(Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink

+1
    SL
    PRE

She hadn’t thought too much about Alice waking on her own. “If she wakes on her own, which, at some point, will happen, I can only hope she is well. Her Ghoul seems to have her best interest in that living heart of hers, so there is that. As to where Torpored rest? Well, right here in Nox. There is a room where we lay them to rest. They need to be watched and protected during their slumber, and I can’t think of a safer place. Every precaution is taken, so you can rest assured, it is secure.” It was a good question, one worth knowing.

“I can’t make a comparison. I don’t remember having nightmares when I was alive, but I have been in torpor. Not many Kindred enjoy talking about it.”
    With good reason.

Chuckling, “It’s about me learning to have a little more class with my words. I tend to speak freely without thinking. And while there are times and places for that, I would like to work on how I phrase things. The Gangrels have to fight the stereotype that we’re uneducated and simply savages.” And while she could be savage and act without feeling, she didn’t want to appear uneducated.

A smirk, ah the Daevas. Whatever worked for them, mischief glinting in her dark eyes, “For some reason I’m not too shocked.” Her tone light.

“This is very true. I like to believe you and I have established some level of trust. We have falling out of touch lately, and I regret that. We really should remedy that.” She adds.

“Do you have any priorates in the Domain? We all seek more than mere survival, what do you seek?”
    though she wasn’t after the position of Prince when it came up.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

V
    Vivian York

And with that, she would end the torpored talk for now. The Nox security wasn't her priority, but someone else's, namely the Reeves. She hoped the new Reeve would be mindful of this. If not, surely Twist would have more than just words as the Archon.

Vivian shook her head. "Oh I know all too well about stereotypes. I have many of my own. I should be artsy or talented in some fine arts sort of thing, but alas I am not. I do fall into the stereotype about sex and clothing though, that I won't deny." She snickered. "So it appears we both have had difficulties going against the grain. This will make us very wise in dealing with anything that arises in another perspective."

"It takes two to fall out of touch though. It is partially my fault, but that will change a great deal."

She thought a good long moment about priorities. She had none really. "I think my only goal is to seek further involvement with the Invictus, or something of that nature. And now, to do well at my duties as Seneschal. I was honestly so busy back in Toronto, that this has been a much needed break. It seems like it wasn't long ago that I was dealing with that hellstorm up there." Mildly chuckling and shaking her head. "Things could have ended far worse for me there, but that's why I'm here. Not as a permanent vacation, but now I guess the honeymoon is over; so to speak." The Daeva grinned ear to ear.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

There was a light laugh, “I also fall into one of my Families stereotypes, the bestial instinct is alive and well within me. I’ve learned over the years to control it, to an extent. But it’s always there.” And there were times she missed giving in to that instinct. “But if nothing, I’ve learned that stereotypes aren’t always the truth.” Alice had proven that time and time again.

A nod, “I look forward to us catching up in a less formal setting then.” In Nox she had to have her Prince face on. You never knew who was listening.

“Within the Invictus? Are you seeking a Title of Function? Or to gain a different Title of Esteem?” both had benefits. “I was seeking a Title of Function at one point, but decided to continue on the path of being Reeve. The whole conflict of interest thing.” And even now, that Title of Function wouldn’t happen. And maybe, on a level, she was ok with that.

“And you’re ok and ready for that, honeymoon, to be over? I don’t want you to think you have to accept the position. I won’t be offended if you choose not to. Sometimes it makes our lives easier when we don’t have that responsibility hanging over our heads.” Sometimes she missed simply traveling from Domain to Domain, no responsibilities or anything. “But I do think you would excel in the role.” Being straight to the point.

V
    Vivian York

Shaking her head. "You know, I don't think we will ever live to see the day when there are no more stereotypes. I feel like humans and Kindred need a 'reason' to have a grudge, or at least a precluded 'norm' that their brain has to put people in. Okay, maybe one day that will happen, but it may be hundreds of years from now." There were many televisions shows that were set in the future, yet, still stereotypes even with particular species.

