DISPLAYED
(Heavenly Creatures) Grubs!

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

Mysteries can happen anywhere. Even the most mundane of places can contain a spark, or indeed, a fragment of the Supernal.

Just like here, in the middle of these allotments, under the electricity leaden wires and sandwiched between the waste ground and still fresh urban developments north of Discovery Park. The ground may not be sodden any longer, but the grass and weeds are thick; a premature surge of life has gripped the allotments too and already there are signs that avid gardeners have been at work.

Thats not what draws the Awakened though.

Spider senses tingle. Muscles suddenly cramp. A shivers runs down the spine. A cold sweat. These are the signs that the Awakened know: the sixth sense honed for the Supernal and the supernatural. The unseen sense provides only a vague hunch for direction but today that hunch lucks out...

...For the only thing of note in that direction is a tangled mass of tarps and an unsightly excuse for a greenhouse / shed.

@Saber Sloth Lacuna Kelreth Langdon Sand deltadream your adventure is UP!
    If you are interested Travisc06489 Hamia can jump in as well, though I note this is more of an investigation based plot with the possibly of combat only in the final sequences...

2. Likes Travisc06489, liked this post

Langdon
    Doctorate
    Langdon

PRE

From a safe distance Langdon watches the allotments. He had been walking through town to take in the sites and to see if obvious cracks stood out. If they did, they would have been noted down in the notebook he holds in his left hand. In his right a pen taps idly against his thigh. It's obvious to anyone around that Langdon is not there to garden. Well pressed, if slightly old dress pants, hang over worn dress shoes. The sleeves are rolled up on his button down, both to help with the weather and to keep them away from any dirt Langdon is fairly certain he is going to be poking into shortly. Across his back hangs what would be called a messenger bag if it wasn't clearly designed for a business professional. If anything it stands out as the least worn thing Langdon is wearing, thankfully it also hides inside of itself the bone handled knife that Langdon was given as a parting gift from New York.

So for now the Mystagogue watches and waits. To see if anything happens and if anyone approaches the mess of tarps and that shed..thing. To anyone with the Sight two glyphs hang around Langdon. The brown glows with the vibrancy of will pushed into form, its gray companion seems to be pushing against the world around it. As if it were trying to escape.

4. Likes Yumyumcrow, Travisc06489, liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Curvy)
    Sand

Nimbus:
    Tiny sparkling particulates like dust motes are shed to reveal what is below. With vulgar magic, the shedding is more of a scouring and the motes obscure in the frenzy.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar 0
    Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/2

[3] Supernal Vision (Rit)

+1
    SL
    PRE

With 2 unknowns, 2 equations are required to solve.

Currently at hand
    • 2 unknowns. X: Greenhouse Y: Glyph'd male.
    • 0 equations

Best possible outcome with such givens? A function.

In this case it would be y=F(x).

"Looks like it might need some work if they want to use it for this spring..." Because "Hey" seemed more appropriate for park walkers going opposite directions?

6. Likes , Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Presence
    (Taciturn)
    Striking Looks
    (Statuesque)
    Lorna Holmes
    (Around Sleepers)
    Barely there English Accent
    Allies
    (Unions)
    Lacuna

Any mage with the sense for it will note that Lacuna has a Destiny

Nimbus

At first, there is a soft rattling of chains tickles your ears, which increase in volume as the sound of something heavy scraping the floor echos out. The scraping grows louder, and now heavy measured footsteps a company the ominous cacophony...which you realize seems to come from everywhere, no matter the distance.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2
    Occult 2

Vulgar
    Active Spells: / 6
    Personal Spells:

(Paper Chace) 2eSpace Sight 2suxx,2eMindSight 2suxx,2eSpaceArmor1suxx DEF 5, Read matrices 2suxx, portal 8suxx |1vulgar 1 mana, 1 resistant bashing contagion in effect

(Grubs) 2eSpaceArmor1suxx DEF 5, 2eSpaceSight1suxx,2eMindSight2suxx, Portal 4suxx, Vulgars 1, | 4 Mana
    contagion in effect

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mysteries can happen anywhere, aye. With how omnipresent this telling of her's -and others- mystical sense weighed around this seeming innocuous area she expected more then the curvy blond - Sand - and an unknown male with brown glyphs of Matter and -!

Grey cracks, indents set against the blackness of the fabric of reality.

Lacuna stares, mouth agape, before it sets into a hard line, she'd learned many things Before. Some of it she'd learned was bull but some of it wasn't. Compounded with what she'd obsessively gathered and meticulously studied she felt safe enough to say that the cracks were not melodious, or at least overtly. They were an effect, and a signature. Proof of a forged soul. What was left was to see if he forged himself upon the Lefthanded path or not.

She shifts her grip on her sledgehammer, nods a greeting to Sand and waits for this unknown to make his next move.

2e Space Sight and Armour
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-03-28 10:43:52 Lacuna rolls 6 to 2e space Armor (Space 3 + Gnosis 3 ) (10 Again) 8, 7, 5, 1, 2, 6 1 success
    2018-03-28 10:42:51 Lacuna rolls 6 to Space Sight (Space 3 + Gnosis 3) (10 Again) 1, 9, 3, 2, 5, 6 1 success
      Cracks wtf!? 4 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-03-28 10:54:05 Lacuna rolls 5 to Cracks wtf?! (Int 3 + Occult 2) (10 Again) 10, 9, 9, 1, 10, 4, 7 4 successes
    -2 mana for 24 hour duration for both spells
    Equipment, tool belt with tape measure, screwdriver, hammer, pliers, and carrying a sledgehammer.
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

Langdon
    Doctorate
    Langdon

PRE

"Hmm?" Is asked as Langdon shifts to look towards the speaker. Once he actually looks at her though. "I ah yes, Someone is going to be spending quite some time weeding." A hand waves towards the tarps and shed..thing. "I'm not sure that's safe to be near though." Then he notices the glowing white glyph and straightens.

"I'm sorry, I didn't notice." The same hand gives a tight swirl next to his head. "I'm Langdon, I came to town recently. Any idea what's going on here?" A moment's pause and Langdon sees the second women, also with glyphs, and a sledgehammer. ....wait...What?

"I was just looking."
    The pen is slide into a pocket. "I can leave if this is something private." He speaks to both women, clearly uncomfortable with where this is going.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The Sight

Lacuna and Sand do not notice anything dramatically out of place in the area. There are no spatial distortions, lags, shoals, or other signs of spatial anomalies in the allotments. Sand picks up that there is slightly more ambient mana drifting lazily through the area. Its nothing dramatic, simply signalling that there is probably a High Place of some description with a reasonable distance. With a bit of time and effort, she might be able to work out the direction from which the mana is flowing...
    Langdon sees what Lacuna sees with the Mage Sight. It would be pretty boring...

... Except for the faint crack scything down next to the ugly greenhouse-shed. It was so faint that he might have missed it, had he not been end-on with the crack and caught the distortion of the lip where the Tapestry warped and buckled.

Lacuna

Lacuna notes the curious aura of the gent and especially the peculiarly flayed, yet seemingly aggressive, shape of the grey Glyph of Space. She knows enough to recognise the effect of soul working at play. There is a surge of surprise as she recognises the name of the Legacy, drawn somehow from her unconscious recollections of her initial training in the Art: Reality Stalker. Apparently, they are a group of thieves, mystics, and explorers tied to the Mysterium.

I'm assuming Lacuna has 3 Occult Saber Sloth as per the Occult Skill notes from the Wiki

10. Likes liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Curvy)
    Sand

Nimbus:
    Tiny sparkling particulates like dust motes are shed to reveal what is below. With vulgar magic, the shedding is more of a scouring and the motes obscure in the frenzy.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar 0

+1
    SL
    PRE

New in town was a solid reason for why Langdon was not familiar. Additionally a solid argument for not being one of the shadow Seers of time-dabbling.

Though, was it justifiable to say that the others aside from Campanella and Auorora were familiar? The proposition receives an immediate test.

Lacuna. Familiar?

Evaluation -> Yes*

The nod is returned, hand lifted in a brief wave of acknowledgment even as eyebrow quirks toward the sledgehammer.

"Private?" To Langdon with a laugh, "Ah... no. Not private. I'm Sand. Not the longest Sacramento resident but long enough to have made it my home. Laughing was a good tension breaker even as important information was conveyed in code.

"The area caught my attention and like you I came to look. I think though that I may up my looking into a full fledged investigation."

High Place was nothing to ignore. Especially with recent influx of familiar mages.

Would Langdon stay? Or was he the one Campanella had seen before and would there be a repeat performance? Campanella hadn't mentioned glyphs and definitely not glyphs like these. So chances were slim. But it was there nonetheless.

*Sledgehammer =/= familiar.

Presence
    (Taciturn)
    Striking Looks
    (Statuesque)
    Lorna Holmes
    (Around Sleepers)
    Barely there English Accent
    Allies
    (Unions)
    Lacuna

Any mage with the sense for it will note that Lacuna has a Destiny

Nimbus

At first, there is a soft rattling of chains tickles your ears, which increase in volume as the sound of something heavy scraping the floor echos out. The scraping grows louder, and now heavy measured footsteps a company the ominous cacophony...which you realize seems to come from everywhere, no matter the distance.
    Stats

Health:
    Backlash:
    Mana: |
    WP: |
    Armor 1/0
    Defense 2
    Occult 2

Vulgar
    Active Spells: / 6
    Personal Spells:

(Paper Chace) 2eSpace Sight 2suxx,2eMindSight 2suxx,2eSpaceArmor1suxx DEF 5, Read matrices 2suxx, portal 8suxx |1vulgar 1 mana, 1 resistant bashing contagion in effect

(Grubs) 2eSpaceArmor1suxx DEF 5, 2eSpaceSight1suxx,2eMindSight2suxx, Portal 4suxx, Vulgars 1, | 4 Mana
    contagion in effect

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Lacuna," she grunts when Sand offers her name to Langdon. "Appologies," but dosen't loosen her hold on her favorite tool. "The effects if what you've attainted caught me off guard." feeling calmer know he wasn't upon a Lefthanded Path, and assumedely of the Mysterium.

Lacuna spends more time then she aught trying to invent a safe way to speak of what had piqued ea h of their interests when she remembers. Speech. Vocal distortions and Sound.

Carefully, precisely Lacuna moves her fingers in the well practiced Mudras, while peicing together her bubble esque Imago.

The Golden glyphs of an Initiate spell forms, while taking hold and marking the area around them as safe.

"We can speak freely, Am I right to assume you are a Realiry Stalker of the Mysterium? Have you spoken to anyone within the Consilium yet?" she asks brusquely. "And have you any information of what has assuredly drawn us all here?"

Influence Sound Rote 5suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-03-30 13:00:21 Lacuna rolls 7 to Influence Sound Rote (Int 3 + Occult 2 + Forces 2) (10 Again) 8, 7, 7, 9, 9, 8, 8 5 successes
    Health: | Mana: | Willpower:

Langdon
    Doctorate
    Langdon

PRE

Right on top of the shed. That will make this awkward. The blond.. Sand's words pull him back to the now. Focus. Before Langdon can put together an acceptable way to describe just what sort of investigation is needed the sledgehammer wielding women speaks. Is she? Langdon doesn't move as Lacuna flows through the mudra. Then is left speechless at how precise she is.

"I.. how do you know of us?" Eyes flow to see if she drops any of the appropriate signs. "But yes, I am a member of the Mysterium and a Reality Stalker as well." Landgon frowns and looks at the crack over the shed before looking back at the women. "Since that is out of the way. I think that an investigation would be prudent." His right hand and pen rise and point towards the shed.

"There is a an abnormality in the Tapestry next to the shed. That will complicate things." His attention shifts back to the two women. "Do you both have a proficiency with the Space arcana?"

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Curvy)
    Sand

Nimbus:
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar 0

+1
    SL
    PRE

The spellwork was top quality but blinking away the admiration, focus turned to the questions rightfully asked.

"Where you at a diner the other day?" Mental lists are expanded, physical ones to be added to later. Langdon. Mysterium and Reality Stalker. Still some missing answers, perhaps the follow up would draw more information forth.

The shed is given a second look, a small frown of concentration. "I am only seeing a mana flow, nothing regarding the spacial construct of the area. But that could be because I am not experienced with the arcanum you bring up."

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last
Closed Thread