Ended
Watch

Bad Movies and Junk Food

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    J
    John Doe

"I'll be there for that," he wasn't going to turn down food like that.

The Faceless chuckled, "Well, I guess I picked right then." He was inwardly pleased with himself. He then noted to acquire more in the future.

Her giggling was infectious, "Oh damn right..." He too grew excited at the inevitable sugar high.

John watched Sera cutting the brownies with anticipation. "Rooming with Circe has been a major relief. No more people literally stepping on me while I'm asleep." He paused, realizing the sour tone he was giving off. "I'm sorry, I shouldn't be whining like that." He then continued, "I'm just so happy to be here, I can't let that negativity creep in on a good time here."

"I'm keeping Circe's house clean. I'm hunting for a job. She might have me lend a hand with her line of work."

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Sera's hands and lower legs are translucent while the rest of her has cracks
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Tear dropped shaped pendant, form fitted waterfall jacket

Misc.

-3 to any rolls involving Presence

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes
      -1 Glamour into Wyrdstone
      Dreaming, -1 WP to analyze, WP to hold Dream together, Dreamscape
      -1 Glamour for Dream Time, -1 WP, WP to Scour Glam to rebuild
     Harden Mask, Forgot to include in orig post, 

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

The Treasured grinned, “Reese’s are like, the junk food of the gods! They’re extra good in the summer when you’ve kept them in the fridge!” she had a soft spot for the chocolate and peanut butter treat.

“Hey that’s great!” she says, moving the plate to the coffee table and setting it down. “I remember when I first arrived here there was the boarding house. Attempted to cook to try and help repay having a roof over my head.” Then there was a shake of her head, “I don’t think my cooking improved, but everyone was really sweet about it.” She had great memories of Edna’s.

“No need to apologize, it’s all good. I get it.” A reassuring smile. “I’m a good listener if you need to vent.” She offered.

“How’s the job hunt going?” she asks with interest. “Glad Circe is going to let you help her. I’m sure she has some great connections.” To whatever it was she did.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

J
    John Doe

John laughed, "Oh definitely. I knew a Snowskin who would keep stuff cold for a favor. She'd hand out frozen Reese's during summer. Corny gal, her name was Ava Lanche. Ava was a Spring; such a delightful woman."

The Faceless followed the Treasured. He set the brownie down first, then sat next to her. "I plan to practice cooking. Maybe I can be a chef some day. Just need a my taste-tester before I cook for others."

The Court of Sorrow was notoriously somber. Yet, her smile warmed his heart. "Thanks Sera." He felt at ease with her. "I appreciate it."

Inching in closer until he was comfortably resting against her, he sighed contentedly. "Job hunt is okay for now. I'm trying to get a foot in the door at a shop that pays under-the-table. Restaurants are always hiring bussers, so I'm talking to them." He chucked lightly. "I make a point of returning to previous places every other week, with a different face. I figure my odds are better that way."

"Circe's got connections, no doubt of that. I might be able to help with transporting her merchandise."

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Softly shimmering gold flakes catch the light whenever she moves, delicate gilded and diamond scales extenuate the luminescent sapphires that are her eyes. The ocean lives in Sera's eyes, perfectly cut sapphires, gleam in the light. Deeper shades always shifting like the tide. The scales trail up to her temples and forehead. Her hair reaches down her back, brushing the back of her calves, spun silver and gold. Perfectly placed streaks of sea green are seen throughout her hair. Very fine diamond dust falls loose from her hair when she moves, reflecting rainbows from the light. The scales on her hands are dulled by the simple fact that her hands are translucent. There was an iridescent scale like skin that pulled delicately up from her ears. The membrane shimmered and created three curly points.
    Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Cherry blossoms gilded in gold bloom from her hair, tumbling down as a warm rejuvenating spring breeze gently kisses the air with the scent of freshly cut grass. The sound of birds singing can be heard as the wildflowers grow and bloom in vibrant colors where she walks, swaying and lively in the breeze.
    Seraphina

Mask
    A fairly tall woman, roughly 5'11 with long, wavy dark brown hair. Her eyes are an intense, deep bright blue, reminding one of sapphires. Her lips are full and her skin is flawless. With that perfection comes a body that men fawn and drool over, and women envy.

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Ring on right ring finger...the gold band matches her gilded golden skin, the blue sapphire matches her eyes and the diamonds her scales
    Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Sapphires widen, “Oh that would be a great to be able to do! I would be all about that! And I may or may not have a few bags in my fridge right now.” A wink. It was her weakness and she was not ashamed of it. “And corny is good! Means she was fun to be around.” She liked corny, it had it’s place and could usually always make her laugh.

“Oh a chef? Good field to get into! Have you looked into any schools or anything?”
    she asks. “And I’ll totally taste test if you want! I love food and I’m not afraid to be honest with you if it didn’t taste good.” A light laugh. “But of course in a nice way.” Cause criticism in a rude way wasn’t helpful.

There was a nod as she listened, “Wish I had more pull in the restaurant world, I’d offer to put in a good word for you.” But she was a mere coffee shop owner and not in the world of the more prestigious restaurant owners. Though she could sympathize with trying to find good help, it wasn’t as easy as people made it seem. “Did you think about talking to Sasha? She helped me with work when I first arrived, I sang at the Note. Always worth asking her, she’s super helpful.” She would always be grateful to the Dancer for helping her.

“Ah. Well I’m sure having someone you trust helping you move merchandise is always needed.”
    Not something she would do, but hey, to each their own. “And a good way of building trust between people.” Cause she was sure Circe wouldn’t let just anyone help her in that way.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

J
    John Doe

John laughed again, "I once told her to chill out, and she whipped out her makeup kit and told me to hold still. I didn't catch on immediately, that she was using my face as a mirror. Sassy."

The Darkling patted her shoulder in gratitude, "Thanks, I'll be sure to take you up on it." As for schools... "I'm not sure where to go yet. So I'm conserving my energy while I figure out what to do." The Winter sighed, "I don't want to...be face to face with too many Mundanes every day. I'm sort of a eccentric reclusive artist in that regard. I want my work to speak for me - cause I'm not so great."

John shook his head lightly, "I'm working on that part. I've got a Courtly duty that takes precedence - for me, personally, at least - if it comes to helping the Freehold, I prioritize that first."

He flexed his fingers, and took a bite of the brownie, "I guess I can tell you what it is." He shrugged lightly against her. "It's not really a big secret. It's just people think the wrong things when they hear it. I'm a Sun Banisher." He took another bite and swallowed. "I clean up any traces of Lost activity. True Fae, Privateers, Loyalists, Hunters, and whatever else is out there, I help keep us safe."

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

The Nix burst out laughing, “I have a feeling her and I would have gotten along beautifully!” she said between breaths.

There was a nod. “Well, you could always find Youtube videos on cooking and attempt to teach yourself that way. I have a feeling a private teacher would be expensive.” Cause private anything was expensive. “And maybe once you build your skills, you could talk to restaurants about maybe cooking for them a couple nights or days a week. And most chefs aren’t seen, so it could work. But come on now.” She said, voice turning a little more stern, “There’s nothing wrong with you, you just need some confidence! Which is a whole process in itself, but it can be done. I think once you begin to get better at cooking, or anything else for that matter, the confidence will begin to build. And o be quite honest, I used to be terrified of the stage and performing. Now my mother wasn’t that kind about it, and forced each performance. But after each time, I gained a bit of confidence. Took quite a while, but I got there. So that’s how I know you can get there.” A wink. Sometimes it helped knowing someone like her used to have stage fright.

Think the wrong things?

“Sun Banisher?” she says, testing the words. “Huh, well I could see how some people could get the wrong idea. But that could be from lack of understanding or wanting to understand. Personally? I think it’s great there are people like that to help keep us safe. And even if you say it’s not a big secret, I won’t say anything. Part of being friends is having trust.” Though she still wasn’t sure she would be comfortable sharing some of her past. With Quick it had been different, but then again, hey hadn’t really talked since she shared.

“Though hearing that makes me think you’ll give me a run for my money in the ring.” She says with a light musical laugh.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

J
    John Doe

John grinned, "You would've loved her. She was a treat..."

"I'll try out those cooking courses. It'll be helpful for myself and others. To me, street food is whatever can be scavenged."

As for the Sun Banisher, "It's like being a cop on a stakeout - overly dramatized for what it is. It's boring, yet, I have to be attentive. Vacuuming hairs. Washing everything with bleach. Microwaving hard drives. Replacing the dirty sheets with clean ones. It's often a rush job. Get in, clean, get out. Don't get caught. That's why the whole janitor gig came in handy."

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

Her mouth curved into a smile, “There you go! And if you ever want someone to go with you, give me a call. Maybe I’ll pick up a few pointers that will have me less reliant on takeout.” There was a laugh, “And remember, I will also taste test if you need. But I’m here for you, to help you if you need me.” She encouraged.

Her brows drew together, “Actually, I don’t think it sounds boring, kind of sounds exciting to me. But I don’t think I could do it.” A gentle shake of her head, “I hate cleaning.” A wink. “And obviously, you’re good at it, and have a high attention to detail, otherwise I don’t think you would hold such a position. But I could see how maybe after a while it could get boring, tiresome even. Is it a common position, or do you usually work alone, if I’m not prying of course.” She’d never pry into the business of other Courts.

“So what made you take on that role?” she asked with interest.
    Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

J
    John Doe

John wrapped his arms around Sera and squeezed her affectionately. "I am so grateful. If it wasn't for you, I doubt I'd even be considering cooking classes." The Dark retracted his arms, his fingers sliding along her hand, then weaving together with hers.

The Winter chuckled. "I can't say I enjoy it; I just tune it out and focus on what I'm doing." He smiled at her again, staring into her bejeweled eyes.

Then, he answered her questions. "I typically work alone. It's because something went wrong and I have to be there right now. That's how I always perceived it. It's way easier to make some Mundane walk out and feeling like nothing is out of the ordinary, as opposed to clean up in aisle five."

He nodded, "I chose this role because I had to make the best of a bad situation," pointing to his face. "Every day, I can be someone different. It was just a way to find some purpose in life." Doe caressed her forearm with a silver index finger. "It wasn't till I met you, I realized how I wanted to experience much more with someone special."

Seraphina
    Presence
    (Magnetic)
    Striking Looks
    (Enthralling)
    Distinctive Voice
    (Angelic)
    New Identity
    (Sarah Jones)
    Mantle (Spring)
    (In Mini Sheet)
    Seraphina

Mien

Seraphina

Fairest

Nix/Treasured
    Mantle

Seraphina

Mask

Health Tracker

Haunted House
    Items

Hedgespun Items

Misc.

Jewelry

Seraphina Scenes

+2
    SL
    +2
    DV
    PRE

Treasured Nix

It seemed to be what she did. Helped others figure out what they wanted and how they could get it. She did it for Mhairi, and now John.

“I can’t take all the credit, I simply helped you realize what you wanted and how to get it. So you get some of the credit too.”
    But it did feel good to know she helped.

She scrunched up her face, “If you don’t enjoy it, why do it?” inquiring minds wanted to know. Why do something you didn’t enjoy?

The corners of her mouth twisted up into a grin, “It’s also probably easier to not have to keep an eye on what someone else is doing. Make sure they’re doing it right. What’s that saying? Too many cooks spoil the soup?” she looked thoughtful then laughed, “I think I got that one wrong.” Yeah, she was pretty sure she did, but whatever.

His explanation still didn’t sit right with her. Even making the best out of a bad situation, why not find something you loved? She couldn’t do something, a job or anything else, unless she enjoyed it on some level. And maybe John did.

Someone special? Certainly that wasn’t her.

There was a brief flush of her cheeks as she searches for something to say, “So which movie did we want to start with?” she asks, grabbing another brownie.

Treasured/Nix Wyrd●●●●

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 3

You do not have permission to view the list of names.