Vivian shrugged. "A Title of Function would be a great adventure, but, time will tell if I'm worthy." Her head tilted. "As we discussed before, I put it off for years because that is what seemed to be expected of me. Now, I will just see where it takes me."

Nodding with all sincerity, she proceeded. "Yes, I think I am ready. As far as I know, my Sire said there is no one looking for us anymore. At least that conundrum is laid to rest. That was mostly why I laid low for a few years. Flying under the radar isn't easy, but I am sure I will still take my normal precautions." Her hand rose and her fingers wiggled with her gloves. "So, yes, I accept your offer, Your Majesty."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

A single nod, “Maybe not. But it would be quite a sight to see people know those stereotypes but still give the person a chance to prove them wrong. Don’t get me wrong, I completely agree, we need those reasons to make ourselves feel better, but maybe someday a persons actions will speak louder than their family. Maybe.” A shrug, “Something to work towards maybe.” Perhaps leading by example.

“I’ve thought about it as well. The title of Meister has crossed my mind a few times since the formal Court of Duels. It was not a position I was aware of, but I figured I could be a teacher of the study of the art of guns.”
    A light shrug, “Maybe. I’d have to discuss that with Judex Twist of course. But it’s been on my mind. Any particular Title of Function catch your fancy?” she enjoyed this line of conversation, it gave them a chance to get to know each other better.

In all honesty, Ale wanted to rise above simply being a Madam. But she knew that came with time and with proving herself to Twist.

Eyebrow raise, “I wasn’t aware that there were people looking for you. With what your Sire said, I would hope you would alert me if that changes. I like to know of any threats not only to this Domain, but those I consider friends as well.” Hope wasn’t the right word, she expected to be told. But she knew Vivian wasn’t stupid. “I can’t help if I don’t know.” She would lay her Danse on the line for the Domain and her friends.

Then the smile. “Than congratulations are in order Seneschal York.” Spoke the Italian.

She then settles a bit more, “I do want to make you aware that the Brood threat is still here. I don’t believe we’ve eradicated them as of yet. And recently I’ve been made aware that we might have Hunters as well. So if you happen to hear anything about those, please let me know. And another concern. Have you meet Mr Taft? He’s a Shadow, a recent arrival.”

6. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    V
    Vivian York

As Ale spoke of what she may want, it made Vivian draw into her own wants. She'd only briefly looked through some of the Functions, and two struck her. "Now, being a Daeva, Librettist draws me very much. It's not to be confused with a Player though, as I had originally thought. Librettest is a connoisseur of the arts. A voyeur if you'll will. That definitely seems like it screams my name out. Yet, Almoner also seems to be something of my interest. I've often thought that we are not charitable enough as a Kindred society. I know many times we feed off those less fortunate, so perhaps we could gather up some monetary funds each month and contribute to soup kitchens, homeless shelters or churches who aide those people." She softly rose her shoulders and let them fall. As she'd peaked through them previously, she did study those two over others. Maybe Twist or Ale would think different.

Vivian half chuckled. "It's not something that most people offer up of course. 'Hi, I'm Vivian, I may be in trouble from some wanker in Toronto'." She chuckled softly, but it was probably not laugh worthy yet. "The thing is, if I told the wrong people, whose to say I could trust them. And, I would have told both you and Alice, but it was hard to gauge when to bring that up as well. There were typically more important things." Her lip curled and her brows a little too. "You know, the entire time I've been in this city, not once has anyone asked why I wear gloves all the time?" It would be four years in August since she arrived. She never baited anyone, but found it odd that it was never questioned. The Daeva was fully aware that gloves were a different sort of fashion attire, especially in California.

She leaned forward and bowed her torso and head graciously to her Friend and now Prince, Ale. "I thank you kindly, your Majesty. I hope to do my duties to justice."

Her mouth nearly snarled at mention of the Brood. "They are like cockroaches, the lot of them." Shaking her head. "Hunters, well, that can be a tricky situation as well. I know a great deal about them." She signed, but then a name was mentioned.

"I think I have met Mr. Taft in passing. Perhaps just a general 'hello' or 'welcome' sort of passing. If I had a deep conversation with him, it apparently wasn't memorable."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

There was a soft chuckle, “You sound like Priscus Wood. At our last meeting she brought up charity work. I dismissed it, not thinking it would be something that would spark interest among our kind. But if that cause speaks to you, then you should chase it. Maybe Priscus Wood would be willing to lend a hand.”

A nod, “This is true. Not many people would be welcoming of someone in their Domain if they had trouble on their heels.” It meant trouble for the Domain. “But I understand what you’re saying, its hard to know hen to bring up bits and pieces of your past. But if you ever want to talk about it, I’m willing to listen.” She offered. “Though given my position now, I would like to know if I need to keep an eye out for additional threats.” They already had the Brood and Hunters, would Vivians past be another threat?

Dar eyes drift down to the gloved hands, “I figured it was none of my business and if you wished to share, you would.” Eyes looking back into Vivians own. “See, I’m not the type to pry, I figure you have your reasons to share or to not.” Simple to her. She just wasn’t a nosey person, never had been. “But this is the first time you’ve brought it up.” The table was open, she could share nor not, it wouldn’t hurt her feelings either way.

A chuckle, “They certainly are. But thankfully they don’t seem to think things through. Seem to be more ruled by their emotions, which only serves to work against them in a fight. Emotions do not belong in a fight.” She learned that one the hard way a few times. And now Alice learned it, or would at some point when she woke up. Least the Savage hoped she would.

An eyebrow was raised, “You do?” she never would have thought Vivian would know a lot about Hunters. “I’m very curious as to what you know about them. I’ve run into them in the past, but my knowledge is limited.” This could be very useful.

A quick nod, “Well, lets just say there are some things about him, his tastes that have me concerned. I’m hoping that by keep an eye on him, I can head off any breaches or problems before they become too great.” A light shrug, “I figured it would be best to keep you informed of who I see as being a possible problem.” Not saying he was a problem, not yet. But enough to warrant a close eye.

V
    Vivian York

The Daeva wouldn’t have guessed that Mable may be interested in such a task. “I will definitely have a chat with her. I think it benefits us as much as the community. Then, when we feed on those less fortunate, it doesn’t seem so suspicious.” She grinned with a slight shrug. It was an obvious thing to her, but not everyone.

Vivian shook her head. “No, according to my sire that situation was dealt with between the Haunts and Savages. Mostly the women in those two Clans.” Her eyes danced with the gaggle of girls hopefully taking their old threat by the teeth and being away with it forever. “Although, I have no intention of going back. I do thank you for offering to speak with me about it. Maybe when we have time that isn’t ‘work’ time, we shall have to do that.” The Succubus said eagerly, she was excited to spend time with Ale, not the Prince. “But, as far as the gloves, I think they’ll remain on. I’d rather not cause a trace of suspicion anywhere. I appreciate you not asking about it. I guess nearly everyone has the same opinion in private matters. I think I’ve only had truck drivers chide me about it.”

Tilting her head slightly, as if a memory came forward and hit her suddenly. “Kindred killed my late husband. I turned to Hunters to help me find them. Or I should say they sought me out since we were prominent members of society back then. Our butler was one in his off times as well.” She said with a grateful emotion, but it was clear by the tone he’d long passed away. “I helped them for a while... and then, clearly slipped up.”

“I can tell you this much, some Hunters are after us for their own psychotic reasons. Then there are those who have a vendetta because one of our own was either Frenzied or had reduced their humanity to the point that they should have been Blood Hunted. There is definitely something about them that makes them a little more keen to us than the average Kine. I never learned as to what it was, but, they are not the average person that seeks us out.” The other details were foggy, which was apparently on Vivian’s face. She’d tried to shove a lot of that out of her head since she was now ‘the hunted’. Leaning forward with a serious face. “But, please, be rest assured that I have nothing to do with them anymore and have not for well over 80 years.”

Yet, what she said about Taft was far more intriguing than her own past. This was in the now, and she loved mysteries. “Oooo, what concerns you. I would love to assist in watching for signs. Perhaps it may be the Reeves job, but the more eyes, the better.”

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

The whole charity thing wasn’t something she was interested in. But if more than one Kindred wanted to get into it, more power to them. She understood giving back had it’s purpose, but it wasn’t her thing.

A situation between Haunts and Savages? What would that have to do with a Daeva? “Isn’t it usually the women who deal with those things? But then again, I could see women being the cause of strife. Words misspoken or misunderstood can lead to quite the problems. Though I’ve come across some men with very delicate egos.” And with their kind, who had centuries to fester over something said, it could go on for years.

“We can do that, I’ve been longing for conversations that weren’t work related. Plus that saying, all work and no play.”
    A hand waves dismissively. "So the sooner, the better."

Cause a trace of suspicion by removing the gloves? Wasn’t what she was expecting to hear. But she wasn’t going to push.

“I believe for me, it’s because I personally don’t like to be asked about private things. As such, I don’t ask others about such things. I figured the gloves were either a personal preference, or something private, either way, it wasn’t something to be pushed.”
    Seemed plain and simple to her.

But the Daeva’s next words took her by surprise. She sought out Hunters to aide her? Now that was something she never expected to hear. And she wasn’t sure how to feel about it. A persons past shouldn’t be held against them, yet to work with Hunters.

“Won’t lie, that wasn’t something I was expecting to hear.”
    What could she say? “Hunters are enemies to Kindred, seeking to destroy us.” But she had no evidence in front of her that Vivian was lying about not working with them anymore. Would she need to keep an eye on her Coterie Mate and now Seneschal? "But I suppose we've all done things in our past to survive."

She didn’t want to discuss Tafts Bloodline, not feeling it was her place. Though in a way, it was. But that would be like giving away the prize before the hunt. “I agree, the more eyes the better.” And while she trusted her Reeve, there was a different level of trust with Vivian. “Lets just say there are things about who he is and what he can do that can not only be a threat to security, but his alliances as well.” And having him bonded to another Kindred? Well that would just create more headaches and she didn’t want that. Maybe he would open up to Vivian, she was a stunning woman, and men fell to her feet naturally.

V
    Vivian York

Men with delicate egos, too many to count. "Oh, I can attest to the fragile egos." She chuckled, even though sometimes it may not have been a laughing matter. Some were so easily offended at the sound of insulting their ego.

But regarding her pushing, there were some things that should be pushed. "I completely understand, Your Majesty." Maybe in time Ale would realize some questions needed to be asked for security reasons. But, now was not the time to keep on the matter.

It was obvious Vivian didn't explain something properly. "I think I need to explain a different way, my apologies for the confusion." She leaned up toward the desk and went onward. "My husband was killed by a Vampire. I sought out help of the Hunters, like our Butler, at that time. Although, I didn't really have a choice." Her hands moved down the edge of the desk. "Then, I was turned by my Sire who was a Daeva." Her hands moved again. "Then, I helped my Sire go after a certain type of Hunter." Her head tilted, shoulder leaned in to see if Ale could understand what happened a little more.

"Well..." The Daeva paused. "That does not sound good in the slightest." She had pondered sleeping with him a while back, she should carry it out? Would it endanger her? So many questions.

"So, curiously, should I get to know him on a personal level and find out how dangerous he is?" Vivian laughed, her libido often got the best of her and didn't really stop at her brain; filtering right out of her mouth.

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread