(Fame: Criminals)
    Izayoi Goto

Called Koine Yoshida around Kine

Uses Mask of Tranquillity.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Stepping through the door the scent of the steeping tea brings forth memories, the smile that paints her face is real, not fading even as the Kage no akuma is lead to a secluded table, finding the ambient noise...regrettable.

Subtlely moving her hidden daisho so she might sit comfortably.

Declining the menu the server provides, Izayoi makes her order for a simple traditional blend, the pot and a spare place setting, wondering, if perhaps Takeda Katsumi had found this hidden gem if a tea house yet.

Always Armed
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-04-10 11:06:02 Izayoi Goto rolls 8 to Touch of Shadow Wakizashi (10 Again) 7, 9, 3, 6, 5, 5, 1, 7 1 success
    2018-04-10 11:05:41 Izayoi Goto rolls 8 to Touch of Shadow katana (10 Again) 7, 7, 7, 10, 6, 6, 4, 5, 4 1 success
    -2 Vitae, Blush, Imbibe
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae:

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Wine. Tea. Next it would be coffee.

At least with coffee though she would know what to do. Her steps inside the tea house is almost hesitant even if it doesn't show on her face. Though perhaps the hesitation comes from the sudden snarling interest of her Beast as that of Izayoi's brushes against her awareness.

Controlling the urge to make it a Blood House rather than a Tea House, she moves deftly past the hostess with a nod toward the other woman in indication that that will be her destination.

"Good evening," she greets once within appropriate hearing range. "I hope I'm not intruding..." she trails off with a glance to the empty seats around Izayoi. A quiet request to join with plenty of opportunity for denial.

-2 vitae for blush, imbibe to be recorded when not on mobile
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

3. Likes liked this post

Presence
    (Coquettish)
    Striking Looks
    (Aristocratic)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Assassin, under the pseudonym Silhouette
    Izayoi Goto

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Izayoi's reverie is broken with the approach of another. Though there is no rising tide of hate and fear, one cannot mistake the fine, delicate features of the Duchess of Sacramento.

Izayoi's attention is arrested, she nods. Outwardly in greeting, but it's purpose is that of deference.

"An instrusion from you is no intrusion at all, please join me." her hand raises, elegant and effortlessly gestures to the available seats surrounding the table.

After the Daeva settles in the seat of her choosing, Izayoi arranges her hands into a politely folded state, before risking the impertinence and asking the Archo a question. "How has the evening treated you thus far?"

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist smiles, acknowledgement of the nod, gratitude for the acceptance of her presence.

"Thank you," murmured as she slides in to fully join Izayoi.

"Quiet, but I have no complaints about that. Work at the theater was going well enough that I decided to take the evening off. I have never been to ..." a small hand gesture at their surroundings.

"Hopefully I don't make a fool of myself and thus ruin the pleasant evening." A quick smile of amusement. Though the desire to not do such was strong, there was enough confidence that even with knowing nothing of tea house etiquette she didn't truly fear such an instance occurring.

"And yourself? How are you finding the city?"

Presence
    (Coquettish)
    Striking Looks
    (Aristocratic)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Izayoi Goto

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A graceful dip of her head, the only question being, "Theatre?" was the Duchess a patron of the arts? A Librettist without the title? Or was her interests simply that of an evening spent in a quiet, enjoyable fashion?

"Ah, that is regrettable, I have spent many hours within places like this. Though it is not as...formal as the tea ceremonies from my home, and childhood." Izayoi still remembers her Haha admonishing her to be mindful of her sleeves, and cautioning her of the scalding water. "The purpose is relaxation, and the enjoyment of simple pleasures. I come to tea houses when I require a gentle reminder of long ago." were she not as disciplined, she might have sighed.

"I come by way of Las Vegas, Sacramento is...something entirely different. I am enjoying the softness, as opposed to the searing neon of the strip." Izayoi elaborates, "Though much of my time has been taken up with the process of my relocation."

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

A smile spreads across Twist's face, a true one that touches her eyes. "Yes- the Ballo Della Notte. My pride. You should come one evening to a show!"

"This is not as formal? If you don't mind... where do you consider home?"

Her eyebrows draw together as she considers Izayoi's words. "I have never thought of a drinking establishment as a place to find relaxation. But I am also not as familiar with tea as a drink. What about it is relaxing? Or is it the obvious?" She glances about her, conveying with actions that she meant the design and layout of the tea house.

She may not know tea, but color selection, design choices, music... those were easily read by one in the performing arts business.

"I knew many girls who went to Las Vegas seeking better... job opportunities," she said with a light laugh. "A few of them returned but I do not know if any of those who did not, actually found what they sought."

"Has it been a difficult move?"
    An open ended question for the woman across from her, allowing as much elaboration as she wished.

Presence
    (Coquettish)
    Striking Looks
    (Aristocratic)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Izayoi Goto

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Dipping her head with a smile, "I would like that very much. It has been to long since I've enjoyed a live performance. The dedication the actors have to their art is inspiring,"

"Home is Japan, it has been...many nights and many Slumbers since I have stepped foot upon the soil of where I was born." she answers first, eyes swept downward, but focused on memory. The warmth of the water in the mug warms her more surly then the Vitae expended to simulate life. "Here you come and dine alone, or with friends, colleagues, or family. You are serves by someone by lust or greed, the wish to drink your tea, and push some sugary confection on you brighten the bill, while also turning the tables do they can seat more bodies and earn more money." she sips now of her tea, soothing for its jasmine aroma, "The tea ceremonies of my childhood were truly cerimonies, rituals eqxicuted with poise and reverance since before I can remember, and will continue to be the performed as this living history long after I am dust." she says, realizing her thoughts and words had gotten away from her.

A smile, with a politely echoed laugh, "I have net many of those women, and have see to many once their dreams have shattered turn to the streets instead of returning home. It gladdens my heart that you have known more who have chosen wisely, instead of allowing pride to be their downfall."

A nod, and elegant dip of her head, "Traveling is always difficult, but I am forcunate to be wise with my money so what I own is being shipped professionally, rather then I taking what u can carry and praying for a positive outcome."

The silence lingers, comfortably for the Shadow, the Daeva's mind is her own and as of yet Izayoi cannot touch it, "How long have you called Sacramento your home?"

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist nods, "Yes it is. My Sire was a large patron of the arts. It was tied deeply to her beliefs and I know that I was greatly affected by her passion."

Picking up on the change in Izayoi as she speaks of Japan, Twist considers letting the topic lie. It may after all be painful. Leaving one's home country was not always the romantic leave taking of romance movies, as she knew personally. But she was curious and conversation was pleasant. It had been ... lacking of late and she missed it.

"I have never travelled to Japan. To any of the countries of the East in truth. May I ask what took you away? I hope that it wasn't a negative leave taking?"

"That sounds... different. I will admit that though I am familiar with rituals surrounding food and drinks, it is rarely more than what an establishment such as this would offer. Well... maybe more fancy. But still about the check at the end and making a customer feel it worth paying it."

She paused and then grinned, almost co-conspiratorially, "Though perhaps with my chosen affiliations it may be that I understand more of formal ritualizing anything than I am caring to admit." Next to the titles after all, wasn't it the rituals and formalities of the Invictus that so often drove away potential new members?

A nod, but one tinged slightly with regret at the potential misunderstanding. For some of those that had returned... well, there were streets in Sacramento as well.

She nods, respecting the other woman's wisdom in moving travel.

In the silence, Twist quietly orders a random selection, not knowing any better when the waitress comes round to check.

Looking up to Izayoi she blinks, thinking back. "Nearly 30 years now I believe. It is not long and yet, the city has changed much in such a short time."

Presence
    (Coquettish)
    Striking Looks
    (Aristocratic)
    Dexterity
    (Graceful)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Izayoi Goto

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A nod, accompanied by a smile, "My sire was less invested in theatre for the arts sake, but i was always fascinated by the costumes, the makeup. The glamour." a light laugh, and a sip of yea taken, "I did wish to go to New York and experience a Broadway show, but the lights and the risqué reality of Las Vegas drew my eye all the quicker."

"You should, it is a beautiful country." her smile fades as she remembers the sudden violence, the blood and ash. "My leave taking was unpleasant. My sire and sisters were slain. The monster who felled them is still out there. I have recived new of his appearance here. But as of yet...I have not glimpsed even his shadow fleeing once more into the night." she says, with all due solemnity.

She turns her mind away from her ineptitude and onto more pleasant matters, "Yes, I assumed you would be. Which made my joining all the easier, those many years ago. I was...uncertain how Westerners acted. They were brash and I found many rude, but to find a sponsor...that certainly changed my...life. I was blessed to discover not all Westerners were like those I had first met."

The waitress comes and gose and in the silence Izayoi drinks, studying the tea. The house's decor and the Daeva across from her.

"It truly isn't, but to others....that might be a lifetime. Many of those I've spoken too seemed to have made their home here recently. As I have." though equating months or years to the two months Izayoi had resided within the city limits might seem unequatible to those who hadn't the existence as long as hers and the Duchesses. Months and years were feeling, decades and centuries were a much more relatible timeline.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I have passed through New York for travels, but like you have not seen one of the shows there. I think though that they are more the play style of theater there no? Vegas style shows are more my style from what I have heard. Performances."

"Sentite condoglianze. I know what it is like to leave a home under similar circumstances." Her head tilted, her eyes narrowing, not at the other woman but at her words. "Here as in Sacramento? Or merely this side of the country?" Her title may be the rather simple one of Hound, but she was a member of Sacramento and she had put her unlife on the line more than once to insure that the streets of the city were kept in check. If there was a threat to the domain, she wanted to know about it.

And perhaps if he did show his shadow, Izayoi would find a companion in her hunt.

A laugh, amused understanding. "I wish that I could say that I found the formalities easy or even understandable. But I can claim no such thing. Even now I find myself speaking carefully when in certain situations. But I suppose that is a good thing. My quick words are not always the right words. I am glad that for you they are a positive to help counter this regions ways." Her tone hinted that she too had undergone the culture shock with her move.

A nod as she sipped her tea and then was forced to pause as the taste of the tea actually registered. From the aroma she was expecting ... more. But the hot liquid against her tongue was only faintly flavored hot water. Was she missing something? A subtle look toward the tea in front of Izayoi revealed that no, hers seemed the same color.

Was this truly what tea was? All of this? For that? Interesting.

Taking another sip, she brought her mind back to the conversation at hand.

"Yes. Many of the faces in the city are newer. I hope that they, and you of course, find it a good place to stay. To call home. For at least more than a passing night or two. What are your thoughts so far?"

12. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread