Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Announcement

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

I have had a very crazy week but one of the things coming out of it is that I am most likely (90%) moving. I don't know when, exactly, but 1-6 months is a good window. I hate to do this, but it seems as good a time as any to pull the plug on the site.

Obviously this is not a message I want to deliver, but I haven't been involved for almost two years now and it's a hassle I'd rather not add to moving.

Hopefully you all can use the Discord to either sort out what you want to do, continue to keep in touch if you migrate elsewhere, or even use it to continue role-playing together.

If, on the off chance, someone knows about web hosting, I can duplicate or ship the forums and wiki to them to drop in and continue as-is.

I am very sorry to do this! I know that playing here has been fun for a lot of people.
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

Thank you for running the site as long as you have West . It has been a pleasure

How long do we have before the site closes for good?

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

No clue, there are external factors in my life I'm just responding to. So, 1-6 months?
    The Zeroth Law & the Burden of InteractionThe Devil is in the DotsGreat ExpectationsPlaying MagePlayer Run Plots
    If you have a question about your character, please post it on your character sheet

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

I guess I should also add that if someone can't host the forums as they are, that people should probably start looking at ways to copy/save threads/scenes that they would like to keep before they're gone.

5. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    E
    ErlangShen

Well, it's been a fun ride. Will the Discord channel be up?

Vauban

Oh damm. This is sad news.

I only just got back into the game after a few months too. I will admit I am shocked an a bit disappointed when I heard the news. This was even the site that got me into Role Playing.

I'm really not what else to say right now. Still processing.

Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra
    Aurora
    Seraphina
    Alessandra

All is not lost yet! I'm working with my husband to see if we can take it over. I cannot see this amazing site go away. Nope!

A
    AwakeOrangutang

What all would be necessary for us to transfer the forum ownership as is?

Magical Chinchilla
    Star Scenes

Anyone interested would need to have a static IP and be able to host the forums themselves. Knowing a bit about databases (MySQL) wouldn't hurt, but it's probably not necessary.

Because of all the addons and customization to vbulletin and mediawiki, we're on deprecated versions of PHP and apache and so it would be impossible to find a hosting service that could provide the specific environment.

Chris Laurent
    Langdom
    Chris Laurent

Irraka Blood Talon
    Langdon

Thank you for running the site for as long as you have West. It's been a blast playing on here and has helped my writing in far more ways than I would have ever guessed.

12. Likes West, Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
+ Reply to Thread