Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella had gotten the word out. The Mysterium had grown, more than trebbled in size in the past few months. Firstly from new arrivals, fresh to the River City Consilium; secondly and perhaps more importantly, he had personally bought an Apostate into the Order - and he counted Aurora quite a coup, given what he knew of her history and long-standing connection to Sacramento.

Now that there was an actual presence in the city, the Dadouchos decided that they should formally gather, learn about one another, and chart a course moving forward.

Campanella waits at the Circle of Creation. He stands in the cloisters next to the octagonal chapter house, dressed in a set of ceremonial robes that lend him the appearance of a university professor sans the iconic mortar board hat. The doors of the chapter house are open wide and there is the flickering glow of candle light from within.

Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

2. Likes Cayce, Orianna, Vincent liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A meeting. A Mysterium meeting!

To say she wasn’t a nervous wreck would be a lie. She had been a bundle of nerves since learning of the gathering, and had no clue what to expect.

So she dressed up a little. Seemed like a smart thing to do, try and make a good impression.
    Black leather pants were paired with a brownish colored sweater and strappy heels. She threw on her favorite long red leather coat and left her hair down.

She almost did a couple shots to calm to nerves, but decided not to.

Walking into the Circle, she pauses, taking a deep breath before continuing forward.

Would the others simply think she was a stupid blonde? She had no real formal educational training. Or would they look past her hair color and, well, past?

She just had to go in and take it as it came.

So she walks in, and immediately stops.

Campy was in a…robe? Did she need a robe? She didn’t remember hearing anything about a robe!

Her mouth works for a moment, she was clearly unsure of how to proceed.

“I,” she begin, “I didn’t know about the robe thing.” There was something in her tone.
    Embarrassment? “Do I need one? Can I get one before anyone else shows up?” her nerves obvious.

4. Likes Cayce, Vincent liked this post

Langdon
    Doctorate
    Langdon

PRE

Black suits are cliche, both in Sleeper and Awakened society. While black is a comfortable color to wear personally, its not a good choice professionally.

Instead Langdon had found a dark charcoal suit. That some would argue there is not a large difference between the two is something Langdon is not aware of. So the Moros shows up at the Circle of Creation. And stares.

Then stares some more.

Finally he gets himself inside...and stares.

"Beautiful." And incredible. Now who had built it, why, and what is this all for. Pulling himself back from the everything around him Langdon looks around and makes his way towards the other Awakened.

Langdon comes to a stop near Campanella and Aurora. A respective nod to the senior Mystagogue and a respectful nod to the elder Awakened. Doubt clicks on as the robe registers. "Hmm we can find appropriate robes afterwards. My own set are out of date at this point." Langdon's right hand pats just to the left of his sternum below his heart. "I brought my tool, it is a knife, I hope that is not inappropriate."

6. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    Bump Cayce "Bump" this post

Epitaph
    Striking Looks
    (Death's Angel)
    Epitaph

Nimbus:
    When Epitaph draws upon the fearsome power of the Tower of Doom, the shadows grow deep and every living being appears to be horrifically rent in an orgy of grotesque murder.

Month Long:
    Death Sight pot 1
    Death Armor 2e pot 1

+1
    SL
    PRE

Epitaph swept into the Circle of Creation in a swirl of black cloth, her robes fluttering behind her like a dark shroud blown by building storm winds. Her flesh was like that of a corpse, the lifeless pallor emphasized by the shadowed stain around her eyes and upon her lips. Even her eyes denied her vitality, an artificial white laying over her irises. The only hint of color to Angel of Death was the reflection of it in her silver piercings.

"I am glad that the winter storms* have passed, and that the weather is now passing fair," she said in greeting as she swept into the room. "Perhaps that is why our numbers are growing."

In particular, Langdon fell beneath her pale gaze, the Theoricus appraising the stranger now in their midst.

*Epitaph is signalling her status/initiation.

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

Campanella nods as the Mystogogues gather.

To Langdon: "It is not inappropriate. Please go in and take a seat."

To Aurora: "The robes will come with time. We can set you up properly later." He gives the Thyrsus a welcoming smile.

To Epitaph: "Indeed. I am hopeful for the future." His hands moved from his side, forming the prescribed responses as the gothic Moros passed. "Please enter the Athenaeum and find a seat."

The Chapter House Athenaeum was an octagonal room with a reinforced door and securely covered windows. Only a little ambient light from the night outside seeped in through the exposed top of the arched windows. The only light source was candles - lots of them - that shaped the gloom into a rough sphere around a single alter, upon which was a large and ornate looking book: Campanella's copy of the Corpus Mysteriorum. A censor hung from a stand placed by the alter, scented smoke rising lazily to the ceiling. Apart from that, the Athenaeum appeared remarkably... bare.

There were no seats. However, once their eyes grew accustomed to the dimness, they could see that there were window seats cut into the walls around the arched window frames. It would seem that Campanella's intention was to treat his fellow Mystogogues like the monks of old when they were in conclave; like like those ancient and learned religious, they would sit in the carved window seats and speak across the empty space of the room.

When the last of the group has entered, Campanella closes the door with a purposely heavy thud.

"I bid my brothers and sisters welcome to this our Caucus," Campanella intoned as he settled into a window seat himself. "May I suggest we begin by learning a little of one another and then moving to any business that we may wish to bring to the floor. At this point I have no specific agenda to pursue..."

He paused.

"You know me as Campanella. I am a Moros on the Path of Doom and saved through the Watchtower of the Leaden Coin in the Realm of Stygia. I am a known Dadouchos of our Order and have been our sole representative for some time past. It gives me much pleasure to sit with my peers once more." A smile crinkled his face softly.

He continued: "My Sophiad focusses on Exoterics: Alchemy as source of hidden meaning and cultural form; I also delve into a bit of Sociology as well - Alchemy again but also Automata, but I'll have to admit I am but a student on that front and can by no means replicate the artifice of past generations".

He spared a moment to look across the gulf of the empty room. "As you can see, our Athenaeum is rather... bare. I must regretfully report that the old Athenaeum was lost during the Seer attacks on our Consilium. I am seeking to remedy this but the work is slow. I have put in motion an effort to obtain a Grimoire, which is being worked on as we speak. Once the Grimoire is obtained I plan to secure it, here."

He ended his speech, wondering what the others would make of that.

9. Likes , Cayce liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

And someone new, without robes as well. Maybe slightly comforting?

But he has some, just out of date.

She simply offers a smile, still feeling completely out of place.

But Epitaph has robes, and it furthers her nerves.

Campy’s words were more comforting, robes could come later. Well, if they still wanted her that is.

A smile nod as she enters the Athenaeum, blue eyes widening in awe as it was taken in.

The numerous candles adding something mythical to the feel of the room.

No chairs, but the window seats were noted and she watches Campy settle into one himself. So she does the same, moving to an empty one and sitting.

Oh shit. It was time to go around the room and play get to know each other.

And as Campy talked, her heart began to hammer, she didn’t have anything like that to say. In fact, she didn’t have much to say. And immediately wanted to wrap the shadows around herself and go unnoticed.

She blinks a few times, trying to form her thoughts into something that would sound good and not make her look like an idiot.

“Oh, well, ok. I’m Aurora, I walk the Path of Ecstasy. I was a Thearch, had been since my Awakening but recent events had me rethinking my choices. After I left their ranks, I found my calling with the Mysterium, and here I am.”

A deep breath was taken, “And since we’re getting to know each other so to speak, I have not always been a Thyrsus. My original Awakening was that of the Path of Thistle, something the Seer’s did, one of their attacks, caused me to reawaken onto a new Path.” There, that was out there. She didn’t really enjoy talking about it anymore. Not since losing Tuesday, she wasn’t sure who to trust with the information. But this was her Order now, they needed to know.
    “I do look forward to proving myself and discovering what my Sophaid will be. And I fully intend to put all my effort into recovering artifacts and Grimoires to grow the Athenaeum.”

She probably sounded like an idiot. But she was new, only recently joining, and wouldn’t have any of the fancy things to tell about herself.

11. Likes , Cayce, Yumyumcrow liked this post

Epitaph
    Striking Looks
    (Death's Angel)
    Epitaph

Nimbus:
    When Epitaph draws upon the fearsome power of the Tower of Doom, the shadows grow deep and every living being appears to be horrifically rent in an orgy of grotesque murder.

Month Long:
    Death Sight pot 1
    Death Armor 2e pot 1

+1
    SL
    PRE

Once Epitaph's eyes had adjusted to the gloom through her contacts, she found herself most pleased, an ember of contentment stirring in her breast as she basked in the candlelit mysticism of the room. With measured paces, she glided to an empty seat, the comforting presence of the walls surrounding her as she sank onto the concave bench. She had suspected that she would find Campanella pleasant to work beside, their semblance like that of twin shadows cast from their Watchtower, and so far, her suspicions had been proven true.

However, she was surprised to hear that he was an Exoteric. Perhaps she shouldn't have been, but it was good to know, as was the fact that they would be, in essence, rebuilding their connection to Atlantis through the creation of their Athaneum. The fact that this was a result of the Seer's attacks, as was the realignment of an entire soul, was most dire news indeed. Though, there was something else about Aurora's revelation that made Epitaph take notice.

When they had first met, Aurora had mentioned that there was something very personal that had happened to her as a result of the Seer's activities, but she had refused to share the details. Until now, that is. Hmm. She must have been concerned about uninitiated ears hearing what she had to say. If so, she had done a marvelous job of tricking Epitaph. She would be one to watch if she had such skills.

And then, a moment of silence grew, and Epitaph realized that it was her turn to speak. Very well. She had been most looking forward to beginning her work here.

"Greeting to you all," she intoned, her voice sonorous in the flame lit chamber. "I am Epitaph, Priestess of Stygia. As I shared when I entered, I am, like Campanella, a Dadouchos of the Mysterium, though I prefer the title of Theoricus. I came here not to challenge Campanella, but to assist him in his efforts to rebuild our Order's foundations in this Consilium. I have also come to continue my Sophiad, which is focused upon the Supernological study of Death in the fallen world."

Her peace said, she turned her pale gaze to the other newcomer, curious who he was, and what role he would play within their Order. Langdon

13. Likes Yumyumcrow, , Vincent liked this post

Langdon
    Doctorate
    Langdon

PRE

An ever so small tilt of Langdon's head gives away his confusion at pale women's discussion of winter. Some people aren't used to winter lasting for half the year are they. The Moros nods in thanks to Campanella and enters the Athenaeum, taking a moment to let the room in and feel it before finding a window sill to lean against. Campanella lays out the means of introduction and shares his own story.

Aurora though, Langdon is almost disappointed that she doesn't carry a flaw in some way. Unless where ever that changed happened has a crack? Surely it left a mark...and what a wonderous mark it would be.

"I am Langdon, also a walker of the Path of Doom. I am a Neokoros of our Order." A pauses as thought flows. "I am glad to have arrived here to help us rebuild." Eyes flick through the room, so empty, so much waiting potential. "My Sophiad is a bit, confusing at this point. Something I would like to discuss in the future with the two of you."

"I studied the Exoterics from the time of my Awakening. I have been investigating the similarities in religious symbols across disparate cultures to see how they align. However as I grew into being a fully fledged Neokoros I shaped my soul and now walk a dual path with the Reality Stalkers. Investigating this damaged world we live in." The grey glyph pressing against reality hangs around the Stalker.

15. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

Campanella schools his features; his inclination of the head is the only evidence that he has been listening at. Three Moros and Shaman; life and death; matter and spirit. What a combination, should their gathering grow into a viable Caucus. Idle speculation entered his head: the rate they were going they might all end up pegged as Reclaimers, given the needs of the Athenaeum and the overall skill set.

"So. We know who we are. And we have an idea of the main thrust of our interests. I can see that there is some overlap already between all of us, which is a good thing. I have nothing further to add at this time, other than Aurora is a Cabal-mate of mine; we are both members of Nidhogg's Bane."

He gestured toward Aurora.

"You know of my plan to rebuild the Athenaeum and that I have a scheme currently in the works, as it were. Does anyone else have anything to share? Or is there something you wish to discuss? I'd venture this is as good a forum as any."

The Moros shifted in his seat, wondering if he should get some cushions for these damnably solid window seats built into the walls. Or even if he could get away with a spell. He wasn't a monk!

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Legs crossed as the Shaman listened intently as everyone spoke.

So Epitaph claimed the same title as Campy did, yet didn’t seek to challenge him on it.

Interesting.

And she studied Death. Something she had recently began to explore. Which probably seemed weird with her being a Thyrsus, but Death went with Life. Different sides of the same coin to her, so it made sense to her to study it.

Wait, another Moros?! Boy, their numbers grew! She felt a little more out of place.

And it wanted to discuss his Sophaid with Campy and Epitaph. She shouldn’t be offended, she was new, didn’t even have her own Sophaid yet. But she wanted to be included, to expand her understanding as well. Though it didn’t feel like her place to say anything. But she’d remember it.

The talk of the Sophaid got her brain working on what her’s would be. There were a few ideas, and while she was tempted to ask, once again, she wasn’t sure it was appropriate.

So instead, she simply nods when Campy mentions they shared a Cabal, and lets those with more experience than her, take control of the conversation.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread