DISPLAYED
(Heavenly Creatures) Grubs!

Page 7 of 8 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Curvy)
    Sand

Nimbus:
    Tiny sparkling particulates like dust motes are shed to reveal what is below. With vulgar magic, the shedding is more of a scouring and the motes obscure in the frenzy.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar 0
    Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/2

[3] Supernal Vision (Rit)

+1
    SL
    PRE

A frown as the glyphs fade.

Spell= perfect.
    Grubs= patterned.

So why?...

Hive =/= grubs =/= patterned.

A huff of exasperation at the early error.

Mental note for the Lessons Learned section, attention drawn to back to conversation at hand.

"The only way to figure out what happened is to get more data. I'm inclined to let them continue their existence. But we will need to be vigilant about them. "

Sympathy. A link. Was it mutual? <-->
    Or a one way street. And if so, was it grubs-->crack or grubs<--crack.

Simplest explanation was that the crack was the source, the grubs the recipients.

"Aurora- you are likely the best out of all of us to watch and research the Hive and it's grubs. Langdon- you seemed to have the best intel on the crack itself. I'm personally betting the crack formed and influenced some standard butterflies in the greenhouse, but it's not a sure thing. We should give it some time and then double check the crack. See if it shows any impact due to the removal of the grubs. And ditto on the grubs themselves. Are you guys cool with taking point on those topics?"

2. Likes liked this post
    Bump "Bump" this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She listened as Lacuna talked and made some excellent points.

“Great points.” She comments, looking back at the hive. “There’s a lot we don’t know about these bugs.” They should be studied.

The crack was a whole new problem.

“I suppose we’ll know soon enough if the Hive and bugs require a crack to survive. But I’d like to know why it formed, and if I can be of any help in that, let me know.” She wasn’t sure what went into investigating cracks in the Tapestry, but she’d help if she could.

Looking to Sand, there was a nod, “I have no problem watching and seeing if I can learn anything new about the hive and the grubs.” She’d never really studied anything before, this would be a new thing. "I am curious as to what they eat, and I'm hoping it's not Tass." cause that meant a whole host of new problems.

4. Bump "Bump" this post
    Presence
    (Taciturn)
    Striking Looks
    (Statuesque)
    Lorna Holmes
    (Around Sleepers)
    Barely there English Accent
    Allies
    (Unions)
    Lacuna

Any mage with the sense for it will note that Lacuna has a Destiny

Nimbus

At first, there is a soft rattling of chains tickles your ears, which increase in volume as the sound of something heavy scraping the floor echos out. The scraping grows louder, and now heavy measured footsteps a company the ominous cacophony...which you realize seems to come from everywhere, no matter the distance.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2
    Occult 2

Vulgar
    Active Spells: / 6
    Personal Spells:

(Paper Chace) 2eSpace Sight 2suxx,2eMindSight 2suxx,2eSpaceArmor1suxx DEF 5, Read matrices 2suxx, portal 8suxx |1vulgar 1 mana, 1 resistant bashing contagion in effect

(Grubs) 2eSpaceArmor1suxx DEF 5, 2eSpaceSight1suxx,2eMindSight2suxx, Portal 4suxx, Vulgars 1, | 4 Mana
    contagion in effect

+1
    SL
    PRE

The gubs would live within their tass hive and flourish under the care of the Mysterium.

Her lips press into a flat line, she couldn't help a nagging feeling like this was not a good plan. The grubs, the hive, their connection to this Crack that only Langdon can see due to his forged soul....the runt of a giantess swallows down the unease and what her mind imagines these grubs might turn into given time, and nods. Turning to the group she asks, "Is this it then? The hive and it's residents will be in the care of the Mysterium?"
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

6. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Bump "Bump" this post

Langdon
    Doctorate
    Langdon

PRE

"Works for me. The only concern I have is if someone can follow that sympathy line here." Sympathy is weird in the same way that the ground itself is weird. Kind of like reality. Langdon focuses back on the task at hand with a nod. "I'll look into it." Aurora has a good point as well if the creatures feed on tass then a source will have to be found. That would complicate things.

"It's what we do. We study and store this sort of phenomena. It would be safer than leaving it in a corner somewhere in the Circle or taking it out of the Circle." Not to mention hide it from the Guardian. "We" Yes Langdon remembers the Order meeting. "would most likely have to get permission to share access to it but everything has a price."

8. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Curvy)
    Sand

Nimbus:
    Tiny sparkling particulates like dust motes are shed to reveal what is below. With vulgar magic, the shedding is more of a scouring and the motes obscure in the frenzy.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar 0

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Mysterium?

A wrinkle in her forehead.

Aurora -> Mysterium. Yes.

But... also Aurora =/= only Mysterium. Right?

"I would hypothesize that they do not eat Tass any more than bees eat the wax that their hives are made out of. The structure that they have used to form their habitat is Tass itself. It is not so much that it is a storage vessel for the substance."

A pause.

Permission? Srsly?

"But... that being said, they are not bees."

A look toward Aurora, a silent question.

The suggestion had been for Aurora as knowledgeable in Spirit and in Life to watch the grubs. Would she take it as such. Or would she take it as Aurora, member of the Mysterium.

Wrinkle depth increases 20%.

Was that how Orders worked?

10. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    (Taciturn)
    Striking Looks
    (Statuesque)
    Lorna Holmes
    (Around Sleepers)
    Allies
    (Unions)
    Lacuna

Nimbus

At first, there is a soft rattling of chains tickles your ears, which increase in volume as the sound of something heavy scraping the floor echos out. The scraping grows louder, and now heavy measured footsteps a company the ominous cacophony...which you realize seems to come from everywhere, no matter the distance.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2
    Occult 2

Vulgar
    Personal Spells:

(Paper Chace) 2eSpace Sight 2suxx,2eMindSight 2suxx,2eSpaceArmor1suxx DEF 5, Read matrices 2suxx, portal 8suxx |1vulgar 1 mana, 1 resistant bashing contagion in effect

(Grubs) 2eSpaceArmor1suxx DEF 5, 2eSpaceSight1suxx,2eMindSight2suxx, Portal 4suxx, Vulgars 1, | 4 Mana
    contagion in effect

+1
    SL
    PRE

Give it to the Guardians and we'll never see it again.

Give it to the Mysterium and we'll never see it again.

One would make it ash, the other would lock it up behind wards and glass.

If Langdon hadn't been around, then they wouldn't know about the Crack, but they'd also be able to do with the hive and the grubs what they wished. Crossing her arms, she rolled her eyes under her lids and took a breath. She didn't want to make a thing out of this. She'd done that enough in New York. There had been a reason the Mysterium treated her like a leper the the Big Apple.

"Agreed."

...and if the hive and grubs ended up blowing up in their grubby grabby faces, then it was their's to deal with.

12. Likes liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She was wondering who would ask first about the Mysterium having hold of the Hive.

And while she was still new to it and its ways, she can understand the concern. Lacuna and Sand had helped find this wonder, certainly they should have access to whatever is learned from it.

But on the opposite hand, as Mysterium, their job was to protect and learn from the Hive and whatever the grubs inside were.

This wasn’t a situation she liked being in. And she could see a divide forming, separating her and Langdon from Lacuna and Sand. A divide she didn’t like.

Blue eyes simply look to the Hive, leaving Langdon, who outranked her, to speak for the Mysterium in this case.

“But I’m sure something can be worked out to keep everyone in the loop.” They helped find it, they deserved to know what was learned.

She catches Sand look and looks uncomfortable. Like she was struggling with how things had turned.

“Thanks for that information. I admit I know little about bugs and fully intended to dive into research to best learn how to keep these guys alive without causing trouble to anyone around them. So that little bit helps, even if they're not bees.” She had a long night of research to dive into.

Langdon
    Doctorate
    Langdon

PRE

A nod as Sand lays out what is known or can be reasonably guessed so far. What the things are is probably just as important as how they formed. "Lets hope that they don't turn into things that made us wish they were bees." It's almost odd that the two Apostates aren't arguing more but Langdon carries on.

Aurora has a point, social tact. "This was a joint effort, I will speak with Campanella and see what can be worked out." Landon at first frowns to himself but brings the words out. How to..

"I can grab some coffee for anyone who wants to stick around? I may Scry onto the shed later to see if anything has changed."

Almost at the two month mark, should be wrap it soon? I'm sorry for not being consistent.

15. Likes Yumyumcrow, liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Curvy)
    Sand

Nimbus:
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar 0

+1
    SL
    PRE

While Lacuna's stance was not mimicked & wrinkle reduced intensity, the hint remained. Hint of a wrinkle 2 match hint of not ever seeing the Tass Hive again.

A low breath exhaled. No better offer seemed willing to be produced and desire to fight the point here and now was at 0.

"I'll keep you company. I can help with the structure of the Hive but not the entities themselves so I might as well see if I can help with the crack."

Probably a good idea

Presence
    (Taciturn)
    Striking Looks
    (Statuesque)
    Lorna Holmes
    (Around Sleepers)
    Allies
    (Unions)
    Lacuna

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2
    Occult 2

Vulgar
    Personal Spells:

contagion in effect

+1
    SL
    PRE

Silently Lacuna stares, with efficient movements she crosses her arms. Then she nods. She might not have made a fuss about this, but if the Mystagogue is making the effort to extend an olive branch, then Lacuna would take it.

Even as she looked for mites, ticks and who knows what else.

Sounds good to me!

18. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
Page 7 of 8 First ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread