(Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

Taft leads the eastern woman away from the - admittedly - small gathering at the Court towards a pair of chairs angled towards eachother. He indicates one with his left hand.

"Please. Let's discuss things in comfort. I'd love to hear of your travels and, perhaps, some of the wisdom you've gathered on them."
    The bald man stares at her in his unblinking way, waiting for her to take the seat.
    Health | Willpower | Vitae

Presence
    (Coquettish)
    Striking Looks
    (Aristocratic)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Assassin, under the pseudonym Silhouette
    (Fame: Criminals)
    Izayoi Goto

Called Koine Yoshida around Kine

Uses Mask of Tranquillity.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

As directed Izayoi sits, back straight, but affixing a convertible mien. Even as she feels Takeda's Sakki focusing upon her, the murderous cast of the women's eyes never straying from her.

"As you know the last Domain I called home was that of Las Vegas, though I did not travel from the illuminated city of sin directly. I spend some years as a nomad reliving those youthful years one has before they have the stability that comes with age. It was enlightening. I believe more should do it." surly Taft already grasped the point, but mindful for the myriad of ears pointed in their direction, even if they'd pulled away for the illustion of privacy, "With age and stability came patterns, a labyrinth of responsibility, traps that force your behaviours and thoughts. To escape those and to make this realization is quite the coup."

Pausing to see if any of the gathered kindred had a reaction to file away for later, "Though one cannot ignore all that they've built lest it crumble around their ears, so here I sit, come to Sacramento due to...business." Izayoi says freely, but still as guardily as any kindred should be within the the walls of Elysia.
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae:

3. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

Taft follows after, affixing himself to the chair adjacent. He sits with hands loosely folded over one another, resting his forearms on his knees. His gaze is attentive as she opens up. She brings up an interesting point. A concept he hasn't personally acted on, but one worth note.

"If I may..." he says after a moment, leaned forward as he is so he can speak softly. "Re-exploring youthful behaviors this way seems at odds with the norm among the First Estate. I have no opinion on such things, of course." A wry smile. "Still, breaking convention often can be enlightening. I'm not what most would call 'conventional' myself. Though I imagine our methods differ." An understatement, likely.

"What is it, then, that you have to offer? I could guess at it all evening. And, of course, this could be entertaining. But I imagine you'd be anxious to get yourself established. You've a quick wit and a pair of blades, this much I've seen. What else do you offer the Domain?"

5. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Coquettish)
    Striking Looks
    (Aristocratic)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Izayoi Goto

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

"It dose seem contrary dosen't it?" a sharp smile, secrets drawn to the surface, but not breaching the surface, "The First Estate is bound by its traditions and rituals." but she dosen't elaborate. Let him wonder if this was on of them.

"We start from dissimilar view points, it would not be surprising to make that realization, even with our shared inclinations due to the Blood." words flow as the conversation continues.

Her hesitation is overlooked, but no doubt the Spider had filed it away for a moment they were not within Elysia.

"My wits certainly, my blades also." dipping her head in elegant acknowledgement,
    "My experience, and the differing view point I do being." she says a smirk playing upon her lips.

7. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

With breath in his lungs, he might have exhaled a 'hmm' on the matter of the First Estate. At present, he simply gives his head a slight tilt.

"But this divide is what I find most interesting. This 'dissimilarity'. How many discoveries have been made because someone thought 'outside the box'? Madam Goto, I prize discovery over nearly everything in this new life. My own understanding grows as I encounter those whose... experiences don't match my own." The eastern Shadow almost certainly fits this profile. The secrets he could glean from her...

"I have not shared experiences with another Shadow in some time. Not since Long Island, which feels like an eternity ago." He grins. The temptation to call her 'old sport', after a certain novel, plays on his tongue. But it would feel out of place. They haven't yet built up the rapport for that.

"What do you know of the blood?" he asks, sounding very much like he'd planned to ask her this all along.

9. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Coquettish)
    Striking Looks
    (Aristocratic)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Izayoi Goto

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

An elegant dip of her head, "If one equates wealth with knowledge, then I have found a dragon's hoard among my travels west. This is not the land of my birth and even now, I find something new to...chew upon." there is a heavy lidded excitement, languid, if such a thing could be, as she speaks. Tantalizing herself with her own recollections, and speaking directly to the blood of the Mekhet.

She considers, "My knowledge if the blood is that of a laymen. I have spent my nights focused upon other things," she admits without shame, one cannot learn if one cannot admit their shortcomings.

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

Taft considers for a moment, lightly pinching his chin between his thumb and forefinger. "It may not be the best time to ask all of what you've learned. But before we get to business I must confess that I have another question. One I wouldn't be so bold as to expect an answer for." His lips draw thin to his somewhat unpleasant smile. "How will you use this 'wealth' of yours?"

"That is unfortunate."
    he says, face neutral. "Even more than my own experiences, it has been the vehicle for my enlightenment. But... this is not why you are here. I wouldn't do my newly acquired title justice if I dallied any longer."

Standing from his seat, he walks a few paces away and gestures towards some printed materials. "These are the Laws of this Domain. Make yourself familiar with them, of you haven't already. And if you have any questions about the city, I will answer them as best I can."

Presence
    (Coquettish)
    Striking Looks
    (Aristocratic)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Izayoi Goto

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

"Perhaps not, though we have many night to come for you and I to share what these experiences are, and exult in their differences." Izayoi smiles ever so sweetly, "To benefit and aid those of my home."

She dips her head elegantly, acknowledging the time, the dawn wasn't that far off from creating the horizon. "As before, we will have many nights where we might exchange knowledge, and you might aid me in repairing this deficiency in my...education."

When pointed towards the papers, Izayoi scans them quickly to see if there was anything to stand out, then she reads it. Then again to sear the text upon her memory. "These are straight forward and comprehensive. I have no further questions." the kage no akuma doesn't move, but her countenance changes reflecting the anticipation she feels.

Presence
    (Intense)
    Blood Potency
    New Identity
    (Frank Petros)
    Status
    (City Hall)
    Lawrence Taft

PRE

Taft's head tilts up ever so slightly at her answer. A smart one, if unambitious. There is probably more to it, but he has time to pry for answers another night.

"I would enjoy that." he answers, glancing towards the artful centerpiece once more.

"Then perhaps we should rejoin the others. After you, of course." An upturned hand gestures towards the general direction of the other Kindred.

Taft will return to the main thread.

Presence
    (Coquettish)
    Striking Looks
    (Aristocratic)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Izayoi Goto

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

And that's, that. With the subetly of a shadow, Izayoi finds herself Acknowlaged* within the Domain of Sacramento.

She rises and follows her Priscus to other kindred, silent, and still. Mentally she chides them all. They really needed to learn to easvedrop better.

*Assuming of course that this means Izayoi is full Acknowledged?
    Will also return to the main thread.

15. Likes liked this post
Closed Thread