(Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

-2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink

+1
    SL
    PRE

The desk was a dark mahogany, large enough for her to work on multiple things, but not too large to overshadow her.

The butterflies had been moved over and placed here and there, bringing her a sense of calm.

On the desk was the standard items on it, papers, small lamp, a computer. There was also a tall glass dome. Beside the glass dome was another one, this one held the same brightly colored butterflies, but had a darker, sinister twist to it. There was a skull in this one, with the butterflies placed artfully around it. Another skull with butterflies on it was placed on a shelf behind her.

There wasn’t really art on the walls. But there were shadow boxes placed around the room with various colors of pinned butterflies. Some blue, some green and some a mixture.

Maybe not something you would expect from the Savage, nor would many expect or know that she pinned them herself. Next to cleaning her guns, it relaxed her.

Playing softly from speakers placed around the room was Beethoven.

Two chairs sat in front of the desk, and a seating area was set in one of the corners. Which had two chairs and a couch around a coffee table. There were lamps on that offered a soft and comfortable glow, nothing too bright.

Behind the desk sat the Prince, papers scattered around. Tonight she was a blonde again. She wasn’t sure why, but was something fun and different. The rest of her was clad in her usual black. Black tank top over black leather pants. So the blonde hair was a stark difference. Her lips were a deep blood red.

Hanging on her chair, within easy reach, was her duel holster. Two .357's were nestled inside each side, spare clips tucked under them.

The door was open, she was expecting her Coterie Mate soon.
    Selena Vivian York
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

2. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    V
    Vivian York

The Daeva had a special invitation to meet the Prince. The new Prince that is. It was so strange to have a meeting at something of a 'vampire' palace, or the equivalent of the 'Oval Office', 'Buckingham Palace' and the lot. It took her far too long to decide what to wear. Should she look sexy, buisness, casual, she was a wreck and this normally wasn't like the Succubus.

Yet, on the other hand, Ale was her coterie mate. A long time friend since arriving in Sacramento. They had been shopping, exchanged gossip, and did many things that 'girlfriends' do. So, should she treat her differently than before? Her immediate answer was absolutely not. Yet, there was that piece of her that acclimated to society protocol and said there should be some exceptions.

Vivian walked toward the office in question. Her hair slicked back into a tight blonde bun. A velvet suit that was perhaps sexy to some men who was into that sort of thing was tight to her figure. Black satin gloves upon her hands that matched the lapel on the drappings of her attire.

There was no need to knock, so Vivian appeared without hesitation and gave a bow to the Savage. "Good evening, Your Majesty." It was sincere and without mockery, for that is how she chose she would be to Ale, at least when the masses would have their eyes peeled. When she rose up, the Daeva looked upon all the decorum. She'd never really been in Asa's office, so she had no real comparison to it. Although, she could guess what it looked like previously.

"Beautiful butterflies. The skull with them have the most unique life and death message." Walking toward one of them, but not touching.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ale felt the Beast, one that once cause challenge in her own, before she heard the Daeva. Now though, her Beast snarled at the weaker Beast as it walked in, wearing a velvet suit.

This was her first real sit down with her since ascending the throne of Sacramento.

Dark eyes watch the bow, heard the words and watched her walk toward some of the butterflies.

“Madame York, thank you for agreeing to meet with me.”
    Greets the Italian with a smile. She didn’t want to be formal, maybe she should have requested a meeting at the blondes house. But, it would be good for them to figure out how this would affect their relationship, especially as a Coterie.

Grazie. It’s a hobby I’ve taken up to help pass the time.” The addition of the skulls had been a new venture.

“If you don’t mind closing the door.” She asks, sliding some papers around and into folders and out of the way.

“There was a few things I wanted to talk with you about. One being Alice. I’m not aware if you know what happened to her and why you haven't seen her at Court.” The Haunt was their Coterie Mate, and Vivian deserved to know the truth.

“The other is in regards to the vacant seat that now leaves.”
    Krieg had put his name in the ring for Seneschal, but Ale’s first thought had been the Daeva. But she wanted to talk to her first, Vivian may not want the position.

V
    Vivian York

It didn't fully hit the Daeva until she got much closer that the Savage's Beast had rose above her own. She fixed her gloves a little more, trying not to let it get to her, the woman was now Prince after all; fleeing would be regrettable at this stage. Plus, the woman is her friend.

"Of course Your Majesty. No matter when or how, I will always come when you call." And they were Coterie mates, of course she'd help in any way; Prince or not.

Turning back, Vivian closed the door in a normal manner, not to soft, not in any motion that would cause someone to question it. Returning, she stood next to the chairs across from the desk. She hadn't been instructed to sit; being Invictus and in the presence of the Prince, she wouldn't dare.

"Yes, I had been wondering what occurrence left her away this time. I know the past couple of times it was because something caught up with her during an investigation or hunt of something." Vivian did not always want to know what was going on in the Domain unless it involved her friends. She was trying so very hard to stay out of trouble in Sacramento as not to arise any suspicion from those who sought her.

Now the vacancy came up. Something apparently happened to Alice that had caused this. "Alice's position is now vacant." She paused, letting that sink into the crevices of her head. "So, does this mean Alice is..." Vivian didn't want to say it or jump to any conclusions. The only emotion that was on her face was of concern for their Coterie mate, not sadness. They were Kindred, they'd already had an extended life, but final death was simply that; final.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Vivian didn’t sit, and it almost surprised her. But then she remembered she was Prince, and Invictus, and rules.

“Please, sit.”
    A hand waved.

She waits until the Daeva sits, then takes a moment to decide her words.

“The fight didn’t go as planned needless to say. While we can count it a win, it was not without losses. During out last bout with the Brood, and Dirge, Alice fell to torpor. A decision was made not to wake her, the risks with that were great. I had intended to hold her here at Nox, but her Ghoul fled with her body. I don’t know where she is now.”
    There was a hint of sadness mixed with anger. “It was a huge loss for the Domain, she was a valuable Kindred and friend.” The closet Ale had to friend in many years. “Our Coterie is down another member.” Her head shakes. She wasn’t sure if Vivian wanted details or not, so she would leave that to her to ask about. If she wanted.

A nod, “Alice is gone.” She confirms.

“So her seat as Seneschal is currently vacant. And with my current accession, it means I have to fill the seat.” She then leans back, becoming a little more relaxed.

“Tell me Madame York, is that something you think you are capable and qualified to fill?”
    Ale ever to the point.

V
    Vivian York

Vivian took a seat as soon as instructed. She sat, poised and attentive to the Gangrel, listening intently.

She was sad, and briefly let it show upon her face which was the utmost serious right now. "I will miss her greatly."

"If I may ask, why was the risk to great to wake her? However, if you are not at liberty to say, I completely understand." Nodding toward her Prince. If she never got the answer, she would remain curious, yet never bring it up again.

She watched Ale slowly relax a little, the Daeva too did so. "If I hadn't mentioned it before, I am pleased you took the role of Prince. You are such a fine fit for the role." Whether or not Ale would choose to acknowledge how wonderful she was, the Savage needed to hear it.

Vivian thought for a moment. She had sort of been fleeting to the Domain, barely a blip on Asa's radar. To others, the same could be said. "Your Majesty, I thank you very much for the offer." She began.

"I think it is something I am capable and qualified to fill. It would mean I would become far more involved in the Domain and be present at all public occasions, and of course readily available to you. Although, if you do not think I am fit for such a role, I would always be your confidant. I will always speak my mind with you, because not only are we Coterie mates, but we are friends." The Prince may have just been in interviewing mode, there may have been more she had in mind or even lined up.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

She looks at Vivian, debating her words. “Waking a Kindred that has fallen into torpor represents a great deal of problems. Frenzy and blood addiction are a few. There is also the risk of a blood bond. It was my not decision to not wake her, I was not in the position I am now.” She couldn’t really answer it. But she also doesn’t know if she would have made the call to wake Alice now.

“Have you ever fallen to torpor?” she asks. “If not, I can tell you the dreams are horrendous. Nightmares is a nice way of putting what you experience into words. When you awaken, you lose a bit of yourself, even if you don’t know it.” And Alice had been in torpor a few times. Who knew if she was still the Alice they came to care about? Would she lose her humanity once awoken? Would she be a danger to the Domain or those around her? The risk was there, yet unknown.

The next words were a surprise, “Oh, well thank you.” She certainly hoped she was a good fit. It was quite a learning curve. Wanting to be the same Ale she had always been but needing to protect those who now relied on her. It was terrifying.

Her head turns slightly as she listened, eyes studying the Daeva in front of her.

“The Domain needs a Seneschal, I need one. If I had not thought you were fit, I wouldn’t have asked about it. You know me, I suck at hiding my feelings and sugar coating things. If I felt it wasn’t something I didn’t think you could do, I wouldn’t have asked you. But you were the first name that came to mind.” It was true.

“You would be my right hand, someone that I can trust to speak for me, without over speaking. If you get what I mean.”
    She says with a smirk and a wink. “I’ve been quite surprised at how many Kindred want to sit down and talk with me and quite frankly, I’m horrible at schedules and all that.” She was, it was a fact.

“I’ve always appreciated that about you, that you’ve spoken your mind. Not many have the guts to do that.” Especially with how much backstabbing went down in Kindred society. “But I also like that you know when and where to do so.” Like in Court, in front of others. Vivian seemed to know there was a time and place for her to be outspoken.

“But it means change. Change to everything. You’ll be busy and in demand. Can you handle having a busy schedule? I know you like your freedom and being able to go out when you want. You can be honest with me and I won’t be upset. I just don’t want you to taker it because you think I expect you to. Saying no is always on the table, without judgement.”

9. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    V
    Vivian York

Nodding, Vivian adds. "Yes, I knew there were risks. Not forming a Blood Bond is a good reason not to do so." Although that was something in the past with Asa, if she recalled. Now, it was Ale at the top of the chain, would she have the same rules?

"I have not, but my Sire had been... a few times."
    She crinkled her lip. "He told me how careless he was in the beginning, and the Torpored dreams were awful. You would have thought he would have learned from his mistakes then, clearly not. By the time he sired me, and from all the 'lessons' he learned, he was not someone anyone wanted to deal with when he was angry." Vivian shook her head slightly then made a washing motion in front of her.

"I think the Domain will enjoy a Prince that speaks frankly. Sure, Asa was wonderful with words; yet, often I feel like there were riddles masked within them. It can be useful in some ways, but I think the change will be wonderful." Her smile was genuine, and the future full in her eyes.

There was a part that ran through her head; would Ale look like she's playing favorites? Damn them all if they didn't think that was the point of their entire Requiem. She'd heard once not to kiss everyone's ass; whether it was overhearing another Kindred or some late night show. Kissing the right ass was always in ones best interest.

Snickering softly. "I can be well spoken if I'd like. I was raised by a pristine and proper family, married into the same. So when I became a Vampire, becoming Invictus wouldn't be a stretch. I had my fun though for many years. However, it is possible to be eloquent and speak plainly from what I observed in Toronto."

Laughing just a little. "Of course everyone wants to speak with you. They want recognition, titles, the lot. It is our Kindred nature to want to progress in our Requiem. Just make sure you do not reveal your weaknesses." Everyone had them, she wouldn't say Ale did not. "Sometimes the questions they used to find them will be veiled." They could get into that another time; but the Daeva felt that the Savage needed a little warning.

"I can handle the change. It may take a small period of adjustment to do so. But, I would be happy to make the change for you Ale." She paused and the proudest smile appeared on her face. "Your Majesty."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

A single nod, “As harsh as it may sound, sometimes the risks are simply not worth it. I would love to have Alice back, but there are too many variables that put things in danger. Some calls are very difficult to make.” And sometimes it was not worth it, not matter how much you wanted someone back.

“I’ve been in torpor as well. And the dreams are still as vivid as they were on those nights. It’s not something you can forget. It weighs on you nightly, always playing in the back of your head. Tack multiple times on top of that and well, things get unpredictable.”
    She wondered how long until she began the decent into madness.

There was a faint smile. She enjoyed Asa’s riddles, it kept them on their toes. But she understood what Vivian was saying. “But not everyone appreciates someone who is frank. Though I suppose it comes down to learning the correct way to be frank and when the time and place for it is. Which, I’m still learning.” Being Prince was a hell of a learning experience.

Laughing, “I’m not saying there is anything wrong with the way you speak, I enjoy how blunt you can be. I just wanted to make sure you understood that sometimes there was a time and place for being blunt. And there are certainly Kindred who require it. I have faith that you’d know when those times were. As for being eloquent, I believe I could learn a great deal from you about that. I would like to come across more well spoken than I sometimes do. Years of being on the road and alone has stripped some of that from me.” A smirk.

“Ah yes. The never-ending tower climb of our existence. How many asses can we kiss and how many masks can we wear.”
    It was all part of the nightly Danse.

“I’ve been careful, and thank you for the warning. One thing I’ve learned in my years is not to trust a Kindred who comes with beautiful words and arms full of compliments. But it has been amusing to a certain level. Reminds me of the days when I was breathing and leading a mob in Italy.” But there was more fear in those men than in the Kindred.

V
    Vivian York

Vivian didn't want it to be true, but it was. Not waking Alice was probably for the best. "Let's just hope she does not wake herself then..." Who knows what may happen. Then she realized, there was something important she should probably know. "Where do the Torpored get put to rest?"

She had no room to compare. "I've only had horrible nightmares about events and other circumstances, some were before I would go on a task, but I don't think they would pale in comparison."

"You, Ale, will not have an issue learning how to be frank." She chuckled softly. "It doesn't really matter what they think though. They will just have to get used to your ways." Vivian had more faith in the Savage than she herself did, at least that was what the Daeva gathered. But it was good for Ale to air out these thoughts with her, after all, this would be her role going forward.

She snickered. "I think I have mastered when and where to be blunt by now. Times and places for these things. There have been rare times that my mouth has gotten me in trouble. Usually it's not regarding words..." Her eyes widened with her contained laughter of how promiscuous she was.

"It takes a lot to build up trust, as you know. And seconds to break it. It is even more difficult for Kindred. We spend our existence proving our worth far more than any Kine."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread