Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1804) Sanctuary 15

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last

0 Scenes

The Circle of Creation is a large imposing building of got his architecture. It is an almost perfect replica of Westminster, but no one ever notices. Sleeper eyes slide over the building and only Awakened eyes can pierce the subtle occultation

The empty echoing halls full of memory and erstwhile glimpses of used-to-be or elsewhen, has given way to life. With the sudden flood to Awakened willing to give aid and determind to make the Rver City their home, tyere is hope.

This light replaces the echoing loneliness and desolation that this Sanctuary had been intching towards.

But as always Sacramento's Wise mustn't be lulled into an ever presten sense of security, for there are dangers always an ever awaiting them...

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella turned up, sans Sight and Shield. The Sanctuary was, after all, supposed to be a place of safety and the Moros decided to lead by example.

Finding the building empty, he folded his coat over his arm and made straight for the replica of the Henry VII chapel. This Mystogogue was set on establishing that portion of the building as the newly resurgent Consilium's council chamber. He took his seat as before, high in the registers so he could look out over the whole assembly.

Making himself comfortable, the Moros began to idly speculate on how long it would be before other Cabal's formed. Nidhogg's Bane had existed long enough to gain a sense of its identity as the only Cabal in town; similarly the group and its forebears had a long tradition with West Sacramento. It would be very interesting to see how that identity was shaped by the rise of other groups in the city.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

3. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Curvy)
    Sand

Nimbus:
    Tiny sparkling particulates like dust motes are shed to reveal what is below. With vulgar magic, the shedding is more of a scouring and the motes obscure in the frenzy.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar 0
    Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/2

[3] Supernal Vision (Rit)

+1
    SL
    PRE

A change in routine- no longer meet and gather around the clock. An informal subtle symbolism of what drove the mages of Sacramento for the duration here.

But now it was to the Chapel. What symbolism would come about from the change would have to be seen.

ATM it was simply a location change.

2 Mages of Nidhoggs Bane
    0 Mages of Sudden Flood

"Hey Campanella! Anything fun going on?"

1 of many empty seats is spotted and claimed.

V
    Vauban

The odds of getting jumped, assaulted and/or murdered were statically low at whatever location was being used for the local Consilium. Still the newest Libertine to Sacramento had to fight the urge to go in shields, sights and whatever esoteric protections he could think of. Being the only member of the Free Council in the entire place had left him feeling a little uneasy. Though that feeling had stuck with him the moment he stepped into city limits. He really was not sure which was the cause and what was just amplifying it.

After a minute of looking around the interior of the improbable recreation of Westminister, he finally found himself in the Chapel. "Hey." He said with a small, stiff wave. Eyes scanned the room, taking in the small details. "Um. Any of these taken?" A questioning look was on his face as he pointed to the assortment of chairs. Any protocols the mages of Sacramento has set up were still a mystery to the Moros and just breaking them thoughtlessly was not gonna endear him to the locals.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

On her way to the Circle, she stops for coffee.

Because of course she does.

But this time, when she gets some to go, she gets plenty to bring with her. More than they’ll probably need. But with the way new people had been randomly showing up, she was going to have to covered this time. Plus, she’d drink any that was left over because one does not waste coffee.

So in walks the Shaman, clad in mostly black, leather, pants, save for a white t-shirt. Her black suede booties announcing her arrival.

And she spots two familiar faces with one new. Well, not as familiar as Campy and Sand anyways.
    Smiling wide, “Hey! I brought more coffee this time!” she says holding up a box of coffee. Which looks like enough for at least 20 people if someone was guessing.

A seat was picked and she plopped herself down, holding up the coffee still, “Anyone want some? Have cream, sugar and cups in this bag.” A brown paper bag was held up.

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

To Vauban: "No. Please, sit. This... This is the council chamber. Pick anywhere in the registers you like."

Campanella was being sneaky. If anyone else knew of the original division of the Sanctuary, then they would have realised the Chapel had been the designated spot of the Free Council Assembly.

To Sand: "Just waiting. I thought we'd be filling up by now."

The Moros chuckled. "Always prepared? I fear this time we are a little thin on the ground. I'll have a coffee."

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Curvy)
    Sand

Nimbus:
    Tiny sparkling particulates like dust motes are shed to reveal what is below. With vulgar magic, the shedding is more of a scouring and the motes obscure in the frenzy.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar 0
    Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/2

[3] Supernal Vision (Rit)

+1
    SL
    PRE

1st of the newer mages to Sacramento to arrive: Vauban. A nod of greeting as Campanella answers. Hesitation is noted but no understand is forthcoming.

Aurora = 3/3 for Cabal. A smile & wave.

”Hopefully it isn’t a case of you being the only one we scared off. Following Campanella’s comment but addressed to Vauban.

”I guess I can indulge today.”
    1 coffee. Black.

”What do you want in yours Campanella? I’ll grab it for you? And should we wait to see if it wasn’t an illusion last time or is there any pressing matters that need attention?”

9. Likes Vincent liked this post
    V
    Vauban

Vauban reached out for a chair not far from where he was standing. It looked like he was about to pull it out, but he stopped.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-04-08 06:28:17 Vauban rolls 4 to You hiding something Campanella? (Wits+Subterfuge) (10 Again) 4, 8, 5, 7 1 success

He frowned. Something about the hesitation in Campanella's sentence gave him pause. It sounded similar to someone changing gears mid-sentence. Was he hiding something? Of course he is. "...Thank you." He finally said as he pulled the chair out. "Traffic or something else came up?" It was not an official meeting with secret, secured messages so he suspected today was not an overly important day to show up.

"Hello" A nod was offered to Aurora. Followed by a smile at the promise of caffeine. "I'll try to remember to pay you back." He offered her.

He smiled slightly at Sand as he took a seat. "Gonna take more than that to scare me off again."

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A wide smile as the coffee was accepted. It was always good when you brought something people liked. Maybe she should bring cupcakes or something next time.

An eyebrow was raised, “Thin ground?” did she missed something.

As Sand said she’d take a coffee too, one was handed to her.

Shrugging, “I’ve been thinking about the Bismark lately. I’m kind of curious if there is any Spirits in the upper floors. Cause clearly the basement is a hot spot, but a hostile one. Not one I’m sure we have enough info to handle yet. But the top might have more, uh, sociable Spirits?” was an idea. “And the Spirit I spoke with the first time, in the coffee shop, seemed friendly and willing to talk, maybe they’d have some more useful stuff. Just my two cents.” She still wanted to know what was up with that place.

A smile was offered to Vauban with a shake of her head, “It’s all good. I pretty much live off coffee so only seems right to being enough for everyone else. And I like sharing my bad habits.”

12. Likes Vincent liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

Now it was Campanella's turn to raise an eyebrow.

"Where is everyone?" The Moros gestured about him.

"So the Bismark has been in your thoughts, has it? Understandable. I recall that have... shall we say, unfinished business there. The last time you spoke of the place, it sounded like you had discovered much that was... troubling. So you wish to go back for another look? Is that it?"

What he had heard from his Cabal was both strange and troubling.

Looking over at the Libertine. "But perhaps you should explain to Vauban here, yes? Bring in a fresh perspective?"

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread