that the fruit was odd got a scoff from Circe.

She couldn't keep all of the sarcasm out of her voice, "Really? Gob fruits with strange side effects? That is a rarity?," she laughed, "Good one Sasha. Heeeck I heard of healing fruit that made ya smell weird." Circe managed to not be sarcastic when she spoke to Katie, "Rule of thumb for strange fruit from the Thorns, Katie. Don't eat it unless ya know what it'll do."

As for learning powers, well that could get interesting. "Yes, there are many powers we can learn. Think of it like a hmm," a idea popped into her head, "Ah! A videogame skill tree," the blonde woman nodded, "Yup. Ya hafta learn the low level stuff before ya get to the bigger stuff." Circe then instantly held up her right hand, index finger raised to, "But think on it. I get it, ya wanna protect yer lil' brother. Yer awesome like that," praise should help, "But ya gotta be careful about how ya learn it. Or from whom. And powers don't make up for brains, which ya got already."

Circe would rather have plugged something other then intelligence but she wasn't in favor of selling to minors.
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

K
    Katie Jones

Int+Occult or Int+Survival could give further insight into the nature of the fruit. Also still plenty of things for Circe to remember, lol.

"Yeah, it is pretty easy. What kinds of powers do you have?"
    she asks the Onyx Queen.

An impish smile. "Yeah, guess I am. I'll teach him. E-ven-tu-a-ly..." Even as they speak, she looks over at her brother with a less-than-maternal look on her face.

She seems to consider what Circe is laying down, brow furrowing in thought. "OK. I guess he'd be a lot safer if I figure things out. Mom and Dad don't even know we got different, so they probably can't help him like I can. D'ya think we should tell them?"

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe was both miffed and glad Katie didn't ask about her powers. Circe had been focused on more mundane solutions then magical, always had. Why manipulate someone into changing an account when you could just do it yourself? Or try to create lightning to fry a Briarwolf when a gun works faster? Circe giggles at at Katie's impish behavior, "Yes big siblings protect the lil' ones. But ya still get ta, ha ha, educate them with some torment. Just a lil' bit." It was kinda funny to the, now blonde, woman.

"Daaarn right ya are Katie. Don't matter if ya can throw fire at somethin' if its just gonna get healed by it. Leaders always have the brains,"
    at least she seemed to be taking some steps away from jealousy.

Got Naught
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-05-22 07:20:15 Circe rolls 4 to Int + Surv (10 Again) 2, 4, 5, 2 failure

Paranoid suspicions aside, Circe didn't know what the fruit was. As for telling her parents about the situation, well that could get interesting. "Telling yer parents could uh," there was no way to hide the worry in her voice, "turn out interesting." Circe looks to Sasha to see what her opinion was. Because Circe was fairly sure panic would be a response from said parents but had no idea how they'd react after calming down. Panic? Acceptance? Call the FBI?

Circe whispered a question to Sasha, "What're her parents like?"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded gold and diamond scales extenuate the rare greenish blue color of her aquamarine eyes. In the right light, or when her mood changes, her eyes seem to illuminate from within, it’s a very gentle glow. This is the ocean lives in Sera's eyes. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the ground, spun silver and emerald. Perfectly placed tiny pearls can be seen woven throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There is an iridescent scale like skin that pulls delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmers and has three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence
    Seraphina Scenes

Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Wyrd
    •••••
    Treasured Nix

Sera still didn’t have a car yet, so she was taking a cab to Funderland. But would offer the ride to anyone else who didn’t have a car either. She really needed to get a car or something, cabs and public transportation sucked!

If anyone takes her up on her offer, she’ll make small talk about various things on the way.

Paying the cabbie, she’ll enter the park, still dressed from the Gala in her coral silk dress and leather coat. Figuring the food court would have some seating they could use, and maybe something to drink, that’s where she’ll head. But she does drop her Mask. It was obvious what the flowering girl was, and she figures she’d earn more trust letting her own Mask fall away. Gilded and glittering skin, gold ans silver spun mane now on display.

And be totally surprised to find Circe and Sasha already there. Having pie with that girl from before.

Heels give her away as a hand is raised, “Uh, hey guys, fancy meeting you here.” She jokes with an easy smile.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

7. Likes Origins, Travisc06489 liked this post
    S
    Sasha

Sasha quickly shook her head. "No, I don't think that would be a good idea to tell your parents anything yet. Often adults have a hard time understanding these things." Incredibly difficult was probably a better way of putting it, but the Fairest was trying to be gentle.

"I never told my mother. Even when she was on her death bed, I still did not do it. I have a feeling she probably knew I was different and had changed. I know my 'other' visited her once, but not again. I would have preferred my mother think I'd gone missing forever, or died than for the Other to have done that. But, that's now how the cards played out." She breathed in slowly, fighting back hard memories.

"If you have more questions Katie, please ask." She sweetly stated as she mulled over the fruit a little more.

And then, a beautiful sight appeared. The Spring Fairest had joined them, in coral and brightly adapting to the surroundings. "Hello Sera. Good to see you!"

S
    Sasha

ooc

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-05-23 20:01:15 Sasha rolls 4 to Int + Survival (10 Again) 6, 1, 10, 8, 10, 5 3 successes

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe looked over at Sasha as she talked about her family. Circe was a little jealous that Sasha had such an opportunity. That her Copy hadn't replaced her old life so much that she could still say goodbye. "Lucky," she couldn't stop the angry whisper.

Then she put the false smile back on as she looked at Katie, "Whelp I guess I'll agree against tellin'. Proving it to 'em could be dangerous and not having proof could lead ta, hmm," the smile turn less nice, "Unnecessary therapy." It was not a nice subject and the Summer wouldn't pretend it was.

The ears may be normal now, but she could still hear Sera's approach. "Hiya Sera," the blonde Circe waved in greeting with her left hand as she looked at Sera. Then eyed her up and down before humming in approval, "And ya dressed ta match yer words girl. Quite fancy. If Katie's questions don't include where ya got it, I'm gonna ask myself."

11. Likes Travisc06489 liked this post

Sasha's roll

The little girl looks a little sad when Sasha describes the situation with her mother. Even if it all is a little over her head. After both of the women disclose their opinions, Katie nods, twisting her mouth into a thoughtful pout. "OK. We'll keep it a secret. That's kinda fun, anyways." She plays with a strand of her hair, considering things a little further. But before she asks anything else, her big wide eyes expand to the size of saucers. The little mer-girl eventually smiles, seeing the newest arrival. "Wow." she whispers. "She's super pretty too. Is everyone you know this pretty?"

Shortly after Sera's arrival, a slight-framed, young brunette arrives. Looking uncertainly around as if not sure of her surroundings. Flowers bloom and dissipate in her wake, and when the light catches her hair just right, greenish highlights can be seen. Upon spotting Sera in the group, she more confidently closes the gap.

"Hey. Sorry, I got a little lost. You guys operate out of a fun park? That's... nutz." She gives a half-assed smile to the others. Sasha and Circe. She also smiles (genuinely) and waves when she sees Katie at the table. Digging in to some pie.

"Hey, girl! Oh, so I'm Emily. Your friends invited me here to talk or whatever. I've been trying to find the person responsible for these tags around town. And stop him." Emily's entire disposition is sour. It's clear she has a chip on her shoulder.

Katie waves back with her fork between her finger and thumb. She points over to the tree where Billy is playing. Emily takes note and waves to Billy.

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 23

You do not have permission to view the list of names.