Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

Midnight. The pale moon wrestles with scudding cloud over the River City.

Hector is bored. And not particularly tired. First he cleans his den under the looping pile of interconnected freeways just south and east of Downtown. When that doesn't work, he sets out into the darkened streets where he slinks from shadow to shadow; or else he malingers under radiant pools of light openly stalking the cross roads of the sleeping city. Sometimes he window shops, staring vacantly at the goods on offer with his hands stuffed into ragged pockets that know no wallet.

He tries scavenging for food but finds that he is not that hungry under the light of the moon. She feeds him with a more rarified meal.

Eventually he discovers a little urban park with an empty play area. During the sunlit hours this place would be a haven for families and the laughter of children. In darkness, the empty swing and naked climbing apparatus draws to it an ambience of silent threat; the round about would be brightly painted but in the gloom it appears a blood red that creaks and groans with quiet possession.

Perhaps that is why Hector takes command of it, playing on it like was teenager again. Just him and the moonlight peek from beyond the ruined clouds.

And anyone else who is out during the witching hours...
    Iron Master <<Farsil Luhal>> Cahalith

Primal Urge: ●●●

2. Likes Vincent, Origins, liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

Rage singing, no work with Ozzy, Shake the shanty

+1
    SL
    PRE

Midnight, the turning point of where today became yesterday. Walking about in a suit at midnight was a sign of working very late or early. For the blonde woman walking through the park in a suit, it had been the former. Reasonable hours were not a thing for her, and she was fast making sure that the tie around her neck wasn't either.

Cutting through the park is just a quick way to reach her car faster. Its just that she didn't expect to see a weird guy playing on the children's swing as she finished removing her tie. "Ha?" Circe wraps her tie into a ball that she shoves into a inner pocket of her suit jacket. She has not intent of buttoning back up tonight.

Was this a mundy or someone more Lost? What were the terms to use for asking in public? He'd no Mantle she could notice. Shame that so many Lost started out as hobos.

A warm breeze follows her Italian accented words as she speaks, "Ya seem to be enjoying yourself. But aren't the seats a lil' bit small?"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

4. Likes Yumyumcrow, Vincent liked this post
    Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

"Small? Meh! Maybe. But you'd surprised what I can squeeze into."

Hector graced Circe the business woman with a broad, happy grin. That revealed his mangled teeth. His eyes gleamed with mirth in the moonlight. The round about drifted to a stop, inertia leached as the raggedy man sat motionless and calm on it.

"You starting early or up late?" His head tilted to one side as he picked up on the accent.

He didn't comment on it.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.
    Circe Scenes

(Harden Mask)Glamour 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

To the Fairest's credit, she didn't bat an eye at snaggle tooth display. "Yeah, I could ssssso turn that line inta a double entendre," the blonde giggled, "But instead I'll say I hope yer not taking that ride while drunk," Circe sing songed out, "Spin and beer leads to oh dear."

She'd keep her distance in case he was, "And yup, was workin' late. I'd not have takin' my tie off if I was going to work," Circe got a thoughtful look on her face as she added, "Plus I'd be cussing a lot more if I was startin' this early. And this is too nice a park for that. It'd have to be a more prickly park to merit cussing. And you?"

Mask Hardened
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

"Spin and beer!"

Hector whooped and sent to the merry-go-round spinning once more.

"Now if only I had beer. I don't. Which is sad. Oooh head. Heh!" He jabbered on as he span.

"As for the line? Take it! I can make more!" His snuggle toothed grin grew to epic proportions. He was a Cheshire Cat. Or a very hungry wolf.

"I'm playing. Don't you see. Nothing to do. Nowhere to be. The moon's my only companion. And the guys are grumpy at night unless you got food or drink to share. And I don't do drugs."

He didn't need the drugs. And why would be put cheap poisons into his holy Uratha frame?

"Do you play?" He asked mischievously. Daringly. This woman did not seem put off by his strange habits or his mangy clothes.

8. Likes Origins liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Circe Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

The blonde's eyes followed him as he spun. Despite his teeth the man's attempt at a Cheshire Cat grin wasn't all that scary to her. And he was amusing, as Circe let out a amused snort at the man's antics. She gave a nod of her head and a quick thumbs up, "Props on livin' clean then. Shame your boys are grumps and don't wanna play."

She then held up both hands palm up at shoulder height, "And while its great no drugs if you were asking for succor I ain't got that either," and her arms flopped back down. "I play many things," almost suggesting lazer tag. But that'd give too many hints about the Freehold if the guy wasn't just a crazy mundy.

A concern that was part of why Circe still had not approached closer, "So what is your game tonight?"

Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

"Spinning." Hector beamed happily.

"Maybe even swinging, afterward." He let his gaze drift, longingly, to the empty swings.

"Truth is, I can't get to sleep. And the moon is out and all. So I took that as an invitation to walk. Which I did - and ended up... here. Playtime! Haven't done this in years..."

He emphasised the last few words with a big sigh of contentment.

His eyes suddenly narrowed, cat-like. "What about you? This a regular short cut? Or something you did on a whim to clear the office from your head?" The sudden roughness to his voice hinted at his thoughts at the idea of structured work.

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Mein:

Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Circe Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

The cat like eyes didn't phase her. Hector may have seen an odd shift in her scelera, from white to deep crimson. Maybe a trick of the light?

"Eh,"
    Circe shrugged, "ya could say the last, and totally," the blonde raised both hands in fists just behind her shoulders. It required a little arching of her back to do so as the fists had the middle fingers extended, "Fuck the establishment." Circe chuckled kind of darkly, "And ya know what they say about the service industry. If ya don't feel like hitting customers with a haymaker ya day was blessed."

"Gotta admit though, this walk in the park is way better then others I've taken. Ain't filled with bunnies and rainbows but beats a hiking trail filled with thorns, right?" If he didn't react to that with understanding, then he was a mundy. If so, she saw no harm in contributing elbow grese to his spin. "So does yer spin need anything to work better? Like elbow grease?"

12. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    T
    TherianTheorist

Vincent Canteloup
    | Shade | Wolf-Blooded |
    / Manipulation Three / Presence Three / Striking Looks One /

A rough edged stone, partially polished after the fact, that was Vincent's image. A worn-down twenty-something, slightly gaunt in build, A set of fading dark circles under their eyes. But still, there was some quality that made them worth looking at, might have been the blonde mane past his shoulders, a single hairclip keeping it from becoming a wild mess, could have been the amber eyes stuck behind the windows of red-framed glasses, could just be the way he moved? He prefered to take long walks at night, where the staring was much less common.

Truth be told, he's doing the staring tonight. Amber eyes scroll over the two figures in the park as he walked by, they seemed to be quite a mismatched pair to him. As he saw it there was a raggedy man, one with the aura of a bodhisattva predator, and a well-dressed woman who he couldn't sense anything of the sort from. It was enough of a curiousity that he reflexively looked back over his shoulder, noting his 'pack' was more distant than usual, and didn't seem to be catching up anytime soon. He did up the second-from-the-top button of his deep red, untucked dress shirt, adjusted the pocket of his white jeans to get his phone to slide all the way down, and turned towards the pair. "Sorry, but may I ask what you two have been talking about? You make quite an odd pair, as you are."

As soon as the even-voiced words sliped out from behind oversized canine teeth, a quick wave of regret passed over him. What if he'd interrupted some kind of drug deal, or worse? Still, this was the first werewolf he'd encounted ever since he moved here, and he was not about to give them any way to know his situation, even if the seemingly-normal woman weren't already present.

Vince's mentioned 'pack' is a holdover from an NPC he was based on, back in a chronicle long-since dead. They will not be appearing in shards, for obvious reasons.

Last edited by TherianTheorist; Apr 14th, 2018 at 10:16 PM.  Reason for Edit: Formatting.

14. Likes Origins liked this post
    Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

"Always more elbow grease, baby!"

Hector cackled.

He didn't miss the veiled references though. This woman was dressed for the office and yet... For some reason, the inventive and imaginative raggedy man could not conceive of her actually working in an office. Not for long. Not in a standard office environment, at least; maybe in a more earthy, blue collar, office environment. Not unless she possessed the ability to completely subsume her persona into her work.

He kept his thoughts to himself and continued to enjoy the moment.

The arrival of Red Shirt cut his inner rumination short. Amber eyes in the moonlight. Powerful canines. Almost involuntarily, Hector licked his mismatched teeth in sympathy. Wolf Blooded or something else, perhaps? The full importance of that fact was lost on the raggedy man.

"Of course we do!" Hector replied, loudly, beaming brightly with his horrible, gap toothed, grin. "We talking about elbow grease and the daily grind. And which is better." He added unashamedly.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread