Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
31 - 36
DISPLAYED
(Budding Thorns) Pie Doesn't Lie

This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
    S
    Sasha

It was at that moment, Sasha missed Spartan, Rook and many others. They were powerhouses, built for things like this. But, the Dragon bested Spartan, who wasn't necessarily clever, but he had smart allies in the Freehold. Those that were quick may have a chance.

"With anything that looks or seems more powerful than we are, it is besting them with outsmarting them. Creativity with something that looks beyond what we can reach is usually what makes us victorious in the end. There may be bumps along the way, but no one learns without having setbacks."

"None of us are saviors, mind you. Any and all information, leads would be welcomed. Even the smallest detail, things you may have seen something have an aversion to, or something an opponent may love, can be useful."

Yet, the Onyx felt the need to caution Sera, Circe and Emily. "Going to do something solo, even if its investigating, I wouldn't recommend. There are ways to do things with more than just a few people that can help in the long run."

Billy has long since lost interest in covering his ears and has resumed playing around the tree, digging holes with sticks and filling them with whatever he could find on the ground. Little kid stuff. Katie, on the other hand, is likely only pretending to block out the conversation. Her eyes flit from speaker to speaker, silently digesting everything being said.

"Yeah, that's what he said." she responds to Sera. "Big, people eating Giant who's got a taste for people who're... different. 'Us' different."

"Ouphoria." the Flowering says, correcting Circe pretty quickly. "The club is called Ouphoria."

It doesn't seem to bother Emily in the slightest that Circe calls Charlie an idiot. More than once. Nor does she bat an eye at the proposed pugilism. But at the very first mention of Ericsson's name, her brown eyes narrow to slits. Both children, even especially Billy take notice of the word 'dragon'. Even Emily seems awed.

"Alright. Sounds like you guys know how to handle things. But when you go after Ericsson? I'm coming with you. He's mine." A real fury burns behind her eyes, and she makes a point of making eye contact with all three of the older(ish) women.

Emily rubs her temples a bit, then nods in Sasha's direction. "Fine. I'll give you everything I know. Do what you can with it. Since you guys are all fine and dandy with taking down giants and dragons." She takes a deep breath, exhales, and begins. "So this started for me when I was babysitting for the Jones'. They live off [street intersection]. I'd been with them for about 4 months, watching Billy and Katie. Good kids. I'd been sorta dating Charlie on and off for almost a year at this point. So one night, I'm watching the kids... and Charlie brings me this weird, smelly fruit. Tells me its the latest craze and would blow my mind. Plus it was usually only available at this exclusive club called Ouphoria. So, you know, I tried it. No shame in my game. And it was crazy good. So, then, I did what I had to," she says, giving the three women a knowing look "to keep the supply coming. One taste and you're hooked, right? It took a while before I started noticing the changes. I thought it was some kind of nightmare, or part of the hallucinations the fruit seemed to give. But one day I just looked like this."

She hangs her head. "The kids only took once. I left my purse unattended and they got into my stash. One dose. That was it. They turned into whatever they are now. And they were scary, to be honest. They could do things I've never seen anyone do before. And they're just kids! Crazy, right? So I stopped taking the stuff and gave Charlie the boot. I might have... punched him in the face. Twice. So after that, I didn't see him much. I still worked for the Jones', out of guilt more than anything. They didn't seem to notice anything wrong, so it would have felt weird to suddenly quit. Anyways..." She pinches the bridge of her nose between her fingers, taking another deep breath. "A couple weeks later, I hear that Ouphoria gets shut down. There was this thing in the news about the club owner and a cop having a big shootout. The very same night, Charlie comes back, looking a whole lot different, telling me he's got this plan to undo all the damage he's done. that's when he told me about the giant. And, to be honest, he seemed a little crazy. Crazy and scared. I told him he was full of shit, and kicked him to the curb... but he's been following the kids and I've been following him ever since."

About time for me to wrap this one up, so get in your last questions and things within the next post. I'll post in CTL plots thread on the openings for the next chapters and (obviously) Sasha, Sera, and Circe know the most about what it going on, so they'd be key players if you guys are interested.

3. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe's eyes widened at the fury from Emily. This was fulled by a smug smirk, "If ya can fight then yer welcome ta come along Emily."

Circe restrained from commenting on Emily's failure as a babysitter. Well verbally. She'd still snorted and rolled her eyes but she didn't say anything. The mention of the events shutting down the club fully jogged Circe's memory. Yeah all that shit.

"Well, still sounds like dealing with Charlie would take less effort. And he's probably got more info on Ericsson then you seem ta have. So,"
    she rests her left elbow on the table and her chin on her left palm. The smile on her face was evil as she looked between the women at the table, "What do ya say to hunt down yer idiot ex, question him, then kick Ericson's aaah groin?"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

S
    Sasha

With all the information, Sasha was quiet and processing it. They weren't prepared for a giant quite yet, but needed more information even if they thought they were ready.

"I'm not opposed to finding and talking to Charlie."

"If the club is closed, where do you think he may be now?" The Dancer didn't have any tracking skills; internet or otherwise. "Hopefully not through the hedge, because judging by what we saw before, I'd dare say that isn't the best of plans."

OOC

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone
      Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Finishing her pie, though she secretly wanted more, she pushes the plate away.

"I think both need to be dealt with, but maybe differently. Like Circe said, Charlie might be easier and maybe where we should start. Get what info we can and handle him however the situation plays out."
    shrug.

While she could fight, violence wasn't her preferred method. "So count me in."
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Alright. I’ll get this into continuity today. Follow up will be for confronting Charlie Frey. Prepare for some unexpected twists...

8. Likes liked this post
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 23

You do not have permission to view the list of names.