Lorna Holmes
    (Around Sleepers)
    Barely there English Accent
    Allies
    (Unions)
    Lacuna

Any mage with the sense for it will note that Lacuna has a Destiny

Nimbus

At first, there is a soft rattling of chains tickles your ears, which increase in volume as the sound of something heavy scraping the floor echos out. The scraping grows louder, and now heavy measured footsteps a company the ominous cacophony...which you realize seems to come from everywhere, no matter the distance.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2
    Occult 2

Vulgar
    Active Spells: / 6
    Personal Spells:

(Paper Chace) 2eSpace Sight 2suxx,2eMindSight 2suxx,2eSpaceArmor1suxx DEF 5, Read matrices 2suxx, portal 8suxx |1vulgar 1 mana, 1 resistant bashing contagion in effect

(Grubs) 2eSpaceArmor1suxx DEF 5, 2eSpaceSight1suxx,2eMindSight2suxx, Portal 4suxx, Vulgars 1, | 4 Mana
    contagion in effect

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lacuna plays guide to Hamia to the motel room that has been her own for a few nights now.

It's a piece of shit. Cheap, and management asks no questions.

How many times had she and her crew ambushed a pack of monsters living or preying of the residents in a place like this?

Shaking the thought from her head she leads the Talon to her room, unlocks the door, paint peeling but surpusingly not hanging of the hindges awkwardly. Seens the blond had already set her tools to her temorary home. The once Hunter strides purposefully inside. Leaving the door open for the burnette to follow her.

"Fucking hell!" come a curse and a banging sound. "Remebered where my coffee maker was, bloody thing is at the bottom of the closet." more grunts and cursing is heard as the near giantess squats down to dig through her belongings.

Eventually she stands, off white coffee maker in hand, she washes it out quickly before plugging it in. A filter is placed, the coffee ground next. Water goes in the tank and she flips the switch.

All that was left was for it to brew.

"So..." she begins, but trails off, taking a seat on the lone lumpy mattress and offers the only decent chair to her guest.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

2. Likes liked this post

Hamia
    Striking Looks
    (Appealing)
    Presence
    (Guarded)
    Hamia

Nimbus:
    Vulgar magic causes Hamia's form to skip and stutter, as if each movement of each limb was recorded at a different time - then spliced back together.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hamia doesn't turn her nose at the place's appearance. There are far worse living conditions than this, that's for sure. One night in the desert could easily dispel any illusions of the contrary. A bang from inside draws her in, worried Lacuna had hurt herself.

"Everything good?"
    But the tall blonde seems no worse for the wear. Just frustrated.

With coffee underway, Hamia shrugs and takes the chair offered. "What?" she asks, brows turning slightly in concern. "It's just us here. You don't have to... I don't know... censor yourself." She tries a smile to diffuse the tension. Or whatever it is. "We can talk about whatever. Or just go straight into business on this cabal thing. I'm not in a hurry."

Time Armor 2E effects (when active): +3 Defense (works against firearms)/+0 Armor

4. Likes Cayce, Vincent, liked this post
    Presence
    (Taciturn)
    Striking Looks
    (Statuesque)
    Lorna Holmes
    (Around Sleepers)
    Allies
    (Unions)
    Lacuna

Nimbus

At first, there is a soft rattling of chains tickles your ears, which increase in volume as the sound of something heavy scraping the floor echos out. The scraping grows louder, and now heavy measured footsteps a company the ominous cacophony...which you realize seems to come from everywhere, no matter the distance.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2
    Occult 2

Vulgar
    Personal Spells:

(Paper Chace) 2eSpace Sight 2suxx,2eMindSight 2suxx,2eSpaceArmor1suxx DEF 5, Read matrices 2suxx, portal 8suxx |1vulgar 1 mana, 1 resistant bashing contagion in effect

(Grubs) 2eSpaceArmor1suxx DEF 5, 2eSpaceSight1suxx,2eMindSight2suxx, Portal 4suxx, Vulgars 1, | 4 Mana
    contagion in effect

+1
    SL
    PRE

As the water warms Lacuna is quiet, her eyes not leaving the brunette as she speaks, but it isn't until the steady drip drip drip of the coffee making its way to the pot sounds that the blond nods and opens her mouth to speak.

"We both know why we're here. What's the point in pussyfooting around?" she asks, the shifts her gaze to the coffee. "I thought you'd want to wait for the coffee to finish brewing. But I'm not one for small talk." or much talk, at least not anymore, "I asked if you wanted to join a cabal with me and seeing as you're here I'm assuming the answer is yes. I don't think you'd come here for shorty coffee otherwise." the momentum of her speech feels awkward and stilted, she'd already spoken a lot today. "So, our purpose is to watch each others backs, protect what's ours. Find an unclaimed Hollow, build a Sanctum around it. And have a cool fucking name." she finishes quote seriously, but there it is, that spark of mischief, spark eking in her eye.

6. Likes Yumyumcrow, Cayce, , Vincent liked this post

Hamia
    Striking Looks
    (Appealing)
    Presence
    (Guarded)
    Hamia

Nimbus:
    Vulgar magic causes Hamia's form to skip and stutter, as if each movement of each limb was recorded at a different time - then spliced back together.

+1
    SL
    PRE

This must be hard for her, Hamia imagines. Like even talking with her this much is cramping her reticent vibe. But Hamia isn't scared away by a challenge.

"Yes! Cool fucking name." That little bit of mischief is enough to get the brunette hyped. Hype is good. It brings people out of their shells. "Maybe you and I don't have the same ideas about why we're here." she says, smiling an arcane, loaded smile. "Sure, ultimately, we're gonna get to the cabal thing. But I really just wanted to spend some time with you. We could have just shaken hands and called ourselves a 'squad' while we were still with the others." She shrugs. "You invited me here. Bribed me with coffee. So now you're stuck with me."

The familiar, comforting scent of brewing coffee catches her nose. 'Shitty' coffee or no, she needs a steady stream to keep the headaches at bay. Hamia toys a little with a strand of her hair before tucking it behind her ear. "I think the coffee's almost done."

Time Armor 2E effects (when active): +3 Defense (works against firearms)/+0 Armor

8. Likes Cayce, liked this post
    Presence
    (Taciturn)
    Striking Looks
    (Statuesque)
    Lorna Holmes
    (Around Sleepers)
    Allies
    (Unions)
    Lacuna

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2
    Occult 2

Vulgar
    Personal Spells:

contagion in effect

+1
    SL
    PRE

"For it was an arduous journey through places untraveled to learn of this sacred information." dryly said as she moves back to the closet, and it myriad of cardboard boxes, to reach in and grab a pair of mugs. Inelegantly Lacuna makes her way to the bathroom to give the mugs a quick wash, before setting them on the end table the coffee mug rested on. More movent and cardboard box diving retrieves the sugar and the powder creamer substitute. Having no source if refrigeration meant she could keep actual milk.

"Hope you don't mind," said as she puts both containers on the end table.

Moving back to her lumpy bed, the near gaintess pours herself a cup, then adds the sugar and powdered creamer.

"So." falling back onto her favorite opening syllable. "You want to spend time with me? Didn't you know I'm not that personable. Most find me to...me for their tastes." holding her warmed mug in her great hands.

10. Likes Cayce, liked this post

Hamia
    Striking Looks
    (Appealing)
    Presence
    (Guarded)
    Hamia

Nimbus:

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Yeah, alright. Got me there..." she says, rolling her eyes a little. Mostly for her own sake, since Lacuna is busy grabbing cups and things. She spins around in her seat to peek over at the taller woman as she rummages for cups and things. She's not bad looking. She's got this sort-of classical beauty, like something you see in older artwork. She's also not so pretty that she's intimidating.

When Lacuna comes back in her direction, she casually looks away like she'd been studying the peeling paint. "Oh, no. It's fine. I've made do with less. I don't know if you've ever tried an MRE? The coffee that comes in it is just powder you heat up with, like, a hand-warmer on steroids." She busies her hands with packets of sugar and powered creamer, shaking them back and forth to collect them into the bottom of the pouches. Once or twice she looks back up at Lacuna while assembling her drink. "No, I got that. But that's OK." she says, finally satisfied with the contents of her mug. "I happen to like people who don't talk all the time."

"But I'll need a little input on this name thing."
    she says, leaning forward and cradling the cup with both hands. "Something to work with. Somethiiing... important to you."

12. Likes , Cayce liked this post
    Presence
    (Taciturn)
    Striking Looks
    (Statuesque)
    Lorna Holmes
    (Around Sleepers)
    Allies
    (Unions)
    Lacuna

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2
    Occult 2

Vulgar
    Personal Spells:

contagion in effect

+1
    SL
    PRE

The shift of her brows acclaimed to all, 'You don't say?'

A nod, "I have." but dosen't elaborate. "Point is, this is a bribe right?" grimacing a little as she sips the scalding liquid. "Wish it was a better quality."

The Acanthus fixes her own coffee and Lacuna pulls in another scalding mouthful.

"Good." a smirk, they both knew she wasn't one for small talk, or any talk really.

"Naming anything is a struggle, doubly so when it'll stay for a good long while or if its important. This, is both." peering to the contents of her mug, as if she could divine the answer within. "What's important to me....is important to you."

She looks up, there's fire in her steely blues, "Protecting people from monsters."

14. Likes liked this post

Hamia
    Striking Looks
    (Appealing)
    Presence
    (Guarded)
    Hamia

Nimbus:

+1
    SL
    PRE

She could have a point, there, but it's too late to be picky. The snare had been set with coffee, and Hamia wouldn't know what kind without stepping in to find out.

Hamia makes a half smile. Lacuna may not be big on talk, but there are ways to bring it out of her. Talking about what's 'important' is apparently one of them. Just as she's ready to gloat a little about it - what? Important to her? She was paying attention, before. Now she edges forward on the chair in anticipation.

When Lacuna's steely gaze meets the Acanthus' and she makes her reveal, Hamia grins. She scoots back to a more comfortable position on the chair and then... laughs. She covers her mouth and tries to hold it back, but all she can really do is let out a breathless "I'm sorry! I just... ohh man." She averts her eyes and clears her throat, struggling to keep the smile at bay. "Ahem. You're not wrong. About protecting people. Oh! And I wasn't laughing at you. I'm just... yeah. I'm being ridiculous. Honestly? I was hoping for more than just coffee and cabal talk. And I think I may have gotten the wrong idea."

She shakes her head, avoids eye contact. There's still a ghost of a grin on her face when she offers "I picked up a little Arabic 'over there'. Well, technically I read some primers first. But anyway, you know what Hamia means? Protector." She spares Lacuna a glance, now. "But a name in Arabic might not mean as much to you as it would to me. I don't just want to throw ideas out there if you wouldn't be into it."

16. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Taciturn)
    Striking Looks
    (Statuesque)
    Lorna Holmes
    (Around Sleepers)
    Allies
    (Unions)
    Lacuna

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2
    Occult 2

Vulgar
    Personal Spells:

contagion in effect

+1
    SL
    PRE

The grin is expected, less bloodthirsty then the last time she'd said something like this, to make a very similar offer. The laughter is less expected. Lloyd was a not mad. Like to laugh his ass off, but in this context...Lacuna frown. Furrowing her brow as the Acanthus tries to explain away her laughter.

"I prefer getting business over with first. Then comes whatever else. So our business gets done, and we save ourselves the stress of worrying or talking around the topic.". she explains. Riskibg another sip of her coffee, "What idea?"

A nod, she'd picked up a few things too. Most of it was bull. Some of it wasn't.

"Mythology? Any legends or heroic figures that come to mind?" sitting herself forward, forearms on her thighs, coffee mug held between her meaty hands. "I know neither of us are Moros, but we're guard dog, yeah? Cerberus? Or Somthing Cerberus, or Cerberus something?" she puts forward, looking at her excitable, yet guarded soon-to-be-proper cabal mate.

Hamia
    Striking Looks
    (Appealing)
    Presence
    (Guarded)
    Hamia

Nimbus:

+1
    SL
    PRE

Hamia takes a tentative pull from her mug. The hot liquid isn't ambrosia, but it's still her preferred medium for caffeine delivery. She takes full advantage of the time it takes her to sip at it, stalling her answer. Then, as nonchalantly as she can manage while still wearing a smile, she says "I thought maybe you wanted some company. 'Over for coffee' is almost never just about coffee. In my 'humble' experience." Except, maybe, a couple times. When she really just wanted to refuel.

As if she hadn't mentioned any of that, she shifts back to the name game. "Cerberus? A little dark, maybe. I get the dog reference, though. But Greeks have all kinds of material to work with. I know I've read something about Artemis having a dog. Laelaps. She never failed to catch whatever she went after. I think that's more my style, anyways." She grins mischievously. "I don't just sit around waiting for trouble to find me. I look for it. And take care of it." She purses her lips, placing her finger over them as she thinks. "How about... Hounds of Artemis? You and me can both go looking for trouble. And we'll always catch it."

19. Likes liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread