Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

Night grips the city again and Hector slips between gates and fences on his way to the rail yards north of Downtown. The city prospers and grows up around the old yards, slowly shrinking the expanse of waste ground as new warehouses, buildings and roads fall into place. A few more lights have gone up, puncturing the safe shadows between workshops and empty wagons.

Hector finds a certain pleasure in the challenge of navigating the changing landscape.

Despite the changes, the old yards feel like home. They are home. Core of the pack's territory and for the moment, still the spiritual heart of their holdings.

Finding a spot framed by wagons a pile of building materials, the Cahalith sits and waits for his pack to gather. There is a situation to discuss and a plan to form.
    Zyl Odie Kelreth Chris Laurent Travisc06489 Tristan Hardt @Viola Saber Sloth
    Iron Master <<Farsil Luhal>> Cahalith

Primal Urge: ●●●

2. Likes , liked this post

Presence
    (Unimpressed)
    Viola Jones

Rahu
    Hunter in the Darkness
    Purity ●● | Cunning ●

PRE

Viola is quick to appear in the stop her Alpha had claimed for himself, almost as if the Rahu had been waiting within the Yards for hours already.

Keyed up, memories from the house and the imaginings of what Shadow was even as they'd freed the cats keeper her up, and caused her to be sent home.

Fucking up on burger orders a time to many is frowned upon by those working in fast food.

Baring her throat while ducking down in deference, Viola sinks to the ground if Hector gives her leave to, she waits for the others of their Pack to arrive.
    Meninna Rahu | Primal Urge ●● | Heath: | Willpower: | Essence:

4. Likes liked this post

Chris Laurent

Irakka Blood Talon

PRE

Angry not entirely quiet muttering preludes the appearance of the pack's Irraka. It grows louder as he gets close then dies off as the Talon walks within eye sight of the others. A phone hangs in his fingers before it is twisted and slid into a pocket of his dedicated pants.

"Sorry, family back home won't let me forget that they think they own me." They are reason that Chris can work part time gigs and still live comfortably. Chris largely considers that as a bribe to stay the hell out of the way however. Head tilts to the side as Chris looks at the Alpha before finding somewhere comfortable to wait.
    Irraka Blood Talon:

6. Likes , liked this post

Presence
    (Authoritative)
    Auspice Blessing
    Sworn Officer
    Status
    (Emergency Services)
    Tristan Hardt

PRE

Fucking paperwork. He's been swamped with it. Sacramento has an unusually high rate of reported incidents. Beats the hell out of Oak Grove in that department. Tristan's uncle would have given him a hard lesson for showing up late to a pack meeting. But that was there. This is now.

Not dropping the confident stance worn by a man of authority, Tristan approaches the assembled pack. In his hands is a stolen cloak - a macabre stitching of many cat-pelts with an equally macabre smell. He dips his head to Hector, giving him the Man's version of deference. Then, not wasting time, the Beta goes into explaining in earnest.

"We've found some things. This, for one. Couple of girls at the house Viola and I found have been wearing them. Somehow this lets them control these cat-beast forms from a distance. And yes, I mean from a distance. It took me a while to piece it together, but after we killed one in the rail yards... I found a scene of carnage at house we tracked them to. It matched what our claws would have done." He gives Viola a solemn nod. Then his gaze returns to Hector. Tristan's face is incredulous. "Hell, it's almost like the Hisil! The damage we caused was reflected on the woman."

Tristan turns his head and spits on the ground. The whole business leaves a foul taste in his mouth. Especially the fact that one of the culprits escaped right under their noses. "Anyway... we found their sick little torture chamber full of cats and set the little buggers free. So no more cloak factory." The frown on his face doesn't suggest humor. Just disgust and disappointment. He crossed his arms as he waits for the Alpha to take it all in. Do the Alpha thing.
    Bone Shadow Elodoth | Primal Urge ● | Health | Essence | Willpower

8. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    Bump Yumyumcrow "Bump" this post
    Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

Hector snorted and snapped to attention where he sat.

He listened solemnly, jaw at an odd angle so his mangy upper teeth hung out like a peculiar overbite. His intense eyes glowered like coals, their energy directed by inward and outward.

"Thanks. That explains. A lot." He said slowly, voice grating.

"You did good. All of you. Going in there and clearing it out. It may not finish it but it will certainly fuck over whoever did it. Tools, right... They can be hard to come by."

He shifted, slouching where he sat.

"Now while you did that I set myself to hunting some information about that house and who lives there. I think you gathered that she is a college student, yes? So was her house mate. Turns out they was cousins. Only discovered it recently, apparently - they must have had one big fucked up family for that to happen. Anyway. They find out they're connected, and one moves in with the other to share the house that "family money" has rented out for them."

He sniffed loudly.

"No idea where the... Cloaks... Or whatever came from. But the one in hospital is dead. Family turned off the life support a few days ago. I got this from a guy who knows a guy - and he had some leverage on a fat orderly or some shit. So I takes what I can get. Anyway, family came down and turned her off. Her body was healing but she was, like, brain dead or something due to the trauma. Well, yeah... She'd fought an Uratha and lost!"

"Anyway. Good work. We can tail the live one for a while yet, if you want. That is, if you don't want to try something more direct first."
    His gaze fell solidly on Tristan, his beta.

"Also, you want to do anything with the cloaks or just burn 'em? 'Cause I'm happy to do just that. Don't know shit about no magic capes, cloaks, belts or hoods. I knows of stories where those things come into play - and they always for shape shifting, if you catch my drift. And it never ends well."

In so saying, his posture shifted one last time as he opened the floor to the pack.

10. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Unimpressed)
    Viola Jones

Rahu
    Hunter in the Darkness
    Purity ●● | Cunning ●

PRE

Ack posted before I was finished, gonna finish up the post then sadly double post

Presence
    (Unimpressed)
    Viola Jones

Rahu
    Hunter in the Darkness
    Purity ●● | Cunning ●

PRE

Hard is the line of her mouth as the rest of her pack gathers around their Alpha. Grim is the cast of her face as their beta retells what they'd dealt with in that piss soaked house and the torture basement adjacent.

Visceral pleasure thrums as Tristan reveals the truth of the Cat Thing they fought and the women who was one half of a near wound were one and the same. The Rahu smirks when Hector says that the bitch was pulled off life support.

"Burn those fuckin' things. No good'll come of something so foul." she rumbles, only this side of human.

Her dead, baleful eyes turn towards Tristan when Hector's do. Viola was torn between wanting to stalk and hunt this bitch. Harrow her until she felt the terror Viola scented under the piss coming from the cats. Or just kill her. Get it over with.

13. Likes liked this post

Chris Laurent

Irakka Blood Talon

PRE

Huh, that's new. Some weird connection? "Could there be spirits involved with the cloaks? Some fucked up spirits?" The Irraka shifts as the Wolf reminds the Man that putting down prey isn't wrong. Just the natural order of things.

"We could just take out the remaining student and burn the house down. Problem there though is that the Hisil across from that house is all sorts of bad." Chris looks to Hector with a frown. "The pit full of cats is on its way to becoming a Wound as far as I can tell. Reflections like Tristan said. I do not know what more damage taking care of that house could cause." The Talon shifts uncomfortably at that. The Hisil is fucked up enough within throwing in more problems.
    Irraka Blood Talon:

15. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Authoritative)
    Auspice Blessing
    Sworn Officer
    Status
    (Emergency Services)
    Tristan Hardt

PRE

Tristan finds himself in agreement with Viola on this one. Only Odin had showed any interest in the damn cloaks. Keeping one around without a use for it seems like an affront. To the Uratha himself. He nods. "Burn the cloaks. No one's found a use for one. No sense in keeping it."

His own eyes find Hectors, he clenches his jaw and sharply inhales through his nose. "'Direct', huh? Yeah... I have a few ideas. One of them ends with this girl dead. If we can get her to talk, though. Reason with her? I'd be just as happy to send her packing. Hell, with the threat of death if she shows her face again, I think any sane person would make the right choice."

Eyes turn towards Chris, now. Guy's hitting on a good point. "You're right: we don't know what'll happen if we burn the place to the ground. My instincts tell me adding any more violence to that cauldron will only make it worse. Might just fill the cellar with cement to make sure no one uses it again. And who knows? Next people to move into that house might have a more positive influence."
    Bone Shadow Elodoth | Primal Urge ● | Health | Essence | Willpower

Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

Hector gestured with his hands as he spoke.

"Don't know anything about spirits using cloaks or anything like that. The stories only speak of such things as artefacts. You know, material things of human construction that get imbued with a limited magic. Enough to shape shift and stuff. Nothing major. So yeah, I'm very happy to just burn the damn things and be done with it."

He listened as his beta spoke.

"So not a Wound. Is it danger of becoming one? I'm wondering if we simply stop the cats being harmed, the Shadow will heal itself. Let the spirits work it out. If there isn't a source of what feeds them nearby, they'll move on. What I'm asking is, would you be okay with letting things simply sit a while; we can keep a watch on the place and if things don't noticeably improve, we can do something."

Hector's intense eyes roved over his pack.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread