Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Watch
Audiobook Reviews

Hello everyone!

I don't know about y'all, but there is nothing better for a commute than an Audiobook! So, here are some of my favorites that I'd love to share with y'all.

Red Sister (Book 1 of the Ancestor) and Grey Sister (Book 2), by Mark Lawrence

These are two of my all time favorite fantasy books! I absolutely love them! They tell the story of Nona Grey, the most huggable murderer ever, who is saved from execution by a convent. But it is not a convent that we would recognize, as the Church of the Ancestor trains deadly warriors, spies, and mages, in addition to the more traditional Nuns. This probably sounds very droll and boring, as this is nothing original, yet the way in which Mark Lawrence writes the story is absolutely breathtaking, the narrator is amazing, and the world the story takes place in is a fascinating blend of Sci-Fi and Fantasy.

I can't do the books much justice with my description, but what I will say is that, for a bildungsroman set in a fantastical world, with violence and political intrigue, you could not find a better (audio)book!

2. Likes Vincent liked this post

Twist

Hound, Lady Viscount, Invictus
    Mask of Tranquility
    Striking Looks •• (Alluring)
    Public Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Sand

Striking Looks •• (Curvy)

Yay! Audiobooks!

I’m currently working through the Gormanghast series. A little over halfway through the second and I am not sure it makes a good AB. I want to stick it out but idk that I can devote 13 more hours to it lol

4. Likes Yumyumcrow, Vincent liked this post
+ Reply to Thread