(Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink

+1
    SL
    PRE

“Unsettled?” not what she was expecting to hear. “If you don’t mind, what unsettles you about them?” she asks.

Nodding as she looks at the piece in front of them.

“I won’t lie, I know little about art, aside from what I personally like.” She wasn’t ashamed. “As much as my mother tried to instill a love of the arts within me, it never took. Perhaps it was how young I was, or I just didn’t appreciate what she was trying to show me.” There was a frown then, “But as the years have gone by, I have wanted to develop an eye for it, a better appreciation of it.” A shallow nod.

“I’ve always thought that art was supposed to invoke thought and good conversation among those viewing it. And the butterflies I pin in my spare time would hardly be considered art or worth hanging. But I’m more a lover of music, classical to be more specific.” Hands clasped behind her back.

“What type of art would you suggest? Are there artists or specific pieces that would work better on the walls?” her tone depicting true interest in what Twist would say.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

2. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist purses her lips as she considers the piece before her, and her words.

"I am not an expert in the painting world but as far as abstract in theory, I feel that it half of the appeal is in the interpretation of it. How a past and a mood affect what one sees."

Was an empty chair a throne? Abandonment? An opportunity?

"For the past nights that...ambiguità has been appropriate. But no longer." Her sidelong look to Alessandra stood was meaningful.

It had been a throne and an opportunity. And it had been seized.

"So why still do we decorate as if we were unsure?" She turned to look more fully at Alessandra. Was Alessandra unsure? Was she regretting the decision already? Perhaps the theme was still fitting for the Prince's mood.

Twist laughed, her gaze travelling in lingering slowness along the lines of Alessandra's figure. "You say that and yet you have covered yourself in art no? I think perhaps you underestimate your appreciation of it."

She lifted a hand palm up, a gesture of 'it could be'. "I think art is too ... big to be so easily defined. And the fact that it encompasses everything from painting to music to movement is merely proof of that." An intrigued smile tilted up the corners of her mouth. Pinned butterflies?

Raising her hands with a laugh to fend of the proposal, she shook her head lightly, "Oh! I fear I have little knowledge of such things. But... what about instilling your preferences here? Are not instruments themselves art? Not just the sounds they make? Or perhaps some of the artists you have already patroned," a hand to again indicate her tattoos, "have pieces that are on less living canvas?"

Not that that was truly a determent in displaying.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

There was a shallow nod as she listened, eyes still on the painting.

“I think I get what you’re saying. The past nights we had an empty chair that stirred speculation and thought within the community. Conversations and questions flowed, now,” her eyes looking around the room, “we have pieces of art, but no more of the intrigue. Maybe it's best to bring that back, get those around us thinking and wondering.” Least that was how she was understanding it.

“I’m not sure if it’s unsure so much as decorating isn’t easy.”
    A small smirk tugged the corners of her mouth.

Then the tattoos. The Savage looks thoughtful a moment, “You know? I guess I never really considered my tattoos as art. But on some level, they could see viewed as such, depending on what one interprets as art.”

The Archons next words got her mind working.

“Unfortunately, no one in Sacramento has worked on me. But I have meet a few very talented artists and had some good conversations with them. Some of them do paint and sketch, I could reach out to them, see about displaying their work here.”
    A brief nod of her head, “Though perhaps it would be fun to see if anyone residing within the Domain would like to display their art? Might be a good way to get people to feel more involved.” She says with a thoughtful voice.

“But having some music softly playing might be nice as well. Seems you’ve given me much to think about. And I should make my tastes in art more known.” Replies the Italian with a hint of a smile. Perhaps it was time to place some calls and make some things happen. Perhaps it was also time for a Ghoul to help with that stuff too.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist lowered her head slightly, either in agreement and acknowledgment of Alessandra's words or simple acceptance that her way would be ultimately the one that would happen.

A blink of surprise followed by a slight smile, "As long as it doesn't offend you, I personally view not only each one individually as art but the entirety as well."

"Ah! It has been many nights since we have had such! I think it sounds like a fantastic idea. It is always interesting to see what our fellow Kindred bring to the city artistically. Too often we forget that we are more than just the dance of court.

A small laugh of delight, "I am glad! Perhaps I should give these pieces more credit," she says with a gesture to the abstract art around them.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

The corners of her mouth quirked up as she lowered her voice, “Not a lot offends me.” And it was true, there wasn’t a lot someone could say about her tattoos that would upset her. She’d heard most of it before, “But thank you.”

And then it sounded like her idea was well received. The smile widened, “I know we have one artist among us, Priscus Weiss.” Who she didn’t see in attendance tonight, weird. But then again, neither was her Priscus. “I haven’t seen any of her work yet, so I’m curious how if she would participate in such a thing.” Maybe she was one of those artist who preferred her worked not to be seen. “Now what would make the evening more exciting? What if we also had a themed Court along with it? Kindred could dress more artistically in some way. I've heard art can be worn in the fashion sense.” It was an idea. “But perhaps they should be on different nights, to not draw the attention away from the art they make.” She liked themed Courts, they were fun. “We haven’t had a themed Court in some time. Too long.” Maybe Twist had some opinions on that.

Looking back at the piece gestured to, there was a slight shrug, “If you wanted to, though if they don’t catch your eye there’s nothing wrong with that. The appreciation of art is personal, and if something just does work for you, then it doesn’t work for you.” It didn’t upset her.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

A single eyebrow lifted in surprise at the announcement of the artist but then a chuckle broke through as she shook her head slightly, "I was initially surprised but then, thinking about it, perhaps I should not be. I would also be interested in seeing her work if she was willing."

Twist nodded, thoughts of the last glimpses of a young Daeva vanishing around a theater corner as other eyes resisted the urge to join drifted through her mind. "The city once hosted a fashion show and I know the Kindred who organized would most passionately argue that fashion is in fact art. But that is a valid point. Perhaps simply allow fashion to be entered into the gallery?"

"It's true. I believe the last full scale event that was Court was the hosting of the tournament by Mister Staxx. It would be interesting to see who stepped up to host one and what their choice would be for theme if it was again opened as an option."

A chance to shine for many. And for others... a critical blow to their status in the domain.

A nod is given, no verbal statement truly needed to follow up.

Fade to black with art talk due to closing court?

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Would Cynthia be willing to share her work?

“I hope she is willing, I would like to see what she does.” But she wouldn’t force her.

A nod, “That’s a great point. I know there have been art shows with various clothing placed on display. It would also open the floor to those who are perhaps less art inclined.” See, this is why she liked discussing these things before just doing them.

“Well Mister Staxx set that bar high and maybe people are a little intimidated about stepping forward.”
    She would be. “But I would like to know if someone has an idea for a theme, it does add a little something to night.” Maybe she could ask Vivian. They had discussed themes once before, maybe she’d be willing to throw something.

I'm good with fading to black with art talk

9. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
Closed Thread